[Drama 2011] 49 Days 사십구 일

prissymom

This article is from erin@seoul.co.kr. We have only translated the part on “49 Days”.

Drama theatre…..women’s world…..Queen’s title…..only one

Young actors’ apprenticeship is over. TV drama theatre will soon become the competition arena of established actresses. Whether it is coincidence or not, the three top TV stations are all preparing big dramas with women as the central characters. These actresses will soon engage in fierce competition. Who will emerge as the Queen of TV dramas in the first half of 2011?

(We have not translated the parts on SBS’s MIDAS, MBC’s ROYAL FAMILY, and KBS’s THE THORN BIRDS and the respective actresses’ roles in these dramas.)

Lee Yo-Won . Nam Gyu-Ri — Charisma vs Youth

SBS’s new Wed./Thu. drama “49 Days” (which follows “Sign”) features Lee Yo-Won as lead actress. Returning to the TV screen one year and four months after “Queen Seon-Duk”, LYW has already started shooting recently. The storyline is about a girl who falls into a coma after a traffic accident and requires the genuine tears of three people (not counting her relatives) to be revived.

Song Yi-Gyeong (LYW) plays the woman into whose body the soul of the coma girl Sin Ji-Hyeon (NGR) enters temporarily. The character that LYW plays in this drama is bright and cheerful, quite different from her previous roles. NGR who was recently in “Life is beautiful” is appearing for the first time in a mini-drama and is attracting a lot of attention.

Mr. Jung, pop culture critic, commented: “Viewers are tired of the unsatisfactory performance of young (idol) actors and prefer actors with solid acting skills.” and “Recently actresses have become more active. Hope they will bring excitement to the entertainment industry.” Maybe this will end recent years’ “actresses in peril” situation and change somewhat actors as centre of attention in dramas.

Credit: http://nate.com; www.johyunjae.hk. English translation by wuliJHJ. Thanks!

in the unofficial synopses we have been getting so far, LYW's character is described as depressed and suicidal. this is the first article i have read which says her character is bright and cheerful. i wonder which is the correct description..... :huh:

phetbeo, that is a funny photo of LYW. Is that a cake behind her? I think she tasted it :lol: .

Thank you for the posters also (by sky and gra - very prolific and creative JHJ fans).

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SBS Drama 49 Days Confirmed With A Sageuk-Heavy Main Cast

jhjsdy.jpg

After a week or so of speculations and additional casting news, the entire main cast of the upcoming drama 49 Days has finally been confirmed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an entire cast of main leads comprised completely of sageuk veterans, except for when the drama in discussion is a sageuk. 49 Days is a modern fantasy melodrama, and I’m pretty pleased with the cast. Just for fun, I’m using only pictures from their sageuk roles.

This will be lead actor Jo Hyun Jae’s first post-MS project, and he’s no stranger to sageuks, having helmed Seodongyo as King Mu of Baekjae, and prior to that had been a prince in Daemang. Lead actress Lee Yo Won was last seen as the titular Queen Seondeok, and prior to that her last sageuk was also Daemang, opposite Jang Hyuk.

Jo Hyun Jae will be playing the ex-boyfriend to Nam Gyu Ri (the only relative newcomer in the main cast), who falls into a coma due to a car accident, and her soul goes into Lee Yo Won’s body.

lywqsd.jpgsjhksr.jpg

Jung Il Woo, who will be playing an Angel of Death in 49 Days, got his big breakthrough starring in Return of Iljimae. Seo Ji Hye, who is one of the most luminous and excellent actresses of her generation, will be playing the evil pinkberry second lead. She was last seen and wasted in Kim Soo Ro, and got her first big acting break starring in Shin Don.

bsbdy.jpgjiwroi.jpg

Finally, Bae Soo Bin rounds out the cast. After back-to-back dramas with Han Hyo Joo, he’s broadening his cast mates and joining the 49 Days team as the maybe-evil fiancée of Nam Gyu Ri’s coma girl. Bae Soo Bin has done multiple sageuks, from Jumong, to Painter of the Wind, and finally in Dong Yi.

I think it’s a testament to an actor’s range, depth, and skill when they take on a sageuk, which requires considerable more emotion and nuance than an average modern day role. The script for 49 Days will be written by the writer who did Brilliant Legacy and Prosecutor Princess. I’m hoping this pretty heavyweight cast can elevate the material and create a solid drama. 49 Days will follow Sign on Wed-Thurs on SBS.

Jo Hyun Jae is Han Kang - A seemingly cold on the outside type of guy, who lost his parents when he was young, and grew up without any familiar affection. He finds himself caught between Song Yi Kyung herself, and when Song Yi Kyung is possessed by the soul of Shim Ji Heon.

Lee Yo Won is Song Yi Kyung – Due to the death of her brother, she feels like there is no reason for her to go on living in this world. She tried unsuccessfully to kill herself before, which no leaves her angel brother looking down from above with worry. Due to circumstances, she is possessed by the soul of Shim Ji Hyeon, and lives two different lives during the day time and the night time.

Jung Il Woo is Song Yi Soo – The now deceased brother of Yi Kyung, he has become an angel who guides spirits after their death. Due to his error, he causes the not-yet-supposed-to-die Ji Heon to have an accident and fall into a coma. He has no choice but to let the spirit of Ji Heon possess his sister’s body.

Bae Soo Bin is Kang Min Ho – The fiancee of Ji Heon, am ambitious man with a graduate degree from the United States. He doesn’t love Ji Heon, and is marrying her for her family’s money. Later he grows to genuinely fall in love with Yi Kyung.

Nam Gyu Ri is Shim Ji Heon – A week before her wedding, she falls into a coma due to a car accident. She has 49 days to get three people (other than her family members) to shed real tears for her. Only then can she be revived. Her spirit possessed Yi Kyung’s body during the day.

Source: http://ockoala.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/sbs-drama-49-days-confirmed-with-a-sageuk-heavy-main-cast/

The character that LYW plays in this drama is bright and cheerful, quite different from her previous roles.

in the unofficial synopses we have been getting so far, LYW's character is described as depressed and suicidal. this is the first article i have read which says her character is bright and cheerful. i wonder which is the correct description..... :huh:

Sorry to cut your post Prissymom & thanks for the translations.

I am happy to hear about LYW's character description as bright & cheerful. I want to see a happy LYW. But, the synopses described her character differently & also the photo we have seen looks like she was that kind of person...yeah, which one is correct??? Hmm...

I think perhaps the bright and cheerful is either SYK personality before she lost her brother or SJH personality, so when SJH possessed SYK's body, SYK will looks that way. So they could say LYW's role will be bright and cheerful. :D

hahahha..... LYW has two personalities, that's she will be cheerful but maybe sometimes gloomy.. hehe

BTW, do you realised that almost all the "human" main cast in 49 DAYS are hair-colored?

from BTS pics, we saw Nam Gyu Ri and Seo Ji Hye's hair are colored, then JHJ appears and he's also colored.. then BSB with his justin Bieber hair.. LOL

and today from closed up photo we see Lee Yo Won's hair also colored..hahahha

just Jung Il Woo comes with black hair.. (oh Angel of Death can't color his hair maybe, God doesn't permit him.. LOL)

cahya, you could be right - Yi-kyung is bright and cheerful when Ji-hyun's spirit is inside her body, but sad and suffers from depression when she is herself. so then both character descriptions can be correct.

nika, i, too, am glad that Yi-kyung will be bright and cheerful during some parts of the drama (i hope for the most part of the drama).

i wonder how the scriptwriter will handle the depressed and suicidal side of Yi-kyung's personality. we know that depression and suicide are such touchy subjects in SKorea in light of the number of celebrity suicides in their country in recent years.

Guest mandalaywith

Today i found to 49days shooting some pics.

49Days Drama FD(Floor Director)twitter in Drama 49Days Shooting pics

from 49days drama FD twitter

49Days Poster Shooting pics

180696_1801996099006_1512935833_1859496_1396433_n.jpg

49days shooting pics

182895_1801996219009_1512935833_1859497_554873_n.jpg

180091_1801996579018_1512935833_1859498_5025740_n.jpg

(if you post another site,please write to source)

Info update by mandalaywith@ ING http://www.johyunjae.cn/bbs

Annyeong~~

@ ninimi: yep, i think i will use CCTV at the shooting location so that i can protect him from new girl fans :D

@ QSD: Thanks for the support :lol: I will definitely secure my hubby :P

@ prissymom, phetbeo, mandalaywith, thanks for the pics updates :)

Sharing another BTS pic of Ilwoo from 49 Days ^_^

Which one is Ilwoo? Hehehe..

09a73f2a90db3a6a5243c1b.jpg

@ baidu

Later~~

ilwoo must be someone with that blue-heart mark.. :P

BTW, today Lee Yo Won left message in DC

이요원:글구 나 오늘 일우군이랑 첫 촬영했는데 누가 일우 짱 잘생겼다고 글 올렸져??

chinesse : 今天第一次和一宇一起拍攝,是誰說一宇最帥的??我才更帥呢~~^^~~

translate by translator :

The first time today to shoot with Jung Il Woo, who's most handsome buildings?? I was more handsome then ~~^^

does she said she was more handsome than Jung Il Woo?? Funny !!! :lol:

ninimi, this is what LYW's message says (English translation by wuliJHJ):

LYW posted a photo (taken by herself ) on her DC site and left a message (from Yowon DC)이요원:글구 나 오늘 일우군이랑 첫 촬영했는데 누가 일우 짱 잘생겼다고 글 올렸져?? 내가 더 잘 생김 ~~^^~~|211.178.***.***

Filming for the first time today with the very good-looking JIW.  Who says he’s the most good-looking?  I’m better-looking!

some new photos from SBS Cafe:

sbscafe1.jpg

sbscafe2.jpg

Picture & message from a member of 49 Days' OST Production team:

Behind1.jpg

I’m at V-Axis media studio. “49일” OST 관련해서 모니터링중. 좋은 곡으로 완성되길. (Navi)

I’m at V-Axis media studio. Monitoring the making of “49 Days” OST. Good songs will be produced. (Navi)

credit: photo and message dug up by Michaelbigcat of http://www.johyunjae.hk; English translation of the message by wuliJHJ. Thanks!

Guest mandalaywith

Today Daum blog in see to Drama 49Days Shooting new pics

by Daum Blog

today see to Jung Il Woo,Bae Soo Bin & Nam Gyu Ri shooting pics.our Hyun Jae is not come. :(

Jung Il Woo Drama 49Days Shooting pics(10.2.2011)

168633_1803048005303_1512935833_1861268_5435780_n.jpg

180481_1803047885300_1512935833_1861267_678153_n.jpg

182675_1803048165307_1512935833_1861269_857131_n.jpg

168693_1803048325311_1512935833_1861270_4491581_n.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bae Soo Bin & Nam Gyu Ri Drama 49Days Shooting pics(10.2.2011)

180325_1803048925326_1512935833_1861274_986604_n.jpg

169057_1803047325286_1512935833_1861264_4345175_n.jpg

168065_1803047485290_1512935833_1861265_8043121_n.jpg

182832_1803048485315_1512935833_1861271_1247756_n.jpg

168037_1803048725321_1512935833_1861273_7478197_n.jpg

169061_1803049045329_1512935833_1861275_3640275_n.jpg

168469_1803047645294_1512935833_1861266_1798656_n.jpg

168333_1803048605318_1512935833_1861272_1994768_n.jpg

(if you post another site,please write to source)

Info update by mandalaywith@ ING http://www.johyunjae.cn/bbs

ninimi, this is what LYW's message says (English translation by wuliJHJ):

LYW posted a photo (taken by herself ) on her DC site and left a message (from Yowon DC)이요원:글구 나 오늘 일우군이랑 첫 촬영했는데 누가 일우 짱 잘생겼다고 글 올렸져?? 내가 더 잘 생김 ~~^^~~|211.178.***.***

Filming for the first time today with the very good-looking JIW.  Who says he’s the most good-looking?  I’m better-looking!

I am glad that LYW isn't always a serious type person & would provide some time to make her fans smile with her short messages. Thanks for the translations prissymom.

Thanks for all the updates & photos...

Thanks mandalaywith and prissymom!

Oh I love NAVI! She has great voice and I always love her covers/renditions of other songs, be it Korean or English, she brings something fresh to that songs. Her single "I Love You" with Tablo was one of my fav, too. I'm sure she'll make great OST.

Did KMH (BSB) proposed to SJH (NGR) in that scenes? B) Oh it's so sweet. So sad to know that there'll be tragedy to befall soon :(

And once again, black clothes for Angel of Death!

Mandayaywith, thankyou for the pics, wow! namgyuri and baesoobin are so sweet! ah yeah, maybe he proposes her... so sweet..

yes Nika, yowon is a good joker, remember yesterday about the "i want to start dating again" thing.. lol

Is that him or JHJ with the blue heart?  If he is then I think your spouse is very gentleman, looks like he's holding a handbag for some lady.

It's Jung Ilwoo with the blue heart instead of Hyunjae..It's written on the pic also (Jung Ilwoo) ;)

Jung Ilwoo is a gentleman? Of course he is! That's why i marry him :lol: *holding Ilwoo's arm so tight :P:lol: *

Ilwoo's BTS pic ^_^

491w.jpg

from dc

^^ What did he do to his hair? Perhaps he wants to be known as "The Curly Death-Angel" ? :lol:

Archived