MTV Skins

NEVERland

I watched the first episode (couldn't watch anymore...), and I don't like it as much as the original.

The acting isn't as great and the actor who plays Tony isn't nearly as attractive...

I can't believe they got rid of Maxxie, who was pretty much my favorite character, for a lesbian...

And I adored Cassie in the UK Skins... and they changed her too (Caddie?? Really??).

Guest easyascake

I watched the first ep and couldn't stand it, I stopped watching after 15-ish minutes.

It's kind of cool that it was filmed in my city but other than that it does not live up to the UK original.

Perhaps if they had gone with an original storyline rather than giving us a play-by-play with American/Canadian actors it could have taken a different maybe better route.

Or perhaps they should have cast relatively unknown yet somewhat experienced actors instead of picking `em from obscurity. The acting might've been more tolerable.

I really wanted them to keep the Maxxie&Anwar friendship.

Guest PowChikaPowWow

I watched the first episode (couldn't watch anymore...), and I don't like it as much as the original.

The acting isn't as great and the actor who plays Tony isn't nearly as attractive...

I can't believe they got rid of Maxxie, who was pretty much my favorite character, for a lesbian...

And I adored Cassie in the UK Skins... and they changed her too (Caddie?? Really??).

Of course they're going to go for the lesbian over the gay guy. Lesbians sell, and they're more "socially accepted"== more male viewers.

I only watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode and then stopped. Terrible.

Guest kayana20

I can'twatch it at all. I see it come on and turn the channel. They could never be as awesome as the original cast and I am mad MTV didn't even do reference shoutouts in the script to the actors to show they respect the original series. This version is an embarrassing mess and needs to be canned. Skins was about so but so much more.The actors cannot even get the feelings out correctly either.

Guest Babysoul

Omg, I will admit that I was drawn into the US Skins more than the UK one. I watched the UK one first and I don't know, I think it might have been hard for me to understand their accent and the lack of music that turned me off. So when the US one came out, I watched the first episode and liked it better than the UK one. The actor who plays Stanley is so adorable and I enjoyed the music. However, the acting was horrible! It was so bad I laughed xD So while waiting for episode 2 of the US one to air, I decided to watch the UK one. I am so glad I did. The acting is 100x better and the chemistry between each character is so real. The emotions they portrayed were so vivid while the US one is definitely lacking. I can't believe the US version changed Cassie and Maxxie. They're my two favourite characters! Anyway, I will never watch another episode of US Skins again =)

Archived