[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

OK! I will admit, ever since this series started.. I just cant get any studying done on a sunday. =(

The minute i wake up, i am thinking about when its going to air, once thats done, and i have watched it, then i am stalking viki and soompi for tid bits translations of my fav scenes...

Arg!

I tell you, never once, was i this smitten, not even secret garden ,Cinderella unni, or my g/f is a nine tailed fox.

I Dont know what the pull is for this drama....

I actually watched assorted gems, cuz i was smitten by this drama, and it had the same writer.

BUt, i didnt like it as much. i felt their were too many characters that, it was really spread out too thinly, and not enough character development.

I REALLY WANT TO THANK """ mhugh """ , because of your recap/summery I can finally go to sleep.

Dispite the fact that today was totally wasted....

YOUr recap, has put a smile on my face, and in my heart. =)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been salking this and viki, almost every 15 minutes, to see if my fav parts were subbed. Aaaaaaaa! you dont know how much i love you right now...

IF you were next to me , i would give you a hug.

And if you were next to be, perhaps, bough over some cupcakes... =)

OH and someone asked, above if the bed scene next week is going to be a dream..

I THINK YES, cuz, clothes in that scene were the same as todays episodes.

And the shopping date, has them wearing different clothes.

WHiCh imply's, he is dreaming again, or perhaps this time, our sa ran, is dreaming of it, based on the fact that he asked " if she had the confidence to be his wife?"

So, perhaps she realizes his true feelings... and gets to day dream.

seriously, as a viewer point of view.. its all good, dream or reality... We get to see what we want to see. lol.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK! I will admit, ever since this series started.. I just cant get any studying done on a sunday. =(

The minute i wake up, i am thinking about when its going to air, once thats done, and i have watched it, then i am stalking viki and soompi for tid bits translations of my fav scenes...

Arg!

I tell you, never once, was i this smitten, not even secret garden ,Cinderella unni, or my g/f is a nine tailed fox.

I Dont know what the pull is for this drama....

I actually watched assorted gems, cuz i was smitten by this drama, and it had the same writer.

BUt, i didnt like it as much. i felt their were too many characters that, it was really spread out too thinly, and not enough character development.

I REALLY WANT TO THANK """ mhugh """ , because of your recap/summery I can finally go to sleep.

Dispite the fact that today was totally wasted....

YOUr recap, has put a smile on my face, and in my heart. =)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been salking this and viki, almost every 15 minutes, to see if my fav parts were subbed. Aaaaaaaa! you dont know how much i love you right now...

IF you were next to me , i would give you a hug.

And if you were next to be, perhaps, bough over some cupcakes... =)

Thank you, luvanya, for that ebullient response. Just reading it put a smile on my face and warmed my heart. I really appreciate it and also for the hug and the cupcakes. Makes me wish I was right next to you. :) And I’m really happy that I cured your insomnia… at least for the night. :)

I know what you mean about some strange force pulling you toward this drama. On the surface for me, My Princess looked more appealing, but after a few episodes, this drama has so much more depth and appeal than My Princess. In a way, I’m glad it’s 50 episodes long for me to enjoy this that much longer, although I’m sure we’ll have our share of angst along the way as well.

@mhughthank you for the episode summary.

Makes me really interested in the next episode. The preview that they snippited together makes it look like things will start to change between dm and sr. I wonder what sr's secret into getting dm's dad to change.

I also agree what rr is a brat. But i like that fact that her grandfather doesn't let her get away with things. Guess he's trying to teach her while her parents are the one spoiler her. But from the dad's personalty it seems that the mom might have been the one to spoil her.

Thank you, kawaiiyuki. I don’t watch previews, because it ruins the actual episode for me if I know beforehand, but I’m also curious about what SR has in mind. I think DM’s falling not only for her looks and culinary skills but also for her wits and intelligence.

I agree with you about Ra-ra. Both of her real parents appear to be very superficial people, and the mother who raised her doesn’t appear to have a whole lot of real substance either (facial Botox? treatment, lying about it, juvenile act of putting lipstick on her husband’s face to appear he went astray because she feels insecure about his love for her, etc). Maybe the writer is trying to point out that while the environmental factor, you know how you raise a child, is important, we can’t ignore the genetic personality factor either.

Thanks Michael!

Great recap of the DM-SR scenes...

I haven't watched E10 yet...

... but I can just imagine DM talking about the Horizontal Mambo. :D:o LOL

Thank you, Anthony. You’re so funny. I haven’t heard the term, Horizontal Mambo, in a long time. :D

Guest valmylove

@mhugh thank so much for the ep recap!! It's hard to find any recap after the ep air so I look forward to your recaps from now on! It's good to know that SR is taming (teaching of course DM to become a better person

instead of how he was. I love all their bickering...reminds me of first love.

Guest bearscoby

cant imagine i have to wait for a week for SR & DM... i praying Andre will not get lost in the hands of gloomy boy.. aiyoh... cant understand tt hair dye style??

Guest kawaiiyuki

cant imagine i have to wait for a week for SR & DM... i praying Andre will not get lost in the hands of gloomy boy.. aiyoh... cant understand tt hair dye style??

"gloomy boy" said that he wanted to get the aproval from sr therefore dyed his hair. which i kinda understand cause sr is the older sister. dying his hair did catch sr's eye and she did say she doesn't hate him. she just doesn't want people to think badly of her sister (sorry can't remember her step sister's name) but just like you don't don't understand why only half his hair. i hope he changes it back!!!

Guest kawaiiyuki

@semifly

Maybe RR's mom knows that head giaseng has a crush on her hubby therefore she acts means or say evil things to her. you can tell she doesn't think of head giaseng as a friend and in fact would like nothing to do with her, hence does like when head giaseng was talking informally to her.

Have a feeling RR's mom knows that her hubby never really liked/love her. Due to knowing that she's afraid that head giaseng will steal him away. but in reality he's still love with head chef, except she doesn't know about head chef.

@mhugh thank so much for the ep recap!! It's hard to find any recap after the ep air so I look forward to your recaps from now on! It's good to know that SR is taming (teaching of course DM to become a better person

instead of how he was. I love all their bickering...reminds me of first love.

Thank you, valmylove. The recaps that I’ll be doing will be spotty, because I don’t have a whole lot of time to devote to this. So, I’ll most likely do just selected romantic conversations between Da-mo and Sa-ran as well as some major story lines. Besides, you probably don’t need much of recapping because people at Viki do such a great job of subbing.

thank you for the all summaries and discussion on this sweet, in-depth, and exciting drama, DM and SR are really cute together esp. in ep. 10, he really respects her to be able to resist initiating any physical contact and SR does really seem like the perfect wife for him, knowing how to "tame" all his bad manners

Guest kawaiiyuki

wow, the OST is out. Not really loving the cover but all that matters are the songs right? :P

Really excited about this coming weekends episode (does that make any sense? )

Even if DM has a daydream it would be interesting to see what brought it on.

Really excited about this coming weekends episode (does that make any sense? )

Even if DM has a daydream it would be interesting to see what brought it on.

Just a wild speculation about the bedroom fantasy sequence...

What if it's not either Da Mo or Sa Ran?!

Ji Hwa Ja, the stepmother...

She may be fantasizing how Da Mo and Sa Ran get together. :)

Just a thought about the preview shot of Da Mo & Sa Ran being followed and photographed.

Hwa Ja seems capable of asking her detective acquaintance to confirm her hopes.

I'll have to check the sequence & clothes against what Hwa Ja might have knowledge of... :):D

Guest kawaiiyuki

Just a wild speculation about the bedroom fantasy sequence...

What if it's not either Da Mo or Sa Ran?!

Ji Hwa Ja, the stepmother...

She may be fantasizing how Da Mo and Sa Ran get together. :)

Just a thought about the preview shot of Da Mo & Sa Ran being followed and photographed.

Hwa Ja seems capable of asking her detective acquaintance to confirm her hopes.

I'll have to check the sequence & clothes against what Hwa Ja might have knowledge of... :):D

OMG, i forgot about step mother. Totally have a point. If DM and SR can have their fantisizing moments why can't the adults too.

Interesting!

New Gisaeng Tale Ep 9 Recap is up!

Read it here (credits zealioner)

Interestingly the Part 1 OST does not have the ending theme song on it yet. :( I have yet to hear these two songs in the drama.

here are the YouTube links for those who don't want to download them.

몽연 (Mong-yeon) by MIJI

1 | 2

여악지가 (Yeo-ak-ji-ka) by MIJI

1 | 2

edit: yup it's 초원의 바람 - Wind over the meadow by Miji 미지

^^I think this is the ending song that everyone (including myself) is in love with? I wonder why it wasn't included in PART 1 of the OST. :blink:

^^I think this is the ending song that everyone (including myself) is in love with? I wonder why it wasn't included in PART 1 of the OST.  :blink:

That song was from MIJI's first album and was used for the teaser/trailer video. The ending theme is sung by Kim Shin Ah, which I hope they release soon. Kim sang for the drama God of Study also. But there are so many version of the ending theme though, like every other 2 episodes, its a different singer with different beat. Anyways, I rip the song from the video. Enjoy.

Link: Megaupload

초원의 바람 - 미지

^ It isn't the ending song but rather the one they used in the promotion videos. It's lovely though, very engaging.

Has anyone seen this fanvideo? This person created it after seen just the first two episodes; Da-mo and Sa-ran are just that mesmerizing. It's a beautiful FV. 

Strange and Beautiful

And if anyone is curious, someone has uploaded the Opening for Gisaeng on YT.

NTOTG Opening

- Kyu

Update: E09 & E10

"New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Team Gisaeng @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://www.viki.com/channels/2238/posts/5320-new-tales-of-the-gisaeng-2011-viki-softsubs/edit

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The softsub links will be in folders...

MU Folder: "New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=AR7PN5W4

MF Folder: "New Tales of the Gisaeng (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.mediafire.com/?x4b6qe3e6u662

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

SSSNTOTG.E09.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.98%.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJ8KLP2Y

SSSNTOTG.E10.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.96%.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8RLFIYY

We wanted to let everyone enjoy the subtitles we have done...

... so the release is when the subbing wasn't fully completed.

The softsubs will probably be redone when both episodes are 100% complete. :):D:o

Thank you, flounder2004 and Auntie Mame.

Because of his tense neck muscle, SR suggests taking a break at the nearby park. When he doesn’t even think about going home, she asks him what the fight with his father was about. He tells her that he just wanted his father to be nice to his mother.

“Really? (That’s was it?)” She asks him.

“Yes. What he said was essentially, how I dare attack him.”

She asks him if he was temperamental with his father, and DM tells her that he started out nicely, but then his father became angrier. He tells her that his father is ultra old-fashioned where to him, husband is heaven, wife earth, and kids are to obey father without question.

SR has an idea, “What do you think about pressuring your father to change?”

Tiredly, “I got fired for uttering one word too many of (such) pressure.”

“Not that kind of method. I’m talking about a way for him to truly appreciate the importance of his wife.”

That gets his attention, “How?”

thanks for this summary as i wait for my esp 10 dl~! this writer did OH heaven right> the cheesy and romance between the leads has the same feel ..SR is really so beautiful

there will be alot of heartache waiting..at how the story going to go

making of

source sbs

My link

Guest eunji12

I wish this drama would go a little faster, esp. with the scenes with the two leads. It's going too slow, to the point of being boring half the episode. And the two leads seem so awkward together I wish the writer would just include other characters with them or have them break up or something. I love the costumes and there are some interesting characters and storylines but the two main leads need a better story.

Archived