Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest MONICA

ok i tried to find a picture without makeup thats clear but the only one i found was a blurry picture so ill post it up

AAAAAAA.jpg

or

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/tammy_x33/AAAAAAA.jpg

if the picture doesnt work.

i have thin eyelids and i have a SLIGHT(i swear so slight ) double lid as you can kinda see but thats it. idk whether to do incision or non incision. my mom was talking it over and i still didnt do the consultation yet so i havent talked it over yet but i want your guys opinions before talking it out. what should i do you guys think?

well, i have thin eyelids too and my right eye had a little double eyelid also but he told me i should do the partial incision anyway. at first he said i should do the full incision, but then said that partial incision should be fine. i didn't think i would need to do the incision either, but turns out i did, so you really don't know until you go through consultation =/

Guest jhchoi

My personal experience...

My sister and I got ours done in June. We originally didn't paln to get it done, just a consultation.. but one thing kind of led to another. My sister got the double eyelid and the cutting of the inner-corner of her eye. My eyes were originally big, so I just got the double eyelid done.

My reasons for getting the surgery

I got the non-incision surgery with 8-10 sutures, so I could remove the double eyelid if it was really bad. Plus with the double eyelid, it is a lot easier for me to put on eye makeup. I originally didn't really want the surgery because I always heard that my eyes are big, but I don't regret it yet.

The surgeon

The person I went to did not speak English. We heard about him from my cousin's aunt who went to Seoul University. She heard that he was really good, so we went to him. At his office, we saw a lot of pictures of celebs with the surgeon (ie: Chaeyeon) and we were told that all of the pictures and signatures were of previous patients.

The consultation

We went into his office and he used something that looked like tweezers to figure out what shape would look good. It was pretty easy to figure out what would look good, because there was only one that looked natural on me. We went into a different room with a nurse and were told about the surgery and the price. (It was around $800 for me because of a VIP special discount). We set up an appointment for the next day because he was going out of the country to teach others how to do plastic surgery. The only part that really struck me as odd was the fact that we didn't have to sign any papers about hearing side-effects or possible complications. Also, when we asked about complications, all we were told were that the surgeon never really came across any with the non-incision besides the stiching becoming undone in about 3/100 cases.

The day of the surgery

I wasn't allowed to wear make-up or contacts the day of the surgery. I was given a robe and slippers. I had to wash my face and then got to see again how the double eyelid would work. I had my eyes cleaned and had a numbing cream on my eyes. Here's the painful part: the shots. I got what seemed like a million shots on my eyes. (I can't remember the number because I was trying to stay calm by singing along with the music in my head). Then the weird part happened. It felt like he was poking at my eyes. Every once in a while he would ask me to open my eyes and look at his finger to see how the eyelid was turning out. Before the end I could see the sutures in my eyes, and it was scary. The procedure apparently took only 15 minutes to finish.

After the surgery

I went to a recovery room and was given an ice-pack while waiting for my sister to have her surgery. The icepack on my eyes was kind of painful because of how cold the icepack was. It made me cry. I wasn't sure if I could open my eyes, so I kept them shut. After icepack, it was really hard for me to open my eyes. They felt really swollen and it felt impossible to open my eyes. It turned out that my eyes were still numb and I couldn't really tell that I wasn't opening my eyes. I finally opened my eyes and they felt really tight.

I got pills to take for three days three times a day to avoid infection along with some topicial medicine. I wasn't allowed to wash my face or my hair for the three days. It was really horrible! During that time I put an icepack on my eyes and they were swollen, but I could watch tv and do everything else normally. I had bruises on my eyes and had a little scab on my eyelid, but they faded.

I went back and everything was normal, but my eyes were still really swollen. I took the "after" pictures to show the results of the surgery. After that, I was told to heat up the icepack and use it on my eyes to help with the swelling. I'll post pics later. My eyelashes look longer for some reason, and my eyes are still a bit swollen. The swelling is supposed to be all gone in around six months.

I would recommend the non-incision surgery if you're really around of knives, like me, and if you're really unsure if you'll like the end result. The only thing to look for is how many sutures you'll have. The concept is one kind of like when you're sewing. If you only have like 4 or something like that, there is a greater chance of the sutures coming undone. Hopefully this will help at least one person~

Guest lee_lee

Is it better to get it done in korea than in the states? I dont know, if I want to get it done when I go to korea next summer....does it change when you get older??? what were the people's reactions after you guy got it done?

Guest foxxy_cleopatra

same question^ i'm 14 and my mom is telling me to do it if i want but she thinks i'm too young. am i too young? or should i just get it done? if i were getting it done though i love gracies open cut.

Guest lovedove

jhchoi

Thanks for sharing, cant wait to see your pictures!

Oh, and how did your sisters come out? Did her swell go down faster than yours or was recovery basically the same?

Guest viruz

Is this a double eyelid? xD Cause I don't really know...xD It looks demented at times...like there are alot of folds...if you look close at the picture you could see the small fold..xD

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00577d.jpg

Guest babygrace

Is it better to get it done in korea than in the states? I dont know, if I want to get it done when I go to korea next summer....does it change when you get older??? what were the people's reactions after you guy got it done?

same question^ i'm 14 and my mom is telling me to do it if i want but she thinks i'm too young. am i too young? or should i just get it done? if i were getting it done though i love gracies open cut.

honestly to me it doesnt quite matter whether you get it done in the states or in korea, as long as you go to a skilled surgeon who will be able to give you the results you want. For me, i went to a great doctor who gave me exactly what i wanted and who has a tremendous amount of experience. He also graduated from Seoul Uni.

It does change when you get older, the swelling goes and it becomes more natursl looking which is why many people get it done so young in korea..

reactions? um well, i hadnt told my close friend that i was going to LA but left out the slight detail that i was going to get the surgery done and when i got back she was so extremely surprised. She couldnt stop staring at my eyes and kept saying "우와~ 신기하다!" and "아, 너무 예뻐~" haha. so it was a good reaction. I actually havent seen my american friends yet and i dont know how they will react ><; i'm just going to have to see what happens when school starts i guess. *sigh..

Is this a double eyelid? xD Cause I don't really know...xD It looks demented at times...like there are alot of folds...if you look close at the picture you could see the small fold..xD

DSC00577.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/viiruz/DSC00577d.jpg

That's def a double eyelid, it's natural to have small folds like those :D I like them better than really obvious thick lines, which you get from surgery :X

You have pretty eyes :]

Guest kangxbyul

this might sound weird but it happens sometimes to me.

when I sleep, I don't close my eyes all the way shut.

they're closed but you can kind of see the white part in the eye -_-

will it be harder getting the surgery?

Guest kpxshininglove

joanne should post hers! all of yours looks real nice

Guest ::kitty::

ahh i like reading about the surgeries but it also gets me scared.

i have thin and slight double eyelids...i tried using glue before but i hate how when i'm looking down (ie. reading) my eyelids pulls and it looks gross to me when i look in the mirror looking down, but when i look up it looks very natural :]

the tape gives more flexibility but i had to open my eyes bigger than usual.

there's a success story at my school of a girl who's used tape for i think about 3 years so far (every day) and she seriously has been looking as pretty as Boa :D so maybe if i tried using tape or glue again i'll get permanant double eyelids instead of my slight ones? any more success stories?!

i feel kinda awkward wearing glue or tape outside lol. ppl who've never seen it before will be like o_____O???!!! lol. they'll never understand xD

Guest MONICA

i feel kinda awkward wearing glue or tape outside lol. ppl who've never seen it before will be like o_____O???!!! lol. they'll never understand xD

hahah that's the reason why i never did glue or tape. i could always tell when others used it so i'm guessing others can tell if i were to use it, so i never used it. i'm kind of glad i didnt since i iddnt have to worry about my eyelids stretching and stuff because of it

WOW. GRACE<333. UR EYES LOOK REALLY REALLY NICE! U JUST GOT IT DONE RECENTLY AND IT'S NOT THAT SWOLLEN? U SHOULD'VE SEEN MINE NOW. I GOT IT LIKE A MONTH AGO AND IT'S STILL SWOLLEN. *SIGH*.

U PAID $2K FOR IT?? BUT IT'S WORTH THE $ THO. I PAID AROUND THAT AMT TOO. MAY I ASK WHO'S UR SURGEON??

WOW. THIS THREAD GOES REALLY FAST! BUT IT GOT WARNED. LOLZZ.

used the double eyelid tape jus to see how my eyes would turn out... i rather liked the results...

is it better to do both eyes AND nose at the same time?? yes i do realize its a double eyelid thread... jus a question.

looking at all these reviews... i'm probably goin to print a list of these places... so i can see which i feel comfortable with... i wish i knew the exact price range... >.< but everyone's are different... ^^

Guest MONICA

is it better to do both eyes AND nose at the same time?? yes i do realize its a double eyelid thread... jus a question.

i was going to get my nose done along with my eyes, but my mom told me not to do my nose because nose is a more riskier operation, and it's not like i'm living in korea so whenever i have a problem i can just go to his office. anyway, the doctor said it would be better to have the surgery at the same time since you can just have both the swelling from the eyes and nose over with at the same time rather than waiting one after the other. he also said taht a lot of people get both done at the same time

Guest Lucystar

Sorry this doesn't EXACTLY relate, but I have one single eyelid & sometimes I use tape / glue on it to try to make it look even with my other eye.

However, tape seems to only work for me sometimes. Does anyone trim theirs so it fits better? -_-. So much work ah!!!

&&& eyelid GLUE looks scary b/c when I look down my eyes don't close like my other one does! Does this happen to anyone else?? Or is it just my type of eye glue.

So my eyes shall never, ever look even :(.

I need eyelid surgery -_-.

Guest murrkoh*

^ haha yea, sometimes i hate it when it looks sorta fake...

so i cut it in half on the days i don't wanna wear make up. it makes the ssangkapul a lot thinner, but you don't have to worry about wearing eyeliner

Guest Lucystar

^Oh gosh hahaha you reminded me of how I have to heck of cover my tape with eyeliner so it's not as noticesable. Another annoying aspect. <_<

Guest jelly4life

I'm going to Korea in August to get my eyes done at BK and I'm soooo nervous!

Anyways,

does it turn out like tape?

Because no matter what I do with the tape, it looks weird/unnatural.

Please tell me it's different..

Guest finalheaven

i'm a med student right now who's interning for a couple surgeons for my university studies and i just wanted to share with all the good people here on soompi about the new methods of surgery that are being developed for eyelid surgery!

of course there's the evergrowing popular "laser method". honestly, i think this is going to be the new gold standard for eyelid surgery. from what i've witnessed watching this there i have almost NEVER seen a big amount of blood loss here, a few drips and spots here and there but it's so quick and the results have been amazing. the NEW laser method has the doctor basically strategically cut and melt some of the fat underneath the eyelid skin with an INSANE amount of precision that was very difficult to achieve with the manual cut and nip tools.

the second method probably some of you heard about, the "two stitch" method where they "twist" the skin on the eyelid. personally, i'm not a big fan of it, since the results from some patients tended to get a "feathered line" look above the lash line. maybe if they tweak and improve the process they docs can get better results.

oh and one more thing to add, all of docs take the "newbies" (students/interns) out to eat during lunch breaks where we all can basically debrief and have a little congression and share our ideas. well the ever popular eyelid surgery topic came up again and i asked the docs which is the most natural fold for an oriental asian to have (i basically implied asians like the chinese, japanese, korean, vietnamese, as opposed to thais, filipinos, indians - nothing against them at all, but many of them alrealdy have the "double eyelid") and a lot of the docs explained that the medial epicanthal fold that MONICA has shown (don't worry i didn't mention your name, just for familiarization for the members here) that "folds over" the corner of the inner eyelid is best. two of the korean docs even mentioned to us that most of the "parallel double eylids" (where the epicanthal fold of the inner lid is seperate, meaning the two eyelids lines/creases are seperate from one another) of celebs are probably fake, he said the single lids are especially previalent in koreans and southern japanese. the other korean doc also said that the chance of an actual parallel double eyelid where the epicanthal fold and crease is paralell and seperate in koreans was approximately less then 1.2%! at they end the docs said that during our studies there they'll teach us how to tell a real double eyelid from a surgically placed one. i wished i worked around some celebs so i could examine theirs! lol.

well anyhow to end this post i'll just say that next time i witness another eyelid surgery i'll make sure to document each step (and hopefully take some pics if the patient's okay with it) and post it here! =)