[Drama 2011] Thorn Tree Bird / The Thorn Birds 가시나무새

creidesca

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, a very good episode (and for the nth time, did not exactly go the way the written preview had it down).

Secondly, press conference scene will be in the final EP, as well as, the scenes of a deteriorating YK, since we did not see any of those in EP 19.

Be back in a bit for highlights.

Creidesca. How did u find the spoiler's stills? Under which section of the kbs website? Because I went to KBS Gasi. I only see a few pics of the Ep 19.

The spoiler stills are from the drama's HP, the 1st link in the 3rd column from the right/left. They only had 2 posts worth of stills, which did not contain the several that I have, but if you look at the properties of the pictures at the drama's HP, and look closely at how each file is numbered, going by that you can look up the other photos that they decided not to post yet or decided not to post at all though they uped it. Of course, I went through all that so supposedly no more new spoiler stills since my last post.

HIGHLIGHTS from EP 19, events likely out of order:

After drawing blood, YK was glad for the opportunity to be allowed to have her blood drawn? She thanked YJ? I'm not sure whether she had any requests, but YJ was really cold towards her and left to go get JE who was waiting at the drawing station waiting area. YK followed him there and another exchange b/w the 2. I believe JE understood YK's plight and wanted to help, but YJ was very cold and adamant, pulling JE away while JE kept looking back at YK.

YJ, JE meet up w/ MJ & HB. Don't know if JE said anything, but it might have prompted MJ to go look for her daughter? YK is still in the waiting area of the drawing station I believe when MJ comes upon her. Not many words passed b/w the 2 before YK became nauseous and ran to the restroom to vomit. I believe YK knows about her own condition and told her mom about it.

Back at home, a sit down b/w YJ, MJ, and JE. I forgot what happens here, but MJ might have said something about YK's condition? Which gets JE worried about Han Byul. YJ is still pretty unfeeling and the meeting breaks up when HB comes into the room.

Day after, YJ & YG are together, discussing. In pops HS! Hilarious moment, as I think this is the first time YG meets YJ's half-brother. In the moment of greeting/hugging/calling YG bro, HS forgets to tell YJ why he is there till YJ interrupts the exchange b/w YG & HS.

A reporter is interested in JE's background? YJ, HS, and MR managed to circumvent her? The reporter next sees CJD to report back? Don't know what is going on there, but after the reporter leaves, YK arrives. She attempts to blackmail CJD? But it didn't seem to work? So YK said some parting words to the VP who was also in the room. CJD is livid after learning what the VP did, hitting/punching the VP and at one point pulls out a golf club but the VP holds him back, asking for forgiveness.

CJD makes a call, and we see a bunch of thugs/goons leaving from Haeju Pictures later. A personnel of Haeju calls YG after seeing the goons leaving the Haeju offices. YG, in turn, calls YJ, and after listening, makes a U-turn heading to Han's.

YK, having just arrived back at Han's hears cries/screams coming from the offices. She sees the place in a mess and one of her staff frightened. The goons/thugs start coming after her for what they came to look for. YJ comes in time and attempts to fend them off. One of the goons recognized who YJ was and as the other goon was about to do YJ some serious damage, he was called off and the goons left.

The female staff then calls KW, and YJ takes the phone from her. KW, who originally was driving, pulls over to finish listening to what YJ had to say. He is very angry. He comes to his father's office. He came upon the VP still trying to protect himself from CJD's wrath. Words are exchanged b/w father & son, I think KW said some things that must have raised questions for CJD.

more in a bit.

As I did mention, things are out of order. I forgot to mention that after the reporter left YJ/HS/MR, the scene went over to Han's where there was a discussion about JE? Anyways, YK stopped all conversation and loudly had the staff leave. Words exchanged b/w YK & YK. I think it was after this that YK went to see CJD at his office as the reporter was leaving?

And back to where I left off:

YK is in her offices, attempting to straighten up. YJ comes in, berating YK. I think he's disappointed with her?

The next day, JE & YJ are w/ the doctor to listen about the test results. I wish I knew what was said, but it began first about Han Byul and later went on about YK's results. Did the doctor mention about "bilirubin" levels? Could YK have some liver problem? Both YJ and JE are shocked by the news.

The 2 head over to Han's. JE I think wanted him to come along w/ her to meet YK to tell her the news, but YJ declines, likely after his berating her the night before?

Meeting YK, JE can't seem to look her in the eye as she relates to YK the news. JE is surprised/shocked that YK might have already known? That YK didn't do anything about it?

After this, JE is in the van that is for her, heading out to the filming location. She fingers her engagement ring.

Popping over to HS & MR, I don't know what they are exactly doing except maybe it has something to do w/ winning over HS's mom. Hilarious, sweet, touching moment before and after HS's mom comes and leaves upon hearing about Han Byul from MR.

YJ's/HS's mom arrives at Auntie/Uncle's home, bearing gifts and wanting to see Han Byul. Han Byul and YJ comes in minutes later. I think the mom noticed that Han Byul was heating up w/ a fever?

Over at the filming location, JE rehearsing her lines? KW comes up and sits down. I don't know what is going on here either, but she takes a hold of his hand and does it have something to do w/ his father? Is she attempting to comfort him or is it some type of practice for the film? Or is she testing something else out? Anyways, at the end he moves the hand that she is holding onto back to her side and lets his hand go.

They start filming the scenes w/ Lee Su Young (Jang Min Ho cameo scene) late into the night. Back at home, YJ hears coughing noises coming from HB in MJ's room. Everyone is worried as he and MJ rushes her to the hospital. Han Byul is admitted. MJ calls YK. YK rushes to the hospital. MJ tells YJ that YK is coming? He is angry? He leaves the hospital room and he runs into YK who has just arrived. After another round of words, he leaves as YK runs to find where HB is located.

YJ drives to the filming location, likely to pick up JE so she could go see HB. YK, on the other hand, is inside her daughter's hospital room. She doesn't know what to do to help/or the right thing to do. HB repeatedly calls out for her mom (JE). At one point, YK talks to MJ about HB's name? She begins to understand something?

The night's filming has wrapped up (it's the scene where JE is hugging a child in that darkened place). JE comes up to KW for some words, but soon KW sees YJ, so JE looks in the direction KW was looking at and seeing YJ wonders what could be wrong for him to be there. She goes over to YJ. YJ doesn't tell her, but asks her to follow him. It wasn't till they arrived at the hospital did she begin to question YJ. When she learns that HB is sick, she rushes out, enters the hospital to go to HB.

She stops short upon entering the hospital room when she spots that YK was there. She doesn't know what to say. YK tells HB that HB's mother is there. HB calls out to her mom and JE comes to the hospital bed, checking out her child like a mother would when her child is sick, hugging her, comforting her. HB hugs her mom, w/ YK witnessing.

YK leaves and in the hallway, again runs into YJ. Don't know what was said here, but as she continues to leave, and YJ heads on, at one point he TURNS AROUND to look at YK. YK doesn't see this of course, but she makes it into the main lobby of the hospital before she collapses.

END of EP

I'm sure I must have missed out on several other scenes.

edit: it looks like they are in the process of updating the drama's HP w/ the final written preview. I see the picture thumbnail for EP 20, but when you click on it, it goes to the EP 19 written preview.

Thanks creidesca one more day.... With great appreciation for your bard work thanks...

It looks like JE will have to step up when YK's illness is known. How lucky is YK that JE is the person entrusted with her "throw away" family..

One more episode and hope for the best for all... Justice..

Okay, 1 of the news articles regarding today's EP states that what YK has is: autoimmune hepatitis. More on the disease can be found HERE. So I heard "bilirubin" correctly. And from wiki, this disease affects more women than it does men.

Okay, 1 of the news articles regarding today's EP states that what YK has is: autoimmune hepatitis. More on the disease can be found HERE. So I heard "bilirubin" correctly. And from wiki, this disease affects more women than it does men.

Spoiler...

Autoimmune conditions are hard to treat, conditions may be incurable and treated depending on the signs and symptoms exhibited by each individual.... Luckily it wasn't HB, good luck to YK. JE will definitely allow the birth mother-YK and HB-child relationship to flourish as the clock ticks away. JE will encourage JY to allow YK time with HB... JE would never prevent HB from spending time with YK. JE as the mother figure and nurturer for everyone will encourage YK be accepted and treated like a family member. JD is another story, this drama would never end if we continue, he's just as bad or worse than YK.. Will they bring each other down? After the dust settles I hope the everyone recovers to continue with live... One thing that is a given that YK's evil deeds will be overlooked and forgiven, what else, that's why we're addicted to Kdramas----redemption, forgiveness, acceptance, love.... Thanks creidesca.... Heeji, and all.... Lookin forward to a simply acceptable ending for our beloved Thorn Birds..

I don't follow this drama is because I can't understand why JE allows YK to do all those vicious things to her and yet she just quietly accepts it. Especially, when YK gave birth and lied to the nurse that she's JE. When YK called JE 'babo', I fully agree that JE is one!

... while waiting for the final episode here's a recent interviews with JSW--YJ ....

JSW and MOM (previously posted)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PikeYennyQOM?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/26/S1x1nSfjjCs

http://www.youtube.com/user/PikeYennyQOM?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/25/qLv1oMHLFKg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PikeYennyQOM?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/24/eZ1H0GlOaEc

http://www.youtube.com/user/PikeYennyQOM?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/23/BRE97A5-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qe4Sgwrnmw&feature=relmfu

Guest purpleZ

YK was glad for the opportunity to be allowed to have her blood drawn? She thanked YJ? I'm not sure whether she had any requests, but YJ was really cold towards her and left to go get JE who was waiting at the drawing station waiting area. YK followed him there and another exchange b/w the 2. I believe JE understood YK's plight and wanted to help, but YJ was very cold and adamant, pulling JE away while JE kept looking back at YK.

YK asked them to tell her when the results are out. But YJ said it's not necessary. When YK insisted, he coldly turn his back against her. But JE said she will tell her.

YK, having just arrived back at Han's hears cries/screams coming from the offices. She sees the place in a mess and one of her staff frightened. The goons/thugs start coming after her for what they came to look for. YJ comes in time and attempts to fend them off. One of the goons recognized who YJ was and as the other goon was about to do YJ some serious damage, he was called off and the goons left.

After the thugs were all gone, he was quite worried about her. I don't remember all the things they said. But he implied something like she should leave (escape), why she's living like this. YK asked him whether he really hates her that much. He replied something like he's frustrated seeing her like that.

YJ drives to the filming location, likely to pick up JE so she could go see HB. YK, on the other hand, is inside her daughter's hospital room. She doesn't know what to do to help/or the right thing to do. HB repeatedly calls out for her mom (JE). At one point, YK talks to MJ about HB's name? She begins to understand something?

I think Seo Han Byul's name is the combination of their last names Seo (from Jeong Eun's last name) Han (from Han Yoo Kyung's last name). YK said to MJ that HB really is SJE's daughter.

YK leaves and in the hallway, again runs into YJ. Don't know what was said here, but as she continues to leave, and YJ heads on, at one point he TURNS AROUND to look at YK. YK doesn't see this of course, but she makes it into the main lobby of the hospital before she collapses.

YK told him that she's really the person who should leave (implying that she's going to "leave" or "escape"). She told him that she's going somewhere for her work. She also told MJ that too. YJ was a little suspicious by her saying "leaving" and asked her to take care of her body. I don't remember everything they said. It seems to me that YJ still cares for her. After he found out about YK's disease, he was practically moody to everyone. Yelling at his colleagues. When he was driving, he was obviously distracted and kept thinking about it...

CJD found out that YK is the real daughter of MJ.

And...written EP 20 (FINALE) Preview (in Korean) (no clip yet):

prev20ads.jpg

유경은 위급한 상태라는 의사의 경고에도 퇴원해서 이애린 영화사를 되찾기 위해 애쓴다.

한편, 최종달의 간계로 과거 동영상 사건이 폭로되는데

명자가 기자회견에 나타나 자신의 죄를 고백하고 두 딸을 감싼다.

그 사이 유경은 모두에게 병을 비밀로 한 채 입원치료를 받지만 악화되고

뒤늦게 이를 안 정은은 유경을 집으로 데려가 가족들의 보살핌을 받게 하는데...

드디어 영화 <불멸의 사랑>이 극장에 걸리고 유경을 뺀 모든 이들이 시사회장에 모여든다

Archived