Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest murrkoh*

i'm a med student right now who's interning for a couple surgeons for my university studies and i just wanted to share with all the good people here on soompi about the new methods of surgery that are being developed for eyelid surgery!

of course there's the evergrowing popular "laser method". honestly, i think this is going to be the new gold standard for eyelid surgery. from what i've witnessed watching this there i have almost NEVER seen a big amount of blood loss here, a few drips and spots here and there but it's so quick and the results have been amazing. the NEW laser method has the doctor basically strategically cut and melt some of the fat underneath the eyelid skin with an INSANE amount of precision that was very difficult to achieve with the manual cut and nip tools.

the second method probably some of you heard about, the "two stitch" method where they "twist" the skin on the eyelid. personally, i'm not a big fan of it, since the results from some patients tended to get a "feathered line" look above the lash line. maybe if they tweak and improve the process they docs can get better results.

oh and one more thing to add, all of docs take the "newbies" (students/interns) out to eat during lunch breaks where we all can basically debrief and have a little congression and share our ideas. well the ever popular eyelid surgery topic came up again and i asked the docs which is the most natural fold for an oriental asian to have (i basically implied asians like the chinese, japanese, korean, vietnamese, as opposed to thais, filipinos, indians - nothing against them at all, but many of them alrealdy have the "double eyelid") and a lot of the docs explained that the medial epicanthal fold that MONICA has shown (don't worry i didn't mention your name, just for familiarization for the members here) that "folds over" the corner of the inner eyelid is best. two of the korean docs even mentioned to us that most of the "parallel double eylids" (where the epicanthal fold of the inner lid is seperate, meaning the two eyelids lines/creases are seperate from one another) of celebs are probably fake, he said the single lids are especially previalent in koreans and southern japanese. the other korean doc also said that the chance of an actual parallel double eyelid where the epicanthal fold and crease is paralell and seperate in koreans was approximately less then 1.2%! at they end the docs said that during our studies there they'll teach us how to tell a real double eyelid from a surgically placed one. i wished i worked around some celebs so i could examine theirs! lol.

well anyhow to end this post i'll just say that next time i witness another eyelid surgery i'll make sure to document each step (and hopefully take some pics if the patient's okay with it) and post it here! =)

WOW, thanks your awesome...i think im getting mine done next summer, so by then i think i'll have a good idea of things..

so...you said in laser surgery, you can get a layer of fat removed aswell? i always thought that would only happen when you get it cut. the thing i'm worried about is that i have a thick layer of fat on my lids...

and although i can form a ssangkapul with my fingers/tape, whenever i wake up in the morning, its bloated (especially if i eat salty foods the night before or if i cry)...

so i wanted to know if laser still took that fat out, AND what the chances were of it falling out...

you know?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest m4ryC

Sorry this doesn't EXACTLY relate, but I have one single eyelid & sometimes I use tape / glue on it to try to make it look even with my other eye.

However, tape seems to only work for me sometimes. Does anyone trim theirs so it fits better? -_-. So much work ah!!!

&&& eyelid GLUE looks scary b/c when I look down my eyes don't close like my other one does! Does this happen to anyone else?? Or is it just my type of eye glue.

So my eyes shall never, ever look even :(.

I need eyelid surgery -_-.

like murrkoh* said, i also cut mine too, to make the tape seem less obvious. or i just cut straight across the bottom (like 2mm off), so the curved part doesn't get messed up. i rarely wear full ones, cuz they look so unnatural and you could usually see the tape.

Guest TheWeatherGirl

aww man! that sucks that some posts were lost lol becuase JiHyUnEe03 posted up really really pretty pics of her eyes ):

well, JiHyUnEe03 if you ever see this, can you tell me which surgeon you went to? pleaseee you and MONICA have the prettiest most naturalist outcome yet!

Guest murrkoh*

ROSA UNNIE POSTED?!

nooo~~ i asked her to post...and before i could see it, soompi crashed!

unnie ya, would be be so kind as to repost? i promise i'll via airmail a bigggg huggie just for you... :sweatingbullets:

Guest missGiang

Aiyyaa...I was born with double eyelids and a lot of my asian friends before I moved thought I did got the surgery. Because it's not so, so common for Asians to have big eyes..But my eyes aren't even that big! I want to go the surgery myself because my mom said maybe I should...But I am a person who can't handle pain.... :crazy: I'm kinda scared...No..REAL scared haha Is 15 too young? !_!

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

i think i like MONICA's results best of all. maybe because she wasn't to graphic on it. i want to get my eyelids done as well, but in chinatown, i see a whole bunch of bad results and i don't want to end up that way. maybe i should go for the person you went to. wait, is he located in korea.

oh man i'm so scared... they don't put you to sleep.. so you're awake.. but you won't feel it.

Guest MONICA

i think i like MONICA's results best of all. maybe because she wasn't to graphic on it. i want to get my eyelids done as well, but in chinatown, i see a whole bunch of bad results and i don't want to end up that way. maybe i should go for the person you went to. wait, is he located in korea.

oh man i'm so scared... they don't put you to sleep.. so you're awake.. but you won't feel it.

yeah he's in korea

OMG finally updated my pics on my surgery. OMG this sounds mad stupid but I took pics EVERYDAY to like monitor my progress LOL I know I mad stupid :P hehehe but just warning you guys WOAH my eyes were SWOLLEN like CRAZY :crazy: after the surgery, and I thought I was one of those ppl who don't bruise easily =[ Anyway eyes are still MAD swollen :tears: but at least the color and bruising is all down. Just to warn you guys its a little graphic, well thats what my friend told me so no running away screaming MONSTER!!! AHHHHHHH!!! ahahh jkjk :P

Oh yeah I got my eyes done on June 10 so its almost been like two weeks

mylefteye.jpg

this is my left eye before the surgery

myrighteyepic2.jpg

this is my right eye before the surgery, I know I had like mad hooded eyelids ahah

June10mylefteyeopenedpic2.jpg

my left eye after the surgery, like on that day :crazy:

June10myrighteyeopenedpic2.jpg

my right eye after the surgery :crazy:

June22lefteyeopened.jpg

My left eye, most recent pic taken on June 22, still mad swollen but my right is more swollen than my left

June22righteyeopened.jpg

My right eye, most recent pic taken on June 22, my right eye is more swollen than my left eye :tears:

OH if theres something wrong with like the pictures not coming out PLEASE tell me b/c its my first time posting up pics so... :sweatingbullets: hahah any I got my eyes done in Manhatten for $2000, and if anyone wants to know the Dr. and stuff just pm. :D

Guest Lucystar

^oh wow your eyes turned out reallyyyy well :). your right after pic is scary swollen though :o. healed pretty nicely from the looks of it..

Guest L0okishEdiTh

great results people really!! i wanna get it doh i have somewhat big eyes but they're a tiny bit uneven and single eyelid... so i wan my eyes even and pretty folded so i don have to put thick eyeliner on... i tried usin cold spoon to make it *shrink* but doesn't work THAT well.. it helps a lil bit... maybe the bit of droopyness is the *fat* as 1st post said? i onno =/

and it sounds scary that you're actually awake durin the surgery... i rather be sleeping -.-;; i had bad experience with awake surgery for my right leg near the ankle when i was lil cuz someone dropped a plate of ink and i got scratched... so i put a lil sticker tatto thought my mom wouldn't find out cuz i was scared she would get mad at me... ended up not healin and mom found out took me to my doctor and he called me bad girl -.- should've told mommy haha he was nice but i felt cold tools touchin me and a lil itchy and i felt my bone cuz the cut was deeper then we all thought :sweatingbullets:

Guest Vintage*Princess

great results people really!! i wanna get it doh i have somewhat big eyes but they're a tiny bit uneven and single eyelid... so i wan my eyes even and pretty folded so i don have to put thick eyeliner on... i tried usin cold spoon to make it *shrink* but doesn't work THAT well.. it helps a lil bit... maybe the bit of droopyness is the *fat* as 1st post said? i onno =/

and it sounds scary that you're actually awake durin the surgery... i rather be sleeping -.-;; i had bad experience with awake surgery for my right leg near the ankle when i was lil cuz someone dropped a plate of ink and i got scratched... so i put a lil sticker tatto thought my mom wouldn't find out cuz i was scared she would get mad at me... ended up not healin and mom found out took me to my doctor and he called me bad girl -.- should've told mommy haha he was nice but i felt cold tools touchin me and a lil itchy and i felt my bone cuz the cut was deeper then we all thought :sweatingbullets:

woww...so you were actually awake Awake? The only surgery I had was my wisdom teeth surgery lol and I was half awake half sleeping, but had no idea what was going on. It actually felt pretty good lol.

I can totally relate to your eyeliner issue. I wish I didnt have to put on such a thick line...so time-consuming and a waste of liquid eyeliner.

Guest NJSK.

Wow, all of these turned out great!

I think it's kinda scary =X

So I'm not going for that, I'm going with those double eyelid tapes =)

that I bought in Korea lol.

They're working fine =)

Except sometimes they kinda unstick themselves XD haha.

But still!

Pretty eyes!

Still working on mineee.. =)

muchlove!

-jisoo