Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest Stellabear1234

Also, after your surgery, they tell you to practice only moving your eyes and not using your forhead. Can someone tell me the purpose of this and what if you dont do this.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest bonsaitea

Also, after your surgery, they tell you to practice only moving your eyes and not using your forhead. Can someone tell me the purpose of this and what if you dont do this.

I think you move your eyes so that the scar area can stretch? So the final product after you are completely healed isn't stiff and you can sleep with your eyes closed all the way. But moving your forehead might put too much straight on the scar/skin since it is pulling on your eyelids stronger than it would be if you were to just open and close your lids.

Guest mikaila229

When the doctor tells you to do so, it means that you had ptosis before the surgery. To correct ptosis, the doctor would have to excise a part of your weak eye muscle, therefore after the surgery, you should practice opening your eyes big to strengthen the eye muscle. If you move your eyes by using your forehead then you're not practicing the eye muscle so it's no good. Besides, you may get premature winkles using forehead. ^^

Guest pacific_blue

Here is me on my 11th day

REMOVED PHOTOS I'M SORRY!!!!

I know that I post random pictures every once in a while of the progress of my eyes so it's all scattered D: But I will make a post summing it all up once it seems to be mostly healed up

Slowly but surely, the swelling is going down so I'm feeling less paranoid about my eyelids being made too high hahah

It didn't swell too much at the start, and went down fast within the first 3 days, but then hasn't been going down much since then so I started worrying x_x

I have scabs forming on my eyelids now D: How long will it take it fall off on their own? hahah I'll be tempted to scratch them off

Guest KKoala

*quoted image*

I know that I post random pictures every once in a while of the progress of my eyes so it's all scattered D: But I will make a post summing it all up once it seems to be mostly healed up

Slowly but surely, the swelling is going down so I'm feeling less paranoid about my eyelids being made too high hahah

It didn't swell too much at the start, and went down fast within the first 3 days, but then hasn't been going down much since then so I started worrying x_x

I have scabs forming on my eyelids now D: How long will it take it fall off on their own? hahah I'll be tempted to scratch them off

Yours came out so pretty! I'm jealous. I still have scabs after five days :/ idk

Guest vabeauties

hi everyone, i would like to know if anyone knows about real cosmetic , vip, teuim, bandoeyes, or dream clinic to do good eyelid surgery?  Pls let me know.  Thanksssssssssssssssssss

Guest vabeauties

*quoted image*

prettty eyes

*quoted image*

oh man, I've said this many times already, but I really like your eyes!

Guest Stellabear1234

ugh my eyes are so unsymmetrical, one eye looks deeper and higher and the other looks like a sausage and both pretty red. I have to go back to work in a week too. Dr Choe said when they are healed you will hardly notice the unsymmetry but at this stage its hard to believe.

eyes.jpg

Guest shirley_swirly

ugh my eyes are so unsymmetrical, one eye looks deeper and higher and the other looks like a sausage and both pretty red. I have to go back to work in a week too. Dr Choe said when they are healed you will hardly notice the unsymmetry but at this stage its hard to believe.

*quoted image*

your eyes look great and the assymmetry isn't that bad either. I dont see what you're complaining about, it's way too early to tell at this stage, your eyes are still very very bruised, wait for a month at least.

how long since the surgery was this picture taken?

Guest Stellabear1234

Thanks but I feel like I look like a zombie from thriller. Its the morning of the 5th day. Just feel like crap right now. I think I might get bangs to try and hide it, plus i wear glasses so that helps I guess.

Thanks but I feel like I look like a zombie from thriller. Its the morning of the 5th day. Just feel like crap right now. I think I might get bangs to try and hide it, plus i wear glasses so that helps I guess.

Have you gotten your stitches out yet? You may see significant improvement once they are removed?

Guest Stellabear1234

Im going to see Dr Choe today, If the stitches are dissolvable do they still take them out? He uses really thin clear thread, You can't even see them. Glad its a sunny day, I can wear my hat and sunglasses out.

Im going to see Dr Choe today, If the stitches are dissolvable do they still take them out? He uses really thin clear thread, You can't even see them. Glad its a sunny day, I can wear my hat and sunglasses out.

Hey, it's wayyyy too early to tell. You can't really make any assumptions for at least two-three months~ Try to hang in there~

From what I see, they look like they're going to turn out great.

Also, I don't think they take out dissolvable stitches... I've never heard of that, but what do I know~ haha =P

What was the cost of the revision?

On a side note,

I definitely regret getting my surgery done here. I can't wait to go to Korea, and hopefully all this will be over!! =(

Hey, it's wayyyy too early to tell. You can't really make any assumptions for at least two-three months~ Try to hang in there~

From what I see, they look like they're going to turn out great.

Also, I don't think they take out dissolvable stitches... I've never heard of that, but what do I know~ haha =P

What was the cost of the revision?

On a side note,

I definitely regret getting my surgery done here. I can't wait to go to Korea, and hopefully all this will be over!! =(

SammyCouture- where is here? The US?

Guest Stellabear1234

I dunno, I think he pulled the skin much tighter in my left eye, that was the smaller eye to begin with. The other eye wasnt pulled so tight and the swelling kinda bubbles out where the other eye kinda looks tight and sucked it more. I really like Dr Choe and want to trust his surgical skills but right now I'm regretting getting any surgery.

Sammy- whats wrong with your eyes? Can you send me a picture with both eyes.

Well if the results dont pan out I guess i'll end up going to Korea as well.

I paid $4K for revision

Guest Stellabear1234

Also, they said no cold or warm compresses after the first day but doesnt warm compresses help with the bruising? My first surgery I had to do cold compresses for a 3 days and then warm compresses.

Guest shirley_swirly

I dunno, I think he pulled the skin much tighter in my left eye, that was the smaller eye to begin with. The other eye wasnt pulled so tight and the swelling kinda bubbles out where the other eye kinda looks tight and sucked it more. I really like Dr Choe and want to trust his surgical skills but right now I'm regretting getting any surgery.

Sammy- whats wrong with your eyes? Can you send me a picture with both eyes.

Well if the results dont pan out I guess i'll end up going to Korea as well.

I paid $4K for revision

you worry too much, how can you regret it if you don't even know what the end results look like. Like I said, wait a month, it's wayyyy too early to worry about anything. Don't do any guess work at this stage and scare yourself, since you're not the doctor.

Guest Stellabear1234

Yea I know, Im def a worry wart, I'm just more scared about going back to work. I would be more ok of my left eye looked like my right out. I just hope the symmetry gets better than worse.