Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest SusieC

Is anyone planning to go to Korea 10/25-11/08? 
I am planning on booking flights and would love to meet up with someone who is planning to get surgery done! 

Guest serenab93

aroundtheworld said: Hi @EmilyZ‌, where are you thinking of doing your surgery? I had mine done by Dr. Andrew Choi in Koreatown in LA and have been loving them since then. You can go back to page 521 to read my experience. I highly recommend him.

Guest serenab93

Hi you guys, I have been big follower of this thread and really want to thank everyone that shared their experiences. Finally I will be getting the surgery done. I have already scheduled my surgery this coming Monday, August 4th. Wish me luck! and I will keep you guys updated! 

Guest EmilyZ1430294231

@starfishnunu COOL! Take pics of ur results :)

Guest gen14

When can you start eating sushi after the surgery?! 
Sorry, I really love seafood, and all I can find online is "Don't eat seafood after the surgery."
But my question is.. so WHEN? Lol.. Is it until my eye fully heals? Because then that'll suck, what if my eye takes over a year to settle..... T_T 

Guest browiny

hello everyone! i too have been following this thread for about 2 years. I have used glue for about 2 years and i have started to notice some sagging of my eyelids. My friend, who just got eyelid surgery, told me that using glue could mess up the surgery. I want to get the surgery asap, but i dont know where to go. Does anybody know a good korean doctor in the chicago area??? thanks!!!

Guest sprinklegittler

hey, i want to get double eyelids but does anyone know some good surgeons at Sydney, i have looked online and i found 3 but i dont know which ones better 

Guest gen14

^ you should research online, see their websites, any patient reviews, look at their credentials~ and if you can you should make appointments for consultation and see who you feel most comfortable with! 

Guest EmilyZ1430294231

OK so im planning on scheduling my surgery for this monday with Edward Kwak. Im still kind of curious if Kwak is a good surgeon. Can someone please give me some info about him and his work, I tried googling it but i couldnt find much about him. I just really need some reassurance that im making the right decision here

Guest happyfish123

Hi guys! I am going in grade 12 this year and I will go to Korea to get the surgery next summer. I really want to do rhinoplasty to heighten my nose bridge as well. Do you guys know any place in Busan that does both at once? And how much would it cost?

Guest happyfish123

The sooner you stop with your glue, the better it is! I used glue in the past for 4 years and I stopped a long time ago because I wanted to get the surgery. After a few weeks of not using it, you will notice your eyes getting better and better and the "sagginess" will fade after a while.
browiny said: hello everyone! i too have been following this thread for about 2 years. I have used glue for about 2 years and i have started to notice some sagging of my eyelids. My friend, who just got eyelid surgery, told me that using glue could mess up the surgery. I want to get the surgery asap, but i dont know where to go. Does anybody know a good korean doctor in the chicago area??? thanks!!!

Guest Dilation_Field

Yes, please do NOT use eyelid glue. From personally experience, it did cause the skin around my eyelid to wrinkle more. I used it on 1 eyelid to make it more symmetrical with the other eyelid. GET SURGERY if you are interested in double eyelids. The glue will result in visible wrinkles in ~2 years of using it daily. 

Guest neophyte

Hi everyone! I got my surgery exactly 7 days ago. It was painless and the only hinderance has been blurry vision that's been steadily going away. 
I got it done by a doctor that has has offices in PA/MD. The thing is, he's only in MD once or twice a month, which is where I had it done. He used dissolvable sutures which I read should be removed in 5-7 days to help the scarring. I won't be seeing him until 3 weeks post-op though so I'm a bit concerned. I also want the swelling to go down faster, and I feel like by having the sutures in for that long, the swelling will persist. I can't use warm compresses until after he sees me too... Do you think my recovery process is slowed because he's not in the office that often? Or is this normal for the recovery process? Thank you. :)

Guest starfishnuna

^ Does that mean the total wait time for removal of sutures is 1 month for you? That certainly doesn't sound right. Maybe you should contact your doctor.I got surgery a couple days later than you, and had my sutures removed 4 days later. I realized that right after they were taken out, my eyes seemed to heal much better. Hope all is well with you!

Guest neophyte

starfishnuna said: ^ Does that mean the total wait time for removal of sutures is 1 month for you? That certainly doesn't sound right. Maybe you should contact your doctor.I got surgery a couple days later than you, and had my sutures removed 4 days later. I realized that right after they were taken out, my eyes seemed to heal much better. Hope all is well with you!

Guest starfishnuna

^ Hmm, I'm actually not sure what sutures I had... If it isn't tugging on your skin really hard, then I guess it's not a problem?

gen14 said: ^ you should research online, see their websites, any patient reviews, look at their credentials~ and if you can you should make appointments for consultation and see who you feel most comfortable with! 

Also. Check your inbox please Gen14
AllieS said: gen14 said: ^ you should research online, see their websites, any patient reviews, look at their credentials~ and if you can you should make appointments for consultation and see who you feel most comfortable with!