Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest earthhan86

kristenwonggg said: just wondering... I'm going to be getting the surgery within the month! Do you think its best to get it done here (canada, toronto) or in korea? thanks!! <3

Guest earthhan86

eyelidgirl said: People have been asking me to upload my current eyes.. so here it is

122.jpg

222.jpg

As you can see, its still very swollen but when I put eyeliner on, it looks okay :)
btw its been 1 month now, so i guess my healing is pretty slow -__-

feel free to inbox me if you have any questions!

I put together a blog post on some tips that I have accumulated during my time of recovery. I hope it can help some of you. In the post I talk about how to decrease swelling, bruising and scarring. Hope it helps some of you! 
http://lazybumtotbeauty.blogspot.com/2015/01/upper-blepharoplasty-epicanthoplasty.html

Guest HDonovan95

Hi, I am considering getting double eyelid surgery. I am in the UK and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good surgeon based in the UK and share their experience with me?  thank you!

I have a question, how do you get parallel double eyelids?

Do you need to do epicanthoplasty to actually achieve parallel eyelids?

I only did suture and I'm hoping it will be parallel rather than tapered.

eyelidgirl said: People have been asking me to upload my current eyes.. so here it is

122.jpg

222.jpg

As you can see, its still very swollen but when I put eyeliner on, it looks okay :)
btw its been 1 month now, so i guess my healing is pretty slow -__-

feel free to inbox me if you have any questions!

Thanks for the compliment!

And I hope your eye gets better soon!

I started putting makeup after 2.5 weeks, I just put eyeliner.. No eye shadow lol :)

You look great!

I just got my double eyelid surgery.. it's about 12 days now.
I'm pretty pissed off because I got hordeolum at my left eye right after I got my surgery.
I see you already put makeup on your eye.. How long it take? (sorry for my broken english :()

Guest aroundtheworld

I had my surgery with Dr. Andrew Choi in LA and love my eyes. It will be 2 years in April. I highly recommend him. I found the doctors in Korea to be highly unethical by asking for exorbitant prices and unnecessary procedures. I'm glad I stuck with an American doc because I did have a post-op complication (I sneezed and had a hematoma to my right eye that required a second surgery) and it would have been a nightmare if I had it done in Korea. He does prefer parallel crease, which I also got from his recommendation and would not change it for anything. You can go back to page 522 for my experience. I'm actually taking one of my friends to get surgery with him this summer. If you have questions, email me at prncsslanni@gmail.com. I don't go to this website that often anymore.

Guest earthhan86

kristenwonggg said: hey guys, would you recommend getting the surgery done in canada (where I live) or in korea?

Guest btsjoyce

I am going to Korea this summer for my double eyelid surgery. I am thinking between Teuim and Oz since I have heard good reviews for both. I am leaning towards Teuim since all of the results seem great and I like the style of eyelid Dr. Kwon does. Does anyone have some prices for double eyelid surgery at Teuim?

hi everyone,
after not being satisfied by the korean doctors in los angeles, (although dr. andrew choi was the closest candidate) i realized that i should just go to korea to get it done. so i made the decision to go to korea for my double eyelid surgery on the week of march 23rd. im looking to get double eyelid surgery (non-incisional or partial) + epi, and maybe lateral canthoplasty.
clinics i am considering are teium, oz, and maybe item.
let me know if any of you guys will be going to korea so we could possibly meet up!

Guest Lovelysu01

Does anyone know anyone who has gotten the surgery at a young age. Like 16??

Guest luvableXshortie

Hi Everyone! 

I posted this on purseforum, but haven't received any responses so I hope I can get some answers from soompi! I will be traveling to Korea Sept 8-12 and I am interested in the non-incisional double eyelid surgery, but I don't know if it is possible because of my tight schedule. I am planning to do both consultation and surgery on the 9th and hope for stitches removal by the 12th. I've contacted these clinics and some of them recommended to stay in Korea for at least 7 days. Couple of my friends had the non-incisional method done in Taiwan and they didn't require post-ops or stitches removal, but of course Korea is more advanced in the field.

1. Can people share their experiences on the post-ops and if you think the surgery will be possible for me? 

2. Are there any clinics that DO NOT require stitch removal? 

3. I would also like to get your feedbacks on the clinics/surgeons I've contacted. Wannabeps appeals to me the most right now, not because of the cost, but they're really responsive and detailed. 

4. I am planning to negotiate when I see them in person as I am aware clinics quote higher prices online. Since I don't speak or understand Korean, what is the best way to negotiate with these clinics?

Thanks!

Bm1nBan.png

Guest btsjoyce

Lovelysu01 said: Does anyone know anyone who has gotten the surgery at a young age. Like 16??

Guest btsjoyce

luvableXshortie said: Hi Everyone! 

I posted this on purseforum, but haven't received any responses so I hope I can get some answers from soompi! I will be traveling to Korea Sept 8-12 and I am interested in the non-incisional double eyelid surgery, but I don't know if it is possible because of my tight schedule. I am planning to do both consultation and surgery on the 9th and hope for stitches removal by the 12th. I've contacted these clinics and some of them recommended to stay in Korea for at least 7 days. Couple of my friends had the non-incisional method done in Taiwan and they didn't require post-ops or stitches removal, but of course Korea is more advanced in the field.

1. Can people share their experiences on the post-ops and if you think the surgery will be possible for me? 

2. Are there any clinics that DO NOT require stitch removal? 

3. I would also like to get your feedbacks on the clinics/surgeons I've contacted. Wannabeps appeals to me the most right now, not because of the cost, but they're really responsive and detailed. 

4. I am planning to negotiate when I see them in person as I am aware clinics quote higher prices online. Since I don't speak or understand Korean, what is the best way to negotiate with these clinics?

Thanks!

Bm1nBan.png

Guest vaterver_stv

does somebody know a good clinic in Japan?

Guest shinesong0501

can anyone who got their double eyelid surgery in the LA area send me pictures of before and after? thanks so much^^ im planning on getting mine this summer~~~ also who would you recommend out of Dr. Andrew Choi (VIP) Dr. Charles Lee and any other doctors?? thanks keke

Guest eEqualsmcSquared

I've always wanted to do it.
But the thought of getting ur eyelid sliced is richard simmons scary

Guest shariko_stv

I live in California and had my eye lids done in Los Angeles by Dr. Kenneth Kim. I thought about going to Korea to have this procedure done, but my girlfriend did not have such great results in Korea. She thought they would be more advanced in this procedure and also more affordable. Although they were affordable, it was a waste of time and money for her. Her eyes turned out unnatural and uneven. I decided to take my chances in LA. I did my rounds of interviews with about 5 different surgeons in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills and found this doctor to be the most experienced. He has like 10 years of experience and is specialized in double eye lid as well as face lift surgery. 
In my consult, I was able to see many of his patients before/after photos. All of them looked like they had great results and I really liked that they looks very natural. I wanted to have larger eyes, but did not want to them to look like to big and doll like. I found him to also to be very easy to talk to. He did not rush me and his office did not pressure me at all like some other doctors I went to see. 
My surgery was pretty quick and I didn't feel a lot of pain. He first injected my eyes with some numbing shots and began operating. Note that you are fully awake and aware of what is happening. Dr. Kim walks you through everything he is doing though. My surgery lasted for about any hour. Towards the end he sits you up (The chair is mechanical and lifts you up), to check on the evenness. I liked that he was very thorough in this part of the surgery. He walks around assessing you at all angles. 
Recover was not bad at all. Had one week with stitches and about a week after that, my swelling went down tremendously. My eye lids looked amazing for only two weeks. I started wearing my usual make at about 3 weeks. I liked that I was able to contact this doctor or his staff with ease during my post op. they also got back to me in reasonable amount of time. Highly recommend this doctor. He has an amazing eye for this procedure and his staff was truly on top of it from start to finish whether it was answering my hundreds of questions, comforting me during surgery, and being available to me during post op. Sweetest staff ever!!