Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

sheep7 said: I naturally have double eyelids, but they are always covered with skin underneath my eyebrows so they appear very, very minuscule. It makes it hard to apply eyeliner/makeup in general and when I do... it looks very messy and cakey. Do you think surgery can make my double eyelids more pronounced? I don't know much about surgery. Thanks!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest tangorined_stv

hello! i decided i am going to get double eyelid surgery in the next two or three months. I came across this thread while researching and thought I'd ask everyone's expert opinions ;)
I live in the Seattle area and was wondering if anybody has been to Philip Young's clinic in Bellevue, WA? Or does anyone know of any surgeons in the Seattle area? 
I'd rather not have to fly to LA or Korea (fear of flying) but may have to if it comes to it...
Thanks!

Guest WillardRamirez

As Dr. Laura Phan who successfully treated for Korean actress Jang Yoon-Joo said "Cosmetic surgery always involves a personal aesthetic ideal. "It's true for Asian patients and non-Asian patients, where a patient gets fixated on what they perceive as a problem, and I'm sitting there trying very hard to see what the patient sees, and I don't see it,"

Guest beefnoodo

I've been contemplating on getting DES and I think I've decided that I would like to get them done in Korea..
This will be my FIRST cosmetic procedure ever performed, I'm super nervous and just trying to do all my research so I can feel a little more ease when I do decide to go.
I've submitted several online consultations with various clinics in Korea but I think I'm really leaning towards Dr Kwon from Teuim. Has anyone else had their DES performed my Dr Kwon? He has recommended I under go non-incision DES (including ptosis) + epi, but I'm a little bit skeptical about "non-incisional" as I've read about it coming undone in the future... Has anyone else had non-incision? I would love to hear about your experience!

**** DELETED PICTURES. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFO :) *****

i don't want to leave these pictures on for long so if anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me! id be happy to help :) soompi has definitely helped me so much with this journey!

Edited by paperbunny
Guest Kate2015

paperbunny said:
progress2.jpg

i don't want to leave these pictures on for long so if anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me! id be happy to help :) soompi has definitely helped me so much with this journey!

Guest beefnoodo

Your results look REALLY natural! It healed really well! Yeah, from what I've read epi takes a while to fully heal but do you think it makes a big difference?I'm impressed with Dr Kwon's work.. the only thing I'm a bit skeptical is that I already have existing lids but they're not very prominent.. and I've heard that Dr Kwon tends to steer towards the more "natural looking" crease.
He initially quoted me to have non-incisional but then I asked him if I would be considered for incisional (just want it to be most permanent) :P

Guest Kate2015

Kate2015 said:Hi paperbunny,

I want to get my double eyelid surgery done at Teuim as well. I really like your result! Can you please tell me how much the surgery was? Because I think I would need the same procedures as you.

Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mostlycloudy_stv

Does anyone have experience with Charles Kim from CK Surgery? I'm trying to decide between him and Andrew Choi. I'm still doing searches but Charles Kim looks like he might be expensive... does anyone know his prices as well? I think Dr. Choi is $2500 incisional.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

after much deliberation, I've booked a surgery date for mid June (right after my exams) for double eyelid surgery, opted for the laser/incisional with local anaesthetic, about ~4.5mm tapered according to my doctor.

its about $2300 all together.. which isn't too bad imho. Thought I should include this info as I don't see a lot of aussie girls on this thread getting it done hehe will post pics soon

Guest AnnEBananE

Hey! I'm interested in getting DES this summer and was wondering if any of you guys can recommend me some good surgeons in NY. 

Guest candydoge

Hey! I'm interested in getting DES this summer and was wondering if any of you guys can recommend me some good surgeons in NY. 

​I think the most popular NY surgeon is Eric Choe but honestly, I have heard mostly negative/mixed reviews about his work. I live closer to NY than LA but I would rather go to LA than take my chances with him.. just me though. I've seen him mentioned here too so make sure to look through older posts!

Guest candydoge

paperbunny said:
progress2.jpg

​Your eyes look so pretty!! :)

Edited by candydoge
Guest AnnEBananE

I'm actually able to go to Korea over the summer and get DES. :) Do you guys have any surgeon recommendations? I'm rlly considering Dr. Kwon from Teuim. Is he really as good as what I've been hearing? Any other good places to get DES?

Guest xoxojoy

Had double eyelid surgery last Saturday (it's been 8 days since then). Stitches has been removed since Day 5.

Quick question: can I get facial treatment in 1 week (or about Day 15-ish?)

Have a really important party to go to and I want my skin to glow.....

Thanks gals!!<3

Had double eyelid surgery last Saturday (it's been 8 days since then). Stitches has been removed since Day 5.

Quick question: can I get facial treatment in 1 week (or about Day 15-ish?)

Have a really important party to go to and I want my skin to glow.....

Thanks gals!!<3

​I believe so. Just make sure that they aren't putting anything on your eyes, getting near them, or touching them.

I'm actually able to go to Korea over the summer and get DES. :) Do you guys have any surgeon recommendations? I'm rlly considering Dr. Kwon from Teuim. Is he really as good as what I've been hearing? Any other good places to get DES?

​I personally had Dr. Kwon from Teuim (you can read my experience a page back). From what I heard, he is good so that's why I chose him. I think he is good too at what he does, as my eyes have turned out really nicely. There is no scarring of epi at all, and when I close my eyes there is a really faint line. Hardly anybody knows that I got it done because the results are so natural.

Edited by paperbunny
Adding another comment
Guest tofupanda

Hey guys and gals, so I just went to get one of my eyes done (since the other is already a double lid) yesterday and it was with the suture method (non invasive)

i just want to make sure they're healing properly. we went back to the doctor and he said its fine but i'm really worried about the suture in the inner corner- it's a lot bigger than the rest (and redder too)

Edited by tofupanda

Hey guys and gals, so I just went to get one of my eyes done (since the other is already a double lid) yesterday and it was with the suture method (non invasive)

i just want to make sure they're healing properly. we went back to the doctor and he said its fine but i'm really worried about the suture in the inner corner- it's a lot bigger than the rest (and redder too)

(sorry for the giant pics!)

I don't know if anyone else has this problem - but it also hurts when i look up. like a dull ache

​Hi!

How long ago was this? I had a bunch of things that I was worried about during my first week of surgery, but I am now a little over 2 months healing and everything was fine-- just as my surgeon had said.

They are all going to dissolve later, so I doubt that it will lead to anything else. It's also hard to tell by the pictures but it looks like there's a piece of scab on it? If there is, then I promise it will go away! I had some randomly scattered scabs my first week.

Also, what crease did you get? Is it parallel?