[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

Guest nauna

I definitely recommend a watch but I wonder about something.

Is there some unwritten reward for being the female lead in kland these days?  Male leads want to work with you because as the female lead, you let them shine....:blink:

*Nodding my head at that last comment* I've always thought that a lot of kdramas operate under the peacock principle! phew.gif

Well, I'm gonna take your advice and head off to watch ep 16 since it's almost fully subbed. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest soompigalz

The rating keep getting higher,

Ep 16 record 15% and 12.5% nationwide according to AGB and TNS

Ep 17 improve to 16.3% and 13.2% nationwide which the first percentage remark the very first time it beating its competitor (The Duo).

Im really curious at how this drama gonna end, happy or sad i hope no one gonna be in the Death Note list.

Guest cococrust

ep 16 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/38algt

ep 17 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g7ei24

OST 6

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8h2d45

OST 7

http://www.sendspace.com/file/symcpp

*Nodding my head at that last comment* I've always thought that a lot of kdramas operate under the peacock principle! *quoted image*

Well, I'm gonna take your advice and head off to watch ep 16 since it's almost fully subbed. 

I'm actually hoping DH causes the grandma's bank to lose its credit rating by helping him.  He's only doing what he's doing because he feels wronged and not because he gained a conscious all of a sudden.  Since little miss banker is so immersed in the banking business e.g. now sitting in on meetings,:wacko: I hope she helps grandma back to her bed because she's taken ill from the shock of ruining her childrens' inheritance with just one more gamble....  Once a roller, always a roller.

It looks like DH exchanged one noose for another.  The crime boss from prison who wants the Yoo family handed to him is bitter; he hates poppa Yoo.

Yeah, I'm pretty much at ease with YIH spanking all the boys in this drama's behinds and sending them home....

Guest kinein

I know enough people in the healthcare industry. What I am saying is she didn't for one second look like someone who didn't like her job or was on the verge of burning out. In fact, she looked like she enjoyed it and wanted to further her career (she did go back to school. I don't think those were simply CE courses because they are usually online or self study).

And most of the people I know didn't enter the medical field simply because they want to help people but because they want to help people through the health industry.

A lot of people switch careers but the way this was done was very contrived.

True, that's why its a kdrama and not real life! hahaha. But it is also not like any of us know or ever will-know someone that switches careers from finance and goes into law-school then is given a blank-cheque to write their worth.

You made some good points. I get the desire for realism based on what you think should be happening for the characters career choice. My desire is not as worthy : JY's got an amazing body with an amazing toosh to boot. They should show that off more imho.

True, that's why its a kdrama and not real life! hahaha. But it is also not like any of us know or ever will-know someone that switches careers from finance and goes into law-school then is given a blank-cheque to write their worth.

You had some good points.

lol. One of my co-workers did the reverse (switch from law to finance) but I'm sure no one gave him a blank check :D

The rating keep getting higher,

Ep 16 record 15% and 12.5% nationwide according to AGB and TNS

Ep  17 improve to 16.3% and 13.2% nationwide which the first percentage  remark the very first time it beating its competitor (The Duo).

Im really curious at how this drama gonna end, happy or sad i hope no one gonna be in the Death Note list.

I guess the ratings are getting better. Anything interesting happen at the end of ep 16?

Given the current state of the economy due to the credit crunch, I hope all these people end up in jail for a long time. lol. That's my perfect ending. I just hate how they keep screwing the innocent average man over and over in their quest for revenge or their thirst for greed. I do wonder if they will somehow twist it that the Yoo family had something to do with Do Hyun's mother's death. Cos In Hye had been on his radar since his school days... maybe it wasn't admiration after all.

Guest nauna

When I decided to start watching this drama, I thought for sure 2 things would happen.

1 - The MJ - JY storyline would break my heart.

2 - The financial wheeling & dealing would bore me to tears.

I was wrong about both!huh.gif I do feel bad for MJ, but his story with JY has been so peripheral to everything else that's been going on, and  hasn't gotten much air time, so I never got the chance to be invested in them as a couple. When he cries for her, it does tug at my heart, but it doesn't break it.

On the other hand, I find myself oddly fascinated by all the backstabbing  going on in the boardroom. I wonder who's going to get screwed over next. These people are all so twisted. Truly nothing matters to them, except being on top. Loyalty...who needs it? Integrity? Never heard of it! And DH as some kind of modern-day, corporate Robin Hood?! Maybe, if he'd spent even a moment of his time in jail in some self reflection instead of plotting his revenge, I might be able to buy into it.sleep.gif

I do wonder if they will somehow twist it that the Yoo family had something to do with Do Hyun's mother's death. Cos In Hye had been on his radar since his school days... maybe it wasn't admiration after all.

I still get hints of "A Kiss Before Dying" with the whole IH admiration thing by DH.  He still looks at her with awe sometimes as though he wants to pinch himself because he cannot believe he is actually in her presence...like he loves her on some level.

I still get hints of "A Kiss Before Dying" with the whole IH admiration thing by DH.  He still looks at her with awe sometimes as though he wants to pinch himself because he cannot believe he is actually in her presence...like he loves her on some level.

I'm just hoping for a twist to tie all up at the end cos this Robin Hood crap just aint working for reasons already mentioned in the thread.

I'm just hoping for a twist to tie all up at the end cos this Robin Hood crap just aint working for reasons already mentioned in the thread.

The Bud character in the movie I mentioned was also acting like a knight in shining armor just to get what he wanted....I hope DH is not that sinister of a character, but there is something there with this whole IH obsession he's got going on. 

I actually want to know more about the James character.  He  must have helped IH in this last episode because it looked like whatever scheme DH and his gang were trying to pull off, the members were not buying (especially one in particular) and no one showed up at the bankers meeting except the grandma character and IH who walked in with her gang less Stephen (end epi). 

She got wind of the scheme it looked like and James (?) gave her an assist.

Guest kinein

lol. One of my co-workers did the reverse (switch from law to finance) but I'm sure no one gave him a blank check :D

I guess the ratings are getting better. Anything interesting happen at the end of ep 16?

lol cool, nah just thanking the kdrama masters for not trying to end it @ 16. Would have been Bad Guyesque imo - it appears that Midas is gaining momentum.

I just finished watching epi 17, although I don't really understand the whole situation because of quality of eng-sub but DH is stepping back a bit while IH is pushing further. And I'm really curious with lawyer Choi..he seems to be really a bad guy

I just finished watching epi 17, although I don't really understand the whole situation because of quality of eng-sub but DH is stepping back a bit while IH is pushing further. And I'm really curious with lawyer Choi..he seems to be really a bad guy

I wonder if atty Choi has been using the Yoo family slush funds because they could not find any financial info on him.  Why would a former state's prosecutor go to work for a family and not get rich in the process?

Guest courtleee

could someone tell me who this actor is? or refer me to the post in the 49 pages of this thread that says who he is? thanks lol.

screenshot20110421at101.pngscreenshot20110421at101.png

Guest FENNY

is MJ gonna die in the end? if yes, then i am not watching.

well... i am not hoping for more.

i skipped the drama throughout and only watched JY/MJ part.

imo, its the only part what worth watching and keep the drama going :x

Guest Sakuya

is MJ gonna die in the end? if yes, then i am not watching.

well... i am not hoping for more.

i skipped the drama throughout and only watched JY/MJ part.

imo, its the only part what worth watching and keep the drama going :x

I believe he will... Like he didn't admit himself to the hospital saying that he tried enough... He knows he will die soon... that's why we composed a piano piece saying that he wants to leave something to his loved ones.

Archived