Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest meisquared

Hey Guys, new to the forum but would like to post my double eyelid experience.
I did mine in Thailand, I had a friend who did hers in a clinic and it turned out great and natural! I had wanted to do it in that exact clinic however due to some difficulties I had ended up in a different clinic, called Arte Beaute Clinic. There isn't much information on the clinic online but I had a good experience. I had a consultation and the surgery on the same day which I was mentally prepared for. Being a small clinic, there was only one surgeon who owned two clinics (makes him a busy man), he wasn't very smiley and his English was quite limited but I had a translator with me, he said I didn't need to cut the inner corners but I need a lift, I didn't know the English name of what it was called but I'm pretty sure it's ptosis. It was a short consultation and I told him I wanted it to be natural, the translator had done surgery there as well and his eyes were healing well and minimal scarring existed however his eyelids were super thick and unnatural which scared me but he told me he requested it to be like so cause he wanted to appear halfie (which he doesn't, it just looks bad). So I waited there for a bit, and they took be into the surgery room, looked pretty dodgy, not gonna lie. They made me put on a robe and tied my hair up and covered it. Standard stuff. Waited there for a while before being led to the surgery room, I was a little bit nervous but that was normal. They had laid me down and my eyes were closed for most of it and I could feel the surgeon draw on my eyelids. I was then injected with anesthesia, so I was knocked out for a bit, I felt like I was high (on weed), and then I woke up and him telling me to open my eyes. I did, and few more times and then five minutes later I was out. The sweet thing was when I woke up one of the nurses held onto my hand for a bit, which I thought was super nice. Anyways I came out, a little bit dizzy, they led my to a bed I lied there for a bit before my mum and the translator came in to check on me. Mum was a bit shocked about how swollen it was but the translator assured her it was normal. I'm now 6 days in and I'm excited for how it'll turn out. Getting the stitches out today. It costed around $2000 AUD.My Eyes Before:10859837_10203299602271662_1234926914_n.
After surgery, bloodied tears stained it. 10846928_10203299598671572_2098449508_n.

Two days later:10833821_10203299598591570_1487469954_n.
  Five days later:974464_10203299598511568_1883699077_n.jp
And today (6 days later):10819800_10203299601911653_1350756097_o.

As you can tell, one eye is more swollen than the other, so it looks uneven. I will keep you updated and happy to answer questions! :) :)

Guest lildelights

@meisquared Your eyes look so bright now! I'm envious of the overall shape of your eyes. Hope the swelling will go down soon, can't wait to see updated pics.
aznn133 said: @lildelights your eyes look so natural already! How big did you have your creases? 

Guest keamster

Hello so I'm a Korean male who had done blepharoplasty due to eyelashes curving inward. So this is my second attempt due to the fact that the first doctor didn't fix the problem and eyelashes still continued to poke. So I just had them redone and I'm scared with my results. I sort of know the process since I have done it before but I would like the forums opinion on how you guys think it will heal. I had it done on both tops and left bottom. I'll post a pic of my current status which is 5 weeks into recovery. If you can see the inside edge of my eyes have a little excess skin sticking out. The line is not all the way around even as the other side. The other side also very slight comes out. Not sure if muscles are still healing but do you think that the skin will go back inwards to make a clean line to match? The eye crease also looks little uneven left side seems higher. Also the bottom eyelid looks so horrible and im scared it won't heal right and the skin won't pull up again. Any feedback would be helpful! This surgery was done by a local doctor through my insurance carrier covers it under medical condition. 

Guest aznn133

To the people who have recently had the surgery, do you guys have trouble closing on eye at a time? I don't really have an issue with my right eye, but my left eye feels super tight and I can't seem to close that one by its own. It just sucks cause I really want to put on eye shadow and stuff lol maybe i'm just being super impatient

Guest csuheunc

Hey @aznn133, I really don't have an issue with that, but no skin was taken out during my surgery. Having trouble closing your eyes seems like a pretty normal issue though. Have you tried emailing your doctor?

Guest aznn133

@csuheunc yeah it's weird cause I didn't get fat removed from the eye I have trouble closing! I talked to the doctor before I left Korea and he said it was normal but I'm still worried. Your eyes look like they're healing really well though!! Have you tried putting on makeup yet?

Guest lildelights

aznn133 said: To the people who have recently had the surgery, do you guys have trouble closing on eye at a time? I don't really have an issue with my right eye, but my left eye feels super tight and I can't seem to close that one by its own. It just sucks cause I really want to put on eye shadow and stuff lol maybe i'm just being super impatient

Guest csuheunc

Hey guys! I'm back with a 2 week update! How is everyone doing? My swelling hasn't gone down that much. It's still quite sausage-y, even though you can't really tell in these photos. 

How is everyone's scar? Mine is really weird and getting kind of itchy. I'm not sure if I should call my doctor :/
15858461599_54abcdc64c_m.jpg
15422244144_51f8fb03e2_m.jpg

Guest aznn133

@csuheunc Your eyes are looking great! My eyes were super dry and itchy and the end of week 2 so I applied some Vaseline on them and it ended up being fine.
For those of you who had the surgery done because you had a habit of lifting your eyes wider with your eyebrows, do you guys still find yourself trying to open your eyes wider? I subconsciously do it even after the surgery, especially when I talk to people, and it's been giving me really intense headaches. Even when I think i'm relaxing my eyes, the rest of my face feels really tight like im clenching the top half of my face.

Guest pineappleeee

Hi hi!
I've been a silent reader here for about a year and I think I finally ready to get my eyes done! I was thinking about going to Korea for the longest time but after considering the language barrier etc. I've decided to stay here in LA. After reading through hundreds of pages here, some doctors I've found in this area are Dr. Andrew Choi, Peter Newen, Peter G. Lee, Charles K. Kim, and Kenneth Kim. I want to narrow down my list to about three doctors before I make appointments to have consultations. So any insight on these doctors will help :)
I've seen a lot of positive reviews for Dr. Andrew Choi but most of the users who have posted have gotten non-incisional. And I'm pretty sure I need incisions since I have fatty eyelids. 
The couple of people I've found that have gone to Dr. Peter Newen seem unhappy? I think the ones I have found either needed a revision or had lasting scars. And after watching some videos of a beauty guru who got her eyes done with him, I think her creases seem uneven. My mom also has two friends who went to him for different procedures and were unhappy with their results. Maybe he's better at double eyelid surgery though...
I've seen a lot of negative reviews for Dr. Kenneth Kim but @csuheunc just got her eyes done there and they turned out beautifully! So maybe he's a hit or miss? 
And I haven't found much information about people who have done their surgery with Dr. Peter G. Lee or Dr. Charles K. Kim. It seems like many go to these doctors for consultations but then end up choosing another doctors?
Also I've decided not to consider Dr. Charles Lee since his before and after pictures don't really appeal to me.
If any of you have extra insight or before/after pictures you are willing to share, that would be super helpful! I'm hoping to get my surgery next month :)