Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Anyone from Toronto that can recommend me a clinic? I was hoping someone has been to Dr. Tong or Dr. Oestreicher. Thanks! 

Guest milkeu

Hi everyone!

Is anyone from the UK?
I'm looking to go to Korea in December this year for the surgery with Teuimps....I've read some alright reviews on here so thank you all.
If anybody can advise some more please contact me in any way please :)

I want to book things in soon to avoid costs getting higher and also meet someone I can share the journey with since going alone isn't ideal.

Thanks!

Hello, i want to ask you all something. After getting double eyelid surgery, after several month/after healing, do you guys can see your scar/incision (i mean when you close your eyes/looking down)? If yes, it would be there forever or gradually fading? Thanks :)

Guest EmilyZ1430294231

my upper lash line is showing after i got my surgery is tht normal? 

my upper lash line is showing after i got my surgery is tht normal? 

yes its very normal. Of course the doctor will throw some of you skin when he did your surgery so that your lashes can be curled up beautifully and your eyes can open more bigger

Guest crystalball00

i am looking to get my double eyelid surgery done in either LA or Korea in December 2014. I am Taiwanese, 26, and have been stalking this thread for years!!! 
i am looking for other girls to do this with! especially Korea because I can't speak Korean at all. :) please message me and we can chat!
much love<3

Guest crystalball00

Also, can anyone suggest doctors in Korea + Los Angeles and the general cost of Incisional + epi procedures?????????????????????????
thank you

Guest ericch

Hello,
We hope this article does not violate the guidelines of this forum. We have just launched a review website for everything of Korea. For example, Korean plastic surgery clinics, hotels, restaurants, tourist places, and others. Please visit our site and share your experience with others. Your review would be appreciated so much. 
Korea Review  
http://koreadirectory.co.kr/

Guest chocolateturtle

Hi guys - I'd like to share my progress from before(1st pict) and now (8 months)http://imgur.com/zif423w
I liked my eyes at the 5th pict which was around 2.5 months haha. Not sure if my eyes will keep changing. 

Guest xKyuMinx

About four years ago, I bought double eyelid tape online and I was super excited so I tried it right away. I left it on for a few hours and then when I took them off, I noticed that my eyelids were sagging a little. I was born with natural double eyelids but they are hidden and very small so I wanted them to be bigger. After I tried the double eyelid tape just for a few days, my eyelids were not the same as before and I was very sad. I think I stopped for a while and then I just decided to use only the y-shaped tool and I push my eyelids in and they usually stay for a day if lucky. some days it doesnt work but now I have to do that every morning and it's really a hassle but i honestly look awful without them now. My eyes are saggy and uneven and puffy. I wish I could get double eyelid surgery but its expensive and I feel like my family wont let me. I just wish there could be a way to get them to stay permanently.

Guest xKyuMinx

My summer vacations are usually around three months. If I get double eyelid surgery in the future, is that enough time for the swelling to go down and for the eyelids to look natural? My eyes are the main part that I would like to get fixed. If I at least have pretty eyes I'll feel more confident about myself. Also, would the double eyelids last for most of my life because i've heard cases where a second surgery was needed.

Guest Dilation_Field

@xKyuMinx. Yes 2-3 months is enough time for your eyelids to appear normal enough, and less swollen. My surgery was 3 years ago in Saigon, Vietnam for $300. Still looks good today. Eyelid tape/glue harms your eyelids, causing premature sagging and more wrinkles in your upper eyelid.

Guest xKyuMinx

@Dilation_Field‌ Oh okay! It's just that during the summer, I work everyday and I'm usually not at home so it would be inconvenient to get the surgery. I only used the tape two or three times and it messed up my lids. I really regret it. I guess that even if I just use the y-shaped tool to make double eyelids, it will still cause more sagging. It stays for a while but often disappears and I'm constantly trying to fix it by using my finger to make the crease. I get really self conscious about it especially during school and I don't know what to do since it's not possible for me to get the surgery now.

Guest juchocho

@xKyuMinx
I'm not sure where you live exactly, but me and my sister did double eyelid surgery.  My sister had very light crease before her surgery and she did the same thing you did and on top of putting the tape, she did the make up... So I am guessing she had lot of worries in her mind too before the surgery.  My sister did hers back in 2011 and I did mine at 2013.  I had light crease, too, but I didn't use the tape because I was lazy to do so and I didn't look as bad, I just looked very tired.  
http:I did mine at Wave in LA by Dr. Ho.  I think she was the only female doctor there and I really liked her personality.  My sister did hers by Dr. Lee back in 2011 though, but I think she likes it.  She still wears heavy eye make up so I can't really tell what she looks like behind it but it looks better than before. I hope this helped you a little.  : D 
Good luck if you are gonna do it and I suggest you don't do it by not famous doctors or infamous ones because I feel its kind of unsafe.. so do your research before! : D
eye_zps7497d4d0.jpg

Guest suhee00

@juchocho Oh wow um.. I dont wanna be mean or anything but your eyes look totally different! Haha that looks amazing.  I live in LA too btw and I see so many plastic surgery advertisements everywhere, but living here for whole my life, I think that place was there for the longest and like other places died out or something.  Nowadays my friends and I talk about Wave and few other places, but I think Wave seems to be the most safe choice out of all.  My mom went there too to remove her eye bags and droopiness of the face, and after she healed up, she seemed so much younger!  I am not sure about the nose surgery there, but I am kind of interested..  I never actually been to any plastic surgery places in general.. do you have any idea how they are about nose surgery?  :D

Guest juchocho

@suhee00
Haha I know right?  They do look different lol.  And I agree with you on the plastic surgery places dying out and all.. but I do think there are too much in LA though.  I think they do nose surgeries good too.  I am not 100% sure though but you can like go there and ask them since it's free to make appointment to talk to one of consultants.  Hope this helped! ^.^

Guest armstrong101

Hey guys, Im a male and Im 18yrs. It has been exactly 25days after my double eyelid surgery. I went with SeoulTouchUp as a referral company as Im a foreigner and came to Korea just for the surgery, and I had no clue about anything. They recommended "ThePlasticSurgery Clinic" (at first.. i was like is the name a joke.... -_-), but the results is VERY PLEASING! the price was around $2500-2800 for a non-incision suture technique. Operation was done by Dr. Kim, my medical coordinator did a great job translating cause the surgeon didn't speak much english. I had double eyelids before, but they weren't very deep-set and sometimes go away depending on my skin condition. I also had uneven eyelids which made my eyes look one bigger and one smaller.Here is the before and after:plOf0xvbefore
qPfuJHcafter
XcQgsHUafter 25daysLet me know what you guys think :)

Guest emma01

neophyte said: Hi everyone! I got my surgery exactly 7 days ago. It was painless and the only hinderance has been blurry vision that's been steadily going away. 
I got it done by a doctor that has has offices in PA/MD. The thing is, he's only in MD once or twice a month, which is where I had it done. He used dissolvable sutures which I read should be removed in 5-7 days to help the scarring. I won't be seeing him until 3 weeks post-op though so I'm a bit concerned. I also want the swelling to go down faster, and I feel like by having the sutures in for that long, the swelling will persist. I can't use warm compresses until after he sees me too... Do you think my recovery process is slowed because he's not in the office that often? Or is this normal for the recovery process? Thank you. :)