Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest aznn133

@eyelidgirl I just hit my 6th week mark and I think that putting on fake eyelashes will be fine as long as nothing touches the incision line. I'm still going to wait at least another month to put on eye shadow just so it gives my incision line extra time to heal.

Btw!! I've looked at alot of pictures of their eyelid surgery healing process and they look no where near as bad/terrible as mine!!!! Mine literally looks like i got bashed -____-

Now I'm just scared to post them up to let people see.... :neutral_face:

Yikes...

And if anyone wants to share their story or their healing process.. Please add me on wechat/line/WhatsApp!!

Just PM me to get my ID.

Really hope to speak you all :D

So this is my eyelid surgery healing process.. I've just past the 3 weeks point. The pictures are self explanatory ^^
My eyes looked like they got bashed for the first 4 days, I had bruising under my eyes on the 4th day. There was alot more terrible terrible photos of me but i didnt really wanna put them up because of how horrible it looks.. so here are some snippets of it.

1-4.jpg
2-3.jpg
3-6.jpg
I have double double eyelids ? Not sure if that is normal.

4-3.jpg
I think this last picture was day 13. My creases are still high but its abit lower now.
Not sure if I should put my current eye now. Let me know if you wanna see them, then I shall post it up on here :)

Guest hellogoodbye11

eyelidgirl said: So this is my eyelid surgery healing process.. I've just past the 3 weeks point. The pictures are self explanatory ^^
My eyes looked like they got bashed for the first 4 days, I had bruising under my eyes on the 4th day. There was alot more terrible terrible photos of me but i didnt really wanna put them up because of how horrible it looks.. so here are some snippets of it.

1-4.jpg
2-3.jpg
3-6.jpg
I have double double eyelids ? Not sure if that is normal.

4-3.jpg
I think this last picture was day 13. My creases are still high but its abit lower now.
Not sure if I should put my current eye now. Let me know if you wanna see them, then I shall post it up on here :)

Hellogoodbye11

My surgeon said that my natural creases were not low nor very high. But its considered as high-ish? He told me that if he did the surgery, he would have to make my eyelids slightly higher.

I'm not too sure why its so bloody swollen lol.. It COULD be because my crease is high or it could just be that my metabolism is slow?(hence why my swelling went down slower?)

I'm gonna try to find a recent pic of me and post it up here.. It'll be great if I could chat to your via a social app!

I'll pm you :)))))))

Guest hellogoodbye11

eyelidgirl said: Hellogoodbye11 My surgeon said that my natural creases were not low nor very high. But its considered as high-ish? He told me that if he did the surgery, he would have to make my eyelids slightly higher. I'm not too sure why its so bloody swollen lol.. It COULD be because my crease is high or it could just be that my metabolism is slow?(hence why my swelling went down slower?) I'm gonna try to find a recent pic of me and post it up here.. It'll be great if I could chat to your via a social app! I'll pm you :)))))))

I think that with your face shape and eye size it looks good though! And once it settles down I think it'll be really pretty. Have you tried taking arnica montana and bromelian? That is what I'm trying to do. Got my surgery today I look scary as hell haha

Ahaha. Show meee.. XD I PMed you on soompi~~ :) and I don't know what arnica Montana and bromelian is @_@ lol. The swelling on my eyelid isnt there anymore. It was just terrible for the first 2 weeks

Guest misoprettyx

Hello eyelidgirl,
May I ask who your surgeon is? I'm planning to get a revision to make my crease higher and more prominatent.  Your eyes are healing nicely, I cant wait to see your updates!

Guest kristenwonggg

just wondering... I'm going to be getting the surgery within the month! Do you think its best to get it done here (canada, toronto) or in korea? thanks!! <3

Guest kristenwonggg

hey guys, would you recommend getting the surgery done in canada (where I live) or in korea?

some places put you to sleep but most places don't because they want you to open your eyes certain ways and stuff during the procedure. it makes it easier for the doctor to determine how the double eyelid is coming along i think.

i want to get it done kind of. but the thing is, i'm fine with my double eyelids.. i want to cut? my eyes to make them bigger... lol that sounds dangerous. but i always wondered, wont you not have any eyelashes where you got the cuts? o_o that's gross..

Hi, I've done eyelid surgery and I can tell u that when you do double eyelid they don't even touch your eyelashes at all. Because if you think about it, they're cutting your eyelids not ur bottom part of your lids lol.

The actual surgery is not quite dangerous at all. Just gotta find the right surgeon ;)

Guest csuheunc

Hey guys! Just wanted to give you guys an update on my healing. I'm currently at 6 weeks and I love my eyes. They're not totally natural yet, but noone except other asian girls can tell I've had them done. I'm wishing I made my creases a little bigger actually, and I really hope they don't fall any more. If you look at my 3 week photos and my 6 week photos, they look essentially the same. So I don't think my crease will fall more. I guess I'm a fast healer! 
Good luck with your surgeries everyone!
6 weeks:15665207734_6bd3ef7c76_m.jpg

People have been asking me to upload my current eyes.. so here it is

122.jpg

222.jpg

As you can see, its still very swollen but when I put eyeliner on, it looks okay :)
btw its been 1 month now, so i guess my healing is pretty slow -__-

feel free to inbox me if you have any questions!

Guest Leamarietang

Hi, I've just did my eyelid surgery at KALO JB branch. I know its risky as I've heard some few bad reviews. But did it anyways.

I did it on 11/01/2015. And today's my 5th post op day. It's healing rather fine. Still swollen.

I'm just wondering does for incision method for those of you who did it, does the crease look less deep after you've taken the stitches out?

Guest zwc

kendrick1993 said:
Hey guys I first just wanted to say I am proud of each and everyone one of you making this decision and I am happy that there is a community where people can help each other reach similar goals, its incredible.So I have lurking around this forum for a year or two now and after being consumed by my insecurities of my eyelids have decided to get my eyes done THIS SUMMER!!!
After finally making the commitment I have to decide which doctor to go to. I live in Texas but I am open to anywhere in the U.S, I have saved up 8000 for this and I believe I can go anywhere. The problem is I want to go to THE BEST doctor and have the best results, I have read too many horror stories and this has made me very skeptical and makes choosing the right doctor even more important.
I have medium to heavy monolids, and I'm just looking for a natural crease that will open up my eyes. 
So for I have considered two doctors, Peter Newen and Edward KwakNewen has great results on his website and on the internet, he has a few bad general reviews but some of the results on his websites have too big or uneven folds this is not what I want.Kwak I have read from this forum has had great natural looking results, he also specializes in facial plastic surgery which is a good thing. but on his website the results are average and he has only been in the field for less than 10 years.
That is my research so far, If anyone has any suggestions or ideas throw them at my, I want the best surgery and money isn't a problem I just want results.Anyways thanks for everyones help.

Guest hellogoodbye11

Hi guys!
I had my eyelids done in CA 10 days ago and my eyelids already look extremely natural. I saw some conflicting posts about aftercare methods so I wanted to clear that up with what my doctor said because I think it worked really well for me!
-When the wound is open (stitches are still in) keep the eye area moist by applying the antibiotic cream. This promotes healing and prevents infection.-When the wound is closed (stitches out!), you DO NOT want to continue applying ANY antibiotic, scar cream, or anything that would make the area moist. This is when you want the area dry to promote better scar healing and prevent infections.
My doctor said not to put on any scar cream or anything unless I OK-ayed it with him. Honestly I don't feel like I have any scar at all and the only line is the crease line which is a bit deeper than normal but not pink, noticeable, or anything other than an ordinary crease line.
The other thing my doctor did that was a bit different from what I saw here was using an interrupted suture technique to close my eyes. Most doctors I've seen on this forum used continuous sutures which are good but interrupted sutures allow the surgeon to crease a more precise crease. He took out 1/2 of the sutures on 4 days and the other 1/2 at 6 days. Taking out the first 1/2 early gave me more time to heal (because the earlier you take out sutures the earlier the eyelid can heal properly!) and my eyelid didn't need the full support the entire 6 days. He also didn't cut towards the inner part of my eye and while my crease extends all the way to my corners, he did that through placing sutures only. This prevented the easy scarring that happens on the sensitive inner parts of our eyes (and yet my inner crease line is still deeper than the outside parts of my eye--those looks COMPLETELY normal!)
I had a lot of doubt when I booked my doc because of all the horror stories of American doctors. BUT IT WAS COMPLETELY MISPLACED/MISGUIDED. My eyes are soooo natural and I'm so so so happy that I did it and no longer have to use eyelid glue or tape. The only thing is that my crease is so natural now that I hope it doesn't drop much lower. Like my healing is one of the most accelerated on this thread I think. But he also does revisions for free although I don't really want to have to resort to that haha...

Guest viices

Hi guys,
I'm a lurker, so I've never posted.. but reading through this thread as I was going through my procedure was so helpful, I thought I should give back a little.I did my surgery exactly a month ago in Toronto with Dr. Tong of Yorkville Plastic Surgery. Highly recommended surgeon. Made me feel very comfortable right away, explained all the possible procedures in a very clear manner, was very patient with my questions, and was not pushy at all. I didn't consult with any other clinics, but honestly I didn't feel like I needed to. Communication with them was super easy. Since I'm going to school in another country, I communicated with them mostly through email, but got very prompt responses.
My main reason for doing the surgery was to correct a serious asymmetry in my eyes, as you'll see below.
I ended up opting for a blepharoplasty and epicanthoplasty. Dr. Tong also suggested if I wanted perfect symmetry I could also have a procedure where the muscle above my right eye was shortened to match the left eye, but I opted out of it. Didn't want to do too much at once since I didn't have any prior experience.
I'm going to give some extra details on the experience of the first few days, since that's what I was dying to read about right after my surgery.

• I was given a prescription for antibiotics, tylenol 3s, and a stool softener (painkillers can make you constipated). I was taking the t3s four times a day, but I realy didn't need them. I didn't have much pain to speak of, so they just mellowed me out a little. They do cause constipation, so there's that discomfort involved. Antibiotics can also cause yeast infections because they kill off some good bacteria, so make sure you have some vagisil wipes or cream on hand. You won't want to be stepping foot outside the house at this point.
  • Showering was fine, I just had to avoid my eyes, which isn't too hard. Even washing my hair was okay. I read somewhere that water - even soapy water - is fine if it gets on your eyes.
  • I wasn't very good with the cold presses. Only thing that kind of worked was sticking them to my head.
  • The tape covering the sutures was ITCHY. But I suspect it makes for better healing. So far in this thread, I've only seen it done by Dr. Tong. Only things that helped were cold presses and putting on skin lotion. I read that artificial tears help with the itchiness, but I never bought any for myself.
2dgjs68.jpg

Hope this is helpful to some of you!

Guest Yukikumo

Hey there! I'm going to Vietnam in February, departing Sydney on the 9th and landing in Saigon on the 10th. And was wondering if anyone going for double eyelid surgery at the same time was keen on sharing accommodation?I am looking at JW plastic surgery clinic in Ben Thanh, district 1. My email is vita.dolce@live.com.au if you're interested. Let me know :D    

I recently had the full incisional procedure done at Wave Surgery in Los Angeles. I chose Dr. Ho as my surgeon and I think she did a great job (it's been one month and I still have some residual swelling but I like the overall shape). Please see my post below for a comprehensive run down of the day of surgery as well as my recovery process. Feel free to leave me a comment if you have questions. Good luck to everyone. 

http://lazybumtotbeauty.blogspot.com/2015/01/full-incisional-upper-blepharoplasty.html

• Like 1