Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Guest foxxy_cleopatra

i'm about to see a plastic surgeon this friday. my cousin said that the shot for numbing hurt sooo bad. i got scared after that lol. does it hurt that bad??

Guest [Deleted User]

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Guest FantasyClover

i'm sure they can but they use the laser as a knife so it still hurts and burns

nope. the shots hurt. when the drug sets in, u wont feel a thing. its not the cutting part that hurts. its the stitching everything back together (the double stitching, stitching the inside crease underneath the skin, and then the most painful one stitching the skin together. its most painful b/c by that time the drug is wearing off a little).

ppl please stop using glue/tape. if ur skin stretches, the surgeon will have to remove extra skin, it takes up time, allowing the anesthia to wear off, and the "crease" line will take longer to heal and turn back to normal skin color. also with tape/glue, ur not really getting a "crease", maybe just a wrinkle. 99% of the time it will not be permanent b/c there's still extra fat/muscle underneath ur eyelid and they will smooth out again once u remove the tape.

Guest babygrace

hi soompi

i recently have gotten double eyelid surgery, about 2 weeks ago (june 29th), in LA. my doctor did a great job, he's done over 2,000 eyes and have been in the plastic surgeon field well over 20 years.

when i had the consultation with him, i went in knowing what i wanted and how i wanted done. I did a good amount of research and looked @ so many pictures of different shapes of the eyes/incision done, etc.. And so i got the full incision because i didn't want to pay $2,000 and have the possibility that the fold will disappear over time. Others love how my eyes turned out and I think that I am recovering quite fast and well. I scar very easily so I was a bit worried the full incision but it's looking fine although with the full incision, the eyes become much more swollen than w/o the full incision, obviously. M eyes swell up like crazy when i wake up in the morning but it goes down in an hour or two.

what kind of incision?

well like i mentioned before, the full incision however i told my doctor specifically how I wanted 'the cut'. i personally do not like the ssangappeul that look like sokssangappeul and i'm using MONICA (i hope you dont mind) as an example.

15f6d937.jpg

i mean honestly, why pay so much for something like that where it doesn't look almost any different? I wanted distinct creases; i hope i explained this right :sweatingbullets: i could get something like this with glue/tape easily.

AND SO, i asked my doctor to give me sort of an 'open cut' (sorry but i don' know what the exact term is for it). Open cut meaning that there is a space between the eye and the crease located in the inner corner of the eye.

a hurried picture of my eye --;

eye.jpg

(no makeup)

it's still swollen and the doctor said for all the swelling to go down it will take 3 months, plus i'm not opening my eyes all the way just slightly closed so you could see the crease better :).

but do you understand what i am talking about? :ph34r:

also what miportant detail i told my doctor is that i wanted him to cut parallel along the shape of my eye, which was important and i already liked my eyeshape and such ..

did it hurt?

not @ all! i liked the way my doctor put me to sleep, i was half awake and half asleep :) i felt like i was heaven and could fly because I felt so relaxed. no shots around the eyes to make it numb or anything.

the only part that actually hurt was the shot itself in my arm, it was a sort of a thick needle -_-

and i felt pain when the stitches were being taken out, only small pinches so very minimal pain :)

i'm sorry, i dont have any pictures right after the surgery.

any questions?

if i dont answer here PM me bc i probably havent seen your question if i dont answer it;

Guest FantasyClover

^yes very beautiful shape, and the height is just perfect. Open cut is fine, however i prefered the closed cut. wow u fell asleep! lucky girl, i was awake the whole time eek!

Guest babygrace

^haha, oh man really?

what was it like when you were awake?

Guest FantasyClover

^haha, oh man really?

what was it like when you were awake?

mine was painful. much more painful compared to all the other ones in this thread. it was the shots that was the most painful. First it hurts, then it burns, and then it starts STINGING. It wasn't just one shot, it was like several on each eye. After a while my eyes started feeling very very heavy and tired (swollen from the shots). then i couldn't feel a thing. By the time the surgeon was stitching it up, the anesthia started wearing off. I dind't want more shots since that was also painful, so i had to endure feeling every stitch going in and out of my skin. horrible experience. so kudos to u! u have been blessed w/ an easy ride :sweatingbullets:

Guest babygrace

oh dear god, poor baby :(

didnt realize how easy i got it, but i hoped yours turned out wonderfully..

are your after pictures posted up in this thread love?

Guest FantasyClover

oh dear god, poor baby :(

didnt realize how easy i got it, but i hoped yours turned out wonderfully..

are your after pictures posted up in this thread love?

it was a year and a half ago i'll try and post one up soon :)

Guest hunny~bunny

ah but i love monica's eyes the most though. urs is pretty too though =)

Guest MONICA

what kind of incision?

well like i mentioned before, the full incision however i told my doctor specifically how I wanted 'the cut'. i personally do not like the ssangappeul that look like sokssangappeul and i'm using MONICA (i hope you dont mind) as an example.

i mean honestly, why pay so much for something like that where it doesn't look almost any different? I wanted distinct creases; i hope i explained this right :sweatingbullets: i could get something like this with glue/tape easily.

haha i understand what you mean, but there's different circumstances for different people. if i could've gotten mine bigger, i would've, but the doctor told me that if i do it any bigger it would look unnatural and awkward because of the different factors that had to be kept in mind. money shouldn't be a factor for how different you want your surgery to look. it should be based on what you should get and if that will match you. money is a definite part of any surgery and IMO, if you can afford any type of cosmetic surgery, then you should not worry about how much is being involved because you will pay for the consequences later due to the regrets. my doctor even told me that i might regret not getting it bigger later on, but he said people who get them too big regret it even more because it doesn't match their face.

it's good that you got to get what kind of fold you wanted, but not everyone is as lucky as you to get exactly what they want because everyone's face is different.

Guest theskinnygirl

15f6d937.jpg

eye.jpg

^ Both of yours, closed and open cuts turned out great. I personally like the close cut better, because it tends to fit the asian face better. Open cuts, however, are very good for make up and pictures. It can really bring out your eyes if it turns out good. Yours obviously turn out good.

Guest FantasyClover

u have to consider that grace's eyes are still swollen. wait a month and it'll be beautiful

Guest hunny~bunny

but also remember that monica has a picture of her eyes almost right after her surgery. so it doesnt look UTTERLY different after the swelling goes down. either way, grace was lucky her incision cut came out beautifully. not everyone's eyes will look good like that.

Guest Mademoisella

wow grace<333* your open cut seems very nice!

how would your consider hyori's eyes, i luv how her eyes are so moon shape!

Guest KIM_SAYS:

eye.jpg

Wow, definitely not bad at all. :) I keep hearing like open cuts aren't good for Asian faces, but yours turned out very well! It's gonna look absolutely beautiful when the swelling completely goes down.

i suggest getting lasik when you're a little bit older because at around 18 most people's eyes still change a lot. i'm planning to get lasik done when i finish college, or later if my eyes are still not so stable. i don't think there is much concern for getting one surgery after the other. i think recovery time for lasik is just sleeping for a few hours...at least that's what someone who did it told me.

aznxchica: i think two days is a bit short...even though i didn't have much swelling or bruising, i still kept my sunglasses on the whole day when i went out. but it also depends on how well you recover, so just relax when you go through the surgery. my doctor said that the more you strain, there will be mroe swelling and bruising afterwards

HI KIMMIE!!!! <3333

Get ssang gah peul first. And get Lasik when you're around 22-24. So that your vision will stabilize. Getting Lasik done before college is a nono...because think of how bad your eyesight will get from all that studying, using the computer...etc..etc

But I would recommend you not getting both surgeries at the same time.

and try not to use tape/glue, it'll stretch out your eyelids and make it all flabby =X

Ughhh yeah. :( It's just that I wear hard contacts and they're SUCH an effing hassle, especially when something gets in them and I seriously start tearing up because it hurts so bad. I end up looking like a druggie because my eyes are so watery and red. The only reason my mom says I should do Lasik first is because she says that I have a lot of fat and skin around my eyes and she thinks that my sssang gah peul will like shrink and disappear by the time I'm like 30 or something. :blink: Like my cousin got hers done and the crease got so small that it looked like she didn't even get them done and she ended up having to redo it.

But I told my mom what you guys said and I didn't really get a response other than a "Really?" Then she told me to go get some onions from the fridgerator.

Guest MONICA

but also remember that monica has a picture of her eyes almost right after her surgery. so it doesnt look UTTERLY different after the swelling goes down. either way, grace was lucky her incision cut came out beautifully. not everyone's eyes will look good like that.

yeah, grace's eyes look good. and getting the open cut works for her, but for most people, it won't look that good. haha.

oh yeah! and you get your surgery tomorrow?? right??

oh and i don't think our [grace and i] eyes look that different...like the crease length. it seems about the same length considering the fact that mine is not very swollen, and her's are still in the process of un-swelling or whatever you call it. i think mine just looks smaller because it's a closed cut

Guest hunny~bunny

^it was SUPPOSED to be tomorrow but my dumb mom rescheduled it 2 days later -_-. omgsh hahah im nervous. but not as nervous knowing yours came out VERY naturally and beautiful and that the same doc that performed urs (dr. park?) is performing on me. ackk wish me luck

Guest FantasyClover

^it was SUPPOSED to be tomorrow but my dumb mom rescheduled it 2 days later -_-. omgsh hahah im nervous. but not as nervous knowing yours came out VERY naturally and beautiful and that the same doc that performed urs (dr. park?) is performing on me. ackk wish me luck

good luck!!!!! don't worry u won't die, ur eyes will turn out beautifully! :):):)

Guest hunny~bunny

haha thank you. funny how that one comment made me feel better =)