and the line that i want (out of the two lol) is starting to form ^0^

everyone is so brave <333

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest blahxx

did you guys know that if you get your corners cut, you may end up looking more mean? i know some of you guys are getting your corners done along with eyelids to look more graceful/cute whatever, but it can have the opposite effect if you get your corners cut

Guest xskies

hmm what do you mean?

i heard that just getting your eyelids may give you just double eyelids but not really bigger eyes so they cut the inner corner.

Guest blahxx

you can get bigger eyes with eyelid surgery, it's just that bigger eyelids does not necessarily mean bigger eyes. for example, if you have naturally droopy eyes and get big double eyelids, youre probably gonna have bad result. what you would need is a small one with the droopy skin removed and that will open up your eyes and make them big. i saw pics on daum and people who had small eyes usually opted for small double eyelids and their eyes became bigger afterwards..cant say this will happen to 100% of you guys, but i also saw pics at a daum cafe where everything's about bad plastic surgery, and all the eyes that turned out bad were the ones with big eyelids

i read some people complaining on daum how they got eyelid surgery + corners cut to have that innocent eye look but getting the corners cut made them look meaner than before, and for others it did not make any difference at all. there were those who said they love their eyes with the corners cut, but there were also exceptions

Guest nacj88

thanks for the pics and advice pplz!!! [haha still haven't picked a place yet]...korea's comin' close tho..eeeek >_< but im choosin' either Kangnam or Apukjung...im so stuck tho...i either want apkujong real cosmetic clinic or possibly the other ones that were recently posted here like jeongwon or bando?? still have to do some major research.

and yep. like many other grlz, i ALSO want a prominent eyelid =D

Guest deportedkorean

I just got mine done yesterday >_<...

Clinic name: Migo, Kangnam for the surgery, Apkujung for stitches removal and checkup (They were in the middle of moving their clinic)

website: http://migoclinic.co.kr or http://english.teuimps.co.kr for Dr. Kwon's new clinic

Doctor: Kwon Bong Shik, he was very professional (4/6/09: he has his own clinic now!)

Price: Roughly $2500 (in US)...it was originally $2700 but my sister haggled for $2500 and they threw in some free mole removal (haha)

Procedure: Double eyelids ($1200), magic epicanthoplasty + skin reduction ($1300), and a bunch of moles removed

Time it took: 3 hours (magic took about 2 hours)

The procedure...

They stuck an IV in my arm, and clamped a pulse oximeter on my thumb.

They drew the "design" (the pen was kind of sharp. I thought the surgeon was cutting me at first! D:)

They put me to sleep for the "magic epicanthoplasty" (that was actually pretty fun, it was like that movie "Madagascar" when the lion gets shot by the tranquilizer...it was kind of kaleidoscopey, haha) and to stick the numbing shots near my eyes

They did the cutting and I think they burned some fat (it smelled pretty bad)

Then they started stitching and I was so scared I would start feeling the pain but it went by pretty nicely. But then I started to feel some stinging toward the outer corner of my left eye and I let him know. So he numbed it a bit more.

Some tugging and pulling (felt funny, didn't hurt)

A lot of "open/close your eyes"

And we're done!

They put me in a resting room and put gauze and tape over the inner corners and on my bottom eyelids and the top of my cheeks

They took off my moles soon after (numbing cream, stinging, burning smell...ick)

They gave me two ice packs for my eyes and lots of medicine

It was kind of uncomfortable the first day

30 minutes after the surgery, my eyes were super teary but the nurses told me its normal and should go away after a few days (and it did).

My impression of the doctor:

He knew exactly what he was doing, he could see the droopiness from the eyelid glue (I didn't even tell him I used glue, well, not until he told me my eyelids are a bit droopy). He could tell I was feeling some discomfort from the pen (that marked my eyes) and told me "don't worry, I'm just drawing on your eyes" (it's like he read my mind...I thought he was cutting into me already, it was so sharp). He wasn't the most cheerful guy, more serious about his job (which is good!)

Before picture:

6855891296_0419ac1722.jpg

Today (day after surgery):

I pulled off the gauze in the inner corners (i feel better)

I feel no pain today.

3rd day:

6855891342_e8a2df2f19.jpg

I got the stitches and cuts cleaned, the tapes on the removed moles changed, and I got the tapes under my eyes removed

4th day:

My left eye looks AWESOME! My right eye: it's kind of still swollen (my sister says that a lot of times, some people's eyes don't heal symmetrically). My eyes are quite a bit watery (it started a little after the surgery, but maybe it's also like this because I just caught the cold) and I wish I could wash my face...it's SO GROSS.

5th day:

6855891388_02b50218ef.jpg

7002006365_0a54bef14a.jpg

Stitches were pulled out: it felt like when I tweezed my eyebrows for the first time, I got a little teary but I felt better afterward.

I removed more moles because they forgot a couple (because they did it after putting the tape on, so they didn't see it).

7th day:

7002006405_c8d8b71d18.jpg

7002006437_fa787ccc10.jpg

I can wash my face now :)

9th day:

7002006513_854022aa09.jpg

10th day:

The scabs from the stitches in the corners fell off (with a little help) in the airplane ride back home (thank God, my boyfriend was the person picking me up).

2 weeks (14th day):

I started using my mascara and such. I was being extremely careful (no rubbing or anything)...even though my sister told me I shouldn't put makeup on (her recommendation).

1 month:

My eyelashes are growing kind of funky...the left eyelashes are curled but they go in diff directions, the right one is pointing straight out and slightly curled.

my eyelid creases evened out!

I can put on makeup comfortably (Without being afraid of messing anything up or ripping my eyelid open or something lol).

2.5 months:

7002006561_4b5873a336.jpg

Surgeon: he was pretty easy to talk to, but honestly? He laid it all out very well, gave me tons of info that I didn't even have any questions to ask.

edit: for the corner cutting (magic epicanthoplasty)...I'm not sure what makes you qualified...actually, I think I know (it's called the mongolian fold), but its really hard to explain...I just realized on the teuim site...it shows you what they do...

My opinion? I love my new eyes!

1 year update:

Kwon Bong Shik doesnt work there anymore (Hannah, a soompier told me). He has his own clinic:

http://english.teuimps.co.kr

scarring is VERY VERY minimal...looks very natural, people dont know i got surgery until i tell them (even the older korean women that has had surgery themselves haha).

More pics:

n19507255_32761590_3345.jpg

n19507255_32861853_4921.jpg

Edit (4/30/09)

I'm finally posting my ~2 year scar pictures

svqb1t.jpg

2e1soy8.jpg

n3wxmw.jpg

Forgive the obscene no foundation pictures/finals week eyes...my skin is so uneven due to sun damage.

As you can see...you can't see any scarring (unless you're REALLY looking for it)...which is terrific... :D

Guest xXSJloveXx

^ Thats great to hear that your surgery went well, by the way u described it, im sure it'll turn out really pretty ^^

cant wait to see your pics <3

Guest ChouChou

Hey i posted a post recently and someone asked for me to post pictures of my eyelids

basically i had my eyelids done about two years ago and im considering getting them done again cos my eyelids kind of droop now

ull see in the pictures =)

someone sed i can get em done again so im opting

jus wanna show you

=)

untitledqb3.jpg

those are my eyes

you can see in the pictures what im doing with my eyes

bascially i have to do picture 2 all the time to make them look like i have eyelids and its annoying

i have to opening my eyes myself

and my muscles get tired =(

xxxx

Guest xskies

I was just planning on getting the incision surgery but they said that I had "sleepy eyes" (i think it was kooky that had the same thing? it was a few pages back...)...so they had to cut out a bit of skin ("sleepy eyes"...means you got some extra skin, mine was from eyelid glue), and they said they think i should cut the inner corners (a short reason why: if i didnt, i'd have to opt to get a more..."in crease" (kind of sok ssangkapul-ish))...so I got that as well....ah! of course...in info:

Clinic name: Migo (yeah, i know, i thought i was going to meenmandeulki), Kangnam (I think? they have a bunch of other clinics too)

Doctor: heh, never caught his name...but he was very professional

Price: $2500 (in US)...it was originally $2700 but my sister haggled for $2500 + mole removal (haha)

procedure: Double eyelids, epicanthoplasty (they call it "magic epicanthoplasty"), and a bunch of moles removed (laser)

So the procedure...

They stuck an IV in my arm, and clamped that pulse thing on my thumb...

They drew the "design" (the pen was kind of sharp...i thought they were cutting me at first! lol)

They put me to sleep for the "magic epicanthoplasty" (that was actually pretty fun lol, it was like that movie "Madagascar" when the lion gets stuck with the tranquilizer...it was kind of kaleidoscope-ish haha) and to stick the numbing shots near my eyes

They did the cutting and i think they used a laser to burn the fat (it smelled pretty bad)

Then they started stitching and i was so scared i would start feeling the pain but it went by pretty nicely...but then i started feeling it toward the outer corner of my left eye and i let him know...so he numbed it a bit more...

Some tugging and pulling (felt funny...didnt hurt)

Alot of "open/close your eyes"

And we're done!

They put me in a resting room and put gauze and tape over the inner corners (I just pulled the gauze off today)...

They took off my moles soon after

They gave me two icepacks for my eyes and lots of medicine

It was kind of uncomfortable the first day, but today, i feel nothing!

Tomorrow I go to get it cleaned and on thursday I go to get the stitches pulled out (i have to go by myself...eek)

my opinion, they did a fantastic job...i can tell even with all the swelling and crap...everyone else is telling me they did a good job as well :)

I will post pics later (can't upload them today)...prob in a week :)

awsome awesome!! :)!

one question - do they HAVE to put an IV in your arm T-T?

im scared of those.. if they're just shots i can deal with.

eeeh :tears: oh w/e its like in the summer of '08! :D

@ChouChou - aaah so pretty :)!i see what you mean. how much was it when you got it?

Guest husssh

Hey i posted a post recently and someone asked for me to post pictures of my eyelids

basically i had my eyelids done about two years ago and im considering getting them done again cos my eyelids kind of droop now

ull see in the pictures =)

someone sed i can get em done again so im opting

jus wanna show you

=)

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7725/untitledqb3.jpg

those are my eyes

you can see in the pictures what im doing with my eyes

bascially i have to do picture 2 all the time to make them look like i have eyelids and its annoying

i have to opening my eyes myself

and my muscles get tired =(

xxxx

aww your eyelids look cute in the first picture. but you're right they are kind of drooping. =( does this usually happen if you get eyelid surgery? >.<; and did you get incision method or nonincision? but only two years and they're already drooping? =T lol sorry so many questions. x_x

and i can't wait to see your pictures deportedkorean. =) i noticed you did A LOT of research on this thread, hahah i'm proud of you for finally getting it done. =P

Guest murrkoh*

I was just planning on getting the incision surgery but they said that I had "sleepy eyes" (i think it was kooky that had the same thing? it was a few pages back...)...so they had to cut out a bit of skin ("sleepy eyes"...means you got some extra skin, mine was from eyelid glue), and they said they think i should cut the inner corners (a short reason why: if i didnt, i'd have to opt to get a more..."in crease" (kind of sok ssangkapul-ish))...so I got that as well....ah! of course...in info:

Clinic name: Migo (yeah, i know, i thought i was going to meenmandeulki), Kangnam (I think? they have a bunch of other clinics too)

Doctor: heh, never caught his name...but he was very professional

Price: $2500 (in US)...it was originally $2700 but my sister haggled for $2500 + mole removal (haha)

procedure: Double eyelids, epicanthoplasty (they call it "magic epicanthoplasty"), and a bunch of moles removed (laser)

So the procedure...

They stuck an IV in my arm, and clamped that pulse thing on my thumb...

They drew the "design" (the pen was kind of sharp...i thought they were cutting me at first! lol)

They put me to sleep for the "magic epicanthoplasty" (that was actually pretty fun lol, it was like that movie "Madagascar" when the lion gets stuck with the tranquilizer...it was kind of kaleidoscope-ish haha) and to stick the numbing shots near my eyes

They did the cutting and i think they used a laser to burn the fat (it smelled pretty bad)

Then they started stitching and i was so scared i would start feeling the pain but it went by pretty nicely...but then i started feeling it toward the outer corner of my left eye and i let him know...so he numbed it a bit more...

Some tugging and pulling (felt funny...didnt hurt)

Alot of "open/close your eyes"

And we're done!

They put me in a resting room and put gauze and tape over the inner corners (I just pulled the gauze off today)...

They took off my moles soon after

They gave me two icepacks for my eyes and lots of medicine

It was kind of uncomfortable the first day, but today, i feel nothing!

Tomorrow I go to get it cleaned and on thursday I go to get the stitches pulled out (i have to go by myself...eek)

my opinion, they did a fantastic job...i can tell even with all the swelling and crap...everyone else is telling me they did a good job as well :)

I will post pics later (can't upload them today)...prob in a week :)

yayy~ you got your eyes done. i have a few questions for you so that i can consider the place you went to..

1) how was the doctor? did you get a chance to tell your doctor what you wanted? and did he listen? was he FLYY? lol

2) what did the doctor tell you about your eyes? did he agree with what you were saying? or did he think that you should get smaller creases?

3) what happened during your consultation?

4) do you reccomend that place?

(hope you don't mind answering :rolleyes: )

Guest YOUNGJOOx

deported korean: you finally got your eyes done!

do you think you got the "prominent crease" that you wanted?

i basically have the same questions that murrkoh* asked...please answer~~~ =D

yay. i'm happy for you =)

ps. did he speak english?

Guest ChouChou

aww your eyelids look cute in the first picture. but you're right they are kind of drooping. =( does this usually happen if you get eyelid surgery? >.<; and did you get incision method or nonincision? but only two years and they're already drooping? =T lol sorry so many questions. x_x

I didnt think they were going to get droopy within the next two years but they did :(

unfortunatelyi got non-incision - it was a needle and thread surgery where they dont cut away any skin =P it was in HK and was quite cheap =P about HK$4000 which is about £250/US$475

usually with eyelid surgery they shuddnt get droopy but i dont know about the needle and thread way, maybe they do? or maybe theyre jus a strted for ur eyes? cos the thread came out so i guess it jus natural...if tht make sense :crazy:

im gonna go to malaysia next year to get them done again hopefully,

or somewhere else?

who knows!

imgonna get my nose done aswell

but thats not to do with this thread so =)

xxxxx

Guest nacj88

deported korean:soo glad u got urs done!!!! please oh please post picsss!!!! in ur PERSONAL opinion, did ur eyes get MUCh bigger and more prominent? and btw did ur doctor speak english?

i mean..these days..don't alotta doctors in korea speak english? ....hm.

OH and i still didn't find what "inicisional" or "Nonincisional" is translated in koreaN? someone helP?

Guest xskies

Hmm another question to all :

how long would you have to stay there?

cuz most people who go there stay there for summer vacation.

i just wanna go there and come right back.

Guest xSOOJI

^ you can, two of my friends did that..

but then again when they came back, ppl were freaked out cuz they looked so messed up after surgery. ofcourse it all healed. but then again why would you pay 1000 to go to korea and then come right back? 0.0?

ps. deported korean. tell us about your consultation~ was the place worth it?

Guest xskies

oh yea. thats true. the plane ticket =.=

how long do you stay there? im thinking like about 1 week because..

first you get it done. wait some days after then get stitching right? then after that i dunno lol

Guest thyun

I know I am starting a war, but I must express my opinion.

This is why women will be subordinated by men. You use your time and resources to better yourself aesthetically, while we, men, take the time to better society. I feel bad for the feminists out there trying to fend for your rights, while you do what you do. Whatever, it's your money, right?

edit:

\/ LOL