Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest mzcee

CatherineZ said: Hi everyone! 
I've been considering Dr. Edward Kwak and Dr. Eric Choe in NYC for my double eyelid surgery...
I've heard a lot of good comments about both doctors; however, the recent reviews of Dr. Choe seem to be quite negative. 
If anyone who has done double eyelid surgery with either doctor relatively recently could share their insights, I'd be so thankful! (:
Would you guys recommend that doctor again? Are you still happy with your results awhile after the surgery?

Guest mzcee

Anyone from the NYC area??! I myself am planning to get eyelid surgery but dont know which doctor to go to? Anyone who had their eyelids surgery done by Dr.Choe, Eric or Dr.Kwak, Edmund ??? Please HELP !!

Anyone??? Does anyone's Eye HURT? My eye gets really sore at the end of the day and there's a generally dull aching pain all day where the muscle was cut.
It feels really tight looking up. I've had this done a few years ago and they said the pain would go away but it has not and I feel it every day. 

Guest insanity4ps

Hey, monica, thank you for sharing your experience! I have a question. Did you only pay $1,300 for partial incision double eyelid surgery and epicanthoplasty? That's ridiculously cheap!! I had researched before I had my eyes done for a while, and I got quoted ranging from 2-3 million won for double eyelid surgery (koren money) and 1-2 million for epicanthoplasty. Anyway, I paid 2.5 million KRW for nonincision double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction (2+0.5). How come were your so cheaper than mine? :(

Guest Luv2916

Anyone going to Korea in December? i would like to have company since I don't know anyone there. I'm planning to get a revision double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction since a surgeon in LA messed up my eyes.

Luv2916 said: Anyone going to Korea in December? i would like to have company since I don't know anyone there. I'm planning to get a revision double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction since a surgeon in LA messed up my eyes.

Guest oldajuma

I dont understand Asian people. You are blessed with beautiful , unique eyes and your spending money to destroy your natural beauty. I want an Asian boy with monolids like lee jun ki

Guest Yagudin

I had my surgery done about four years ago in China. I had incision surgery with epi. Before:54emg3.jpg

After:2q37sw9.jpg
2dmh7ac.jpg

Sorry my second after is right after getting my eyelash extensions refilled so there is some redness at the bottom of my eye and overall swelling from that process. 

Guest insanity4ps

Hey guys, I'm living in Korea and falling in love with plastic surgery here. So far, I did eyes, nose, botox, skin laser treatment, hair removal with laser, etc. Now, I'm considering breast augmentation and facial bone contouring surgery. As for breast, I'm in Dr. Junesung Kim, and for bone surgery, Dr. Giwan Kim. Is there anyone who underwent or knows any good doctors in Korea for those surgeries? Please let me know!

Guest Sgene

Hi Guys, I'm new here ^^
Does anyone recommend or have experience with surgeons in Sydney?

Guest mea00

Anyone in asia, preferably Thailand from mid dec for double eyelid? Please send a msg!

Guest Geer.

Can anyone recommend any surgeon located in China? Greatly appreciated.--I'm also interested in Rhinoplasty, if anyone knows a surgeon for that.Thanks! 

Guest Rinda12

I find the review about girin plastic surgery in blog.I think that hospital also good, does anyone have experience those clinic?the review site: http://binaca1289.blogspot.kr/2014_11_01_archive.html

Guest lildelights

Hi peeps,
I had my double eyelid surgery yesterday! It took about 4 years of consideration before finally going through with it.
Why I did itI've always felt self-conscious about my uneven eyelids. One day the right eye would have an obvious double eyelid, the next it would go back to being single-lidded. Or the next day, the left eye would appear smaller than usual. I usually applied double eyelid glue to even out my eyelids, and that caused some wrinkling/sagging, so I finally decided to go ahead and get the surgery done. 
Surgery detailsDoctor: Lawrence TongClinic: Yorkville Institute of Plastic Surgery in TorontoMethod: Full-incisional with fat and skin removal under local anesthesia and conscious IV sedationCost: $3700 CAD T-T $$$Time: 40 minutes for the surgery, 1.5 hours of post-op recovery spent at the clinicPain (1-10): IV insertion - 10!!! Ouch; actual surgery/stitching - 1

Before the surgery: aTFt9qd.jpg?1

Right after the surgery (Eyes closed);j1DFxst.jpg?1

1st day after the surgery:BRUcMvl.jpg?1

2nd day:oTZzxIO.jpg?1

6th day:
I3jSGZw.jpg
Unable to look up :(
7th day:RxOHOMp.jpg
07sGX0X.jpg?4
(I have a habit of raising one eyebrow when I smile)0BqI5Vx.jpg?1
Yay! Quite happy with the results.
8th day:qTC8LtF.jpg?1

Guest aznn133

Hi everyone,I had double eyelid surgery done on November 25th and it's been 10 days. I had it done in Korea and now I'm back in the states. I know it's only been a little over one week, but I'm worried that my left eye is too tight. I can't close my eyes fully. I talked to the doctor about it before I left and he said he had to do it tighter because otherwise it will fall down too quickly or something... 
Just a little background information, my right eye was hooded and there was asymmetry between my eyes. Originally, I wanted to get the non-incisional method (because of the faster healing time, and it not being permanent) but I learned that it wasn't possible for me because I had formed a habit of opening my eyes wider using my eyebrows. This would cause me to get minor headaches during school and it would cause me to get wrinkles faster in the future. This was the only reason why my parents were okay with me doing the surgery lol. So for surgery, I got the incisional, fat removal on my right eye, and inner corner cut so I wouldn't look like a "surprised rabbit". I also asked for very natural eyelids.
In my personal opinion, I don't think there's much of a difference from when I got my stiches out (day 4) to now (day 10). I know it's only been a short time and I shouldn't worry, but I've seen so many posts on here, and people do have a significant difference after the first week. I think i'm just worried cause I'm going back to school on January 5th and right now it's so obvious I got my eyelids done because my eyes are 2x the size they were due to swelling...
Does anyone recommend any tips on how to make the swelling go down a little faster?
Pic of my eyes:IMG_20141205_043524_zpsc112cff9.jpg

closedIMG_20141205_043550_zps105db3f4.jpg

sorry they're so big lol

Guest Rinda12

aznn133 said: Hi everyone,I had double eyelid surgery done on November 25th and it's been 10 days. I had it done in Korea and now I'm back in the states. I know it's only been a little over one week, but I'm worried that my left eye is too tight. I can't close my eyes fully. I talked to the doctor about it before I left and he said he had to do it tighter because otherwise it will fall down too quickly or something... 
Just a little background information, my right eye was hooded and there was asymmetry between my eyes. Originally, I wanted to get the non-incisional method (because of the faster healing time, and it not being permanent) but I learned that it wasn't possible for me because I had formed a habit of opening my eyes wider using my eyebrows. This would cause me to get minor headaches during school and it would cause me to get wrinkles faster in the future. This was the only reason why my parents were okay with me doing the surgery lol. So for surgery, I got the incisional, fat removal on my right eye, and inner corner cut so I wouldn't look like a "surprised rabbit". I also asked for very natural eyelids.
In my personal opinion, I don't think there's much of a difference from when I got my stiches out (day 4) to now (day 10). I know it's only been a short time and I shouldn't worry, but I've seen so many posts on here, and people do have a significant difference after the first week. I think i'm just worried cause I'm going back to school on January 5th and right now it's so obvious I got my eyelids done because my eyes are 2x the size they were due to swelling...
Does anyone recommend any tips on how to make the swelling go down a little faster?
Pic of my eyes:IMG_20141205_043524_zpsc112cff9.jpg

closedIMG_20141205_043550_zps105db3f4.jpg

sorry they're so big lol

Guest csuheunc

Hey guys! I just had surgery 3 days ago with Dr. Kenneth Kim. I thought I'd post a little bit about my experience and my progress since this forum has been so helpful for me gearing up for surgery! 
What I had done: incisional double eyelid surgery + ptosis correction
I actually had consultations with 5 different doctors before ultimately choosing Dr. Kim. It's true that he's very pushy and has a vision for your eyes. He insisted that I get ptosis correction at the same time at the double eyelid surgery, which struck me as odd. 4 of the other doctors said that my eyes were asymmetrical and that I could elect to get ptosis correction if I wanted to, but it was up to me whether I wanted to go through with the hassle, risk, and expense. One doctor, Dr. William Chen, was the only oculoplastic surgeon I consulted with, and after doing some tests on my eyes, conclusively stated that I did not need ptosis correction. BUT after thinking about it for MONTHS, I realized that I used my forehead to lift my eyelids all the time. That was probably the cause of all of my tension headaches. Also, while ptosis correction usually means more swelling after surgery, if it means that my eyes would look brighter afterwards, I might as well do it. And let me tell you, I LOVE it. I can open my eyes without using my forehead! It feels wonderful!

The surgery itself was about 2 hours long, and it's true that ptosis surgery hurts like HECK. I knew that going in and I thought I was prepared for it. I was super calm and didn't hurt at all for the first hour of the surgery. The numbing shots felt like nothing, maybe a little pinch. But it took a turn for the worst somewhere during the surgery and I was ready to be like, OK, SEW ME BACK UP. I'M DONE. So yea, be ready for that. Maybe take a little extra valium with you ;)
So now it's Day 3, I've been icing for 20 minutes every 20 minutes, at least when I remember. I didn't swell up as bad as some other people I've seen, but we'll see how it goes later on. Feel free to ask me any questions! And I'll be posting updates with more photos later on in my recovery process. Thanks for everything, Soompi!
Before:15955208526_ee523912f4_m.jpg

15774888710_21a5953d2e_m.jpg

15370323934_814d3cda5a_m.jpg
15858461599_54abcdc64c_m.jpg

15911083918_8af88386ec_m.jpg

15665207734_6bd3ef7c76_m.jpg
^ 6-weeks

Guest mea00

csuheunc: what do you use around your eyes and for the scar for post up care? What did dr told you about post up care? I heard mixed reviews about icing, but it seems to work for you. You look good, and theres barely any swelling. I'll do double eyelids this month too. I already have lids but I wish to make them higher and get parallel lids. Wish you a speedy recovery!