Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest annalisa9098

Hey guys. I got my double eyelids done in China about a year ago. They didn't turn out how I originally wanted them to, so I'm going to get revision most likely. They're extremely uneven as well. My main concern is my left eye doesn't open as much as it used to. My right eye still opens fine, but my left eye opens a little less than the right one. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what might be the cause of this and if that's something I can get fixed or if I'll just have to live with it. Thanks!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest juchocho

annalisa9098 said: Hey guys. I got my double eyelids done in China about a year ago. They didn't turn out how I originally wanted them to, so I'm going to get revision most likely. They're extremely uneven as well. My main concern is my left eye doesn't open as much as it used to. My right eye still opens fine, but my left eye opens a little less than the right one. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what might be the cause of this and if that's something I can get fixed or if I'll just have to live with it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest csuheunc

Hey guys! Quick question here: How long does it take after the surgery for your eyes to look mostly normal?
I know it'll take about 3 months for your eyes to look completely natural, but could I go out in public after 1 month? Will my eyes still be totally swollen after a month? I'm 25 y/o. 
THANK YOU!

Guest www.jenny1998_c8f2

Hi everyone.
So I know this is a place for surgery comments, but I didn't know where to post it so here I am.
I have monolids, but they are uneven. My left eyelid is getting thin and starting to get double lidded, I can easily make a crease when I poke it and and when I get sleepy it becomes double lidded. However my right eye on the other hand, there's more eyelid fat on it so my right eye looks almost lazy. It's not that noticeable, but it is so difficult to wear makeup and eyelid tape doesn't work on it. The double eyelid tape makes the fat like fall out of the tape so I look crazy. Is there any way I can reduce the fat in my right eye without using double eyelid tape? The tape makes my eyelids even fatter and droopier. I know I will be able to make my left eye a permanent crease with tape, but I just don't know what to do with my right eyelid. I don't really want surgery until I think about it more... it seems painful. I will attach a picture of my eyes. Please don't say anything like my eyes are ugly or anything.. I already have low self esteem :/

20141007_183807~21.jpg

Guest juchocho

csuheunc said: Hey guys! Quick question here: How long does it take after the surgery for your eyes to look mostly normal?
I know it'll take about 3 months for your eyes to look completely natural, but could I go out in public after 1 month? Will my eyes still be totally swollen after a month? I'm 25 y/o. 
THANK YOU!

Guest th33nk2ice

Hi everyone,
I think I've been a lurker for almost 7 years now.. and I'm finally going to Korea in January to get my eyes done. I'm concerned about the healing process now that I'm 27 :/.. I won't heal as quickly as you younger people!
But anyway, I was considering LINE clinic, Banobagi, and Regen-- but I read that Regen is overpriced.
So I'm just wondering if you guys had thoughts on LINE and Banobagi. Success stories? Complaints? Please tell me!
I had a friend from Korea tell me that the South Korean locals' popular clinic is called Apgujeong Seoul Plastic Surgery, but they don't even have a site!! Has anyone heard of it?

Guest ilytopgd

has anyone had facial contouring/jaw surgery before? i'm looking to get it done this december but there's not many places on the internet that talk about it. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest happyfish123

Hey guys. I'm getting my eyes done next summer! Anyways, I asked a question earlier in this forum but no one seemed to know the answer. Is there a place in Busan South Korea where they do double eyelid surgery combined with heightening the nose bridge? I am stuck between rhinoplasty and fillers but fillers aren't permanent so I wouldn't want to go back all the way there to redo it every year. Anyways, for a cheap place? Thanks. :)

Guest juchocho

I am not sure about Korea based plastic surgery places, but I heard someone recently died from doing double eyelid and nose surgery in Korea... I think the person died was 19 years old.. so sad ... 

Guest happyfish123

juchocho said: I am not sure about Korea based plastic surgery places, but I heard someone recently died from doing double eyelid and nose surgery in Korea... I think the person died was 19 years old.. so sad ... 

EmilyZ said: OK so im planning on scheduling my surgery for this monday with Edward Kwak. Im still kind of curious if Kwak is a good surgeon. Can someone please give me some info about him and his work, I tried googling it but i couldnt find much about him. I just really need some reassurance that im making the right decision here

CatherineZ said: Hi everyone! 
I've been considering Dr. Edward Kwak and Dr. Eric Choe in NYC for my double eyelid surgery...
I've heard a lot of good comments about both doctors; however, the recent reviews of Dr. Choe seem to be quite negative. 
If anyone who has done double eyelid surgery with either doctor relatively recently could share their insights, I'd be so thankful! (:
Would you guys recommend that doctor again? Are you still happy with your results awhile after the surgery?

Anyone from the NYC area??! I myself am planning to get eyelid surgery but dont know which doctor to go to? Anyone who had their eyelids surgery done by Dr.Choe, Eric or Dr.Kwak, Edmund ??? Please HELP !!

Anyone??? Does anyone's Eye HURT? My eye gets really sore at the end of the day and there's a generally dull aching pain all day where the muscle was cut.
It feels really tight looking up. I've had this done a few years ago and they said the pain would go away but it has not and I feel it every day. 

Guest insanity4ps

Hey, monica, thank you for sharing your experience! I have a question. Did you only pay $1,300 for partial incision double eyelid surgery and epicanthoplasty? That's ridiculously cheap!! I had researched before I had my eyes done for a while, and I got quoted ranging from 2-3 million won for double eyelid surgery (koren money) and 1-2 million for epicanthoplasty. Anyway, I paid 2.5 million KRW for nonincision double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction (2+0.5). How come were your so cheaper than mine? :(

Guest Luv2916

Anyone going to Korea in December? i would like to have company since I don't know anyone there. I'm planning to get a revision double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction since a surgeon in LA messed up my eyes.