[info.] Korean Music Festival 2011!!!

Guest Sokua

Guest AceFondu

The security found my DSLR while checking my bag. They told me to go to operations and that I can enter through the back side of the bowl. I went straight to the back side and had this one guy security check my bag again. He didn't find my camera and so I was able to sneak it in. My boyfriend was holding our gift bags and I just placed my camera in there. The second security guard didn't find it. I would suggest you guys to hide it in some kind of bag that is deep and just hide it underneath all the gifts :vicx: Once your inside, the securities don't really care if you have one. I sat on the last row of terrace box and this one lady security guard was walking around telling people they can't stand there and she saw my DSLR. Didn't do or say anything about it.

Overall, I enjoyed it. This is my first time and I had a lot of fun. I felt like GNA did a horrible job at MCing. Maybe because she was nervous and it's her first time, but every time she came out to talk, I wanted to cringe. Some of the things she said.. :wacko: I really like the freebies they gave out before the concert. :P I snapped about 1500+ pictures from the concert.

GNA did a horrible job for MC? WHAT??!?! She did an excellent job. DAEBAK! She translated everything and did a marvelous job. I really liked what she said up there. She being random is part of being a role of the MC. MC's dont have to read the que cards they have but be creative with it. She did a great job with that DJ DOC guy. Both were the best MCS ive seen all my years i went.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJ no Baka

GNA did a horrible job for MC? WHAT??!?! She did an excellent job. DAEBAK! She translated everything and did a marvelous job. I really liked what she said up there. She being random is part of being a role of the MC. MC's dont have to read the que cards they have but be creative with it. She did a great job with that DJ DOC guy. Both were the best MCS ive seen all my years i went.

That may be your opinion.

"Woow. I can definitely see more people at night" - or something along the lines of that

What? As opposed to seeing a lot more people during the daytime. I personally felt like some of the things she said, she didn't thought it through before saying. I'm not doubting her ability to translate, but during the random times where she was trying to say things; you can tell she was struggling with what she wanted to say. I am in no way bashing her, because I do give her props for trying. I'm not sure if DJ DOC MCed for others before, but I felt he did an excellent job. Even though I didn't understand Korean.

Guest smackie

Took me awhile to upload the performances I recorded

4minute:  Mirror Mirror Muzik & I My Me Mine Hot Issue

Jay Park:  Nothing On You Abandoned 6'7 & Yeah 3x

UKISS: 0330 Talk Bingeul Bingeul Manmanhani

G.na: Black & White

Sistar: How Dare You

Secret: Madonna Talk Shy Boy

DJ DOC: I'm A Guy Like This Run To You

Baek Jiyoung: That Woman

K.Will: My Heart Is Beating

I was a bit disappointed with the lineup but ended up having a lot more fun than I expected. I thought G.na did a decent job MCing. You could tell that she was still a bit awkward. I think both MCs were a bit awkward and nervous. I liked that she translated almost everything into English though because that never happens.

Guest Mel.

+ ps, if anyone remembers the chicken and cow running around pre-concert xD

it was me and my friend..haha...

Oh! That was you?! I was debating whether or not to get a picture with you guys, but ended up not doing it. I should have though! I thought the costumes were cute.

I'm gonna upload my pictures and videos sometime this week. I gotta catch up with school first. My stuff isn't that great though since I was sitting in the terrace and the zoom on my camera sucked.

Guest tiffanyyyy

^^^ AHH IT WAS SO CUTE WHEN U KISS WAS LIKE "WE SHOULD GO BACK TO KOREA" AND DONGHO WAS LIKE "BYE BYE" AHHAHA DONT MIND ME IM JUST SPAZZING OVER THEIR CUTNESS GAAAAAH CAN'T WAIT FOR THEIR US DEBUT<3

Guest AceFondu

That may be your opinion.

"Woow. I can definitely see more people at night" - or something along the lines of that

What? As opposed to seeing a lot more people during the daytime. I personally felt like some of the things she said, she didn't thought it through before saying. I'm not doubting her ability to translate, but during the random times where she was trying to say things; you can tell she was struggling with what she wanted to say. I am in no way bashing her, because I do give her props for trying. I'm not sure if DJ DOC MCed for others before, but I felt he did an excellent job. Even though I didn't understand Korean.

Wait, your criticizing her for being random? She was just saying what she thought in her head. No big deal. It lets us see the cutesy side of GNA. :D It makes me wonder if you have something against her. Oh well, as much as i hate arguing, you have your opinion and I have mines.

+ ps, if anyone remembers the chicken and cow running around pre-concert xD

it was me and my friend..haha...

Wait.. The free hugs One? Omg that was you? haha i wanted another hug xD! But i was like, she might remember me xD

Does anyone know where allkpop is doing the free ipad thing at. I cant seem to find where to put the code at.

I came to the concert at 10 cause i thought allkpop booth was going to start at 11 but sadly started at 1. Waited 3 hours of torture D: I only got a picture with Clara and then the line was so big that i did not even dare to get back in. I kinda expected too much lol but i still got a picture with her :D!

Does anyone have a list of songs performed by Jung Soo Ra and Kim Jang Hoon? I absolutely loved their performances and am really disappointed that I didn't get a chance to record them. Kim Jang Hoon was hands-down the best performer of the night, because he got the entire audience worked up, including the younger people.

I won't deny that I got super excited when he posed with the cute "Peace" sign for me and touched my hand. *swoons*

This was my first year going to the KMF. When I saw the artist lineup I was quite sad and disappointed but I was like "I'm going to go have fun and explore LA!" So that was my mindset and I had such an AMAZING time a the concert! I wasn't expecting to enjoy each and every one of the performances but I did. I find myself to be clapping along and shouting and just having the time of my life. It was amazing and I definitely an going back for sure. I think I'm going to start a saving's account just for the KMF lol oh and the palm tree catching fire was really random and scary at the same time....

Oh and a funny story...I'm not a huge fan of 4MINUTE nor do I know them all by face(except HyunA >.< but my guy friend is a HUGE fanboy of them lol) but my friends and I decided to go eat out for brunch on Sunday. We were waiting by the elevators on our floor and we were getting irritated that it was taking more than usual for the elevator to come. Then the elevator opened and we all walked in. I noticed that their were four girls all in shades and a guy in the elevator. I was thinking, "Oh they're just more fans and they look normal to me because they're my height" so I really didn't pay much attention to them until I looked at my friends. One of them was so shocked and her mouth was dropped wide open while her bf and my guy friend were whispering to each other. My other friend was really confused because she doesn't know much about Kpop groups. Then I took another look at the four girls and realized that the one standing closest to me(and signing a cd for the lucky guy) was Gayoon! I recognize her because she reminds me of somebody I know....after that I linked names with faces and the elevator door opened to our floor. My friend's bf asked for a photo but somebody(I don't remember who) was like "sorry no pictures!" and my friend asked for autographs in Korean but the elevator door closed, I heard one of the girls say bye to us though,just not sure who though lol and that was my experience. I didn't expect to see or be near any kpop stars the whole weekend even though I stayed at the sponsor hotel because we were too busy sightseeing while not at the concert. We all were disappointed that we weren't able to get autographs from them afterwards. We were all star struck! :D

Does anyone have a list of songs performed by Jung Soo Ra and Kim Jang Hoon? I absolutely loved their performances and am really disappointed that I didn't get a chance to record them. Kim Jang Hoon was hands-down the best performer of the night, because he got the entire audience worked up, including the younger people.

I won't deny that I got super excited when he posed with the cute "Peace" sign for me and touched my hand. *swoons*

I'm wondering the same too! I loved LOVED their performances! When Kim Jang Hoon got off the stage and started coming up the aisle, my friends and I were pretty much freaking out! We were all like "OMG! He's coming! HE'S COMING OVER HERE!" but too bad he turned and we were all like "darn" lol

Guest rwong48

That might have been my friends and I...

223461_10150279823862067_823542066_9336148_45000_n.jpg

that's my 5dm2 + 35/1.4 in the picture :)

my 70-200/2.8 among other things is missing.. :P

i brought t1i + 70-200/2.8 II + battery grip + ef 2x III into the concert, but all detached, all at the bottom of my backpack (covered with clothes...) they were saying they were checking. i went into the line where it looked like the guy wasn't digging too deep. i assembled them together after we got seated, before the concert started. i also detached the shoulder strap.

at first i was very careful as to only bringing it out when taking pictures, and only taking as many pictures as necessary. the guys looked at me quite a few times, but never asked me about it.

i left the 2x on and shot at f/5.6 because the stage lighting was okay most of the time.

as the concert went on, it was clear that they would never ask me about my camera, but i didn't realize i could put my battery grip on until 4minute (should've done it before secret). i had a lot of vertical shots without the battery grip, and my finger was pretty dead.

my arms kept getting tired every 3-4 minutes and i'd have to trade off to my friend.

it was all worth it though...

9Ic5X.jpg

i took about 8000 pictures that night and my index finger was in much pain.

Guest stevely

Not bad for a T1i!  Why didn't you shoot with your 5Dm2?  I shoulda used mine more.  I was just blown away/star struck when seeing the artists so close that I just wanted to enjoy the moment without having to worry about getting the right shot.  We were front row GB.  =P

Guest Wendy1430265887

To those lucky fans that had a chance to scream their little hearts out to their content, I envy you all!

Lol I was sitting in the sponsor section so I really couldn't fan girl. I don't think I did much at all besides clapping. Although this was the more fun concert compared to my past years, I would have to say this is my quietest one XD Never in a million years would I expect myself just sitting there and enjoying the concert... it complete silence. Haha

Guest waver123

wow this year's after concert discussion really died :o

my camera got confiscated ... it looks like I was just

one of the unlucky ones though cause everyone else

sitting in my vicinity had a dslr or camcorder :|

Wow sad to hear that....I saw some people's dslr got pull out too while I was waiting in line at the entrance...

Re: the MC, I enjoy G NA's MCing, it's nice to have someone speak english as MC at the KMF! (my korean is horrible...) she's nervous at times but she's just so cute :)

Somehow I enjoy the 1st part of the show more... not sure why... the concert is great even the palm tree got on fire.

Some fancams I took!

secret - magic

Sistar - Shady Girl

4 minute - Hot Issue

K Will - Love 119

4 minute - Muzik, I My Me Mine

Secret - Shy Boy

I was super lazy this year and only used my iPhone to take pictures and video of random stuff but I guess I'll add to this thread as well.

Here is my little collection that I got this year. Its really little compared to what others got but I wasn't as "aggressive" this year. Lol

I also got a hug from G.na and Jay but no pictures of that. Someone filmed me getting a hug from G.na but I don't have the video. I also got a picture with Jay but its a group picture and I need to wait for the person to send it to me. :)

-edit-

Oh yea, also got a hug from Kevin from U-kiss. Kekeke. Totally slipped my mind.

DJ D.O.C.!

djdoc-1.jpg

One Way's Chance.

photo-1.jpg

U-kiss Eli's autograph. Saw him at radio shack in the connecting mall. Lol His manager was there so I couldnt take a picture. :(

eli-1.jpg

This was outside of rehearsals on Friday. That was the farthest we could get because it was a closed rehearsal and it was the furthest the security could get us. Lol But we could hear the performances SUPER clear and once the sun set we could watch the performances on the jumbo screen!

rehearsals.jpg

Guest flyaway.

^ Hey there, Young Bae's yeoja chingu. LOLOL!

Anyhow, although I was originally a bit disappointed with the lineup, I have to say I had a lot of fun this past weekend. Hotel-stalking was interesting. I wasn't trying too much since I'm not familiar with a lot of the newer artists (felt so lost), but I still had a decent amount of luck (got a few autographs, pic w/ DJ D.O.C. and Jay, etc).

The concert itself was amazing; I enjoyed every artist that was up there! I can't even choose a favorite act. But the one that left a deep impression, was definitely the last: Jang Hoon. He got everyone standing and dancing! Daebak!

The only complaint I have is on people's fansigns and/or people standing in their chairs blocking my field of vision. I had to leave my box for most of the performances. -__-"

Overall, I loved it. Patiently awaiting KMF 2012! ^^

Guest rwong48

Not bad for a T1i!  Why didn't you shoot with your 5Dm2?  I shoulda used mine more.  I was just blown away/star struck when seeing the artists so close that I just wanted to enjoy the moment without having to worry about getting the right shot.  We were front row GB.  =P

needed the reach; t1i 15MP with 1.6x crop reaches more than 5dm2 21MP with 0 crop.

plus i had many SD cards and didn't want to dish out $$$ for more CF cards (which is lol seeing how i've spent like $9500 already)

but at 400mm i ended up with face shots, sometimes 200mm was right for group shots (thus not needing the extender) so maybe i would've been okay with 5dm2. oh well. until next time. :P

Guest kinubic

dbSk iS k00l heres ur GNA HUG VID lol

hey was nice meeting u lol! @rick nice pix :P your toys wer fun playing with :D

here is my channel for my fancams almost done uplaoding

http://www.youtube.com/user/KMF2011yeah?feature=mhum

Guest AceFondu

LOL Someone posted up the Cams of the Dance at the preconcert. It was so epic

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

So epic.. especially the girl dancing to Secret - Magic in part 2. She was so beast!

Haha you guys were there right? xD

That dance group dancing to 2pm I'll be back and MISS A Breathe was pretty good too.

Guest IhEaRt0nLyU

This was so much better than last year! ahha It was great seeing the idols at the hotel, but sometimes everyone just needs to leave them alone too! Kevin was roaming around the hotel and it was awesome that he was so comfortable with so many fans going crazy! I LOVED HOW ALLKPOP DID THEIR BOOTH! i was nice to see all the other singers/rappers! Wished they were more organized, but there is always next year! It was a great time when DJ DOC came out! Sitting in Pool you get so hyped up when they come out cause you are so close to them! UKiss did an amazing job performing! and Most of all JAY did a great JOB with his songs, dancers, and some of his aom members! && he took our shirt that my friend made for him! haha that was the best part of the concert!!! It was a great year and I feel bad for those of you who tried to sell your tickets because it was a great experience and worth the money that I paid for my ticket! =) Can't wait for next year yo!

like a lot of people... i thought this years line up kind of sucked but i enjoyed KMF a LOT!. and i had quite a few more fan encounters this year than i did last year. LOL

i was able to meet the artists as they arrived to the hotel and checked in. Soohyun was super hilarious when my friends and i talked to him. kept on asking "how old are you." >< crazy guy. haha

also took pictures with Jeong Soora and Kim Chang Ryul.

talked to K. Will (it seemed like no one recognized him as he was checking in?) and asked him for a picture but someone told me no pictures and pushed me away. =/ if that was the case.. i wouldve asked K. Will to signed something for me. aksjdhkasd!! i think he was shocked that i recognized him and no one else really did. grr.

the girls of Sistar were really nice. didnt get autographs or pictures with them bc they were getting rushed to leave. =/

the next morning... my friends and i were in the hotel lobby trying to figure out what to do.. and while i was on the phone i heard some girls yelling for Kevin.. after he disappeared, my friends and i went to go eat breakfast. there, we met Eli. he was willing to give us pictures but his manager(?) or something was like no pictures. =( he gave us autographs and hugs instead. Eli's soo coooll..!!!

after the concert... Eli got into the elevator with a friend of mine and some other friends. he made convo with all of us. haha (:

on Sunday... made signs and whatever to U-Kiss while they were on their bus waiting to go to the airport. haha then met them up at the airport to say goodbye. met Secret there and got their autographs.

also got to meet Kim Jang Hoon. he's soo COOL! he took spent time to take pictures with my friends and i and even the security. then he told us "see you at my concert" <3

and yesterday... saw the girls of 4minute leaving the hotel to go somewhere. haha.

oh and at KMF pre-fest... met Dumbfoundead again. got a picture with Chance. and met IZ (he also gave me a bunch of his CDs to pass around Seattle. promo team in the house!)

there was also this girl from K-Times(?) going around interviewing people. she interviewed me and a friend. LOL anyone know where that vid is? (;

Archived