Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest candysoup

Hi, i'm looking for a travel buddy to Korea in Oct or Nov. Anyone keen to travel together, please PM me. I'm based in Singapore. :)

Ok girls, so I've been oppose to getting any work done on my face but I've been thinking a lot lately about my eyes. I have fatty eyelids that covers my eyes and even though I have double eyelids, you can see it because it's cover by the fat folds. No, it's not baby fat, lol. Anyway, I don't want to fly out to Korea to do the surgery so am thinking about someplace in the good old USA. Now I'm just starting my research but I'm curious what kind of eye surgery there are? I've read back a few pages and there are terms like non-incision, incision, etc types. Are there different types of eye surgery???? Anyone who has done there's in the LA area with a blog mind PMing me their website or something? I'm bases in the Northwest so I can't just walk into an LA clinic for a consultation. And where I live, I can't even find a decent Korean restaurant let alone eye surgery place. Thanks in advance !

Guest kubbi

Hi everyone! I am planning to get incisional double eyelid surgery in Korea in January 2016. Do you know any good clinics based in Seoul that others have had good results from?

Guest kubbi

Which clinics are known to be the place to do eyelid surgery? I already have eyelids but i wont my lids to be higher. anyone in the same situation? let me know if any of you is heading over to korea in fall/winter. 

I think I have hidden double lids. They aren't monolid nor are they double lids and are kind of a mash between the two haha. So if I raise my eyebrows, it looks like I have a double lid but when I relax my face, it looks like a monolid. I'm planning to get the surgery done in korea in early January so it will be winter there at the time. I'm thinking of going to Grand plastic surgery. 

Ok girls, so I've been oppose to getting any work done on my face but I've been thinking a lot lately about my eyes. I have fatty eyelids that covers my eyes and even though I have double eyelids, you can see it because it's cover by the fat folds. No, it's not baby fat, lol. Anyway, I don't want to fly out to Korea to do the surgery so am thinking about someplace in the good old USA. Now I'm just starting my research but I'm curious what kind of eye surgery there are? I've read back a few pages and there are terms like non-incision, incision, etc types. Are there different types of eye surgery???? Anyone who has done there's in the LA area with a blog mind PMing me their website or something? I'm bases in the Northwest so I can't just walk into an LA clinic for a consultation. And where I live, I can't even find a decent Korean restaurant let alone eye surgery place. Thanks in advance !

I think I might have the same eyes as you! I have fatty eyelids but if I raise my eyebrows, it looks like I have double eyelids but when i relax my face, I look like I have a monolid? I'm not too sure how to explain haha. I saw that video earlier by lazybumtot beauty and she had incisional double eyelid surgery in LA. So maybe you can check out her blog or youtube, she has a lot of good information on it about the procedure. 

With regards to incisional, non-incisional surgery; incisional is the cutting method, so if you have a lot of fat on your eyelid, they will cut the eyelid and take out the fats and sew it back. I;m not too sure about non-incisional because I've mostly done research about incisional because that is the procedure that I have been recommended to get but at the top of my head, non-incisional is where they sew the eyelid to create the line and it works well for people with thin eyelids. I hope that helps! Good luck dear xx

My full incisional + epicantho experience: 

Post Surgery Update: 

Read about my experience here:
http://lazybumtotbeauty.blogspot.com/2015/01/full-incisional-upper-blepharoplasty.html

Aftercare tips: 
http://lazybumtotbeauty.blogspot.com/2015/01/upper-blepharoplasty-epicanthoplasty.html

Wave Surgery Website: 
http://waveplasticsurgery.com/

• Like 1

Guest liloxlove

Hey guys!

I just got my double eyelid surgery about 2 months ago. I feel like I kinda rushed into it because I didn't realize how much can go wrong. My eyes arn't botched or anything but Ive been really stressed out lately because my eyes are taking sooooooooooo long to heal. I've been an emotional wreck. My eyelids are still reddish, still swollen, and scars are very red. I expected to heal or have most of the swelling to go down by 1 month, but my 2 month looks like someones 1 week!! I know it takes time for the swelling to go down- months to a year but I just hate how slow I'm healing. My crease is also still kinda higher than I would like so hopefully that goes down too. I got the full incisional method btw. If I had known it would take this long I don't think I would have gotten it. Other than that the process was pain free literally. Just thought I'd share my experience- If anyone is going through this feel free to message me. Has anyone else been taking this long to heal???

Hello everyone!

After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my first consultation with Dr. Andrew Choi at VIP SURGERY in LA. I have another one set up at WAVE in a couple of days, but here's my first impression of VIP.

There are two VIP locations: one in LA and one is San Gabriel. Even though San Gabriel is closer to where I live, I decided to have the consultation at the LA office because the appointment times were more flexible. The clinic is located in the "scarier" area of Ktown, right near the Korea Town Galleria. Parking was very easy (which is a big deal in Ktown!!) and located right next to the building. Once you're in the building, you go down a long hallway and up an elevator to reach Dr. Choi's office. The office itself is, nice and clean, but also is very homely looking. So don't expect a super high tech, glamorous office. The ladies that checked me in were very nice and welcoming. Once Dr. Choi arrived, we went into his office and the first thing he did was take a picture of my eyes and then uploaded them onto his computer. He gave me a quick analysis of my eyes and right off the bat he said that my right eye is smaller than my left eye and that I had extra skin there. This was a HUGE PLUS in his favor, because it's one of the major issues that I want to correct and wasn't sure if anyone would notice it right away. Then he asked me what I wanted. I said a tapered, medium crease and then he spent a lot of time measuring and examining my eye shape. I have hidden double eyelids, so Dr. Choi concluded that what was the real cause of my monolidded appearance was just the extra skin and once it's gone, my eye would look very open and much more appealing. He suggested that I go for a small (6 mm), tapered  crease. What struck me during our conversation was that Dr. Choi stressed the importance of the individual's eye and not just the size of the crease. He said that the getting a bigger crease doesn't always translate to the better looking eye. It depends on the individual's face and eye balance. If I were to get the small, tapered crease, it would still achieve the medium, tapered result (ala Goo Hara) that I was going for because of my existing crease and eyeshape. He said that if I wanted to go for a medium crease (6.5 mm) that it would not create a very nice tapered curve that I want. The surgery would be done by the incisional method and I would be given an IV (for relaxation and less pain during the shots) and shots. I could wear makeup in 2 weeks and the swelling would be down in 4 months. During the entire conversation, he always stopped and asked if I had questions and reminded me that what he's suggesting is *ONLY* a recommendation. A patient's own aesthetic style could vary from his own and that if I was really insistent on a certain look then he would perform it because it's the patient's choice and wishes that were important. Luckily, during our conversation both Dr. Choi and I seemed to have the same aesthetic style since I was basing my look on Goo Hara (who he said thought was very beautiful~+ she had a hidden crease too before her surgery, so her eyes were similar to mine). I really enjoyed the entire consultation because Dr. Choi really spent the time to explain everything to me and even drew me diagrams!! I felt like I was important and that my opinions mattered. I wanted to book the surgery RIGHT AWAY once it was over because of how kind and caring he was, but I remembered that I had another consultation booked, so I'm going to wait until after that before I set it in stone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here's where my experience soured a little bit. After the consultation, Dr. Choi lead me out of the office, so that I would iron out the nitty gritty details with the front desk. Only one of the ladies from before was there and a new girl I hadn't seen before. She quoted me $2500 for the surgery. I read on Soompi that many clinics will give you a discount if you pay in cash or are a student, so I asked her very politely if they offered any discounts if I paid cash or was a student. She immediately shook her head and went,"NO. NO. NO." So, I said "OKAY", and left it at that. Then I saw the nicer lady who greeted me previously ask what I was asking about and the two ladies started discussing amongst each other. Then an older lady came out and said, "What's going on?" And they told her I was asking about a discount. Then the older woman looked at me, narrowed her eyes and said, "Why SHOULD we give YOU a discount???!!!" I was really taken aback by this, because many clinics do offer promotional specials all the time, and it wasn't like I was demanding it or anything, I was just asking! And it wasn't even to her. I didn't say anything because I was about to burst into tears (and did later on once I got into my car). I have never gotten plastic surgery before and am really new to this, so maybe I'm just really sensitive. But that really bruised my self esteem a bit, because the way she said it made me feel like I was a piece of S**T.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than that bad bit at the end, I feel really confident in Dr. Choi. Right now, he's def. my doctor of choice, unless WAVE blows me out of the water or whatnot.

I hope this account of my experience helps! I know that reading everyone's experience here as helped me tremendously and given me the courage to finally take the plunge.

• Like 2

Hi! I just got back from my consultation at WAVE.

The WAVE clinic is located in a plaza on the 2nd floor. The offices are very upscale and glamorous looking. I was greeted by Michelle who's the consultation lady. We sat down and began discussing the procedure. She asked what kind of lid I wanted and which doctor I wanted to see. I said Goretti Ho and that I wanted a medium tapered crease, like Goo Hara's. She pulled up a picture of a pretty famous Japanese singer/model (who I recognized, but don't know the name of) and said "Oh like her?" (The girl had parallel creases with open inner corners) And I said, "Oh, I don't think that's the same person...." and so she googled Goo Hara and pulled up a picture of her and went, "Yea, that's the same person! Just different makeup!" Internally I wanted to rip my hair out a little bit. She told me that the procedure would be $2200 for incisional and that there would be IV and that in two weeks I could wear makeup. Then Dr. Ho came in and looked at my eyes and poked me with a tool and asked if I was OK with the shape. During the consultation I kept being asked about my inner corners being cut. I said no, unless I needed to. Because I want a tapered crease Dr. Ho said I didn't need to.

And...that's about it! The consultation was actually pretty quick and Dr. Ho didn't measure my eyelid or take pictures of my eyes like Dr. Choi did. Both Michelle and Dr. Ho were VERY nice and they were both very pretty!!! I think at WAVE, they don't actually sort out the nitty gritty details of the size of your crease, etc. until right before the surgery. While I liked WAVE, I felt that because this was a huge change and a major decision in my life that I needed to know *EXACTLY* what was going to done BEFORE I booked the surgery, in terms of shape, size, etc. of my eyelids. So while WAVE is slightly cheaper, I am going to go with VIP because Dr. Choi 1) instantly recognized all the issues with my eyes (like one eye being smaller than the other), 2) took into account my existing crease, 3) gently explained EVERYTHING and drew diagrams, 4) let me know exactly what HE recommends and what is most achievable for my eye shape, size, etc., 5) But ALSO told me that despite his recommendations, it's what *I* want that's ultimately important. I am sure Dr. Ho would have done the same if I had booked the surgery with her, but for my own comfort level, I couldn't book with WAVE unless those details were hammered out FIRST and not the day of. 

JUST FYI!!, If you book with VIP they require you put down 50% of the procedure cost before the surgery. I am not sure if WAVE does the same or not.

• Like 1

Hey guys!

I just got my double eyelid surgery about 2 months ago. I feel like I kinda rushed into it because I didn't realize how much can go wrong. My eyes arn't botched or anything but Ive been really stressed out lately because my eyes are taking sooooooooooo long to heal. I've been an emotional wreck. My eyelids are still reddish, still swollen, and scars are very red. I expected to heal or have most of the swelling to go down by 1 month, but my 2 month looks like someones 1 week!! I know it takes time for the swelling to go down- months to a year but I just hate how slow I'm healing. My crease is also still kinda higher than I would like so hopefully that goes down too. I got the full incisional method btw. If I had known it would take this long I don't think I would have gotten it. Other than that the process was pain free literally. Just thought I'd share my experience- If anyone is going through this feel free to message me. Has anyone else been taking this long to heal???

do you have pictures? I'm scared to do it but I think I will eventually because of my fatty eyelids. I have double eyelids, they are just covered up by my fatty lids :crazy:

Has anyone had serious 'failure' issues with the non-incisional technique?

My doctor said that it only has an 8% fail rate and the incision has a 5%.... 

Guest RedRibbon

안녕~~

Soo I've been wondering but do you guys prefer the open cut (parallel) or closed cut (tapered)?? I'm currently leaning towards a parallel crease, but I don't want it to look as extreme or unnatural as some of the ones I've seen before. Any opinions??

Edited by RedRibbon

Guest jellyfishlady48_stv

Double eyelid surgery is quite worth it to do it :)

Guest jellyfishlady48_stv

The most of Asians doing eyelids surgery and they said all okay with it.

My cousine also did her eyes and she felt all great after surgery.

(She told me that she could heard the voice of nurses even she was in sleep for surgery)

Double eyelid surgery is quite worth it to do it :)

Only when you find the right doctor and have to money to spend on plastic surgery... This thread is really big there are people who had bad results... The reason why I have an account on Soompi was because of this thread (and K-drama), I come and read sometimes. A lot of people come here for advice and information but I've never found which surgeron I would pick if I want to do my eyes. 

Hello, I've been a long time lurker of this thread and after reading through for years, I've come down to these clinics:Banobagi, Sehyun clinic, and JW. I plan on going to Korea in the near future and feel like I am finally sure about double eyelid surgery. I have heard many good things about Banobagi, however, I remember someone posting their pics after getting their eyes done at Sehyun clinic- her eyes looked extremely natural and nice, yet dolly. That was a long time ago and I can't remember the user. Any info would be very much appreciated!!!! Sehyun's site is http://www.sh-clinic.co.kr/aging/1. I'm hoping it's the right site and clinic that the user was referring to. 

The link is not working. Do you know how much the surgery cost at Banobagi?

Anyone getting their nose done along with their eyes? (the rhinoplasty thread is very very dead). Surgical or non surgical (injections)? I've been wanting to get fillers for a more 3D nose for a long time, but every time I see "filler induced necrosis" online I back the fck out. 

You can find more on youtube about rhinoplasty than on soompi. From what I saw on youtube, nose fillers do not give nice results. Even if the person posting the video said she likes the results. Also, some people do 2 rhinoplasty before getting the result they want. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1JVynEa95c

https://youtu.be/mqpb4RctLUY

Guest kubbi

Hi ! I was wondering if any of you guys are going to Seoul to get double eyelid surgery around January? It would be great to have some support as I am planning to get mine there >.<