Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest minazzang

My friends that got it done at BK tell me that the shots on their eyelids didnt hurt AT ALL. Am i missing out on something?? B/c everyone in this thread is saying how much the shots on the eyelids hurt..

but then again.. I think BK uses local and sedation.. so you are half asleep during the process. haha.. my friend told me the whole procedure felt like it was 10 minutes.. when it was really 40-50 minutes.

but yeah..For those that went to oz, were u fully awake for the whole thing??

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest hunny~bunny

your eyes came out sooo NICE :D

oh yea, did you get incision or non-incision?

oopsy daisy. i forgot to say that. i must be monica's voodoo doll. i got partial incisison too. and thanks =)

and to minazzang, yea i was awake for the whole thing but it didnt seem that long to me either even though it was like 40 minutes. i dont know if its a good thing or bad that you're half asleep for the operation cause the doctors supposed to tell you to open your eyes like every 7-10 minutes. well with me that was the case

Guest MONICA

My friends that got it done at BK tell me that the shots on their eyelids didnt hurt AT ALL. Am i missing out on something?? B/c everyone in this thread is saying how much the shots on the eyelids hurt..

but then again.. I think BK uses local and sedation.. so you are half asleep during the process. haha.. my friend told me the whole procedure felt like it was 10 minutes.. when it was really 40-50 minutes.

yeah, fully awake for oz. bk probably does the IV thing to sedate first, and apparently a lot of places do that. at oz, he made me open my eyes a few times and i also had to sit up a few times so he could look at me face to face.

Guest hunny~bunny

i think for hers, you can't really see it because of her eyeliner. if she didnt put it on, i'm sure you would be able to see it better.

yours came out realllllllly good! and i strained my left eye too so it was more swollen than my right, just like you haha.

thanks =) i feel so thankful towards you cause i saw ur eye and decided to go to the clinic u went to and i think that was the best decision i made. but one question, you know that "short space" between my eyes? how long did that last until it was completely normal again? gosh i dont like it too much :(

Guest m a t e r i a l * g i r l

yeah, fully awake for oz. bk probably does the IV thing to sedate first, and apparently a lot of places do that. at oz, he made me open my eyes a few times and i also had to sit up a few times so he could look at me face to face.

i think at most korean places (in korea), they use numbing cream then give you the shot. so you can't really feel the needle.

Guest m a t e r i a l * g i r l

ur eyes aren't that big..

^haha i know right...

well i have like a problematic eye.. there are eyelids but theyr'es 2 lines... ones a sok sang ka pul and ones a normal double eyelid. but whenever i'm tired or i just wake up the 2nd eyelid (the one thats a double-eyelid line) dissapears then appears later in the day. i hate it so much, i want it permanantly adjusted. also my eyes are kinda small in size so i wanted the ap-te-im or duit te im/ or both done too. (thats where they cut the front and back tails of ur eye to make it longer)

anybody have it done already? whats it like & where did u go...? (places in korea)

edit- and how much $ did u pay lol

I saw the braces comment richard simmons lol..and unless your teeth are somehow killing you and you NEED them then no its not because you're insecure =)

if you want pretty teeth it is being insecure about your teeth its not really a big deal ok its just my opinion if you don't like it.. thats really too damn bad :)

oh and I'm bitter because I have an opinion about someone making un-natural creases on your eyelid? ok lol

wow.. .ppl dont get braces cus they're insecure. if they have money to afford it and they like to keep their teeth clean looking and organized then they get braces. so i guess u dont get braces, bas on ppl who got eye surgery, and woudlnt even wear make-up cus ur so perrrrrrfect looking?

u must look like this :crazy:

at least be nice if u're ugly

Guest MONICA

i think at most korean places (in korea), they use numbing cream then give you the shot. so you can't really feel the needle.

hm. ive never heard anyone saying they got numbing cream, and i highly doubt they use it. everyone ive spoken to and read about either got the shots directly in their eye, or got an IV started.

Guest LUCKY SE7EN

hm. ive never heard anyone saying they got numbing cream, and i highly doubt they use it. everyone ive spoken to and read about either got the shots directly in their eye, or got an IV started.

i got both the cream & a shot in my eyelid area

the shot hurt like a bitc.h

Guest JAMIESMYNAMIE

AH omg i got my eyes done yesterday at BK. my eyes are pretty swollen, but i'll write more about the whole thing and post pictures a little later. i promisee...

anyways, yeah at BK they put a shot in my arm and the procedure literally felt like 2 minutes ..

i didn't feel a thing.

but again, i'll write more later... :)

Guest singerchick

For those who got the sides of their eyes cut, did you ask the doctor to do it, or did the doctor reccomend it?

Also if you get it done in say like California, do they know how to do the same thing, or is it like a Korean Surgeon thing?

Hunny Bunny Your eyes turned out really nice! do you have before pics and did you get fat removed?

Guest lovedove

to LOVEDOVE,

when you got your inner eye cut did you go to korea? cause I wanna get it done too but I got my eyes done in NY and my docter recommends me getting it next summer after my eyelids are completely healed and everything? Oooooooo this is stupid but would you have pics of how your inner eyes got cut? like before and afters? thanks :D

Yeah i got my inner eye cut in Korea. I don't know if you necessarily have to get it done in Korea but just be careful where you get it done because getting your inner eye cut leaves a scar if its not done well. :D

lovedove: how exactly were the places "shady"?

Some places, you can tell that they just want the money or dont know what theyre doing. For example, I was suppose to get my eyes done from my uncle's "friend" but when I called the hospital, the nurse didnt even know that their hospital did plastic surgery.. -_- Turns out that it was just a regular hospital but the doctor sometimes does double eyelid surgery if people ask him to.

Also, I had pretty small eyes so my big concern was that getting double eyelid surgery would make my eyes look too fake and sleepy. Other doctors didn't really cover that concern and wanted to make the double eyelid big to make my eyes bigger but the doctor I got my eyes done from said that making such a big double eyelid would only make my eyes look forced open and fake. So after talking to a few doctors, you shoudl be able to tell if he/she knows what theyre doing and if the procedure they recommend really fits your eyes. :)

Guest minazzang

oopsy daisy. i forgot to say that. i must be monica's voodoo doll. i got partial incisison too. and thanks =)

and to minazzang, yea i was awake for the whole thing but it didnt seem that long to me either even though it was like 40 minutes. i dont know if its a good thing or bad that you're half asleep for the operation cause the doctors supposed to tell you to open your eyes like every 7-10 minutes. well with me that was the case

yeah.. she told me that the doctor would ask her every so often to open her eyes.

I dont think she was totally asleep.. just partially. So pretty much just really out of it. haha

Guest efflorescence

Hey...I'm a bit confused about the lateral canthotomy procedure...

How come BK Clinic charges 5000 - 5500 USD for lateral canthotomy while OZ clinic only charges $600?

Also, which one is more reputable for eyelid surgery?

Guest rachellee39

hiya

Was looking through the thread. very nice after pictures! just a thought...why do you have to cut the inner corner of the eye? what is the purpose of that? Is it necessary in order to get a double eyelid?

Guest LUCKY SE7EN

hiya

Was looking through the thread. very nice after pictures! just a thought...why do you have to cut the inner corner of the eye? what is the purpose of that? Is it necessary in order to get a double eyelid?

no, it's not necessary

doctors reccomend it because getting double eyelids can actually make your eyes seem a little further apart than they were before

or just for aesthetic reasons

i guess it makes the eyes appear wider and therefore prettier? who knows.

but yeaa.

it's not a necessity

you can have the double eyelid surgery without cutting the inner corners

some people opt to go that route because cutting the corners might leave a scar

but just go to the right doctor. i don't have scars, and i had both operations done.

Guest hunny~bunny

For those who got the sides of their eyes cut, did you ask the doctor to do it, or did the doctor reccomend it?

Also if you get it done in say like California, do they know how to do the same thing, or is it like a Korean Surgeon thing?

Hunny Bunny Your eyes turned out really nice! do you have before pics and did you get fat removed?

hehe aw thanks =) i have before pics if you look through the pages but i know its freaking 22 pages so ill post up before pictures. i would definitely recommend a doctor in korea more than a doctor in america just because they performed on pretty much thousasands of people and know exactly what they're doing. not saying they dont here in the states, but the decision is totally up to you.

and to centrestage, you cut the inner eyelids to make your overall appearance better when you have a double eyelid. it also makes ur eye look bigger. some people might not need it, or even look worse with it cut, so its up to ur doctor to do it or not, which is why its SO important to have a really good doc. when you get it cut, its gonna make the space between ur eyes hella small and its gonna look akward the first 2-3ish weeks, but its gonna be worth it 2-3 months later when it looks really natural and pretty.

its funny how i relied on this thread to get answers and ask millions of questions and didnt know anything before surgery, but know all this crap afterward.

Guest MONICA

Hey...I'm a bit confused about the lateral canthotomy procedure...

How come BK Clinic charges 5000 - 5500 USD for lateral canthotomy while OZ clinic only charges $600?

Also, which one is more reputable for eyelid surgery?

i have no clue why they charge so much for it. that is odd. if you plan on goign to bk, you should call and ask beforehand about it.

and my doctor told me that the lateral canthoplasty has only 1/10th of the effect of the medial canthoplasty does. he said he doesn't recommend it to anyone except in extreme cases, medical cases, and if the patient insists he'll do it because it doesn't make much of a difference. i was planning on getting the lateral done too but i didn't because it wouldve been a waste of money if you can't even see the difference. just my opinion though.

as for which one is more reputable, ive read somewhere that they both have had celebrity clients so i guess both are reputable enough...i know bk is more known for nose surgeries though.

Guest panda_z

o wow, big difference afterwards, im to scared to do the surgery =.= so i use double eye lid glue..hopefully it'll eventually turn into 2 lid :blush: hehe eyetalk is a wonder ^^..ps. does it hurt?