Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest csuheunc

Thanks Mea00! I think icing REALLY works. It's pretty well-established in the medical field that icing helps prevent swelling (it doesn't necessarily reduce swelling that's already there). I got lazy yesterday and only iced 20 min every 2 hours and I'm more swollen than I was yesterday even though swelling is supposed to go down after the 3rd day. So be sure to ice! It can't hurt!
I'm putting this ointment on my stitches--Lacri-Lube. It mostly just helps the stitches be softer or something. My dr didn't really tell me much about post-op care. At least nothing more than I learned from Soompi. Good luck with your surgery!  

Guest SayTeenie

Hi csuheunc, your eyes look great! What's your diet like? I hear what you consume affects the swelling too. Can you post a before picture of your eyes, if possible? :)

Guest csuheunc

Hey SayTeenie, I managed to find one photo of my eyes. It's a terrible photo, and I don't think it's that drastic of a change, but here it is. Before photo.

I think diet really does affect swelling. Before I even had surgery, whenever I eat sushi, my eyes are noticeably swollen the day after. I haven't been too good about eating well. I'm mostly just avoiding salt. About a week before the surgery I started making roast chicken, salad, and eggs without adding any salt.

Guest mea00

csuheunc: thanks for getting back, I'm glad it's going smoothly for you! I'm all prepared for purple and yellow bruises around the eyes lol you're lucky to get away with it but yea no need to worry much other than eating healthy and let the body do the healing. Have dr taken out stitches yet? I believe you can wash your whole face and make up after the wounds are healed soon?

I ice my ankle every time I get injured and it indeed helps a lot but I thought icing might be too much for the sensitive area around the eyes but I'll give it ago and maybe wrap the ice with a towel if its too cold:)

I asked for the smallest possible. But he went 6mm he said but i feel he went higher than that. It hurts at the outer part right above the incision on the muscle. It does not hurt when i touch it. Just a dull ache all day (sometimes feels the same type of pain as a cold headache only milder) I went back to the doctor several times but he said he doesn't know why. I don't think he's a good doctor as others also complained about him and they needed correction afterward.
So, I'm not really sure what's wrong. It's been several years and it hurts every single day. I really thought it would go away but it has not. 

kimchicecream said: Wow Tom413, that sounds pretty bad. I really feel for you. How big of a double eyelid did you go for? Is there any discoloration on your skin?

Guest aznn133

@lildelights your eyes look so natural already! How big did you have your creases? 

Guest csuheunc

@lildelights your eyes are looking so good for only day 6! There's a strain when I look up too. I'm sure it'll go away for us soon though, I hope!

Guest meisquared

Hey Guys, new to the forum but would like to post my double eyelid experience.
I did mine in Thailand, I had a friend who did hers in a clinic and it turned out great and natural! I had wanted to do it in that exact clinic however due to some difficulties I had ended up in a different clinic, called Arte Beaute Clinic. There isn't much information on the clinic online but I had a good experience. I had a consultation and the surgery on the same day which I was mentally prepared for. Being a small clinic, there was only one surgeon who owned two clinics (makes him a busy man), he wasn't very smiley and his English was quite limited but I had a translator with me, he said I didn't need to cut the inner corners but I need a lift, I didn't know the English name of what it was called but I'm pretty sure it's ptosis. It was a short consultation and I told him I wanted it to be natural, the translator had done surgery there as well and his eyes were healing well and minimal scarring existed however his eyelids were super thick and unnatural which scared me but he told me he requested it to be like so cause he wanted to appear halfie (which he doesn't, it just looks bad). So I waited there for a bit, and they took be into the surgery room, looked pretty dodgy, not gonna lie. They made me put on a robe and tied my hair up and covered it. Standard stuff. Waited there for a while before being led to the surgery room, I was a little bit nervous but that was normal. They had laid me down and my eyes were closed for most of it and I could feel the surgeon draw on my eyelids. I was then injected with anesthesia, so I was knocked out for a bit, I felt like I was high (on weed), and then I woke up and him telling me to open my eyes. I did, and few more times and then five minutes later I was out. The sweet thing was when I woke up one of the nurses held onto my hand for a bit, which I thought was super nice. Anyways I came out, a little bit dizzy, they led my to a bed I lied there for a bit before my mum and the translator came in to check on me. Mum was a bit shocked about how swollen it was but the translator assured her it was normal. I'm now 6 days in and I'm excited for how it'll turn out. Getting the stitches out today. It costed around $2000 AUD.My Eyes Before:10859837_10203299602271662_1234926914_n.
After surgery, bloodied tears stained it. 10846928_10203299598671572_2098449508_n.

Two days later:10833821_10203299598591570_1487469954_n.
  Five days later:974464_10203299598511568_1883699077_n.jp
And today (6 days later):10819800_10203299601911653_1350756097_o.

As you can tell, one eye is more swollen than the other, so it looks uneven. I will keep you updated and happy to answer questions! :) :)

Guest lildelights

@meisquared Your eyes look so bright now! I'm envious of the overall shape of your eyes. Hope the swelling will go down soon, can't wait to see updated pics.
aznn133 said: @lildelights your eyes look so natural already! How big did you have your creases? 

Guest keamster

Hello so I'm a Korean male who had done blepharoplasty due to eyelashes curving inward. So this is my second attempt due to the fact that the first doctor didn't fix the problem and eyelashes still continued to poke. So I just had them redone and I'm scared with my results. I sort of know the process since I have done it before but I would like the forums opinion on how you guys think it will heal. I had it done on both tops and left bottom. I'll post a pic of my current status which is 5 weeks into recovery. If you can see the inside edge of my eyes have a little excess skin sticking out. The line is not all the way around even as the other side. The other side also very slight comes out. Not sure if muscles are still healing but do you think that the skin will go back inwards to make a clean line to match? The eye crease also looks little uneven left side seems higher. Also the bottom eyelid looks so horrible and im scared it won't heal right and the skin won't pull up again. Any feedback would be helpful! This surgery was done by a local doctor through my insurance carrier covers it under medical condition. 

Guest meisquared

@lildelights‌ thanks!! I'm loving the shape at the moment and I can't wait to put on makeup Haha, but one is definitely more swollen than the other. :((

Guest aznn133

To the people who have recently had the surgery, do you guys have trouble closing on eye at a time? I don't really have an issue with my right eye, but my left eye feels super tight and I can't seem to close that one by its own. It just sucks cause I really want to put on eye shadow and stuff lol maybe i'm just being super impatient

Guest csuheunc

Hey @aznn133, I really don't have an issue with that, but no skin was taken out during my surgery. Having trouble closing your eyes seems like a pretty normal issue though. Have you tried emailing your doctor?

Guest aznn133

@csuheunc yeah it's weird cause I didn't get fat removed from the eye I have trouble closing! I talked to the doctor before I left Korea and he said it was normal but I'm still worried. Your eyes look like they're healing really well though!! Have you tried putting on makeup yet?

Guest lildelights

aznn133 said: To the people who have recently had the surgery, do you guys have trouble closing on eye at a time? I don't really have an issue with my right eye, but my left eye feels super tight and I can't seem to close that one by its own. It just sucks cause I really want to put on eye shadow and stuff lol maybe i'm just being super impatient

Guest aznn133

@lildelights ahhh i know im just so anxious haha. your eyes are healing so fast! when do you plan on applying makeup?

Guest lildelights

aznn133 said: @lildelights ahhh i know im just so anxious haha. your eyes are healing so fast! when do you plan on applying makeup?