Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest singerchick

hehe aw thanks =) i have before pics if you look through the pages but i know its freaking 22 pages so ill post up before pictures. i would definitely recommend a doctor in korea more than a doctor in america just because they performed on pretty much thousasands of people and know exactly what they're doing. not saying they dont here in the states, but the decision is totally up to you.

The problem with me is that I'm not korean, so I don't think it would make sense for me to fly to korea to just get my eyes done you know? Like my mom wouldn't want to spend all that money on the air plane tickets, however, I have yet to see any one in Cali that does as great a job as Korean doctors do. POOEy.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest MCYOO<3

DSC04373.jpg

I need some advice =] tell me what you guys think, i dont have

ssangapuel, but i have like, REALLYREALLY small sokssangapuel, it's

hardly noticable

but yeah, i just watned to see what other people think...cause i've

been thinking about maybe getting ssangapuel surgery, but i'm

not totally sure..

Guest beautifulfriend

hi, i just have a real quick question on the eyelid tapes.

I've heard from many people that eyelid tapes are actually bad for your eyelids, making them more droopy and such. However, two of my friends have been using the tape for a few months (not sure of the actual length of time...) and they both got ssangkapool. But I think the ssangkapool is more of the sokssangkapool?

But in any case, could anybody clarify the reason why that happens to some people? Is it because they cut the tape to fit their eye better?

Guest wish4or

tape hurts. well it left me a little rash on my left eye.

Both me and my friend bought some eye tap to test them out.

and..it was sooo hard to use. i couldnt get both sides to be even looking.ahha

by the time i finally got both sides to look even. i wasted most of the eye tape.

i left it on for a day then when i took it off i notice i had a small rash at my left eye where the tape was at.

It was where the fold was.

scary..i'm not touching that thing agian..

Guest m a t e r i a l * g i r l

DSC04373.jpg

hardly noticable

not totally sure..

you're so cute! if you wear eyeliner and mascara or wear fake eyelashes, you'd look pretty since ur eyes are already kinda big.

but if you get the surgery done i think it would look the prettiest

Guest TheWeatherGirl

hey everyone!

i was also one who was interested in getting sanggapul soosool too and always visited this thread...... but now i can say i have done it! i got it done liek thursday morning around 9:30-10ish in tha morning in LA... i will post more pictures but i cant right now cause my eyes are liek half closed and i dont have the patience.. lol.......but somehow i feel a little sad and nervous but excited and can't wait for it to heal!

one of my friends had this operation done on her, and the first time i saw her, she looked very different. For a while, i wasn't able to recognize her.

Did your friends also had the same reaction? I mean, i don't have anything against her doing the operation, it's her choice and even when i think she is already pretty, she did look prettier now, but she looked different. Does having the double eyelid procedure changed most of your appearance? It may be just a little thing, but... with my friend, i really think she looked way different.

Guest rachellee39

hehe aw thanks =) i have before pics if you look through the pages but i know its freaking 22 pages so ill post up before pictures. i would definitely recommend a doctor in korea more than a doctor in america just because they performed on pretty much thousasands of people and know exactly what they're doing. not saying they dont here in the states, but the decision is totally up to you.

and to centrestage, you cut the inner eyelids to make your overall appearance better when you have a double eyelid. it also makes ur eye look bigger. some people might not need it, or even look worse with it cut, so its up to ur doctor to do it or not, which is why its SO important to have a really good doc. when you get it cut, its gonna make the space between ur eyes hella small and its gonna look akward the first 2-3ish weeks, but its gonna be worth it 2-3 months later when it looks really natural and pretty.

its funny how i relied on this thread to get answers and ask millions of questions and didnt know anything before surgery, but know all this crap afterward.

thanks lucky seven and hunny bunny! :)

DSC04373.jpg

hardly noticable

not totally sure..

Your eyes look big in the picture, but then again you're opening your eyes really wide? SO I'm thinking that it's not really that big... Maybe get it done if you want >_<

Guest yuri fufu

Alright I'm going to share my surgery experience with everyone. But it's very similar to all the other people here except I had mine done in Shanghai, China and it cost me about 400 AUD$ only. The surgeon had been taught by some Korean surgeons, she wasn't famous or anything but the place that I had it done was famous in Shanghai for its surgeries. But yerr, whatever. Moving on.

BEFORE THE SURGERY

My mum took me to the place so we could scope things out. I wasn't actually meant to have it done on the day but all the nurses there were very friendly and they convinced me to have to done since I was there anyway and the surgery only will take about 30 mins to an hour long.

There was a door from the administration area and I had to change into slippers. I was wearing make-up on that day so one of the nurses helped me removed my eye make-up. There was a waiting area with a couch outside the surgery rooms and I waited there as they injected something into me to lessen the pain for the surgery (it wasn't anesthetic though, I can't remember what it was).

After a while my surgeon came out and greeted me. I was hella nervous and her confidence and laid back attitude calmed me down a bit. She explained to me that double eyelid surgery was one of the most minute and uncomplicated of cosmetic surgeries and then she led me into the surgery room.

DURING THE SURGERY

I lied down on the surgery table, bed thing and the nurse injected anesthetic into my eyes. Two each at the inner corner and outer corners. I did not fall asleep throughout the whole course of the surgery.

I had to have liposuction done on my eyelids because I had too much fat there and THAT HURT LIKE CRAP. The feeling was swollen and it felt like my eyelids were about to burst and it was not a kind of pain that anesthetic could prevent.

I could felt scissors sniping and picking at my eyelids. Sometimes it was uncomfortable but because I was so nervous, I was feeling discomfort throughout the whole process. At times my surgeon would ask me to open my eyes so she could check if everything was alright.

Apparently she screwed one of my eyes up and had to go back to re-do it, lol. But afterwards she said "much better" so I guess everything worked out in the end.

AFTER THE SURGERY

I can't remember much but I was feeling extremely drowsy but I was allowed to go home and sleep. I was given pills and some solution that I had to clean my eyes with because I wasn't allowed to wash my hair or face (YUCK) for a week.

The first 3 days after the surgery was miserable because all I wanted to do was sleep and I didn't want to see myself in the mirror because I looked like a monster with my swollen eye sockets. But I recovered in about a week.

I had my surgery last September-ish so it's almost been a year. Most people can't tell I've had surgery so I guess it was pretty successful. My eyes did not become ridiculously large but it's much more convenient for putting on make-up.

PICTURES

Sorry, I do not have very good before photos but this was what my eyes looked like before the surgery with UBER eyeliner etc.

before.jpg

This is now, without make up.

IMG_2278.jpg

This is my right eye. Sorry my camera ran out of batteries before I could take a picture of my left eye, LOL.

IMG_2280.jpg

And this is me now with make-up.

IMG_1943WinCE.jpg

Sorry, it's not a very good picture of my eyes so I'll post more clear ones later! If you have any other questions relating to my surgery, feel free to ask me. I'll try my best to answer everyone.

Guest efflorescence

^ OMGOSH! WHERE N SHANGHAI?

Can you please tell me the location and name and hopefully their website (if they have one..)

Sorry I'm just so excited because your surgery turned out so well, and so cheap too!

Also, are they reputable?

Guest yuri fufu

I'm not sure if they have a website.

But the place is called HUA AN and it's on Nan Jing Road next to Xing Shi Jie shopping centre. It's quite reputable yes.