Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest MONICA

Okay, I don't know if this makes sense but here goes..

I have double eyelids but since the part under my eyebrow has a lot of skin on it, it makes me look like I have single eyelid. I was wondering how do I get skin there to be less? Or enough to show my eyelids because it really bugs me.

umm...i'm guessing if you want to go with the double eyelid surgery route, you would have to get a full incision surgery. otherwise i'm guessing brow lift or face lift.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest Aestas

I'm surprised to hear that the crease FADES with increading age??! i thought it would be the other way round bcoz i have once been advised by my mum's friend that it's not wise to have the incision bcoz u get fat and ur eyelids get thicker and have more fat under it, then bcoz of this it droops down automatically to form a crease (bad discription but i hope u know what i mean). now personally i buy that bcoz i have seen it happen to my own father. i inherited my single eyelid from dad but he somehow 'obtained' the double eyelid through the years, my mum explains it in terms of him getting fat and his eyelids drooping down. to me that's very possible; the very reason why people need facelifts when they get old is bcoz the skin on their face droops!

i haven't got the surgery and i'm not an expert at this.... but i don't think you have to worry about the crease fading until your 40/50s. and since that's another 30/40(?) years away... its a long way down the line. and you can have a nice crease and be happy with it for a long time. if you gain weight its not gonna all go to your eyelids.... but that should give you an incentive to keep your weight down right? :sweatingbullets:

Guest singerchick

i haven't got the surgery and i'm not an expert at this.... but i don't think you have to worry about the crease fading until your 40/50s. and since that's another 30/40(?) years away... its a long way down the line. and you can have a nice crease and be happy with it for a long time. if you gain weight its not gonna all go to your eyelids.... but that should give you an incentive to keep your weight down right? :sweatingbullets:

Yeah my friend had double eyelids but she gained like 25 pounds last year and one of her eyelids dissapeared.

Does wearing fake eyelashes stretch out your eyelids as much as eyelid glue does?

Guest luckyyou

Wow I was perusing thsi yesterday night and Monica your ssangkapul came out nice. I have natural ones that look like that but not as clean. Can you fix real ssangkapuls? like tweak it? Because it seems like real ssangkapul lines are very stubborn. Anyways, I just wanted to say your eyes are really pretty. is the reason why your inner eyes are point is because they cut it? mine inner eyelid is like point but round rather than point. I like putting shimmer light thing on the corners of my inner eye but I think I look weird with it since it's not pointy but round. I wonder if they just cut your eys for you for like $50. haha :P

Guest MONICA

Wow I was perusing thsi yesterday night and Monica your ssangkapul came out nice. I have natural ones that look like that but not as clean. Can you fix real ssangkapuls? like tweak it? Because it seems like real ssangkapul lines are very stubborn. Anyways, I just wanted to say your eyes are really pretty. is the reason why your inner eyes are point is because they cut it? mine inner eyelid is like point but round rather than point. I like putting shimmer light thing on the corners of my inner eye but I think I look weird with it since it's not pointy but round. I wonder if they just cut your eys for you for like $50. haha :P

haha yeah it's like pointy because they cut it. the doctor says as time goes by it'll turn inwards, so i guess it'll turn round? i don't know. haha. but if you're just giong to get it cut it's like $600

Guest murrkoh*

I got my stitches out several days ago. Here are my results after 2 and a half weeks.

Oh excuse the redness and puffiness of my eyes ,I'm not feeling too well and I'm really tired.I had the hiccups so the pics are kind of blurry. Blah. Oh well. Here ya go. fgfs.jpgsomeshing087.jpg

Maybe I'll post more pics when I'm not feeling like crap.

Tell me what ya think! And I'll try to post a before pic when I find one, but not now. I need some rest.

post before pics!! your eyes came out sooooooo nice!!

oh and what method did you get...

Guest luckyyou

haha yeah it's like pointy because they cut it. the doctor says as time goes by it'll turn inwards, so i guess it'll turn round? i don't know. haha. but if you're just giong to get it cut it's like $600

haha $600. i thought it'd be cheaper. so it's as simple as a snip snip and you're done or does it take more work? wait you're not a doctor so you probably won't really know. but yeah. i like semi-point inner eyes. i think it looks so much betterwhen you do that shimmer light thing on it. sigh, that's one of myf avorite make-up things to do but it looks weird on me.

Guest Juli~<3

^ i think its cos it makes the eye look bigger and not so sleepy. also its easier to put make up on.

er on the first post the person said you can go for the surgery if you have really bad eye bags.. but how can making you have double eyelids solve that problem? i dont understand..

Guest hunny~bunny

sorry for not updating i have photos but i dont know how to put them on my grannys computer so wait till 8/9. it came out really well imo but i think my eyes are too close together right now cause i cut the inside and its bloated. my eyes are bloated and i go around in sunglasses. i came on soompi just to type this but ill edit this with lots of pictures and a descriptive description hahaha

Guest MONICA

haha $600. i thought it'd be cheaper. so it's as simple as a snip snip and you're done or does it take more work? wait you're not a doctor so you probably won't really know. but yeah. i like semi-point inner eyes. i think it looks so much betterwhen you do that shimmer light thing on it. sigh, that's one of myf avorite make-up things to do but it looks weird on me.

well, basically it is just cutting, but there's also the preperation costs, stitching, time, nurse's pay, rent for the place, etc. plus his office is in kangnam so it's pretty much assumed that costs will be a bit higher than if it wasn't in the city.

hunny~bunny:don't worry, i felt like my eyes were too close too. it gets better :] oh yeah and after the surgery i had sooooooooo much regret for doing it because i looked horrible. after a week, i got over that and i'm so glad i got it done. haha.

Guest theskinnygirl

I don't get it why some thinks double eye lids makes them look prettier. Enlighten me

If it doesn't make them look better, then why do a lot of people get it done?

Double eyelid only suits some people though...

Guest MONICA

If it doesn't make them look better, then why do a lot of people get it done?

Double eyelid only suits some people though...

it's so that they can get bigger eyes. most people look better with bigger eyes.

Guest hunny~bunny

hunny~bunny:don't worry, i felt like my eyes were too close too. it gets better :] oh yeah and after the surgery i had sooooooooo much regret for doing it because i looked horrible. after a week, i got over that and i'm so glad i got it done. haha.

you dont know how much better you made me feel =)

and imo people look better with double eyelids. people have this surgery to get better looking eyes. and in actual reality, pretty much everyone can get pretty double eyelids. you just have to get the ones that match your eyes the best :)

Guest MaryMagdalin

omg i realllyyyy want this surgery

but i`m soooo f-in scared out of my mind :wacko::wacko::wacko:

and i wanted to do it in taiwan so that might take a while haha

Guest minazzang

^ oh wow.. your eyes did some major swelling!!

they are looking better though! ^^

btw, what kind of surgery did u do?? incision or non-incision?