[Movie 2011] [Premiere 2011-03-03] Come Rain Come Shine 사랑한다, 사랑하지 않는다

Guest blue84

Director : Lee Yoon Ki , Cast : Im Soo Jung, Hyun Bin
The upcoming Lee Yoon Gi film, titled I Love You, I Don’t Love You, has finally set a premiere date. It will hit theatres on February 24th.

Starring Hyun Bin and Im Soo Jung, the film tells the story of a couple who are on the brink of divorce five years into their marriage. The woman (Im Soo Jung) plans to move out because she has found a new lover, and the man (Hyun Bin) is the kind of person who takes careful care of others, but is impossible to read.

Filming ended after just two weeks late last year. I Love You, I Don’t Love You is Hyun Bin’s last film before he enters the army in March, and is the second film of Im Soo Jung’s to premiere in the space of three months (the first being the romantic comedy Finding Kim Jong-wook, which premiered in December).

(Via Osen)

Thanks for information from Dahee's PlasticCastle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

Some info on director Lee. :)

Lee Yoon-Gi

P0000028_pl58001.jpg

profile from Deauville Film Festival

Born july 1st, 1965 in daejon, south korea, lee yoon-ki graduated from the department of business administration at usc (university of southern california) in the united states. after his return to south korea, he began building his film career, working as a producer and director of several short films. his first feature film as director and writer, "this charming girl", won the new currents awards at the 2004 pusan international film festival. this intimate portrait of a lonely young woman attracted lots of attention from international festivals, including the deauville asian film festival where it won the jury prize. his second film, "love talk", shot entirely on location in the united states, told the story of a group of expatriated south koreans trying to adapt to living in the los angeles area. "ad lib night", an uncluttered drama on inner sorrows, was selected at the forum of the berlin film festival in 2006 and won the critics' prize at the deauville asian film festival. "my dear enemy" is lee's fourth feature.

FILMOGRAPHY

Director

Breakfast At Tiffany's

- Ha Jung-Woo, Soo Ae

I Love You, I Don't Love You (2011.02.24)

- Im Soo-Jung, Hyun Bin

My Dear Enemy (2008.09.25)

- Jeon Do-Yeon, Ha Jung-Woo

Ad-lib Night (2006.11.30)

- Han Hyo-Joo, Kim Young-Min, Choi Il-Hwa

Love Talk (2005.11.11)

- Bae Jong-Ok, Park Jin-Hee, Park Hee-Soon

This Charming Girl (2005.03.10)

- Kim Ji-Soo, Hwang Jung-Min

Producer

Ad-lib Night (2006)

Scriptwriter

My Dear Enemy (2008)

Ad-lib Night (2006)

Love Talk (2005)

This Charming Girl (2005)

My Dear Enemy :wub:

Jeon Do-Yeon, Lee Yoon-Gi, Ha Jung-Woo

M0040013__10.jpg

cine21

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[a bit outdated profile from KOFIC]

LEE Yoon-ki ( 이윤기 / 李胤基 )

Field:  Director, Screenplay 

116349266984351001_175762%5B1%5D.jpg

Biography 

In his debut film < This Charming Girl >, director LEE portrayed with an unerring eye the ordinary feelings of loneliness, the memories of a broken heart, and the internal transformation wrought by the energy of a new love as experienced by one ordinary woman. Through "sensitivity more delicate than that of a female director" and "a solid presentation that belies his status as a novice director," LEE has caught the attention of many critics in South Korea. He graduated from U.S.C in America and worked on “A Contempt” Best Picture Award in 1st Seoul Short Film Festival and “Promise” M/V as like Producer. He directed “Love of Contemporary” The final selection work in 2nd Seoul Short Film Festival and wrote < Love Talk > a Winning piece of work in 2nd Best Film public subscription. He worked on “A watercolor in the raining day” (1989), “Like Rain, Like Music” (1992) and “A crashing Love” (1996) as like Assistant Director.< This Charming Girl >(2004) and < Love Talk > (2005) are Written and Directed by him. He also Directed “The house I lived” (2005)and < Ad Lib Night >(2006). 

Filmography

2006 AD LIB NIGHT (Screenplay, Director)  

2005 Love Talk (Screenplay, Director)  

2004 This Charming Girl (Screenplay, Director)  

International Film Festivals

2009  Deauville Asian Film Festival (AD LIB NIGHT) (Tributes) 

2009  Deauville Asian Film Festival (Love Talk) (Tributes) 

2009  Deauville Asian Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Tributes) 

2009  Festival International du FILM de MARRAKECH (This Charming Girl) (Tribute to South Korean Cinema ) 

2009  International Fajr Film Festival (AD LIB NIGHT) (Korean Cinema) 

2009  Seattle International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Emerging Masters ) 

2008  International Fajr Film Festival (AD LIB NIGHT) (Eastern Vista: Competition of Asian Cinema) 

2007  Donostia San Sebastian International Film Festival (AD LIB NIGHT) (Zabaltagi-Perls) 

2006  Barcelona Asian Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Asian Selection ) 

2006  Castellinaria International Festival of Films for Youth (This Charming Girl) () 

2006  International Film Festival of India (Love Talk) (Cinema of the World ) 

2006  Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (Love Talk) (Competition) 

2006  Las Palmas de Gran Canaria International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) () 

2005  Berlin International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Forum: NETPAC) 

2005  Deauville Asian Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Competition : The Lotus jury Prize) 

2005  Fribourg International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Full-length Feature Films in Competition ) 

2005  Hong Kong International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Global Vision ) 

2005  Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Another View ) 

2005  Melbourne International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Regional Focus ) 

2005  Philadelphia International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (New Korean Cinema ) 

2005  Seattle International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Contemporary World Cinema ) 

2005  Singapore International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Asian Features ) 

2005  Stockhom International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Spotlight- Female Revenge ) 

2005  Sundance International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (World Cinema Dramatic Competition) 

2005  Vancouver International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) (Dragons and Tigers) 

2005  Zurich Film Festival (This Charming Girl) () 

2005  Singapore International Film Festival (This Charming Girl) () 

Thanks kdramafanusa because of some information. Could you post some pictures to make this thread interesting! thanks!:lol:this thread lack of colourful pictures!

aaaaaaha I found it :D I am posting this first news again

현빈-임수정 멜로영화 '사랑한다...', 2월 24일 개봉

Bin - Lim melodrama 'I love you ...', released February 24

2011011210071368410_1.jpg

현빈 임수정 주연의 멜로 영화 ‘사랑한다, 사랑하지 않는다’가 오는 2월 24일 관객과 만난다.

‘사랑한다, 사랑하지 않는다’는 최고의 신드롬을 일으키고 있는 배우 현빈과 여배우로 차곡차곡 스펙트럼을 넓혀가고 있는 배우 임수정이 영화 ‘여자, 정혜’ ‘멋진 하루’ 등을 연출한 이윤기 감독과 함께 그려낸 멜로 영화.

남자가 생겨 집을 나가겠다는 여자와 세심한 배려로 속 마음을 알 수 없는 남자. 결혼 5년차 두 사람이 이별을 앞두고 벌이는 마음의 숨바꼭질을 그린 영화다.

한편 ‘사랑한다, 사랑하지 않는다’는 경기공연영상위원회가 한국영화 투자사업의 일환으로 조성한 경기영상펀드를 통해 투자된 1호 작품이다.

google translation

Melodrama starring Hyun Bin Lim 'I love you, love is not' coming on February 24 and met with the audience.

'I  love you, I do not' cause syndrome of the best actor and actress in  breaking Bin widening spectrum of the film actor Lim 'This Charming  Girl' great day ', and melodrama directed yiyungi depicted with the  director.

Leave home than men, due to her attention to detail and an unknown man in mind. Goodbye to two people getting married five years ahead and seek to grab sums of mind.

Meanwhile,  'I love you, love is not' the Korea Film Commission show the game film  video game venture funds raised as part of the No. 1 work is funded  through.

Guest kdramafanusa

Thanks kdramafanusa because of some information. Could you post some pictures to make this thread interesting! thanks!:lol:this thread lack of colourful pictures!

I will post their profiles & pics. :)

from Cine21

S0000001_01[X100,100].jpgM0040003_l[X100,100].jpg 

Im Soo-Jung

DOB: July 11, 1980

FILMOGRAPHY

Finding Kim Jong-Wook (2010.12.08)

Jeon WooChi (2009.12.23)

Happiness (2007.10.03)

I'm A Cyber, But That's Ok (2006.12.07)

Lump Sugar (2006.08.10)

Sad Movie (2005.10.20)

I'm Sorry I Love You (KBS2)

...ing (2003.11.28)

Tale Of Two Sisters (2003.06.13)

cine21

Hyun Bin

DOB: September 25, 1982

FILMOGRAPHY

Late Autumn (2011)

Tears Of Africa (MBC; narrator)

Secret Garden (SBS)

I Am Happy (2009.11.26)

Friend, Our Legend (MBC; 2009.06.27 ~ )

Worlds Within (KBS2; 2008)

Snow Queen (KBS2; 2006)

Millionaire's First Love (2006.02.09)

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon (MBC; 2005)

Ireland (MBC; 2004.09.01 ~)

Bodyguard (KBS2; 2003)

cine21

hancinema news about the movie

20110112C7F6BAF3_129480929549.jpg

Hyeon Bin will move to dominate the screens with movie "Love, or Not".

This mellow movie has a story of a delicate goodbye with Hyeon Bin and Im Soo-jeong as lead actors.

Hyeon Bin plays a very considerate yet, hard to know kind of person. Im Soo-jeong  plays the role of a woman who leaves the house because of a man. This  movie is about a five years married couple and their lives playing  hide-and-seek in their hearts.

"Love, or Not" is the first G Cinema project, invested by the Kyeonggi video fund.

kdramafanusa I cant remember ıf I were there before and wrote something but ıts not matter !! nice to meet you! :D

and most of the people dont know that im soo jung also played in movie "Romantic Pesident" and also tv teen drama "school 4" ;)

and also if you want to redirect to this movies two lead artist fun threads

hyun bin:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/43-hyun-bin/page__pid__16824155__st__26100#entry16824155

im soo jung:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/100-im-soo-jung-%EC%9E%84%EC%88%98%EC%A0%95/page__st__2640__p__16823826#entry16823826

Guest happynuna_a

Hello ,everyone

blue84 -thank you for starting this thread.

the update from Binnie official site.The presscon for this movie will be on Jan,20.

Time: 14:30

Guest kdramafanusa

Wonder which english title is chosen, we'll probably have to wait til the the press conference day. ..

EDIT: based on today's press release, the international title is 'Come Rain Come Shine'

Thanks Evok and kdramafanusa for helping me supplying some pictures as well as information.In fact, I rarely post pictures and news so I'm not good at posting everything from Internet. Evrery time when I need to post anything I must ask someone. This week I have test at school but I always wait for Im Soo Jung 's news.So both of you helped me althought I want to  look for Im Soo Jung's information for our thread by myself. Sorry about that! Nice to make friends with you!!!!!!!!!! Evok and Kdramafanusa as well as people like Im Soo Jung!!!!!!!!!

Guest kdramafanusa

^ Kim , you are fast. :)

The power of Lee Yoon-ki!  His previous works 'This Charming Girl' (won Netpac Award), 'Ad Lib Night', 'My Dear Enemy' were also shown there.

~

Berlin Film Festival unveils 2011 line-up

Jan 18, 2011, 14:06 GMT

Berlin - European cinema is to take centre stage at next month's Berlin Film Festival, according to the programme announced by Berlinale organizers on Tuesday.

About half the total of 22 films to be screened in the 61st festival's main competition are from European directors.

Among the lineup of films is the world premiere of A Torinoi Lo (The Turin Horse) from famed Hungarian director Bela Tarr as well as Les femmes du 6eme etage (Service Entrance) from French filmmaker Philippe Le Guay.

Saranghanda, Saranghaji Anneunda (Come Rain Come Shine) from South Korean director Lee Yoon-ki is the only Asian movie that has so far been included in the main competition. Starring Lim Soo-jung and Hyun Bin, the movie is to receive its world premiere in Berlin.

Of the movies selected for the festival's main competition 16 are world premieres.

Considered one of the world's top film festivals, the Berlinale opens on February 10 with a remake of the 1960's western classic True Grit by American directors Joel and Ethan Coen.

US filmmakers also have a strong presence at the festival, which is to include The Forgiveness of Blood from American director Joshua Marston.

Iranian director Asghar Farhadi returns to the festival for the international premiere of his latest movie Jodaeiye Nader az Simin (Nader And Simin, A Separation).

As a sign of solidarity with the jailed Iranian filmmaker Jafar Panahi, the Berlinale is to screen several of his movies.

@Deutsche Presse-Agentur

m&g

~

Berlin Tones Down the Hollywood Glitz and Ups the Indie Grit for 2011 edition

10:26 AM 1/18/2011 by Scott Roxborough

'Unknown Identity,' 'Margin Call' among Berlin Competition titles.

BERLIN -- Berlin is toning down the Hollywood glitz and upping the indie grit for its 2011 edition, with few mainstream titles but many intriguing art house features in the running for this year's Golden Bear.

Margin Call, a thriller from director JC Chandor starring Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Demi Moore and Jeremy Irons, will have its international premiere in competition in Berlin. The film is set in an investment bank during a 24-hour period at the start of the financial meltdown.

Joshua Marston, whose Oscar-nominated Columbian feature Maria Full of Grace won a Berlin Silver Bear in 2004, returns with the world premiere of The Forgiveness of Blood, a drama set in Albania.

Two of Germany's most influential filmmakers -- Wim Wenders and Werner Herzog -- will go head-to-head with non-fiction 3D projects in Berlin. Wenders' dance film Pina about the late choreographer Pina Bausch will screen out of competition while Herzog's 3D doc Cave of Forgotten Dreams will receive a special gala screening at the Berlinale Palast.

Another 3D entry is Tales Of The Night, the latest animated feature from famed French director Michel Ocelot (Kirikou and the Sorceress, Azur and Asmar ), which will be the first 3D film to screen in competition in Berlin.

The Coen Brothers' Western remake True Grit starring Jeff Bridges, will open the 61st Berlin International Film Festival Feb. 10. And Jaume Collet-Serra's thriller Unknown Identity with Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger, January Jones and Aidan Quinn. will enjoy a gala, out of competition, screening in Berlin.

But you'd have to look long and hard for another multiplex-friendly title in Berlin's 2011 lineup.

Hotly anticipated is actor Ralph Fiennes' directorial debut, Coriolanus, starring Gerard Butler, Vanessa Redgrave and Brian Cox but an adaptation of one of Shakespeare's lesser-known plays hardly spells guaranteed box office.

Instead Berlin earns some independent cred with lower budget fare, such as Miranda July's The Future or Yelling To The Sky by Victoria Mahoney starring Zoe Kravitz, Precious' Gabourey Sidibe and Tim Blake Nelson.

Coriolanus and Lipstikka, a London and Jerusalem-set thriller from director Jonathan Sagall, are the sole British titles in Berlin competition this year and, shockingly, there are no Scandinavian films in the official lineup. Nordic films usually have pride of place in Berlin but this year, fans of Scandi cinema will have to go to Berlin's sidebar sections, particular the young and kids section Generations.

Even more scandalous, there is a single, solitary Asian film in Berlin competition this year: Come Rain Come Shine from Korean director Lee Yoon-ki (This Charming Girl).

Two German features are in competition this year: the terrorist drama If Not Us, Who, from documentary film maker Andres Veiel and Sleeping Sickness from director Ulrich Kohler. But as much, if not more attention may go to a pair of German language entries running out of competition: the crime drama My Best Enemy from Austria's Wolfgang Murnberger (The Bone Man) and Almanya, a debut feature from Yasemin Samdereli which looks at the hot button issues of immigration and integration in Germany.

Also certain to be seen through the political lens is Nader And Simin, A Separation from Iranian director Asghar Farhadi, whose About Elly won the best director Silver Bear in Berlin in 2009. Iranian cinema has received unwelcome attention from the Islamic regime in Tehran after directors Jafar Panahi and Muhammad Rasoulof were sentenced to six years in jail for making films without official government sanction.

In a show of solidarity, Berlin will screen several of Panahi's films during the festival, which runs Feb. 10-20.

The full line up for the 2011 Berlin International Film Festival follows.

Opening Film

True Grit, USA

Dir. Joel and Ethan Coen

In Competition

Almanya, Germany

Dir. Yasemin Samdereli

Mysterious World, Argentina/Germany/Uruguay

Dir. Rodrigo Moreno

Come Rain Come Shine, Republic of Korea

Dir. Lee Yoon-ki

Coriolanus, Great Britain

Dir. Ralph Fiennes

Innocent Saturday, Russia/Germany/Ukraine

Dir. Alexander Mindadze

Lipstikka, Israel/Great Britain

Dir. Jonathan Sagall

Margin Call, USA

Dir. JC Chandor

My Best Enemy,  Austria/Luxemburg

Dir. Wolfgang Murnberger

Nader And Simin, A Separation, Iran

Dir. Asghar Farhadi

Our Grand Despair, Turkey/Germany/Netherlands

Dir. Seyfi Teoman

Service Entrance, France

Dir. Philippe Le Guay

Sleeping Sickness, Germany/France/Netherlands

Dir. Ulrich Kohler

Tales Of The Night, France

Dir. Michel Ocelot

The Forgiveness Of Blood, USA

Dir. Joshua Marston

The Prize, Mexico/France/Poland/Germany

Dir. Paula Markovitch

The Turin Horse, Hungary/France/Germany/Switzerland

Dir. Bela Tarr

Unknown Identity, Germany/Great Britain / France

Dir. Jaume Collet-Serra

Out of Competition

Pina, Germany/France

Dir. Wim Wenders

The Future, Germany/USA

Dir. Miranda July

If Not Us, Who, Germany

Dir. Andres Veiel

Yelling To The Sky, USA

Dir.Victoria Mahoney

Special Screenings:

Cave Of Forgotten Dreams, USA

Dir. Werner Herzog

Offside, Iran

Dir Jafar Panahi

@Hollywood Reporters

~

Guest kdramafanusa

complete press release can be found here

Jan 18, 2011:

The Competition of the 61st Berlinale

The selection for the Competition programme of the 61st Berlin International Film Festival has been completed. It includes 22 films, 16 of which will be competing for the awards.

In addition there will be two special screenings: In solidarity with the convicted Iranian director Jafar Panahi, his film Offside will be presented on February 11, the anniversary of the Iranian Revolution. Also, the European premiere of Werner Herzog’s 3D documentary Cave of Forgotten Dreams will be shown as a special screening in the Berlinale Palast. In all, three 3D films are to be presented in the Official Programme.

On February 19, following the award ceremony, the winner of the Golden Bear will be shown as the closing film of the 61st Berlinale.

Competition programme:

A Torinói Ló (The Turin Horse) Hungary/France/Germany/Switzerland

By Béla Tarr (Satantango, Werckmeister Harmonies)

With János Derzsi, Erika Bók, Mihály Kormos

World premiere

Almanya - Willkommen in Deutschland (Almanya) Germany

By Yasemin Samdereli – debut film

With Vedat Erincin, Fahri Yardin, Aylin Tezel, Lilay Huser, Demet Gül

World premiere / Out of Competition

El premio (The Prize) Mexico/France/Poland/Germany

By Paula Markovitch – debut film

With Paula Galinelli Hertzog, Sharon Herrera, Laura Agorreca, Viviana Suraniti, Uriel Lasillo

World premiere

Jodaeiye Nader az Simin (Nader And Simin, A Separation) Iran

By Asghar Farhadi (About Elly, Fireworks Wednesday)

With Leila Hatami, Peyman Moadi, Shahab Hosseini, Sareh Bayat, Sarina Farhadi

International premiere

Les contes de la nuit (Tales Of The Night) France

By Michel Ocelot

World premiere – animated film in 3D

Les femmes du 6ème étage (Service Entrance) France

By Philippe Le Guay (Le coût de la vie)

With Fabrice Lucchini, Sandrine Kiberlain, Carmen Maura, Natalia Verbeke International premiere / Out of Competition

Margin Call USA

By JC Chandor – debut film

With Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Irons, Demi Moore , Paul Bettany, Zach Quinto

International premiere

Mein bester Feind (My Best Enemy) Austria/Luxemburg

By Wolfgang Murnberger (The Bone Man)

With Moritz Bleibtreu, Georg Friedrich, Ursula Strauss, Uwe Bohm, Marthe Keller, Udo Samel

World premiere / Out of Competition

Saranghanda, Saranghaji Anneunda (Come Rain Come Shine) Republic of Korea

By Lee Yoon-ki (Love Talk, This Charming Girl)

With Lim Soo-jung, Hyan Bin

World premiere

Schlafkrankheit (Sleeping Sickness) Germany/France/Netherlands

By Ulrich Köhler (Windows on Monday, Bungalow)

With Pierre Bokma, Jean-Christophe Folly, Jenny Schily, Hippolyte Girardot

World premiere

The Forgiveness Of Blood USA

By Joshua Marston (Maria Full of Grace)

With Tristan Halilaj, Sindi Laçej, Refet Abazi, Ilire Vinca, Çelaj, Çun Lajçi

World premiere

Un Mundo Misterioso (A Mysterious World) Argentina/Germany/Uruguay

By Rodrigo Moreno (The Custodian)

With Esteban Bigliardi, Cecilia Rainero, Rosario Bléfari

World premiere

Unknown Germany/Great Britain/France

By Jaume Collet-Serra (Orphan)

With Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger, January Jones, Aidan Quinn, Bruno Ganz

International premiere / Out of Competition

V Subbotu (Innocent Saturday) Russia/Germany/Ukraine

By Alexander Mindadze (Otryv/ Soar)

With Anton Shagin, Svetlana Smirnova-Martsinkievich, Stanislav Rjadinsky, Vjacheslav Petkun, Sergej Gromov

World premiere

Competition films announced in the press release on December 15, 2010:

Bizim Büyük Çaresizliğimiz (Our Grand Despair) by Seyfi Teoman, Turkey/Germany/Netherlands, world premiere

Coriolanus by Ralph Fiennes, Great Britain, world premiere

Odem (Lipstikka) by Jonathan Sagall, Israel/Great Britain, world premiere

Pina by Wim Wenders, Germany/France, world premiere / out of competition – dance film in 3D

The Future by Miranda July, Germany/USA, international premiere

True Grit by Joel and Ethan Coen, USA, international premiere / out of competition

Wer wenn nicht wir (If Not Us, Who) by Andres Veiel, Germany, world premiere

Yelling To The Sky by Victoria Mahoney, USA, world premiere

The Competition-productions are from Argentina, Austria, Germany, France, Great Britain, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Luxemburg, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Republic of Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay and USA.

16 world premieres will be shown in the Competition programme.

Special Screenings in the Berlinale Palast:

Cave Of Forgotten Dreams USA (documentary in 3D)

By Werner Herzog

European premiere

Offside Iran

By Jafar Panahi – Jury Grand Prix - Silver Bear 2006

Press Office

January 18, 2011 

@ Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin

this is interesting -_- ....hımm movie will release at 24 february but berlinale is gonna be between 10-20 february!!! :blink::w00t:

that means they will go,compete,maybe turn with an award than they will release and introduce their movie to korea! if they will manage to win award it means movie will find a lot of viewers on big screen! I like this idea! :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Film Business Asia

Berlin competition finds single spot for Asia

By Patrick Frater

Tue, 18 January 2011, 23:42 PM (HKT)

leeyoonki.jpg

Festival News

South Korean drama Come Rain Come Shine (사랑한다, 사랑하지 않는다) is the only film from East or South Asia to be selected for the main competition at the 2011 edition of the Berlin film festival (Berlinale).

The festival today completed the competition line-up by unveiling 14 further titles in addition to the eight it announced in mid-December.

The melodrama is directed by Lee Yoon-ki (이윤기, pictured) and stars Hyun Bin (현빈) and Lim Soo-jung (임수정) as a couple who have been married for five years, but who continue to play hide and seek with their true feelings.

The competition's omission of any titles from China, Japan or India, three of the world's biggest film-producing countries, stands in contrast to previous years — last year the festival opened and closed with Asian films — and also to the other sections. The Forum, revealed yesterday, is rich in Asian fare, notably from South Korea, Japan, India and Thailand. Still, there may be room for more films from Asia if the festival announces more special screenings.

Come Rain Come Shine was produced by Oh Jung-wan (오정완) through her company b.o.m. Film Productions (영화사 봄). It will be distributed through Next Entertainment World on 24 Feb. Lee, one of Korea's best known art-house film-makers, previously directed My Dear Enemy (멋진 하루), Love Talk (러브토크) and This Charming Girl (여자, 정혜).

~~~~~

기사입력 2011.01.19 11:28   최종수정 2011.01.19 11:28

Nine Korean films invited to the Berlin International Film Festival

20110119093537526712.jpg

Still images from Korean film "Come Rain Come Shine" [bom Film Productions]

Nine Korean films have been invited to be presented at the 60th Berlin International Film Festival, which will be held in Germany next month.

The official website of the Berlin International Film Festival announced today that Korean film "Come Rain Come Shine," starring actors Hyun Bin and Lim Soo-jung, will compete against 15 other movies for the top honor of the Golden Bear, while eight other Korean films will be screened at the fest.

The film festival -- considered one of the most prestigious film events in Europe alongside Cannes, Venice and Rotterdam -- will show about 400 movies under several different categories including competition, panorama, forum, generation, German films, Berlinale shorts and retrospective which screen experimental films from around the world without any restrictions to format or genre.

Founded in 1951, the Berlin International Film Festival, which will be held this year starting February 10 till 20, has been celebrated every February since 1978.

A total of nine Korean pictures will be presented in the following categories:

◆ Competition

- "Come Rain Come Shine," starring Hyun Bin and Lim Soo-jung / directed by Lee Yoon-ki

◆ Panorama

- "The Unjust," starring Hwang Jung-min, Ryoo Sung-bum, Yoo Hae-jin / directed by Ryoo Sung-wan

- "Ashamed," starring Kim Hyo-jin and Kim Kkobbi / directed by Kim Soo-hyun

- "Dance Town," starring Ra Mir0an, Oh Seong-tae / directed by Jeon Kyu-hwan

◆ Forum

- "Cheonnggyecheon Medley: A Dream of Iron" by Park Kelvin Kyung-kun

- "Self Referential Travese: Zeitgeist and Engagement" by Kim Sun

- "Late Autumn" by Kim Tae-yong

◆ Berlinale Shorts

- "PARANMANJANG, PARKing CHANce" directed by Park Chan-wook, Park Chan-kyong

- "Pu-Seo-Jin Bam" directed by Yan Hyo-joo

※ Any copying, republication or redistribution of 10Asia's content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of 10Asia. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

20100908_1283930975_1.jpg

Dahee's Plastic Castle

“Love Me Not” Heads To Berlin

lmn.jpg?w=495&h=375

The upcoming Lee Yoon Gi film Love Me, Love Me Not (international title: Come Rain Come Shine)  is headed to the Berlin Film Festival, where it will be making its  world premiere, and will be featured in competition for the coveted  Golden Bear – and in fact, it is the only Asian film in competition at  this year’s festival. This means that it’s also possible for the film to  win a Silver Bear, meaning, if she’s lucky, Im Soo Jung could win one  in the Best Actress category (which of course brings to mind Jeon Do  Yeon’s win at the Cannes Film Festival, and causing the Korean press to  make wild connections – anything to make some noise, right?).

Im Soo Jung and Hyun Bin will be heading to Berlin next month for the  festival, meaning we can look forward to seeing them walk down the red  carpet together.

The Berlin Film Festival runs from February 10th to 20th.

Congratulations to them (and of course to Lee Yoon Gi)! I’m hoping  for good reviews. Also, I’d like to direct your attention to the lovely  stills from the film above. Im Soo Jung smoking?? Suddenly I’m getting …Ing flashbacks. Remember how hot she was in that smoking scene? Yeah, me likey. (What I don’t likey: Hyun Bin’s hair. Um.)

Guest kdramafanusa

source: SPN Edaily

Actress Im Soo-Jung, director Lee Yoon-Gi, actor Hyun Bin

PP11012000098.JPG

Actress Im Soo-Jung

PP11012000037.JPG 

PP11012000038.JPG 

PP11012000065.JPG

PP11012000050.JPG

PP11012000051.JPG 

PP11012000053.JPG

PP11012000055.JPG