Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest psique

Ah, my sister got double eyelid surgery done two summers ago. When she first came back home, I was terrified (sorry, unni). I guess it was because I wasn't used to seeing her eyes so... big. For a while, her eyes were pretty swollen, but now her eyes are nice and pretty and the scars are hardly there. The scars are only a little more definite than normal eyelid creases (?), but they look natural.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest MONICA

really??? i was thinkin along the lines of like $10,000

well, my eyelid surgery was about 1300 and they told me the nose surgery wouldve been 1500. if you do it at the same time they actually give you a "discount" or something because they dont have to prepare for two surgeries, and it's just one. but different people have different circumstances so it could get more costly. i wouldn't think any more than 5000 is needed.

Guest murrkoh*

i'm sure a lot of people got it done over the summer...

they should post pix...

one of my friends just recently got it done and everyone's telling me that its real nice. maybe i can post it

Guest deportedkorean

blech...i've been putting it off for 2 years...i'm getting it next summer...blah.

but i'm starting to change my mind...i either want to get my eyes done...or my nose...either one...but these days, i'm thinking my nose needs more...work. i'm starting to be more "ok" with my eyes...except i cant put any makeup on...otherwise i look like a clown.

Guest PinK_Hart X

wow everyone's surgury turned out nice! sooo pretty!! I have thick single lids and my eyes are really small, I look like I am tired all the time. My parents would not support my decision to get my eyes done so I wouldn't be able to afford this without my parents help...I might still consider it in couple of years when i have my own money...So envious of u guys who have beautiful double eyelids!!!

Guest tuesday

all the surgeries turned out really really nice!

is there anyone that didn't get it in Korea?

blech...i've been putting it off for 2 years...i'm getting it next summer...blah.

but i'm starting to change my mind...i either want to get my eyes done...or my nose...either one...but these days, i'm thinking my nose needs more...work. i'm starting to be more "ok" with my eyes...except i cant put any makeup on...otherwise i look like a clown.

i personally don't think you need the surgery.

I saw your myspace pictures(i'm a stalker :phew:), your eyes are adorable!

they complement your face great

Guest SophiaSan

GUESS WHO GOT THE SURGERY!?!

I'm just kidding, but yeah before you get the surgery I really suggest trying out the tape or the glue!

I used ithe glue and somehow my fold STAYED! Like it actually stayed for 2 days! So I guess the more I use it, the more my eye lids will get use to it? And when I'm at home I use the tape ( kinda weird going out with tape in your eye). xD But yeah here are pics pics

1155376334727882_P1120827.jpg

ignore the bags...

1155838751996994_P1120803.jpg

no make up xD

1155838751997812_P1120898.jpg

with make up, circle lenses, mascara to make my eyes look more bigg. Hhahaha I kinda messed up on the glue so you can really see it!

19ja.jpg

no glue, no tape, no fold no nothing xD

but yeah!

this is what i use, I don't use Eye Talk but I want to try that one.

P1120799.jpg

P1120800.jpg

P1120801.jpg

i didn't realize that the poking stick thingy hurted so bad!!! xD I was crying because like the stick, poking into your eyelid is like OUCH!

Guest lenakeem

my friend got surgury.. and it didnt turn out very good. it was like an inch above her eye o_O

i have natural double eyelids... but my mom said i need to lose weight in order for them to come out -_- ... iono if shes telling hte truth or not. but if i put on tape for one night while im sleeping and take them off in the mourning they stay for about 3 days :]

Guest minazzang

^ but can't they like fix it when you get surgery?

According to the doctor, it makes surgery more difficult.

and it also makes it harder for them to make the lines look nice and natural. :]

Guest hunny~bunny

my friend got surgury.. and it didnt turn out very good. it was like an inch above her eye o_O

ooh not good. i bet she wanted to make big and noticeable creases. asians look better with smaller creases =/

Guest dulcet.

tape/glue = bad.

because it stretches out the skin.

It does, but not a lot. I used the tape and I had it on all the time when I wasn't out, after 2-3 weeks, I had a natural fold, about 2-3 weeks after that, it "sagged" again and I just wore the tape for two whole days, it's been nearly a month and the fold's still there. :] Although, now the fold that the tape made is larger than my natural one because I made it too big. Haha. ( Yes, my eyes were uneven, one double and one single. )

Guest haewonx

I'm having it done, but b/c of how advanced this "simple surgery" has become, the actual knifework is the least of my worries. Actually, my biggest concern is with walking away. When you leave the hospital, or even just the recovery room, do people notice that you just had ssangkapul surgery? I mean, if you're leaving with sunglasses on, how much more conspicuous can it get? I guess if I`m planning to even have the surgery, this should be the least of my worries of people talking, but still.

How was leaving the hospital? Do people nudge and point?

Guest MONICA

I'm having it done, but b/c of how advanced this "simple surgery" has become, the actual knifework is the least of my worries. Actually, my biggest concern is with walking away. When you leave the hospital, or even just the recovery room, do people notice that you just had ssangkapul surgery? I mean, if you're leaving with sunglasses on, how much more conspicuous can it get? I guess if I`m planning to even have the surgery, this should be the least of my worries of people talking, but still.

How was leaving the hospital? Do people nudge and point?

i went to this little cart that sells dduk book kki right in front of the office and she didn't know at all until my mom told her - -+ and my sunglasses were like not that dark