Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest JAMIESMYNAMIE

yeah i had relatively thin lids. all of the ahjummas were like "you probably don't need to cut," but turns out i did. my ssangkapeul didn't really get smaller. i think it looks almost the same. i'll post pictures laterrr

yayy. thanks!

because i have pretty thin lids... and judging from what ive seen, thinner = less swelling. (at least i hope so)

and yours hardly swelled at all.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest MONICA

yayy. thanks!

because i have pretty thin lids... and judging from what ive seen, thinner = less swelling. (at least i hope so)

and yours hardly swelled at all.

okay pics updated on the first postt

Guest minazzang

err. ok.. odd question. But for those that use glue/tape, how do u know if your eyelids have stretched?? B/c I honestly cant tell if mine have been stretched or not. lolol

Anyways, I'm getting mine done at BK this sept. And I'm just super super scared of the shots. like super freaked out. hahaha T.T

Guest empress727

^BK is a really good clinic! i hope you're satisfied with that place. i was thinking about going to BK for my nose but i'm still considering other places.

I use tape (which is why i'm not doing double eyelid surgery) and i must say that my eyelids have stretched out. when i stay up really late studying and i wake up after having barely any sleep my eyes are all messed up. my eyes aren't double eyelids but its really puffy because of the stretched out skin (its not as bad as i make it sound). it's not a big deal though and its normally fine. otherwise, you can't really tell...it hasn't stretched or its really subtle.

Guest singerchick

err. ok.. odd question. But for those that use glue/tape, how do u know if your eyelids have stretched?? B/c I honestly cant tell if mine have been stretched or not. lolol

Anyways, I'm getting mine done at BK this sept. And I'm just super super scared of the shots. like super freaked out. hahaha T.T

I was wondering, do fake eyelashes also stretch out your eyelid?

Guest sundubu <3

i have thin inner eyelid folds on both eyes but they're not natural... like i've been "tweaking" them ever since junior high so they basically have a crease by themselves now. Every morning i have to depuff them first by putting a hot wash cloth over the swollen lids a couple of times, then put a cold wash cloth and this makes the skin on my lids more taut so they can be easily shaped. then i use a end of a hair clip (which is like using the pick that comes with eyelid glue) to push my lids back and they stay the entire day.

anyways to answer your question.. i tried to use eyetalk one time and i didn't like the way it came out so i took it off after 5 minutes. my lid was droopy! like it stayed droopy the entire day and no amount of depuffing them with warm or cold water could make it stay up. so it definitely stretches out your lids. thank god it went back to its normal way the next day but to those still asking if glue stretches your lids, yes they do.

Guest minazzang

i have thin inner eyelid folds on both eyes but they're not natural... like i've been "tweaking" them ever since junior high so they basically have a crease by themselves now. Every morning i have to depuff them first by putting a hot wash cloth over the swollen lids a couple of times, then put a cold wash cloth and this makes the skin on my lids more taut so they can be easily shaped. then i use a end of a hair clip (which is like using the pick that comes with eyelid glue) to push my lids back and they stay the entire day.

anyways to answer your question.. i tried to use eyetalk one time and i didn't like the way it came out so i took it off after 5 minutes. my lid was droopy! like it stayed droopy the entire day and no amount of depuffing them with warm or cold water could make it stay up. so it definitely stretches out your lids. thank god it went back to its normal way the next day but to those still asking if glue stretches your lids, yes they do.

Weird. B/c I've used glue for like a year or so. And i think my eyelids look the same o.o I'm sure they've stretched a little.. but the BK doctor said that my eyelids were still fine for surgery. But he recommended that I stop using glue/tape from now on. And i'm definitely going to take that advice. :)

Guest JAMIESMYNAMIE

minazzang..

you already got a consultation at BK?

because i'm getting mine done at BK too in august.

also, you're from oregon??

haha that is weird because SO AM I.

small world...

Guest minazzang

minazzang..

you already got a consultation at BK?

because i'm getting mine done at BK too in august.

also, you're from oregon??

haha that is weird because SO AM I.

small world...

haha no.. It wasnt an actual consultation. I sent pictures of my eyes and stuff through email.

Anyways, I think i stumbled across your myspace one time while looking at a couple of my friend's myspaces. hahaha.. yeah.. it IS a small world. I was wondering why your sn looked so familiar --; lol

Guest foxxy_cleopatra

i'm getting my stitches taken out on monday. does it hurt when he takes the stiches out? i'm kinda scared lol. thanks!

Guest MONICA

i'm getting my stitches taken out on monday. does it hurt when he takes the stiches out? i'm kinda scared lol. thanks!

it kind of pinches, but it's nothing like the shots at the beginning of the surgery. haha.

Guest Sekshi__Mihye*

umm i have a question. i've been using eyelid glue for maybe like 5 months now. && i'm planning to keep using it because i hate how small my eyes are. I was wondering if you use it for a long time, will it'll affect the way your eyes come out after surgery? or will you not be able to get the surgery cause of using the glue so much? I have to wait until im 18 to get the surgery && im 15 right now so yea.

Guest kangxbyul

before getting the surgery, can you ask the doctor to not make you fall asleep and just stay awake during the surgery? or is it the doctors' choice?

(with all the numbing though still there though of course)

Guest foxxy_cleopatra

is it normal to have one eye bigger than the other like for the first three days of surgery? i'm kinda worried that one would be bigger.

Guest minazzang

umm i have a question. i've been using eyelid glue for maybe like 5 months now. && i'm planning to keep using it because i hate how small my eyes are. I was wondering if you use it for a long time, will it'll affect the way your eyes come out after surgery? or will you not be able to get the surgery cause of using the glue so much? I have to wait until im 18 to get the surgery && im 15 right now so yea.

Well, if u keep using glue... then your eyelids will become redundant and stretched. And this makes the surgery more difficult and your eyefolds may not be as pretty. If i were you, I would stop using glue altogether. You might regret using it once your surgery comes around. :(

I regret using glue too. But luckily, my eyelids are still in good shape for surgery.

And I've made sure to stop using the glue altogether.

Guest MONICA

before getting the surgery, can you ask the doctor to not make you fall asleep and just stay awake during the surgery? or is it the doctors' choice?

(with all the numbing though still there though of course)

umm usually you can request what kind of anesthetic you want. the doctor i went to didnt have his own anesthesia doctor, so i was like...okay...but since it was local, an anesthesia doctor probably wasnt needed. if the doctor is used to doing local, and you want to request general, that might become a problem.

foxxy_cleopatra: yes, my left eye was a little bit bigger than my right eye, but i had more swelling in that eye so that could be it. i didn't even ask the doctor about it during the checkups, but the last one i went to he told me that once all of the swelling goes down, it should be even.

Guest *Madison

I'm glad i came upon this thread, it's like hearing and thinking about doing something but never really seen it done....i remember seeing videos of the eyelid surgery some time ago and the red scar on the eyelid when people just come out from surgery really freak me out! >_< It's one of the things that keep me from doing it!

I guess i'm also worried bcoz it's basically right above the eyeball so if anything goes wrong....i think i particularly have that concern bcoz i'm got relatively thin eyelids.

That said, i'm one of those that can "pinch" my eyelids to make them double...for like 3 seconds!! as soon as i blink it dissapears v__v. i'd love to just play the tape/glue trick but i can't ever seem to know how to use any of those two things!! it always ends up messy and doesn't even work at the beginning. i wish i could get one of them make-up artists from japan, i bet they can work wonders.

I think my mum supports me on this bcoz she once mentioned taking me to the hospital to do it but we never discussed it further afterwards. i guess we were both scared :shrugs:

I'm surprised to hear that the crease FADES with increading age??! i thought it would be the other way round bcoz i have once been advised by my mum's friend that it's not wise to have the incision bcoz u get fat and ur eyelids get thicker and have more fat under it, then bcoz of this it droops down automatically to form a crease (bad discription but i hope u know what i mean). now personally i buy that bcoz i have seen it happen to my own father. i inherited my single eyelid from dad but he somehow 'obtained' the double eyelid through the years, my mum explains it in terms of him getting fat and his eyelids drooping down. to me that's very possible; the very reason why people need facelifts when they get old is bcoz the skin on their face droops!

I think I'll have the surgery under these conditions:

- I know I can really trust the doctor

- My sister is going in the surgery room with me and we're doing it together (yay!)

- No shots to the eyes pleeeeease? (it's just a daunting thought more than a pain issue, i've had needles to my gums and i can stand that so i guess i can stand the pain with shots to my eyes to but serious it's such a scary thought :S)

Guest joolee.

Okay, I don't know if this makes sense but here goes..

I have double eyelids but since the part under my eyebrow has a lot of skin on it, it makes me look like I have single eyelid. I was wondering how do I get skin there to be less? Or enough to show my eyelids because it really bugs me.