Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

pineappleeee said: @JeloustypeA So far I have had consultations with Dr. Andrew Choi, Dr. Kenneth Kim, and Dr. Charles K. Kim. I have appointments with three other doctors after new years.
Dr. Andrew Choi spent a good 40 minutes talking to me and looking at my eye. His personal preference is a parallel crease but I told him I would prefer a more natural tapered crease, which he said he would do. Overall I had a good impression of him. He seemed to really care about his work and his patients. He office is located in a kind of janky building, but his office was pleasant. 
I walked out of Dr. Kenneth Kim's consultant not really knowing what he was going to do with my eyes. He just told me that I have a slight ptosis in one of my eyes and that he was going to fix it and open my eyes up a bit. He also said he could do a slight epi cut but that it wasn't necessary and that it probably wasn't worth the extra $$. Apparent on the day of surgery (if I choose him), we would meet for 40 minutes before and that is when we would talk about what kind of eye I want. He didn't spend too much time with me during the consultant, but maybe I just caught him on a busy day.
Dr. Charles K. Kim spend a good amount of time with me as well. I told him I wanted a tapered crease and he recommended me to keep it small and to do epi cuts. I asked him about the ptosis in one of my eyes that Dr. Kenneth Kim mentioned and he said that all Asians have a slight ptosis and that he would make a judgement call during surgery whether to tighten the muscle or not and that fixing it would come at no extra charge. I walked out having a good impression of him as well. 
Not completely sure which doctor I'm leaning towards as of now. I guess I'll make the decision once I see the other three doctors :) Let me know how your consultations go!

Guest pineappleeee

@cocoa @shionshion Thank you for sharing your experiences with Dr. Kenneth Kim. I was unsure about what to think about him before (reading a bunch of mixed review here) but now I feel like I should go with my gut and not go to him for my eye surgery.
@AllieS may I ask who did your eyes here in LA? Yeah so far I like Dr. Charles Kim and Dr. Andrew Choi the best! Dr. Charles Kim wanted to do epi cuts on me and I'm kind of unsure about that because I don't want my look to change too much. I just want my eyes to look bigger and I'm afraid the epi cuts might make me look too different??

pineappleeee said: @cocoa @shionshion Thank you for sharing your experiences with Dr. Kenneth Kim. I was unsure about what to think about him before (reading a bunch of mixed review here) but now I feel like I should go with my gut and not go to him for my eye surgery.
@AllieS may I ask who did your eyes here in LA? Yeah so far I like Dr. Charles Kim and Dr. Andrew Choi the best! Dr. Charles Kim wanted to do epi cuts on me and I'm kind of unsure about that because I don't want my look to change too much. I just want my eyes to look bigger and I'm afraid the epi cuts might make me look too different??

Guest amywan01

@JealoustypeA
So far I researched 3 places for double eyelid in LA and the link to their before and after.    
1.  Wave (Peter Lee/Jonathan Shifren/Goretti Ho)before and after page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.496880400330274.117628.140918029259848&type=3They have three doctors and I liked 5 of their before and afters, which is what I want.  Although it doesn't specify who did which before and after, but they all seems not too dramatic and natural, but different from before.  I have few of my friends in college who did it here and it turned out good so I am going here to talk to them first.
2.  CK (Charles Kim)before and after pagehttp://ckbelle.com/portfolio-item/blepharoplasty/
I like their website, but this page has mixture of the double eyelid surgery that we are looking for and the eyelid surgery for caucasians and older people.  I did like 2 of their pictures they had here.  I think it would be good for my friend because my friend does look like one of their before picture.  
3.  VIP (Andrew Choi)http://www.vipsurgery.com/photo-gallery#upper
I was hesitant to put this link here because there is only one picture that I could find.  I just wanted to place it in my post because I did hear good things about this place.  

Guest jerry1234

Hmm does anyone know if the doctors/staff speak english in taiwan? I don't speak an ounce of chinese/taiwanese but that's my ethnicity. I am thinking about going to taiwan instead of korea because I don't want to stray too far from my ethnic looks.

Guest ahoytchoi

Hi all, I'm in Korea and my surgery is less than 12 hours.  I've stalked this thread a bunch since last summer and it's finally happening.  I'm really d*mn nervous, the butterflies even woke me up really early and I can't sleep.  I'm pretty confident in the doctor I chose, but if people are interested I can write an overview of the consultations I had with six clinics?  and in the future perhaps a review of my surgery overall?
I'm getting double eyelid (double non-incisional, slight epi) and rhinoplasty (hump correction, deviation correction, soft silicon bridge implant, and septal cartilage in tip).  Encouragement or just some chat would be nice :)

ahoytchoi said: Hi all, I'm in Korea and my surgery is less than 12 hours.  I've stalked this thread a bunch since last summer and it's finally happening.  I'm really d*mn nervous, the butterflies even woke me up really early and I can't sleep.  I'm pretty confident in the doctor I chose, but if people are interested I can write an overview of the consultations I had with six clinics?  and in the future perhaps a review of my surgery overall?
I'm getting double eyelid (double non-incisional, slight epi) and rhinoplasty (hump correction, deviation correction, soft silicon bridge implant, and septal cartilage in tip).  Encouragement or just some chat would be nice :)

Guest ahoytchoi

AllieS said: ahoytchoi said: Hi all, I'm in Korea and my surgery is less than 12 hours.  I've stalked this thread a bunch since last summer and it's finally happening.  I'm really d*mn nervous, the butterflies even woke me up really early and I can't sleep.  I'm pretty confident in the doctor I chose, but if people are interested I can write an overview of the consultations I had with six clinics?  and in the future perhaps a review of my surgery overall?

Guest Alizeyang

ahoytchoi said: Hi all, I'm in Korea and my surgery is less than 12 hours.  I've stalked this thread a bunch since last summer and it's finally happening.  I'm really d*mn nervous, the butterflies even woke me up really early and I can't sleep.  I'm pretty confident in the doctor I chose, but if people are interested I can write an overview of the consultations I had with six clinics?  and in the future perhaps a review of my surgery overall?

Guest Alizeyang

Guest hellogoodbye11

I'm getting a double eyelid consultation on Thursday with a possible surgery scheduled the next day. I have worn double eyelid glue/tape for 3.5 years and it has given me a very light indentation/wrinkle that can become double eyelids if I rubbed my eyes (but it doesn't stay). Would this hinder my surgery?
My other question is why in most Asian double eyelid surgeries, the crease is extended all the way down to the corner of the eye, sometimes connecting with the corner. When I do my glue or tape I usually stop the crease around the mongolian fold...would this be possible to imitate in surgery or is that an obvious telltale that it is fake?
Photoon1-4-15at316PM_zps1afe4655.jpg
relaxed eyesPhotoon1-4-15at615PM_zpsdc2e66cf.jpg

frowned and opened eyes really hard to stimulate double eyelid from wrinkle (nothing on tho)

PhotoJan03105737PM_zps36e15c7e.jpg
an example of the eye crease extending down to the corner which is what i see results from most surgeries

bad_zpsd25fc30d.jpg

But I am just really afraid of this, which I have seen a lot in pics where the crease goes all the way down. With one eyelid being infold while the other is out fold--and I already know my left eye is smaller than my right plus the crease is smaller and harder to maintain with tape/glue b/c I think it has a thicker/more prominent mongolian fold so I am afraid that I will end up with one tapered and one parallel eye if the crease is extended down

Guest ahoytchoi

hellogoodbye11 said: I'm getting a double eyelid consultation on Thursday with a possible surgery scheduled the next day. I have worn double eyelid glue/tape for 3.5 years and it has given me a very light indentation/wrinkle that can become double eyelids if I rubbed my eyes (but it doesn't stay). Would this hinder my surgery?
My other question is why in most Asian double eyelid surgeries, the crease is extended all the way down to the corner of the eye, sometimes connecting with the corner. When I do my glue or tape I usually stop the crease around the mongolian fold...would this be possible to imitate in surgery or is that an obvious telltale that it is fake?

frowned and opened eyes really hard to stimulate double eyelid from wrinkle (nothing on tho)

an example of the eye crease extending down to the corner which is what i see results from most surgeries

bad_zpsd25fc30d.jpg

But I am just really afraid of this, which I have seen a lot in pics where the crease goes all the way down. With one eyelid being infold while the other is out fold--and I already know my left eye is smaller than my right plus the crease is smaller and harder to maintain with tape/glue b/c I think it has a thicker/more prominent mongolian fold so I am afraid that I will end up with one tapered and one parallel eye if the crease is extended down

Guest ahoytchoi

Alizeyang said: ahoytchoi said: Hi all, I'm in Korea and my surgery is less than 12 hours.  I've stalked this thread a bunch since last summer and it's finally happening.  I'm really d*mn nervous, the butterflies even woke me up really early and I can't sleep.  I'm pretty confident in the doctor I chose, but if people are interested I can write an overview of the consultations I had with six clinics?  and in the future perhaps a review of my surgery overall?

Guest hellogoodbye11

Thank you!! I'm really nervous if you can't tell haha. I've been trying to stimulate an in-outfold and an infold but its kinda hard with tape and I'm afraid to use glue b/c it sometimes causes a lot of redness that might not go away before my consultation. I can make an infold and it makes me eye hella weird, like it just stops randomly and isn't smooth and elongated like other people's infold pics.
ahoytchoi said: hellogoodbye11 said: I'm getting a double eyelid consultation on Thursday with a possible surgery scheduled the next day. I have worn double eyelid glue/tape for 3.5 years and it has given me a very light indentation/wrinkle that can become double eyelids if I rubbed my eyes (but it doesn't stay). Would this hinder my surgery?

bad_zpsd25fc30d.jpg

Guest ahoytchoi

hellogoodbye11 said:
Thank you!! I'm really nervous if you can't tell haha. I've been trying to stimulate an in-outfold and an infold but its kinda hard with tape and I'm afraid to use glue b/c it sometimes causes a lot of redness that might not go away before my consultation. I can make an infold and it makes me eye hella weird, like it just stops randomly and isn't smooth and elongated like other people's infold pics.

Guest soylatte

i just did eye surgery 1 mth ago in seoul. currently i'm not totally satisfied although i believed i picked the right surgeon. he seems quite skilled also luckily he was responsive to my concerns and promised me a revision in 6 mths if the results don't get much better. 
here's my lesson learned : 
1. no matter how much you trust your surgeon, you need to have a clear idea what results you're after. my mistake was to left everything to him although now i have a clear idea of exactly what i want (too late)! of course, we need to be realistic with what can be achieved as well.
2. for those of you with excess skin / fat in your upper eyelids, i recommend drawing the lines while sitting/standing up vertically. my eyes look very different when lying down horizontally compared to standing/sitting up vertically. i took me a while to figure out how such a skilled surgeon (i really trusted him a lot!) could have underestimated the excess skin/fat to remove by quite a margin! i really don't think it's swelling as he claimed but i will need to wait a couple months more to be 100% sure.

Guest ahoytchoi

soylatte said: i just did eye surgery 1 mth ago in seoul. currently i'm not totally satisfied although i believed i picked the right surgeon. he seems quite skilled also luckily he was responsive to my concerns and promised me a revision in 6 mths if the results don't get much better. 
here's my lesson learned : 
1. no matter how much you trust your surgeon, you need to have a clear idea what results you're after. my mistake was to left everything to him although now i have a clear idea of exactly what i want (too late)! of course, we need to be realistic with what can be achieved as well.
2. for those of you with excess skin / fat in your upper eyelids, i recommend drawing the lines while sitting/standing up vertically. my eyes look very different when lying down horizontally compared to standing/sitting up vertically. i took me a while to figure out how such a skilled surgeon (i really trusted him a lot!) could have underestimated the excess skin/fat to remove by quite a margin! i really don't think it's swelling as he claimed but i will need to wait a couple months more to be 100% sure.

Hi I'm new here and I'm trying to upload a pic of my double eyelid surgery I did just 2 weeks ago..

But I'm just wondering when can I start putting fake lashes? I have a party to attend to and it will be literally 1 month after my surgery. Do you guys think its okay to put fake lashes by then?

Guest soylatte

hey soylatte, could you explain what exactly your results were vs. your expectations? would you go so far as to get another surgery in the future?
after browsing through 565 pages in this thread and being highly observant of other people's eyes for the past month, i believe the best results are for those who already have existing double eyelid and just wanted to make the crease more noticeable. i start to think i was not being realistic and expecting too much the outcome as i originally have monolids + excess skin/fat. I believe with a few other surgeries e.g. facelift, telescopic browlift etc. i may be able to look natural with double eyelids but that's like completely changing my face (i know my face is not perfect but no thanks)! 
my advice is to study your eyes carefully (include the face structure too) and maybe use eyelid tape (not regularly) to see what kind of natural double eyelid is achievable BEFORE doing the surgery. i wonder where we can get the curvy thin wire thing the surgeons use to show you how the results would look like?!
i will most likely go for the revision in the future as the surgery resulted in very noticeable hooded eyes due to excess skin/fat - i think the revision will be simple i.e. just remove excess skin (the surgeon told me that fat under the skin could not be removed on its own). also he promised to do the revision free of charge. it remains to be seen if my new double eyelids can really look natural at all after a simple revision (cut excess skin/fat) but there's really nothing i can do now but wait for that 6 months to be up.

Soylatte. Could you post a pic of your eyes here. I'm nearly into the 1monyj mark and i guess I have to say that I'm also not completely satisfied with my eyes as well.. But people have been telling me it will take 3 months+ to be actually normal.. So I really hope it turns out okay after 2-3 months .