[Drama 2011] 49 Days 사십구 일

prissymom

Thanks ninimi for the info and prissymom for translating further...

I love JHJ's hair in the photo.:D

This reads like a very entertaining journey for all.  SJH probably does not have three ppl that would shed a honest tear for her outside of her family it seems...That is so sad as it is a testimony about her life, which she will be fortunate to discover and hopefully do something about it.^_^

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks ninimi!

*quoted image*

here's the English translation of the Asia Economics reports on January 10 on the Korean dramas that will be shown on major TV channels in the first half of 2011. We have only translated the part that relates to “49 Days”.

SBS Wednesday/Thursday — after “Sign” are “49 Days” (scriptwriter So Hyun-Kyung and director Jo Yeong-Gwang) in March and “City Hunter” in May. “49 Days” is So Hyun-Kyung’s first work after “Prosecutor Princess”. “49 Days” is a fantasy romance drama about Sin Ji-Hyeon (Nam Gyu-Ri) who falls into a coma after a traffic accident and who “borrows” Song Yi-Gyeong’s (Lee Yo-Won) body to return to life, and for this she needs three people to shed genuine tears for her.

Director Jo Jeong-Gwang explains: ” ‘ When I die, who will cry for me?’ This is the starting point of this drama. This is So Hyun-Kyung’s first attempt at fantasy — all the fantasies she has been saving are poured into this story.”

credit: fanart designed by coffee of johyunjae.hk; Korean article from http://10.asiae.co.kr; English translation by wuliJHJ at http://jo-hyun-jae.com; and http://www.johyunjae.hk. Thanks!

is the pic your hanmade pryssimom? that's nice !!

Director Jo Jeong-Gwang explains: ” ‘ When I die, who will cry for me?’ This is the starting point of this drama. This is So Hyun-Kyung’s first attempt at fantasy — all the fantasies she has been saving are poured into this story.”

hmm.. i'm intersting in this sentences.. so the SW really prepares for this drama !!

can't wait !!!

mskololia1 , yea maybe it's hard for Sin Ji-Hyeon to find someone with sicerity for her, escpecially with body of Song Yi Kyung..

ninimi, that's not my fanart. It is by coffee of johyunjae.hk. Actually, I already prepared some 49 days fanarts, but I am waiting for LYW to confirm before I post here. But maybe, I just might change my mind and post before she decides.

mskololia1, i have the same thoughts as you. i have a feeling that coma girl will not be able to convince 3 people to shed genuine tears for her within 49 days. and because of that she may have to move on, wherever it is that people who have passed away move to when they die. if that happens then that leaves possessed girl and lonely moody guy to have their happy ending. :) just my speculation.... :D love JHJ's hair in the photo also B)

@prissymom: Hahaha though I'm LYW fan, I feel sorry for the coma girl if she just end up failed like that, after all the trouble she had to face for second chance to live :P From the brief synopsis, I thought perhaps for one rare chance in K Drama, we could see female lead and second lead interact nicely without all the angst. They could help each other achieve their goals and self discovery through their soul swapping. As long as she won't turn evil, I hope both women could end happily. :D

But I wonder why SJH have to use other woman body to get just 3 person's (apart from her parents) sincerely tears? Not even just 3 people loved her sincerely? :sweatingbullets: Perhaps even no one in the beginning. Wow I smell problem with this character.

Also I wonder whether we'll see both souls talk to each other. That'll be funny, as people will see SYK talk to herself.

cahya, i do have another scenario in mind where coma girl will be able to convince 3 people to shed genuine tears for her. but because of the truth she will find out about her life and the people around her she will decide to move on instead of go back. this will give her a chance to be with Death Angel, and lonely moody guy will be with possessed girl = 2 happy endings :) . except for bad guy who will end up with no one, but hopefully he will reform in the end = 3 happy endings :D

oh if only a kdrama would give us not just one, not just two, but 3 happy endings instead of the sad/confusing endings we always get!!! :wacko:

yupp... Sin Ji-Hyeon must have problem with her character... just three? seems like so few people love her..

and Sin Ji-Hyeon and Song Yi Kyung must have very opposite characters, like we read on Manga Hot Blooded Woman, Hajie and Aram are soooo different....!!!

yupp i also hope happy ending for this drama...

pryssimom, yea Yowon i dunno has decided or not, but seeing SBS Video yesterday with only Her appear for 49 DAYS, i hope it almost official confirm..

go posting the fanart...LOL

Guest mozilla199

Jung Il Woo will join this drama :D   -  I'm really excited about this :))

long time no see you, JIW oppa :)

I like character Junho of JIW in High Kick1 so much :x

Well, I want to know if all souls get this chance or if someone has vouched for her character's safe passage given a chance.  If she gets special treatment and a 2nd chance at life, she better do good with it in the end and it's not about the love interests....just saying.

Otherwise it's the rich get all of the special treatment now and even in the afterlife....Wth kind of message is that?  So she helps the girl whose body she possesses to get the guy (JHJ) and she forfeits if she's allowed to come out of the comma.  A version of Cyrano de Bergerac on a continuous morphine IV drip.

if this drama has to be compare to Manga for such character.... the girl who's got in accident is boyish, harsh, brave, cheerfull, not really pretty though, and also can do martial arts very well that she become the Boss of her gank... LOL

and the girl who's possessed , is such a noble, has very good manner, polite , but she's a loner, almost has no friend, but she's really pretty, with such a perfect figure...

while the Angel of the Death will always be in the side of Possessed girl, and their interaction is really funny !!! LOL

mskololia1, we don't know for sure if the drama is based on the manga but they do share some similarities - there is a girl who will become comatose after an accident, and that she will possess the body of another girl. but the drama added the twist requiring the comatose girl (while possessing the body of another girl) to convince 3 people to shed genuine tears for her so she could go back to the land of the living. both the manga and the drama also have a Death Scheduler/Death Angel, and the 2 males who will figure quite prominently in the life of the 2 girls.

i don't think all souls get that 2nd chance to go back to the land of the living. it did mention in one of the "unofficial" synopsis that Death Angel will somehow be connected to coma girl's accident that's why he will give her a chance to go back on the condition that she can convince 3 people to shed genuine tears for her. it is my belief that during this process of convincing people to cry for her, she will find out things about her life and the people whom she thought loved her. with knowledge comes maturity, and with maturity will come acceptance. acceptance of what - we don't know yet. and what will she do with the knowledge she has gained? will she decide to move on or go back?

of course, all these are just my speculation :)

I did not realize this drama was based on a comic book.(?) 

Don't know any of the female actresses' prior works so I hope they do well here....:)

yess, this drama have some similarities with manga 'Hot Blooded Woman" jusi like prissymom said about car accident, death angel and soul possessed, but the main idea of the drama "If i die, will you cry for me?" like scriptwriter said is totally different... :)

Lee Yo Won prior work was The Great Queen Seon Deok as it's tittle role, it was the biggest hit drama in 2009, and Nam Gyu Ri was former singer of Girl Band "Seeya", also last year play in "life is beautiful" and got newcomer award, yeaaa i hope they will do a good job!

--------

here is Bae Soo Bin official Confirmation, just released today...

by : babylon translator

Bae Su-bin, 49 days SBS" "The leading man casting

[ Star News ] January 13, 2011 (Thu) at 11:18 ]

Multiple learn new SBS Bin This drama series "49" (Jee-su (glory" produced by the eponymous protagonist.

BH 13, according to the entertainment Bin, multiple" in the 49th, Seoul National University in the United States after MBA Beolgyo, who finished Kang Min-ho will play the role.

"The difficult Kang Min-ho when he was unfair, God-appointed about environment to support and generous and proud and paled themselves to the production of character and it.

The only success in order to a cold heart ran, and warm smiles fell away, at the same time.

Bae Su-bin is "Hyun-gyung writer and director of the glory in the previous all work together. too nice and you can work again, me very pleased," said.

"The role played a man Kang Min-ho, an attractive man do our best advantage on shooting, and support and attention I asked "how do you feel.

Meanwhile, the "49 days, 'Splendid Heritage" and "Check princess of varying merit, such as "you around the artists.

In the wealthy family loved and live happily ever after a woman at the happiness by a car accident near death, but with the help of the scheduler again in this life of the victory to go back to another person borrowed the body of his own in from bottom of heart mourn the three can be their tears should be a set of Fantasy Romance.

"The 49 days in late January first shot" started to sign a follow-up to the "in early March, scheduled to air.

http://transurl.babylon.com/?trn=1&rt=transurl&url=http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm%3Flinkid%3D491%26articleid%3D20110113111855677b6%26newssetid%3D5&sl=ko&tl=en&ver=8009&lv=-858995757

_----------------------------

soooo..... we just wait for the last, lee yo won to confirm... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the BSB article, ninimi! Here is the English translation:

Actor Bae Soo Bin to star in SBS “49 Days”

Bae Soo-Bin is one of the main actors in the new SBS drama ”49 Days” (scriptwriter So Hyun-Kyung and director Jo Yeong-Gwang.) His character Kang Min-Ho is a graduate of Seoul National University, with an MBA from the U.S.A. He has had a tough childhood, but he faces the unfairness of Providence with his own determination and wit and achieves success, which accounts for his cold heart masked under a warm smile.

BSB said: “I have worked with both So Hyun-Kyung and Jo Yeong-Gwang before [in "A Brilliant Legacy]. They are both good people. I am very happy to work with them again. I’ll do my best to portray Kang as the charming man that he is. Please support us.”

As the new work of scriptwriter So Hyun-Kyung of “A Brillant Legacy” and “Prosecutor Princess”, “49 Days” is about a girl who is much loved in a wealthy family, but who at the height of her happiness is involved in a car accident which results in her falling into a coma. With the help of a Death Scheduler she can return to life attached to another person’s body if within 49 days three people will shed genuine tears for her. This fantasy romance “49 Days” will start filming at the end of January and is scheduled to air in March after “Sign”.

Credit: Text from http://star.mt.co.kr. English translation by wulijohyunjae at http://jo-hyun-jae.com. Thanks!

With BSB's confirmation, only one character is left with no confirmed actress yet - the role of Song Yi-kyung. Hopefully, we'll hear from LYW's management agency by next week.

It also seems that JO HYUN JAE is the only actor left who still has no character name yet, and whose role has not yet been explained fully. Hopefully, we will hear more from his camp by next week.

thankyou prissymom !

now it's really clear about BSB's character... not too villain? but it's potential from his profile..

Yupppp..... the last to confirm is Lee Yo Won as Song Yi Kyung..

why......dois it take so long? :D

tsk..tsk..tsk... i hope so, end of this week everything will be fixed..

Song Yi Kyung character also still unrevieled...

like JHJ, still mysterious..

Thanks prissymom for posted the Eng translation.

BSB role here reminded me of his previous role in "Temptation of an Angel." I can imagine him in this role perfectly.

Now, on to waiting for the explanation of Han Gang and Song Yi Kyung character (we already know the brief char. description of SJH, but not SYK. Until now we only know she's the vessel for SJH soul).

I only know the works of the male actors so the more info on them the better.  JHJ's role has to be important and it seems they are still trying to get it together for the storyline. 

This one is intriguing as to why a girl that is "loved" cannot find three ppl to shed honest tears for her....? 

Thanks @prissymom for starting this thread; and my thoughts run parallel to yours on the damsel in distress who is in a coma....

Han Gang supposed to be JHJ role name right? (based on AsiaMediaWiki).

I'm curious for SYK personality and background, b'coz SJH seems like the typical happy rich girl (seemingly) loved by everyone, until her soul knows the truth of those people and maybe then start to change. I think for the swapping soul to be interesting, both women should have contrast personalities.

Btw this is another 49 Days news in English from KoreanVibe:

Lee Yoo Won’s body is haunted by other woman’s spirit in ‘49 Days’

Archived