Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest LUCKY SE7EN

This isn't my experience but my sisters.

My sister went to Korea to do her surgery. I think she got it done in 수원.

Before the surgery she didn't have anything. She told me that the doctor

took out a lot of fat from her eyes. She did the surgery three days before

she came back. When she first came back her eyes where really swelled up

and it didn't look that great. But as time passed it really looks nice right now.

I think she paid 70만원 total but im not sure exactly.

wow.

700,000 won is a great deal.

i paid over 1,500,000 won for mine.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest MONICA

haha yeah...that tape thing is crap IMO. you can totally tell if someone has it on. and it doesn't necessarily give you permanent results. some people can wear them all day and night and right when they take it off, no double eyelids will form.

Guest sungaaah

^^ no i completely agree w/ you. this one girl back

in high school wore tape and everyone kept asking me

what was wrong w/ her cuz shed keep saying

it was a korean thing LOL. i love glue but i dont

wanna depend on it forever ... my moms slowly

caving in to getting me the surgery though =p

Guest singerchick

^ haha its called ssangkapool tape...

everyone in here knows about it...but its not quite invisible...it shows a bit

plus it stretches out your eyelids, so when your not wearing them, your eyes begin to sag.

thanks for the input tho...!!! ^^

^ there is a new type that doesn't show. It's really thin and I think it's double sided so it sticks the part where you want double eyelids. Something like that. Howevver, I don't know where you can get them.

Guest kangxbyul

haha yeah...that tape thing is crap IMO. you can totally tell if someone has it on. and it doesn't necessarily give you permanent results. some people can wear them all day and night and right when they take it off, no double eyelids will form.

yeah thats true. even though some people do get lucky and double eyelids form but rarely. I read in a korean magazine that after taking off tape or glue, usually double eyelids will just have a line/crease but not actual double eyelids.

Guest lovedove

ADVICE

If you are getting surgery in anywhere, especially in Korea, I really recommend that you go to a known place. I realized that popular places are known for a reason. In Korea, there are surgeons probably every other block so its really hard to know which place is "good". I visited a couple of places around my cousin's neighborhood and most of them seemed shady. In the end, i went to the best known place in ilsan and even though it was pricey, my surgery turned out pretty good. The doctor knew exactly what fit my eye shape and he did a real good job doing the inner cut because i have no scar (cutting the inner eye is known to leave scar). So be really really careful where you get your eyes done~ Good luck to every one!

to LOVEDOVE,

when you got your inner eye cut did you go to korea? cause I wanna get it done too but I got my eyes done in NY and my docter recommends me getting it next summer after my eyelids are completely healed and everything? Oooooooo this is stupid but would you have pics of how your inner eyes got cut? like before and afters? thanks :D

Guest Lemon_Retard_<3

wow you guys are all really brave... I got scared after I went through a website that had pictures of the entire procedure. My parents actually told me to get it if I wanted to since I was young but I'm kind of putting it off since I have some questions...

1) does anyone know of any surgeons in Canada? specifically Toronto? cause everyone that posted was from the states or korea -_-

2) anyone have any experience with the LASER double eyelid surgery? or does that not exist? I really don't want to do the incision >.<

3) I heard that after you get your eyelids done, when you sleep at night your eyes can't fully close... anyone experienced it?

Guest JiHyUnEe03

i posted before...but it got erased...my comp also crashed...and i lost all my pics..but i took new digital pic of my eye.

the surgery didnt hurt...it didnt afterwards either...i got it when i was 18 turning 19..and now its really natural looking. people cant even tell when they first meet me. and when i tell them they're shocked haha.

i'll find out who the doc is for u guys later~ but heres my pix.

i found soem pix from before the surgery..and one of my eyes right after the surgery (after the stitches weretaken out.)

before...

rosa8.jpg

rs.jpg

4 days after surgery...

Picture642.jpg

now.. sorry my makeup was horrible..had to put it on in like 2 mins cuz i had to leave the house early yesterday..>.< its all clumpy but you could still see my line (very thin and natural no?) im happy iwth my results ^^*

myeye.JPG

myeye1.JPG

jjj.JPG

ihope these pics and what i said about the surgery make the girls who want to do this feel; better about it~ its a simple procedure and def worth it~~ :sweatingbullets::D

Guest pandazombie

3) I heard that after you get your eyelids done, when you sleep at night your eyes can't fully close... anyone experienced it?

that's if your surgery went wrong..I saw it in a documentary XD

that's if your surgery went wrong..I saw it in a documentary XD

Not necessarily ><... Expecially if you get 안검하수(?), I don't know what that is in English but it's where you fix weak muscle in the eye to get rid of the 'sleepy' look.

Also it might now close cause of the swelling? ^^;;

Guest kangxbyul

I don't know if I want to get it done in Korea because I'm going there for a visit and I don't want to just stay home with my eyes swollen and not be able to go out comfortably with my relatives and etc..

so does anyone know a well-known good place in California LA?

please reply if you know ~ !

Guest MeNahBabe

o.O theres an age limit? uhhhhh i got mine done when i was like....10 or 11.... cuz i just couldnt stand being asked if i could see by those americans with humungo eyes. so i got mine done in the summer of 5th grade. the day i got mine done, the doctor told me not to open my eyes at all the whole day... i looked at a mirror with my eyes half open and....EWWWWW my eyes looked disgusting! all swollen red purple and bleh. the worst part of the surgery...is getting the stitches removed a few days later. that hurt a lot more than the surgery itself. im not totally pleased with how my eyes turned out but eh its ok. but i think i still havey fatty eyelids T.T

Guest LovelyChoco

I think I am gonna have it done next year as soon as I graduate.

I was kinda unsure at first but now I know for sure

I would probably go to Korea to do it but how do you know if a place is "shady"?

And JiHyUnEe03's look really natural but I can't really see the folds. it's almost like a sokssangupul. but she had big eyes even before so it doesn't really matter haha :sweatingbullets:

And lovedove, can you share some pix with us??

Guest LUCKY SE7EN

And JiHyUnEe03's look really natural but I can't really see the folds. it's almost like a sokssangupul. but she had big eyes even before so it doesn't really matter haha :sweatingbullets:

that is exactly what i was going to post

Guest hunny~bunny

i finally came back from koko yesterday. i still have jet lag but im getting more used to the time here. i would definitely back up monicas recommendation to going to the oz clinic to get ur surgery done. the doctor was a little hesitant at first cause he sed my eyes were already big and fine but i insinsisted. the shots were the worst part, even though during the surgery, there was this one part where when the doc told me it was going to hurt, it hurt like a mofo. it was my left eye, the eye that i strained a little too much on during the shot and was bloated a little longer than my right.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA4324.jpg

5 days after? you can see the cut made in the inner corner of my eye

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa.jpg

like 2 days after that

my eyes look small in both these pictures :( ill update pictures in 2 months or so.

i hate how i have to wait 2-3 months for my inner corner to settle down cause my eyes look too close together but thats supposed to go away when the bloating goes away. looks like ill have to start school like this =( but i love the results and would recommend it to anyone without ssangkapul, even someone with big eyes.

Guest MONICA

I think I am gonna have it done next year as soon as I graduate.

I was kinda unsure at first but now I know for sure

I would probably go to Korea to do it but how do you know if a place is "shady"?

And lovedove, can you share some pix with us??

i think for hers, you can't really see it because of her eyeliner. if she didnt put it on, i'm sure you would be able to see it better.

i finally came back from koko yesterday. i still have jet lag but im getting more used to the time here. i would definitely back up monicas recommendation to going to the oz clinic to get ur surgery done. the doctor was a little hesitant at first cause he sed my eyes were already big and fine but i insinsisted. the shots were the worst part, even though during the surgery, there was this one part where when the doc told me it was going to hurt, it hurt like a mofo. it was my left eye, the eye that i strained a little too much on during the shot and was bloated a little longer than my right.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/tammy...AAAAAAA4324.jpg

5 days after? you can see the cut made in the inner corner of my eye

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/tammy...AAAAAAAAAaa.jpg

like 2 days after that

my eyes look small in both these pictures :( ill update pictures in 2 months or so.

i hate how i have to wait 2-3 months for my inner corner to settle down cause my eyes look too close together but thats supposed to go away when the bloating goes away. looks like ill have to start school like this =( but i love the results and would recommend it to anyone without ssangkapul, even someone with big eyes.

yours came out realllllllly good! and i strained my left eye too so it was more swollen than my right, just like you haha.