Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest sophielee

I'm currently taking the birth control pill, called gederal and i'm planning to go to Korea this december to get double eyelid surgery. Would I have to stop taking this to prevent any complications? I'm scared it might intefere (cause bloodclots) if I have the surgery done... Does anyone know? Thanks!!
Also, im 18, planning to travel alone, and I only speak english. Anyone know any good doctors?

Guest tiffidol

Hi, i have been a reader for over 3-4 months and i got my surgery done about two months ago. I started noticing that the corner of my right eye started getting loose, and now i cannot see a fold. is this normal for couple months? I am worried because my left eye is not doing that at all. any advise? shoould i go back and get a correction done ( non-incisional) just in the corner? photo 10704856_827262260647140_57280657_n_zps8212ece1.jpg photo 10685303_827262257313807_238174557_n_zps520cb502.jpg
These are some picture the right one looks like the left side since the camera is flipped. 
SORRY THE PICTURES ARE GIGANTIC

Guest xKyuMinx

juchocho said: @xKyuMinx
I'm not sure where you live exactly, but me and my sister did double eyelid surgery.  My sister had very light crease before her surgery and she did the same thing you did and on top of putting the tape, she did the make up... So I am guessing she had lot of worries in her mind too before the surgery.  My sister did hers back in 2011 and I did mine at 2013.  I had light crease, too, but I didn't use the tape because I was lazy to do so and I didn't look as bad, I just looked very tired.  
http:I did mine at Wave in LA by Dr. Ho.  I think she was the only female doctor there and I really liked her personality.  My sister did hers by Dr. Lee back in 2011 though, but I think she likes it.  She still wears heavy eye make up so I can't really tell what she looks like behind it but it looks better than before. I hope this helped you a little.  : D 
Good luck if you are gonna do it and I suggest you don't do it by not famous doctors or infamous ones because I feel its kind of unsafe.. so do your research before! : D
eye_zps7497d4d0.jpg

Guest pinkrainier

Does anyone have any recent experience with Dr. Choe in New York? I feel like I'm reading a lot of mixed reviews. Also not sure if Dr. Kwak is reliable either. 

Guest juchocho

tiffidol said: Hi, i have been a reader for over 3-4 months and i got my surgery done about two months ago. I started noticing that the corner of my right eye started getting loose, and now i cannot see a fold. is this normal for couple months? I am worried because my left eye is not doing that at all. any advise? shoould i go back and get a correction done ( non-incisional) just in the corner? photo 10704856_827262260647140_57280657_n_zps8212ece1.jpg photo 10685303_827262257313807_238174557_n_zps520cb502.jpg
These are some picture the right one looks like the left side since the camera is flipped. 
SORRY THE PICTURES ARE GIGANTIC

Guest annalisa9098

Hey guys. I got my double eyelids done in China about a year ago. They didn't turn out how I originally wanted them to, so I'm going to get revision most likely. They're extremely uneven as well. My main concern is my left eye doesn't open as much as it used to. My right eye still opens fine, but my left eye opens a little less than the right one. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what might be the cause of this and if that's something I can get fixed or if I'll just have to live with it. Thanks!

Guest juchocho

annalisa9098 said: Hey guys. I got my double eyelids done in China about a year ago. They didn't turn out how I originally wanted them to, so I'm going to get revision most likely. They're extremely uneven as well. My main concern is my left eye doesn't open as much as it used to. My right eye still opens fine, but my left eye opens a little less than the right one. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what might be the cause of this and if that's something I can get fixed or if I'll just have to live with it. Thanks!

Guest csuheunc

Hey guys! Quick question here: How long does it take after the surgery for your eyes to look mostly normal?
I know it'll take about 3 months for your eyes to look completely natural, but could I go out in public after 1 month? Will my eyes still be totally swollen after a month? I'm 25 y/o. 
THANK YOU!

Guest www.jenny1998_c8f2

Hi everyone.
So I know this is a place for surgery comments, but I didn't know where to post it so here I am.
I have monolids, but they are uneven. My left eyelid is getting thin and starting to get double lidded, I can easily make a crease when I poke it and and when I get sleepy it becomes double lidded. However my right eye on the other hand, there's more eyelid fat on it so my right eye looks almost lazy. It's not that noticeable, but it is so difficult to wear makeup and eyelid tape doesn't work on it. The double eyelid tape makes the fat like fall out of the tape so I look crazy. Is there any way I can reduce the fat in my right eye without using double eyelid tape? The tape makes my eyelids even fatter and droopier. I know I will be able to make my left eye a permanent crease with tape, but I just don't know what to do with my right eyelid. I don't really want surgery until I think about it more... it seems painful. I will attach a picture of my eyes. Please don't say anything like my eyes are ugly or anything.. I already have low self esteem :/

20141007_183807~21.jpg

Guest juchocho

csuheunc said: Hey guys! Quick question here: How long does it take after the surgery for your eyes to look mostly normal?
I know it'll take about 3 months for your eyes to look completely natural, but could I go out in public after 1 month? Will my eyes still be totally swollen after a month? I'm 25 y/o. 
THANK YOU!

Guest th33nk2ice

Hi everyone,
I think I've been a lurker for almost 7 years now.. and I'm finally going to Korea in January to get my eyes done. I'm concerned about the healing process now that I'm 27 :/.. I won't heal as quickly as you younger people!
But anyway, I was considering LINE clinic, Banobagi, and Regen-- but I read that Regen is overpriced.
So I'm just wondering if you guys had thoughts on LINE and Banobagi. Success stories? Complaints? Please tell me!
I had a friend from Korea tell me that the South Korean locals' popular clinic is called Apgujeong Seoul Plastic Surgery, but they don't even have a site!! Has anyone heard of it?

Guest ilytopgd

has anyone had facial contouring/jaw surgery before? i'm looking to get it done this december but there's not many places on the internet that talk about it. thanks!

Guest happyfish123

Hey guys. I'm getting my eyes done next summer! Anyways, I asked a question earlier in this forum but no one seemed to know the answer. Is there a place in Busan South Korea where they do double eyelid surgery combined with heightening the nose bridge? I am stuck between rhinoplasty and fillers but fillers aren't permanent so I wouldn't want to go back all the way there to redo it every year. Anyways, for a cheap place? Thanks. :)

Guest juchocho

I am not sure about Korea based plastic surgery places, but I heard someone recently died from doing double eyelid and nose surgery in Korea... I think the person died was 19 years old.. so sad ... 

Guest happyfish123

juchocho said: I am not sure about Korea based plastic surgery places, but I heard someone recently died from doing double eyelid and nose surgery in Korea... I think the person died was 19 years old.. so sad ... 

Guest mzcee

pinkrainier said: Does anyone have any recent experience with Dr. Choe in New York? I feel like I'm reading a lot of mixed reviews. Also not sure if Dr. Kwak is reliable either. 

Guest mzcee

starfishnuna said: @EmilyZ - I will be getting mine done by Dr. Edmund Kwan soon!
@gen14 - Thanks for the detailed review! Can you share some before and after pics?

Guest mzcee

EmilyZ said: OK so im planning on scheduling my surgery for this monday with Edward Kwak. Im still kind of curious if Kwak is a good surgeon. Can someone please give me some info about him and his work, I tried googling it but i couldnt find much about him. I just really need some reassurance that im making the right decision here