Anyone Know any Trainees in any KPOP entertainment that is NOt Korean?

Guest KhmerChinboiy

Guest Hae-Jin

Hello~ Sorry to be creeping or whatever. But, like do Korean school systems take things like SATS. I've always been curious about this. Say you go to Korea, become an idol for like 5 years, then you want to go BACK to college in America? Do you possible know how that would work? Would that be possible at all? >< 

Yes in korea they take SATs for those wanting to go to college in the states. if you don't plan on going to college in korea and just want to go to an american college just take the SATs and apply for the american school you want to go to. but if you go to college in korea then want to go to an american college you can transfer it all depends on the school you want to transfer to, its not as easy transferring schools from korea to the states unless you're still a citizen of the states it should be fine. It depends where you are in schooling in those 5 years of being an idol(like just graduated high school and want to go to america for higher education or etc.) :)

it sound bad but not that super bad for me lol cuz i understand that asian country are very strick on the education . even the teacher in my country use to hit me for not knowing anything about like math or something. i think we asian have some what similarity of way of life so i used to it.  plus my sister friend she from cambodia and married a Korean guy and live there . Just weird question do u ever seen any cambodian in Korea cuz in Cambodia there alot of Koreans live and visit Cambodia alot and the old Korean guy married young Cambodian girl .

ummm well these days many older korean men are marrying from outside of korea because they can't find a korean girl to marry haha(the korean girls are becoming more feminist and are filled with kdrama nonsense so they've become harder to marry). The most common non-koreans you'll see are chinese but there still only a small amount (there are around only 600,000 in the 49 million people in korea). Also koreans live everywhere haha so its not surprising there are some in cambodia :) The only non-koreans in korea are usually the military officers stationed in korea, english teachers, tourists, or people on business trips. :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KhmerChinboiy

Yes in korea they take SATs for those wanting to go to college in the states. if you don't plan on going to college in korea and just want to go to an american college just take the SATs and apply for the american school you want to go to. but if you go to college in korea then want to go to an american college you can transfer it all depends on the school you want to transfer to, its not as easy transferring schools from korea to the states unless you're still a citizen of the states it should be fine. It depends where you are in schooling in those 5 years of being an idol(like just graduated high school and want to go to america for higher education or etc.) :)

ummm well these days many older korean men are marrying from outside of korea because they can't find a korean girl to marry haha(the korean girls are becoming more feminist and are filled with kdrama nonsense so they've become harder to marry). The most common non-koreans you'll see are chinese but there still only a small amount (there are around only 600,000 in the 49 million people in korea). Also koreans live everywhere haha so its not surprising there are some in cambodia :) The only non-koreans in korea are usually the military officers stationed in korea, english teachers, tourists, or people on business trips. :)

does korean student or people stereotype people like in america society do ? 

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

does korean student or people stereotype people like in america society do ? 

Of course they do...Every walks of life stereotypes other genders and race in some way or another. From my experience hanging with my Fobby Korean relatives back in Korea, they do kinda stereotype other ethnicities...Like for example we were talking about the Korean farmers who get mail-order brides from like Veitnam or something? And my aunts were kinda dogging on them saying "only cheap people would marry someone without getting to know them." and other stuff...Yeah my Aunts are very prejudice when it comes to other Asians...It's kinda funny and a bit eye opening talking to F.O.B Koreans about social status, because they rate social status when it comes to your culture. I find that interesting because since I am born and raised in America, I've never dealt with or witnessed actual cultural prejudice...Racial Prejudice I've dealt with many times but it was the first time I've witnessed Koreans talking smack and looking down other Asian cultures when I visited Korea for the first time a couple of years ago...I guess you can say I was a bit culture shocked lol :blink:

Guest KhmerChinboiy

Of course they do...Every walks of life stereotypes other genders and race in some way or another. From my experience hanging with my Fobby Korean relatives back in Korea, they do kinda stereotype other ethnicities...Like for example we were talking about the Korean farmers who get mail-order brides from like Veitnam or something? And my aunts were kinda dogging on them saying "only cheap people would marry someone without getting to know them." and other stuff...Yeah my Aunts are very prejudice when it comes to other Asians...It's kinda funny and a bit eye opening talking to F.O.B Koreans about social status, because they rate social status when it comes to your culture. I find that interesting because since I am born and raised in America, I've never dealt with or witnessed actual cultural prejudice...Racial Prejudice I've dealt with many times but it was the first time I've witnessed Koreans talking smack and looking down other Asian cultures when I visited Korea for the first time a couple of years ago...I guess you can say I was a bit culture shocked lol  :blink:

i guess its every race can stereotype people right ? well people married older people or people from another countries becuase they are poor . and if u talk smaked about dem like that . then karma will come back to you .

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

i guess its every race can stereotype people right ? well people married older people or people from another countries becuase they are poor . and if u talk smaked about dem like that . then karma will come back to you .

Are you saying that I said those things? I was just listenning in on and eavesdropping on their conversation when they were talking...Dude chillax it's not like I believe in the same things my relatives believe just becasue we belong to the same gene pool.

Guest starzXshinee

** Sorry to butt in and be off the thread's topic, but AngelBaby, from what you have experienced, which Asian ethnicity to Koreans dislike the most ? Supposedly Japanese because of the history but I hear a lot about Vietnamese as well.

I am Vietnamese so I am scared that my ethnicity will down me more points than another non-Korean Asian.

Guest Hae-Jin

** Sorry to butt in and be off the thread's topic, but AngelBaby, from what you have experienced, which Asian ethnicity to Koreans dislike the most ? Supposedly Japanese because of the history but I hear a lot about Vietnamese as well.

I am Vietnamese so I am scared that my ethnicity will down me more points than another non-Korean Asian.

they do dislike japanese the most sadly that is probably why you never see japanese celebrities in korea unless they are ethnic koreans from japan(but even then, they don't like korean-japanese). and they do often think of southeast asians lower because most of the poor asian countries are down there and they have "bad" manners. and manners are everything in korea so its something good to learn if anyone plans on going there. :)

edit: also not everyone thinks like this just a big percentage :P

Guest KhmerChinboiy

they do dislike japanese the most sadly that is probably why you never see japanese celebrities in korea unless they are ethnic koreans from japan(but even then, they don't like korean-japanese). and they do often think of southeast asians lower because most of the poor asian countries are down there and they have "bad" manners. and manners are everything in korea so its something good to learn if anyone plans on going there. :)

yeah i herd about it but don't most korean stars are trying to be succesful in Japan too ? like SNSD, ukiss and all other famous kpop stars have concert in Japan so how does Japanese feel toward that since korean hate dem but they like korean star ?

Are you saying that I said those things? I was just listenning in on and eavesdropping on their conversation when they were talking...Dude chillax it's not like I believe in the same things my relatives believe just becasue we belong to the same gene pool.

no lol i dont judge that oh all korean gonna hate us southeast Asian . For example : cambodian don't like thai cuz we have temple and lands conflict but i still have thai friends as long as they nice to me if they act bad 2 me then i hate dem . i judge people by their act not by their race.  i  atually have two korean friends when i was in 6 grade . but now all of them go back to korea they just come to usa for hospital problem .

Guest Hae-Jin

yeah i herd about it but don't most korean stars are trying to be succesful in Japan too ? like SNSD, ukiss and all other famous kpop stars have concert in Japan so how does Japanese feel toward that since korean hate dem but they like korean star ?

people actually ask this alot. and japanese don't really like koreans either but they don't have big grudges against them so they are okay with them. remember koreans have a bad history with japan(hence why they don't like the japanese). also if you think about it more, japan has a HUGE music industry so its a place where they can get more money and its not far from korea. Korea is still growing.

Guest KhmerChinboiy

people actually ask this alot. and japanese don't really like koreans either but they don't have big grudges against them so they are okay with them. remember koreans have a bad history with japan(hence why they don't like the japanese). also if you think about it more, japan has a HUGE music industry so its a place where they can get more money and its not far from korea. Korea is still growing.

oh so u guys hate each other but still love each other at the same time right but more hate than love?

Guest Hae-Jin

oh so u guys hate each other but still love each other at the same time right but more hate than love?

kinda imagine korea and japan were brothers but one did something bad to the other so they end up fighting and hating each other(one holding a grudge and the other just got over as time went by), but they still need each other. kinda like that. and since asia is all about being rich and successful, money/being sucessful is worth putting their dislikes for each other away for business reasons or whatever.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Hmm...Good question...My aunts are pretty racist when it comes to African Americans, Muslims, Japanese and chinese...From my experience (although rather limited lol) my aunts didn't have a big huge negative view on the Vietnamese because they were only talking about the poor Korean farmers getting mail order brides from Vietnam. They only said "cheap" but they were only talking about the subject of the Poor farmers that can't get Korean brides in their own country and etc.

no lol i dont judge that oh all korean gonna hate us southeast Asian . For example : cambodian don't like thai cuz we have temple and lands conflict but i still have thai friends as long as they nice to me if they act bad 2 me then i hate dem . i judge people by their act not by their race.  i  atually have two korean friends when i was in 6 grade . but now all of them go back to korea they just come to usa for hospital problem .

^ Oh Okay :D

Guest starzXshinee

Ooh okay, thanks (:

I have good AMERICAN manners lol >.<

AngelBaby: The quote kept >.< Anyway ~ The Asians around where I live dislike Vietnamese people . And the majority of those people are Koreans so I am scared that in Korea, they dislike Viets more than Thai, Chinese, Cambodians, etc.

Guest Hae-Jin

Ooh okay, thanks (:

they don't like american manners really either hahaha because americans are more casual...korean manners are pretty different but not hard to learn :)

Guest starzXshinee

they don't like american manners really either hahaha because americans are more casual...korean manners are pretty different but not hard to learn :)

REALLY ??? OMFG **shoots myself**

I am scared I might scare the judges with my American manners then @_@

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Ooh okay, thanks (:

AngelBaby: The quote kept >.< Anyway ~ The Asians around where I live dislike Vietnamese people . And the majority of those people are Koreans so I am scared that in Korea, they dislike Viets more than Thai, Chinese, Cambodians, etc.

If it's any consolation I like Vietnamese people and I'm Korean lol :D ...I think the Vietnamese People I've met and am friends with are really nice..I really don't understand the hating within the Asian Community -_- . I never understood the whole thing back in High School when the Korean Girls would segregate themselves and make their own clique because they thought they were better than the other Asians. To me it looked like they were just limiting themselves to meet new people and to broaden their social circle...And I still don't understand it now...Our world is starting to be globalized...The whole ethnic pride thing and hating on other Asians needs to be stopped becasue it's just ridiculous....

Anyways @ starsXshinee: I'm really sorry that you've dealt with such prejudiced Koreans. Their are some rally nice ones out their in the world who doesn't give a damn about cultural differences and whatnot...So just audition anyway...You might be a really nice a person and mannerisms or not a genuine nice person will always shine through and the judges will see that. Maybe that's why your screenname is starzXshinee :lol: Sorry lame joke :)

Guest KhmerChinboiy

kinda imagine korea and japan were brothers but one did something bad to the other so they end up fighting and hating each other(one holding a grudge and the other just got over as time went by), but they still need each other. kinda like that. and since asia is all about being rich and successful, money/being sucessful is worth putting their dislikes for each other away for business reasons or whatever.

k got itthanks u guys for talking and inform me about korean culture

Guest starzXshinee

If it's any consolation I like Vietnamese people and I'm Korean lol :D ...I think the Vietnamese People I've met and am friends with are really nice..I really don't understand the hating within the Asian Community -_- . I never understood the whole thing back in High School when the Korean Girls would segregate themselves and make their own clique because they thought they were better than the other Asians. To me it looked like they were just limiting themselves to meet new people and to broaden their social circle...And I still don't understand it now...Our world is starting to be globalized...The whole ethnic pride thing and hating on other Asians needs to be stopped becasue it's just ridiculous....

Anyways @ starsXshinee: I'm really sorry that you've dealt with such prejudiced Koreans. Their are some rally nice ones out their in the world who doesn't give a damn about cultural differences and whatnot...So just audition anyway...You might be a really nice a person and mannerisms or not a genuine nice person will always shine through and the judges will see that. Maybe that's why your screenname is starzXshinee :lol: Sorry lame joke :)

Whew, well I feel really relieved . :D

I was going to audition anyway even if there was still a lot of hate but I am afraid of anti-fans . @_@

I hear that they put razors in their envelopes so when you open it, you cut your finger? >.< I hope that is not true though .

lol, you are such a jokester . xD

• 1 year later...
Guest AhItsArah

I have a friend that's a trainee who's half thai/half korean if that counts. :P But I can't disclose the company.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Min-Jung1999

There is a non-asian trainee name Allysse. She is from the USA & She is signed to Startrack entertainment.Here is her old youtube channel: SassyentNew Youtube Channel: Allysetv

Archived