Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

I have a few more years to think about this, but i need to know which direction to continue in/

thank you guys so muchhhh ♥

Since you have a few more years to 'think' about it, you still have some time for action steps in respect to your double eyelid goal.

If you only had a few months to wait through -- after you had your two year tape-using experience that uncovered you had potential to make permanant double-lids -- then it would be slightly more appropriate to choose to favor the emotions which would inevitably lead to surgery.

But since you naturally had some kind of intuition to make your own double eyelids -- rather than letting the surgeon make it for you -- if you follow that youthful unbounded thinking pattern and successfully create your own upper eyelid creases, then you will also gain a  priceless knowing of self-reliance, which in the aggregate, will benefit you in so many residual ways for goal achievement later in life, that surgery can't do for a person who has eyelids susceptible for making one's own creases.

The challenge you are facing now is not a lack of will to make your own double-lids -- as you probably already intuitively know that considering surgery right now is such a disproportionate solution for eyelids susceptible to creasing -- but the challenge is that you need to try a new method since you had already uncovered the old way's limitations; that is, the old way didn't lead to progressive permanant results.

The antiquated way of making upper eyelid creases is not effective, because using basic tape or glue doesn't reposition creases in the skin.  It doesn't provide scaffolding support on the platform of upper eyelid skin where eyeshadow is generally applied.  This mentioned platform of skin must be kept extended and flat, in order to concentrate tensional force onto the intended crease to be made.  Also, limitations of glue and basic tape include the amount of crease-folding-time you have access to.  What this means is that 7~8 hours of each day, your to-be-made crease has been inadvertently spent recovering from wrinkling in the form of long periods of closed eye activity commonly known as sleep.

When you are trying to make a permanent wrinkle on your upper eyelid, but you allow the wrinkle to be 'unwound' for significant amounts of time each night, it's no wonder that the crease will take years to make.  Think of your forehead lines.  Since a person does not utilize those muscles as frequently, that is among the reasons why it takes decades for permanant forehead wrinkles to form.

So now when while you sleep, if you could have your double eyelid crease kept folded, at the same time having the 'eye shadow' platform of skin kept flat, then you will realize a way get progressively more stable creases within weeks at a time.

You need to research a bit more on other proven methods of making upper eyelid creases.

To help you a little bit on your research, google Opti-fold, or check out these links:

Edited by kimchicecream

Guest podossi

I have a few more years to think about this, but i need to know which direction to continue in/

Since you have a few more years to 'think' about it, you still have some time for action steps in respect to your double eyelid goal.

If you only had a few months to wait through -- after you had your two year tape-using experience that uncovered you had potential to make permanant double-lids -- then it would be slightly more appropriate to choose to favor the emotions which would inevitably lead to surgery.

But since you naturally had some kind of intuition to make your own double eyelids -- rather than letting the surgeon make it for you -- if you follow that youthful unbounded thinking pattern and successfully create your own upper eyelid creases, then you will also gain a  priceless knowing of self-reliance, which in the aggregate, will benefit you in so many residual ways for goal achievement later in life, that surgery can't do for a person who has eyelids susceptible for making one's own creases.

The challenge you are facing now is not a lack of will to make your own double-lids -- as you probably already intuitively know that considering surgery right now is such a disproportionate solution for eyelids susceptible to creasing -- but the challenge is that you need to try a new method since you had already uncovered the old way's limitations; that is, the old way didn't lead to progressive permanant results.

The antiquated way of making upper eyelid creases is not effective, because using basic tape or glue doesn't reposition creases in the skin.  It doesn't provide scaffolding support on the platform of upper eyelid skin where eyeshadow is generally applied.  This mentioned platform of skin must be kept extended and flat, in order to concentrate tensional force onto the intended crease to be made.  Also, limitations of glue and basic tape include the amount of crease-folding-time you have access to.  What this means is that 7~8 hours of each day, your to-be-made crease has been inadvertently spent recovering from wrinkling in the form of long periods of closed eye activity commonly known as sleep.

When you are trying to make a permanent wrinkle on your upper eyelid, but you allow the wrinkle to be 'unwound' for significant amounts of time each night, it's no wonder that the crease will take years to make.  Think of your forehead lines.  Since a person does not utilize those muscles as frequently, that is among the reasons why it takes decades for permanant forehead wrinkles to form.

So now when while you sleep, if you could have your double eyelid crease kept folded, at the same time having the 'eye shadow' platform of skin kept flat, then you will realize a way get progressively more stable creases within weeks at a time.

You need to research a bit more on other proven methods of making upper eyelid creases.

To help you a little bit on your research, google Opti-fold, or check out these links:

Thank you so much! Your words of wisdom and advice helped me immensely (:

Do you know where I can purchase the Opti-Fold?

Guest happytogetehr

paperbunny said:
progress2.jpg

i don't want to leave these pictures on for long so if anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me! id be happy to help :) soompi has definitely helped me so much with this journey!

So, it takes 14 days for the eyes to become normal? Your eyes are beautiful, but, do you feel hurt for the surgery?

paperbunny said:

i don't want to leave these pictures on for long so if anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me! id be happy to help :) soompi has definitely helped me so much with this journey!

So, it takes 14 days for the eyes to become normal? Your eyes are beautiful, but, do you feel hurt for the surgery?

no, there was no pain after the surgery. there was hardly any pain even right after surgery. the healing was just annoying because i had a lot of eye boogers and my eyes were itchy. more discomfort and annoyance than pain. i did not even take any painkillers, except right after the surgery.

Guest Drew1331

Hey guys I'm getting surgery due to my eyelashes poking my cornea around late August. I would travel to Korea but it's quite pricey on top of surgery, I live in New York and I was wondering if anyone here has got the surgery done in NY if so recommendations on the surgeons.

Edited by Drew1331

Guest happytogetehr
no, there was no pain after the surgery. there was hardly any pain even right after surgery. the healing was just annoying because i had a lot of eye boogers and my eyes were itchy. more discomfort and annoyance than pain. i did not even take any painkillers, except right after the surgery.

So do eye boogers caused by the surgery? I know how itchy you felt at that time because sometimes small things came into my eyes and I felt very uncomfortable!

Guest eyefancy

Hi, everyone!

I'm almost at my 3-year double eyelid surgery anniversary. My eyes came out uneven, and I've been contemplating a revision for the past two years. But now I think I will hold off until the asymmetry *really* starts to bug me.

I wanted to let you know that I created a new blog about my experience here...with tons of healing progression photos. I hope some of you will find it helpful!

Thanks!

www.eyefancythis.com

Guest alexmeek

wow, the after pics of people are amazing. I was planning on getting it done this summer, but things didn't work out..but I think I am going for sure after high school (right before college)..even though i wanted sangapul when i take my senior pics and go to prom and stuff.

I am just really scared of those shots and the paining & suffering. but i guess its worth the eyelids. I should consult Vision Care Austin now!

Guest xiupanda

Hello, I've been a long time lurker of this thread and after reading through for years, I've come down to these clinics:Banobagi, Sehyun clinic, and JW. I plan on going to Korea in the near future and feel like I am finally sure about double eyelid surgery. I have heard many good things about Banobagi, however, I remember someone posting their pics after getting their eyes done at Sehyun clinic- her eyes looked extremely natural and nice, yet dolly. That was a long time ago and I can't remember the user. Any info would be very much appreciated!!!! Sehyun's site is http://www.sh-clinic.co.kr/aging/1. I'm hoping it's the right site and clinic that the user was referring to. 

Guest wavechaser

Which clinics are known to be the place to do eyelid surgery? I already have eyelids but i wont my lids to be higher. anyone in the same situation? let me know if any of you is heading over to korea in fall/winter. 

Guest ttbread_stv

I will be getting my eyes done by Dr. Edward Kwak in Manhattan in 1 month. I like the type of double eyelid shapes he makes and I don't think I have ever read a bad review on him.

Guest severus

Anyone getting their nose done along with their eyes? (the rhinoplasty thread is very very dead). Surgical or non surgical (injections)? I've been wanting to get fillers for a more 3D nose for a long time, but every time I see "filler induced necrosis" online I back the fck out. 

Guest glossybalm

hi everyone~ 

i just got my surgery done in LA at Dr. Choi's office (not the fancy VIP one, but the one in San Gabriel) and tbh his bedside manner was pretty lacking.

I got the DTS done and today is my 5th day postop. So my right eye has more "holes" and stitches that are visible on the skin than my left eye. And on my left eye, whenever i squint, I can feel the nylon suture. Does this mean that it's coming loose? I can't feel any of the stitches moving around on my right eye, but whenever I laugh and squint my left eye, i can feel something tugging and moving around.

pls help aah >.<

Guest cheeezcake

Hey everyone,

I had incisional eyelid surgery, epicanthoplasty, and ptosis correction done last summer with Dr Kenneth Kim in LA. I'm considering a revisional surgery in Korea, not because my eyes turned out poorly, but they're just not what I wanted. I've been looking at Teuim, Regen, and ITEM Clinic for my revision, and still waiting on responses, but I'm really hoping Teuim will work out for me, price-wise. My primary question is, what clinic do you guys think would be a value pick? I'm willing to spend about $3000 USD TOPS on this --I'm a student and this is already a huge fold -- does that sound about reasonable? What are some cheaper, quality options in terms of clinics and/or procedures? Also, not sure if it matters, but in case it does make things easier for the doctor (and thus my chance at finding a good value,) I do have a very clear idea of what I want, in measurements. 

If anyone can share their experiences with revisional eyelid surgery in Korea, especially price points, that would be fantastic. Thanks y'all for reading  :)

@cheeezcake

I want to share a video and a website of Sunnydahye. I watched her makeup tutorials and she recently had plastic surgery done in Korea and shared her experience online... I find Sunny already pretty before, so I was surprised she got surgery. Anyways, I thought it would be interesting video to watch for people who are interested going to South Korea for plastic surgery. I've never done plastic surgery, but I've always been curious about it, and wanting to look prettier... 

Hi! I just went to see Dr. Andrew Choi in Los Angeles for a consultation and have booked an appointment in November! I figure doing it during the holidays will allow time to heal without people wondering where I am. I'm going with the incision method and keeping a tapered crease. My eyes are very temperamental; one day they'll have a beautiful crease, and then other days it'll be nothing. I can rub my eyes and set a crease in, but it'll eventually fall out in a few hours. I think that since people have seen me with the crease, it won't be too crazy of a transformation. I never thought about doing this until last year, and after doing a lot of research I figure it'll be worth it.. I wonder if it's the LA effect of need to change something, but whatever it is I'm excited and embracing it!