Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest SophiaSan

^ Hey, maybe I could try that. Where do they usually sell eyelid tape/glue? Thank you.

i bought mine a japanese super market xD

you can try a japanese super market or korean im pretty sure they have it there!

and if not try looking in the selling and trading section

xD

yeah i can see the tape sagging your eyes! sometimes they dont even stay :(

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest soyeonn

It does, but not a lot. I used the tape and I had it on all the time when I wasn't out, after 2-3 weeks, I had a natural fold, about 2-3 weeks after that, it "sagged" again and I just wore the tape for two whole days, it's been nearly a month and the fold's still there. :] Although, now the fold that the tape made is larger than my natural one because I made it too big. Haha. ( Yes, my eyes were uneven, one double and one single. )

i wasn't referring to whether or not the crease stays or for how long it stays. the tape/glue stretches out the skin. although this may not have immediate side effects, when your like ~40+ the skin above your eye will have multiple (and unpleasant-looking) creases and wil sag like cuhrazy.

Guest dolcevita

Hello! I have a few questions about double eyelid surgery, or actually more about canthoplasty (?)

1. I heard that canthoplasty (lateral) is not effective, and I'm unsure why they offer it as an option for $600-700?

I'm thinking about getting canthoplasty, not the medial canthoplasty because I'm pretty sure it'll make my eyes too close together in the middle. My eyes go up at the end of my eyes (I hope this makes sense) and it would be nice to have an incision made to make it look more "straight" and not slanted upward.

Has anyone done the canthoplasty (lateral?) who has before and after pictures and information? (I searched through all of the posts, I might have missed it sorry)

2. What clinics are known to do procedures on Korean stars? I heard of BK and OZ so far, I'm not sure if they did surgery on stars though. Are there any other clinics out there in Korea that are famous for doing surgery on Korean stars?

I think those are my only questions ^^ Thanks to whoever reads this and replies and thanks to everyone who posted their experiences and pictures, it really helped a lot!

Guest MONICA

Hello! I have a few questions about double eyelid surgery, or actually more about canthoplasty (?)

1. I heard that canthoplasty (lateral) is not effective, and I'm unsure why they offer it as an option for $600-700?

I'm thinking about getting canthoplasty, not the medial canthoplasty because I'm pretty sure it'll make my eyes too close together in the middle. My eyes go up at the end of my eyes (I hope this makes sense) and it would be nice to have an incision made to make it look more "straight" and not slanted upward.

Has anyone done the canthoplasty (lateral?) who has before and after pictures and information? (I searched through all of the posts, I might have missed it sorry)

2. What clinics are known to do procedures on Korean stars? I heard of BK and OZ so far, I'm not sure if they did surgery on stars though. Are there any other clinics out there in Korea that are famous for doing surgery on Korean stars?

I think those are my only questions ^^ Thanks to whoever reads this and replies and thanks to everyone who posted their experiences and pictures, it really helped a lot!

1. they offer it as an option because there are people who actually need it for like medical reasons. i don't know if getting it will make your eyes look straighter, that's something you should ask the doctor. if you go to the oz website there is a before and after picture of the lateral canthoplasty, but i don't know if you can really tell the effect of it since the person also had the double eyelid surgery done.

2. ive read and heard that bk and oz had celebrity clients, but no one can know for sure. reputable, good places will not disclose on who their patients are due to confidentiality. if the place do claims to have had specific celebrity clients, then i wouldn't go there because they're not respecting the confidentiatliy that all doctors must follow, but of course that is my own personal opinion and decision that i would choose to follow if it ever happened to me.

ooo i really want it....my eyes are sooo small.... can anyone give me the site for OZ and BK?

and i heard there was another type of eye surgery that makes the eyes bigger by cutting around it or something (it opens wider).... is there one?

Guest JAMIESMYNAMIE

MY SURGERY EXPERIENCE

for lack of a better title.. :P

BASIC INFO:

+ I got my surgery done at BK

+ Price = $2400

+ I got full incision, which was done to fix my "droopy-eye"

+ reason for surgery: i never minded the size of my eyes, but it was mostly because MAKEUP was such a drag to use. (see in the pictures below) and because the eye fat always hung over my eyelashes.

PRE-CONSULTATION:

I called a few weeks before hand to make an appointment. Since we were only going to be in Korea for 10 days, I didn't have the choice but to make the consultation and surgery on the same day. There was a $100 deposit required.

P1010865.jpg

P1010864.jpg

P1010539.jpg

with makeup

icon.png

without makeup

iloveyou.gif

random picture.. with makeup

Picture4-1.jpg

just to show how much eyeliner i had to use DAILY

CONSULTATION:

I went into the consultation with my mom because I can't speak Korean very well, and I told him that when I walked in. The doctor (we requested the main doctor at BK) sort of ignored that comment and continued to speak Korean to my mom, which made me feel uncomfortable. He simply asked us what I wanted, and my mom said, natural, not too big. After doing an eyebrow test, he told me I needed full-incision because of a muscle dysfunction. He immediately drew a line on my eyes (the most painful part of the whole experience) and used metal things to see how it would look. HOWEVER, he did not even offer me a chance to look at what it would look like. After redrawing the lines a few times, he was finished. The consultation was over before I knew it, and I didn't have much of an idea of what the finished eye would look like.

Do not be alarmed, however, because BK performs tons of surgeries, and so doctors don't have the time to explain every little thing about the surgery. After the consultation, a really nice nurse sat with me and explained everything, answered all my questions, and showed me example pictures, before my surgery.

EYEBROW TEST:

This simple test can show whether you need full-incision or not. (Of course, your doctor will be the official and final say, but this way, you can at least have an idea)

Close your eyes, and then using your hand, pull your eyebrows up as far as they can go.

Open your eyes. If ssangapul forms, you probably will not need full incision, if ssangapul does NOT form, continue to step 2.

Step 2: Close your eyes, and then using your hand, pull your eyebrows down as far as they can go. Open your eyes. Again, if ssangapul forms, you may not need full incision. If it does not form, you probably have something called "droopy-eye" or "sleepy-eye" which means that the muscle that controls your double eyelid is not working correctly.

SURGERY:

The surgery was about 30-40 minutes, but it felt like 2 minutes to me. I laid on the bed, they gave me a shot without warning into my arm, and I really don't remember the rest. I vaguely remember hearing a male doctor voice saying "open your eyes" and "close your eyes," but I'm not sure if I just imagined that. I don't know how, but I ended up on a bed with a BK icepack on my eyes.

(Sorry for the lack of details, but I really don't remember much at all. It was COMPLETELY painless, and very quick.)

AFTER SURGERY:

I went home and fell asleep, maybe because of the drugs or maybe because of jetlag. After I woke up, that was the peak of my swelling, as shown in the picture. The peak of swelling is supposed to be the next morning. After that, it got better everyday.

P1010901.jpg

1 day after surgery - the swelling is gross, I know.

The rest of the pictures are 10 days after surgery.

P1020036.jpg

P1020037.jpg

Picture58.jpg

haha closed eye.. i look stupid here.

Picture60.jpg

Picture57.jpg

see the fold

P1020041.jpg

Overall, I'm really glad I got it. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but my eyes look a lot better now.

I recommend BK because they are experienced and you can trust them for a quality job, even if the doctors are a little impersonal.

Oh and my eyes are STILL swollen.. it will take a few months to "settle."

But people have already commented that it looks natural.

Haha and sorry for such a long post.

Guest dolcevita

1. they offer it as an option because there are people who actually need it for like medical reasons. i don't know if getting it will make your eyes look straighter, that's something you should ask the doctor. if you go to the oz website there is a before and after picture of the lateral canthoplasty, but i don't know if you can really tell the effect of it since the person also had the double eyelid surgery done.

2. ive read and heard that bk and oz had celebrity clients, but no one can know for sure. reputable, good places will not disclose on who their patients are due to confidentiality. if the place do claims to have had specific celebrity clients, then i wouldn't go there because they're not respecting the confidentiatliy that all doctors must follow, but of course that is my own personal opinion and decision that i would choose to follow if it ever happened to me.

thanks for your help/reply and thanks to everyone who's posted here!! :)

Guest Aestas

wow, jamie! your eyes look fab! very natural and its not even fully healed yet. you should post another pic a month or two from now.

thanks for the test too... my eyes need full incision... *sigh*.

Guest ant!bacterial

I have a question for you guys, but I honestly do NOT tend to offend ANYONE whatsoever. All I want to know is your opinion. I don't want any debate, disagreement, blahblahablah. I just want to know how you feel about it.

For those of you who are Christian or another religious background;

(I am Christian myself)

Did you guys feel any ...discomfort or embarassment that you guys were altering the way you are? Some people say this surgery is non-religious and it's a sin. But I was talking to some people and they don't think that way o_o. At first I thought it would be bad and God would be disappointed, but as more and more people started to do it, I'm kind of thinking that this isn't as "un-holy" at all.

Just want to know your guys' opinion--I don't intend on any offending.

Thanks (: <3.

Guest MONICA

I have a question for you guys, but I honestly do NOT tend to offend ANYONE whatsoever. All I want to know is your opinion. I don't want any debate, disagreement, blahblahablah. I just want to know how you feel about it.

For those of you who are Christian or another religious background;

(I am Christian myself)

Did you guys feel any ...discomfort or embarassment that you guys were altering the way you are? Some people say this surgery is non-religious and it's a sin. But I was talking to some people and they don't think that way o_o. At first I thought it would be bad and God would be disappointed, but as more and more people started to do it, I'm kind of thinking that this isn't as "un-holy" at all.

Just want to know your guys' opinion--I don't intend on any offending.

Thanks (: <3.

i'm also christian. in the beginning i was really doubting getting the surgery because of this, but i guess i got numb [?] to it since other girls at my church were doing it. but i don't know...it's jsut something i wanted to do for myself.

Guest murrkoh*

^ yea..

i'm christian as well...

but i don't really feel any discomfort..to me, its like getting braces...haha

btw. what difference does it make if you cut the corner of your eyes?

what does it do? can someone explain to me?

Guest MONICA

^ yea..

i'm christian as well...

but i don't really feel any discomfort..to me, its like getting braces...haha

btw. what difference does it make if you cut the corner of your eyes?

what does it do? can someone explain to me?

it elongates the eyes so that when you get the double eyelid. it makes it look less dap dap hae...i cant really explain in english. ahha. i guess it just opens up your eyes more.

Guest hanhniee

well, my eyelid surgery was about 1300 and they told me the nose surgery wouldve been 1500. if you do it at the same time they actually give you a "discount" or something because they dont have to prepare for two surgeries, and it's just one. but different people have different circumstances so it could get more costly. i wouldn't think any more than 5000 is needed.

Wow, it would only cost about $3000 for both the double eye lid and a nose surgery? Is it trustworthy for the nose surgery there? I was reading through and it seems that the OZ Clinic gave the shots in the eyelids, but BK gave shots in the arm. Could we request a shot in the arm at the OZ Clinic?

Guest Freshh

what's BK and OZ? is it better to have the surgery in korea since there are more people in korea who have pastic surgery than america so i guess they are more experience? i'm also none korean so i can't speak a word of korean..