PROM 2011!~

Guest coco-mademoiselle

Guest Bonnie

*quoted image*

My dress finally arrived :)

do you guys think it is too revealing?

How does it look like to you ? Flattering? :)

That dress is gorgeous! Simple, but cute (:

I think it's perfect. I'd say it's a keeper!

Where did you get it?

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sayoliveyou

I just got my dress yesterday!

tumblr_lhptr2flKH1qg4m44.jpg

I feel like EVERYONE is going to be wearing a long dress :/ but long dresses don't appeal to me and I'm kind of short so... I think I'd have more fun in a short, cute dress like this :) what do you guys think of it?

what color shoes would be best? I'm thinking silver... and how about jewelry? I like how the model is using pearls.. it makes the dress look very elegant :) and I'm thinking of doing a curly bun/updo type of thing :D

Guest ForgottenReason

*quoted image*

I feel like EVERYONE is going to be wearing a long dress :/ but long dresses don't appeal to me and I'm kind of short so... I think I'd have more fun in a short, cute dress like this :) what do you guys think of it?

what color shoes would be best? I'm thinking silver... and how about jewelry? I like how the model is using pearls.. it makes the dress look very elegant :) and I'm thinking of doing a curly bun/updo type of thing :D

This dress looks much better in the picture than in real life, imo. I bought it but it doesn't really look as flattering on me as I wish it would've but if it did for you, then that's great :) Silver shoes and jewelry would be best. The pearls is a good idea too :)

Guest strawberry.llamas

http://cgi.ebay.com/V-neck-Evening-Wedding-Club-Formal-Dress-Prom-Gown55688-/180647641209?pt=Women_s_Clothing&hash=item2a0f704079#ht_5108wt_1139

this is what I'm getting :]

what shoes and accessories should I wear? Makeup??

Guest duckbutt'

I have no idea how to do my hair guys. I'm thinking loosely curled and having one side pinned back, but I'm not sure if I should have it all lifted up? My hair being down flatters me more physically I think, but up-dos are also more formal?

Hairstyle ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

Keep in mind that my hair is long, black, and that I'm probably going to be doing it myself...cause I'm to cheap for a salon. aha

My dress:

DRESS

Guest strawberry.llamas

I have no idea how to do my hair guys. I'm thinking loosely curled and having one side pinned back, but I'm not sure if I should have it all lifted up? My hair being down flatters me more physically I think, but up-dos are also more formal?

Hairstyle ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

Keep in mind that my hair is long, black, and that I'm probably going to be doing it myself...cause I'm to cheap for a salon. aha

My dress:

DRESS

I love two and four!! :]

Guest happyapple

This is my dress. IMO, it looks better on me than in the pics. I absolutely love it, and I'm going to be tanner than I am now, so hopefully it'll look even better.

A184-copy.gif

What shoes should I get? I want high platform ones, that are fabulous. Should I go strappy? Closed-toed? Peep-toe? What color? I think gold would be too matchy-matchy, black would be too harsh, and white is just always tacky. But at the same time, I'm totally feeling those glittery Steve Madden platforms posted a few pages back.

Also, what accessories?

And what hair? I was thinking long curls.

Oh, and what nails???

Omg haha so much to decide!

Guest salala

I'm wearing a simple short dress to prom. I wanted to buy a dress I can wear after prom and I like the asymmetrical style :]

PromGirl-540107309.jpg

My hair is a little below the shoulder so I'm putting my hair in an braided updo. I'm going to show my hair dresser either:

wedding+braided+bun+updo.jpg

or

braided-updo-prom-hairstyle.jpeg

what do you guys think?

Are CONIEFOX dresses good quality? I saw runway pictures of them and they look great, but some of them are sold on Chinese wholesale stores, so I'm not convinced that the quality is as great as it seems. The price range is pretty good too.....

http://www.coniefox.com.cn/

http://www.theuniuni...oniefox&x=4&y=7

I clicked on your second link and it has the exact same dress that strawberry.llamas is buying from ebay.  Her post is on this page.  Maybe ask her for the quality of her dress? 

Helloo guys, my school is having prom (second year running) I live in London and well prom isn't all that common in all honesty.

However, everyone at school is geared up for it, I mean extremely excited (:. I'm wearing this dress that my sister wore:

I was wondering how could I possibly do my hair? My sister thought I should do an updo, but I don't know...

These are the three hairstyles I'm interested in, if you guys have any suggestions please tell me!

Hairstyle 1 Hairstyle 2 Hairstyle 3

Thanks in advance!

Yes, do an updo!  So pick either Hairstyle 2 or 3.  I think Hairstyle 3 suits that dress well. 

I've got two dresses I like both, need help on deciding what one to wear? Thanks :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love the second one!  Wear it!

For shoes, click on the shoe suggestion in my post.  You and jenjenx both have a very light pink colored dress and I think it matches the pumps better than my dress.  :(

Anyways, if you're interested in those shoes, go to Sears and they have them on sales.  I think it's a pretty good price for pumps.  :P

I also agree with the white pearls.  You should do it. 

If you're going to wear white pearls, I don't think wearing silver shoes would be the best.  It would only work if you wore silver jewelry. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_5108wt_1139

If you are going to wear a necklace, I suggest you wear a heavy necklace.  Since it has so much neck and chest exposure, a thin necklace would fail to stand out.  I'm thinking a silver colored necklace.  But wear simply earrings.  Don't wear gaudy ones.  Those black shoes that the model is wearing looks good.  I don't know much about make up so I can't help you on that.  :( 

Hairstyle ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

My dress:

DRESS

I can't see the third and fourth hairstyle.  It says it's forbidden.  :unsure:  But rule out the first hairdo. 

This is my dress. IMO, it looks better on me than in the pics. I absolutely love it, and I'm going to be tanner than I am now, so hopefully it'll look even better.

What shoes should I get? I want high platform ones, that are fabulous. Should I go strappy? Closed-toed? Peep-toe? What color? I think gold would be too matchy-matchy, black would be too harsh, and white is just always tacky.  But at the same time, I'm totally feeling those glittery Steve Madden platforms posted a few pages back.

Also, what accessories?

And what hair? I was thinking long curls.

Oh, and what nails???

Omg haha so much to decide!

Would you mind posting a picture of the Steve Madden platforms?  But I think they sound really good! 

It's really hard for me to suggest accessories but I'll try.  I think you should wear a thin chain necklace.  I do not like the dangling design of the necklace on the model.  But I think you should wear dangling earrings.  I don't think you should wear a bracelet.  Long curls are pretty but I also think an updo will do as well. 

Guest sayoliveyou

This dress looks much better in the picture than in real life, imo. I bought it but it doesn't really look as flattering on me as I wish it would've but if it did for you, then that's great :) Silver shoes and jewelry would be best. The pearls is a good idea too :)

you're absolutely right! the color is a little different... more peachy that i expected. but s'all good! thanks for your opinion :D

For shoes, click on the shoe suggestion in my post.  You and jenjenx both have a very light pink colored dress and I think it matches the pumps better than my dress.  :(

Anyways, if you're interested in those shoes, go to Sears and they have them on sales.  I think it's a pretty good price for pumps.  :P

I also agree with the white pearls.  You should do it. 

If you're going to wear white pearls, I don't think wearing silver shoes would be the best.  It would only work if you wore silver jewelry. 

well actually the dress looks more peachy than it does in the picture. i'll try to put a picture up for a better idea. those pumps are really cute though! thanks for the input! :D

Guest mochie93

http://cgi.ebay.com/V-neck-Evening-Wedding-Club-Formal-Dress-Prom-Gown55688-/180647641209?pt=Women_s_Clothing&hash=item2a0f704079#ht_5108wt_1139

Hii

i fell in love with the coniefox dresses <3 thank you so much for linking this! your dress is gorgeous, i just wanted to ask how the quality is..? and i would love to see it on you when you get it :)

Guest happyapple

Would you mind posting a picture of the Steve Madden platforms?  But I think they sound really good! 

It's really hard for me to suggest accessories but I'll try.  I think you should wear a thin chain necklace.  I do not like the dangling design of the necklace on the model.  But I think you should wear dangling earrings.  I don't think you should wear a bracelet.  Long curls are pretty but I also think an updo will do as well. 

StMd1.png

StMd2.png

^These. Or maybe a glittery black shoe?

If I do my hair up, do you have any examples of hair you think would look good? Haha I'm a very visual person :P

And Thank you!!!!

Guest ahmahp

So! I've already gotten my prom dress, but I'm not completely satisfied with it [it's my back up dress in case i don't find a dress in time]

okay dress #1 is it okay to wear this to my senior prom? (prom appropriate?)

badgleymischka.jpg

dress #2 i'm really short, [i'm 5' by the way]would it be too overwhelming on me? I would obviously need to get it hem

lailametellic.jpg

and dress #3

what color shoes would go with this?

bcbg.jpg

So! I've already gotten my prom dress, but I'm not completely satisfied with it [it's my back up dress in case i don't find a dress in time]

okay dress #1 is it okay to wear this to my senior prom? (prom appropriate?)

*quoted image*

dress #2 i'm really short, [i'm 5' by the way]would it be too overwhelming on me? I would obviously need to get it hem

*quoted image*

and dress #3

what color shoes would go with this?

*quoted image*

I like the 2nd one the best, and I think you could totally wear it! Just get some heels (perhaps wedge heels, so you don't break your ankle) and hem it a little bit. Since it's not one of those huge, tiered ball gowns, it'll actually make you look taller.

Also, does anyone know where to buy big, chunky jewelry? Something like this:

41adnVR0eOL._SS400_.jpg

Emphasis on big, chunky, and shiny.

I'm not looking for gold and diamonds- cubic zirconia and silver will be fine, especially since I won't wear it more than once.

Guest icecreamsoda93

Yay..I finally got a dress =)

HE09340BL-L.jpg

I really did not want to buy something expensive, so I did some hunting on ebay and got this brand new with tags for $29 including shipping =) It's a little too long even when I'm wearing heels, so i'm getting it hemmed, but other than that, it fits and it's good quality!

Archived