Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest candydoge

paperbunny said:
progress2.jpg

i don't want to leave these pictures on for long so if anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me! id be happy to help :) soompi has definitely helped me so much with this journey!

​Your eyes look so pretty!! :)

Edited by candydoge

Guest AnnEBananE

I'm actually able to go to Korea over the summer and get DES. :) Do you guys have any surgeon recommendations? I'm rlly considering Dr. Kwon from Teuim. Is he really as good as what I've been hearing? Any other good places to get DES?

Guest xoxojoy

Had double eyelid surgery last Saturday (it's been 8 days since then). Stitches has been removed since Day 5.

Quick question: can I get facial treatment in 1 week (or about Day 15-ish?)

Have a really important party to go to and I want my skin to glow.....

Thanks gals!!<3

Had double eyelid surgery last Saturday (it's been 8 days since then). Stitches has been removed since Day 5.

Quick question: can I get facial treatment in 1 week (or about Day 15-ish?)

Have a really important party to go to and I want my skin to glow.....

Thanks gals!!<3

​I believe so. Just make sure that they aren't putting anything on your eyes, getting near them, or touching them.

I'm actually able to go to Korea over the summer and get DES. :) Do you guys have any surgeon recommendations? I'm rlly considering Dr. Kwon from Teuim. Is he really as good as what I've been hearing? Any other good places to get DES?

​I personally had Dr. Kwon from Teuim (you can read my experience a page back). From what I heard, he is good so that's why I chose him. I think he is good too at what he does, as my eyes have turned out really nicely. There is no scarring of epi at all, and when I close my eyes there is a really faint line. Hardly anybody knows that I got it done because the results are so natural.

Edited by paperbunny
Adding another comment

Guest tofupanda

Hey guys and gals, so I just went to get one of my eyes done (since the other is already a double lid) yesterday and it was with the suture method (non invasive)

i just want to make sure they're healing properly. we went back to the doctor and he said its fine but i'm really worried about the suture in the inner corner- it's a lot bigger than the rest (and redder too)

Edited by tofupanda

Hey guys and gals, so I just went to get one of my eyes done (since the other is already a double lid) yesterday and it was with the suture method (non invasive)

i just want to make sure they're healing properly. we went back to the doctor and he said its fine but i'm really worried about the suture in the inner corner- it's a lot bigger than the rest (and redder too)

(sorry for the giant pics!)

I don't know if anyone else has this problem - but it also hurts when i look up. like a dull ache

​Hi!

How long ago was this? I had a bunch of things that I was worried about during my first week of surgery, but I am now a little over 2 months healing and everything was fine-- just as my surgeon had said.

They are all going to dissolve later, so I doubt that it will lead to anything else. It's also hard to tell by the pictures but it looks like there's a piece of scab on it? If there is, then I promise it will go away! I had some randomly scattered scabs my first week.

Also, what crease did you get? Is it parallel?

Guest tofupanda

@paperbunny

Hi! Thanks for replying! Those pics were taken a day after surgery. Yeah, the inner corner is a scab and it's going away but i still have a huge indention in the middle of my eye...I worry if my surgeon didn't fully close the suture? 

I got the tapered crease to match my other eye but I don't think it's matching a whole lot. I think the swelling has gone down pretty much all but it doesn't seem to match my other eye...I think its cause my operated lid was originally thicker than my non operated lid, and also he may have cut it too high..I"m not sure

Edited by tofupanda

Guest xoxojoy

I've got request for sharing my experience. I had my upper eyelid surgery done on May 23 in Toronto, Canada.
Was severely swollen and bruised for the first couple of days - stayed home for 9 days before returning to work.

Now everything looks pretty good. So I'd like to share some pictures of comparison - but it's not possible to upload here.

Let me know if you guys want to see them or have any questions about it.

@paperbunny

Hi! Thanks for replying! Those pics were taken a day after surgery. Yeah, the inner corner is a scab and it's going away but i still have a huge indention in the middle of my eye...I worry if my surgeon didn't fully close the suture? 

​hi! i think it is way too soon to tell whether or not they are even. i am a little over 2 months in (turning 3 months on the 22nd of june) and my eyes are still asymmetrical, swollen, and a lot smaller than what i expected. the swelling of my crease was at its peak at 1 week, then slowly started to go down at the second week. after a month, i think my crease was half the size lol. the size of the crease goes down exponentially. from what i can see, i can imagine it to be similar to your other eyelid. as for the indentation, i do see it, and i didnt have it but hopefully it will go away.. i am not an expert on this stuff so i can't say much. but, it is really too soon to tell the results of it but from what i can see i think your eyes look so natural! if i were to see you at first glance i really wouldn't have noticed. i would be happy with the results you have now :)

Guest _YooMi

hi guys! I'm deciding on getting my surgery done in taiwan in December. Was wondering if theres anyone thats also doing it then and there? Or if you've done it in Taiwan, i would love to hear about your experiences!

Guest tofupanda

@paperbunny

​hi! i think it is way too soon to tell whether or not they are even. i am a little over 2 months in (turning 3 months on the 22nd of june) and my eyes are still asymmetrical, swollen, and a lot smaller than what i expected. the swelling of my crease was at its peak at 1 week, then slowly started to go down at the second week. after a month, i think my crease was half the size lol. the size of the crease goes down exponentially. from what i can see, i can imagine it to be similar to your other eyelid. as for the indentation, i do see it, and i didnt have it but hopefully it will go away.. i am not an expert on this stuff so i can't say much. but, it is really too soon to tell the results of it but from what i can see i think your eyes look so natural! if i were to see you at first glance i really wouldn't have noticed. i would be happy with the results you have now :)

​Thanks for your reply! It has already gone down a lot since my last updated, and I am really happy with the results. there's still bruising but it looks really natural now...I hope yours turns out well too! 

I really want to do it, but right now im trying to do it naturally with double eyelid stickers. but the bad thing about these is that once one of your inner lines get erased you have NO lines at all so you look UGLYY. so i take my time in doing that.

What inner lines are you referring to?

I have quite a bit of experience with making upper eyelid creases with tape; however the tape I use is not regular eyelid tape, but they are Opti-fold tape.

I have a quick question. Is there an eye surgery where the eye only becomes bigger when you open your eyes wide?

When I look at some girls, I notice that their eyes don't look big. Then they open their eyes and the eyes become a lot bigger. It's like they look shocked or something.

Or is this because of those circle contact lenses?

Guest dream17

I've got request for sharing my experience. I had my upper eyelid surgery done on May 23 in Toronto, Canada.
Was severely swollen and bruised for the first couple of days - stayed home for 9 days before returning to work.

Now everything looks pretty good. So I'd like to share some pictures of comparison - but it's not possible to upload here.

Yes please share with us pictures of your eyes! I also did surgery on May 26, but its still swelling now, so I don't really know how it will look like when its all healed. Would love to see some comparisons.

Guest dream17

@paperbunny

hi! i think it is way too soon to tell whether or not they are even. i am a little over 2 months in (turning 3 months on the 22nd of june) and my eyes are still asymmetrical, swollen, and a lot smaller than what i expected. the swelling of my crease was at its peak at 1 week, then slowly started to go down at the second week. after a month, i think my crease was half the size lol. the size of the crease goes down exponentially. from what i can see, i can imagine it to be similar to your other eyelid. as for the indentation, i do see it, and i didnt have it but hopefully it will go away.. i am not an expert on this stuff so i can't say much. but, it is really too soon to tell the results of it but from what i can see i think your eyes look so natural! if i were to see you at first glance i really wouldn't have noticed. i would be happy with the results you have now :)

Hi Paperbunny your eyes look so good at just 2 weeks post op! Could you share pictures of your current 3 months eyes? I am kinda worried my crease height will keep dropping, I am only 3 weeks post op but the height is pretty low already. May I know around how long did it take for your crease height to 'stabilize'?? Thank you! :D

Guest xoxojoy

Yes please share with us pictures of your eyes! I also did surgery on May 26, but its still swelling now, so I don't really know how it will look like when its all healed. Would love to see some comparisons.

There's no uploading function for this forum - maybe PM me your Email address?

Hi Paperbunny your eyes look so good at just 2 weeks post op! Could you share pictures of your current 3 months eyes? I am kinda worried my crease height will keep dropping, I am only 3 weeks post op but the height is pretty low already. May I know around how long did it take for your crease height to 'stabilize'?? Thank you! :D

thanks! honestly, you really can't tell in the picture but my eyes look really swollen 2 weeks post op. as i said earlier, my eyes have dramatically changed in crease size over these past 3 months. my favorite was definitely at 4 weeks post op (1 month)

this is today. which is about 3 weeks post op in a couple of days. 

june.jpg

the left hand side are my eyes. you can see that my left crease is significantly smaller than the right! which is sad, because i love my eye on the right! haha. but actually, in real life the right eye looks swollen still. i popped in the picture on thebottom of this collage to show how the swelling of my eyes have predicted my current healing situation. my left eye is swollen at the ptosis, which also shows how my left eye is still catching up to the right eye on the ptosis. the right eye also has a significantly more swollen crease, while the left eye is not as swollen.

honestly, ive emailed dr. kwon and he says that my swelling is normal and it will even out soon. it honestly doesnt bug me because i know that it will change, after seeing how it has transformed over the past couple of months shows to me how much less swollen it could be.

i also imagine my right eye to be my left eye, and my left eye to widen a bit more vertically. my left eye has been fairly stable, and i really hope that it does not get any smaller! but literally, my eyes are like O_o haha.

on the right is a comparison on how i used to do my makeup when i had monolids, and how my eyes looked relaxed and when i smile. the bottom is a recent picture of my eyes, with makeup, and how they look like relaxed and when i smile. as you as you can see, when i wear makeup the asymmetry is really not obvious at all. 

also a picture of my eyes closed really show how little of the line you see! it looks relatively normal and natural.

Edited by paperbunny

Guest Vvvvvvvvvi

11421639_853723381342761_1023377101_n.jp

hey advice needed! I've always had double eyelids but they r not big or deepest so i have been using tape 2 make them more prominent, what style and height should i get them done if i were 2 get surgery? sorry for big picture  1st time on site

hey advice needed! I've always had double eyelids but they r not big or deepest so i have been using tape 2 make them more prominent, what style and height should i get them done if i were 2 get surgery? sorry for big picture  1st time on site

hi! honestly, your eyes are beautiful and i think your crease height is good where it's at!

Guest podossi

hi, im a 15 year old korean girl. i've been using tape and glue since i was about 13 years old in an attempt to create a permanent and prominent crease. thanks to the glue/tape method, i currently have a crease that measures to be about 6 mm when my eyes are closed. but when i open my eyes, the crease seems to get "swallowed up" and is barely visible. my creases will appear on their own if i've been using tape or glue for a few days consecutively. but if not, they kinda just disappear or don't look as deep? idk. they're there, but they aren't as prominent as i'd want them to be.

my mom actually mentioned that she might allow me to get double eyelid surgery in a few years (junior year at the earliest, most likely after graduating high school) if i really want it. initially, i was opposed to getting any kind of plastic surgery done because there's a high chance that the procedure could go wrong and i'd end up looking fake or unnatural. but i've been doing a little research these days, and im starting to want the surgery more and more. im just tired of the tape/glue--temporary happiness--disappearing crease cycle. should i just get the procedure and risk the possible side effects? or should i play it safe and just continue with the tape and glue? also, if i do get the procedure, should i go full incisional or suture method? anybody have experience or can relate to my strugges?

lmao i have a few more years to think about this, but i need to know which direction to continue in/

thank you guys so muchhhh ♥