[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

Is it officially over? Cos it's still on the schedule for April 25 & 26.

Dramawiki has it set for 21 episodes.

Oh, Lord. The never ending story.

One thing though, I still have to watch but Jung Yeon and Do Hyun did get back together a little too early if it's 21 episodes so there's a chance they might break up again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sakuya

I think it is too early for an ending at the 16th ... It makes more sense if it is 21 episodes...

I found the cuts of Minwoo (few episodes) in this forum.

Here is the montage video I did ... quite simple..XD ...

My fanmade video Midas

I think it's a little late for DH to be spouting off in yet another tv guest spotlight about corruption and evil from the very rich when his talents were used to squash the little guys at his own undertaking.  His redemption smacks of duplicity and insincerity because it is not for love that he is attacking the Yoo family but revenge; the little ppl have nothing to do with it.  dry.gif 

I'm watching this one at the moment and the first episode has put me off. What kind of a nurse doesn't wear gloves when treating patients with blood? They wearing gloves when preparing foods we can see in all the kdramas, and when it comes to situations required gloves and somehow they missed?

So much talks about Ms Lee's acting but as a nurse so far I find her not convincing.

Guest nauna

I think it's a little late for DH to be spouting off in yet another tv guest spotlight about corruption and evil from the very rich when his talents were used to squash the little guys at his own undertaking.  His redemption smacks of duplicity and insincerity because it is not for love that he is attacking the Yoo family but revenge; the little ppl have nothing to do with it.  *quoted image* 

I have to agree with you there. If IH hadn't dropped him like a hot potato he'd still be working for her and her family, and to heck with all the little people who get in his way. I also have to wonder if he isn't even using JY in his revenge plot. I don't doubt that he still loves her, but why show up at her house when he knows the Yoo family is gonna come looking for him. Why draw her into things when it's at it's most dangerous point? 

I have to agree with you there. If IH hadn't dropped him like a hot potato he'd still be working for her and her family, and to heck with all the little people who get in his way. I also have to wonder if he isn't even using JY in his revenge plot. I don't doubt that he still loves her, but why show up at her house when he knows the Yoo family is gonna come looking for him. Why draw her into things when it's at it's most dangerous point? 

I've hightlighted your comment for emphasis because the grand narrative by the writer and PD have to be saying something here about the cultural norms.  What it is escapes me because she should be livid for not considering her or her father...again like with the strike.  The call to her father the next day (no subs) should be to see if he is okay and not the other way around.  The call was rather late if you ask me....So what is the writer saying exactly about the relationship between these two?

JY appears to be a glutton for punishment...

Guest nauna

I've hightlighted your comment for emphasis because the grand narrative by the writer and PD have to be saying something here about the cultural norms.  What it is escapes me because she should be livid for not considering her or her father...again like with the strike.  The call to her father the next day (no subs) should be to see if he is okay and not the other way around.  The call was rather late if you ask me....So what is the writer saying exactly about the relationship between these two?

JY appears to be a glutton for punishment...

I'm not sure what the writer & PD are trying to say either. At first I thought that the writer was trying to use JY as the moral center, sort of the lone voice of reason. Then, all of a sudden, JY & DH are reunited. That was a WTH moment for me, because it felt forced and almost random coming when it did. I didn't doubt that they would get back together, but it felt so out of character for JY to take DH back at this point in the story. It almost seems to negate all her earlier words and actions. The only thing I could think of is that if the show is really 21 episodes, then the writer is bringing them together now only to break them apart again later. To me, it just feels like the plot is driving the character, and not the other way around.

I have to admit to a certain fondness for JY, at least up until now. I loved her interactions with IH. She just always had a way of cutting through IH b.s. and exposing the small, petty person hiding behind the elegant, cool facade. Now I don't understand her though, and if I don't understand her, it's hard to sympathize with her. I also find the rich  halmoni "fairy godmother" character annoying.

All that being said though, I still find Midas intriguing enough to stick with it. As long as it doesn't go all Bad Guy on me toward the end.

I'm not sure what the writer & PD are trying to say either. At first I thought that the writer was trying to use JY as the moral center, sort of the lone voice of reason. Then, all of a sudden, JY & DH are reunited. That was a WTH moment for me, because it felt forced and almost random coming when it did. I didn't doubt that they would get back together, but it felt so out of character for JY to take DH back at this point in the story. It almost seems to negate all her earlier words and actions. The only thing I could think of is that if the show is really 21 episodes, then the writer is bringing them together now only to break them apart again later. To me, it just feels like the plot is driving the character, and not the other way around.

I have to admit to a certain fondness for JY, at least up until now. I loved her interactions with IH. She just always had a way of cutting through IH b.s. and exposing the small, petty person hiding behind the elegant, cool facade. Now I don't understand her though, and if I don't understand her, it's hard to sympathize with her. I also find the rich  halmoni "fairy godmother" character annoying.

All that being said though, I still find Midas intriguing enough to stick with it. As long as it doesn't go all Bad Guy on me toward the end.

I agree with your sentiments regarding JY.  After that reunion with DH, I have re-evaluated her character.  She does not have enough self-respect where DH is concerned to say something and "mean it" after several years apart.  The man has not changed and since she let go of his hand it looks like he is grabbing her wrist to take her along with him.  Tsk, tsk, tsk.  If there is an upcoming breakup, it will not make sense to me because it will probably be the same ol', same ol' and if she did not get it the first time, she's not going to be believable....I hope this conversation is convincing though, and has some basis for causing her to wise up regarding this guy because there is no going back to the way they were.  He likes what he's feeling now with the "wins" against whomever.  Like father like son....  

Also, they need to get her back to a hospital and drop the micro financer bit, unless it's for MJ's foundation.  She goes in to assess the care of cancer patients and determines what the family needs are....This is who she needs to help give back to the community imo.

Edit

Lol clock, I have not seen epis 12 or 15 subbed so I'll see concerning the "reunion" of our couple.

For real this microfinancing thing is entirely senseless. I thought she loved her job as a nurse. She's good at it, they showed her getting her masters or whatever it was and now she's dropping it to give out loans? When she could still use the money well for low-income people but something in the health industry.

I still haven't seen ep 15 so I can't comment on their reunion.

I still haven't seen ep 15 so I can't comment on their reunion.

I just saw the "reunion" from the jailhouse visit in epi 12. 

JY's talking "Poor baby.  Let's go back to the way things were before this evil woman took over your soul.  It's not your fault...." and he's talking "I'm just getting started; and I'm going to get even more scarier so don't appear before me". 

How can this union be?   Just because JY does not want to cast DH aside [like IH did] doesn't mean she should continue their relationship where it left off.

Well, his father is trying to help him seeing how ridiculous it must feel to have father and son in the same prison.  DH looked touched by the conversation after the slap.  He should just drop the entire revenge thing, but it's too late now.....

There are 21 episodes.

Really? I thought it will end in the 16 episode as Lie to Me new drama of Kang Ji hwan going to aired its first episode on 9th of May..If its end on 21 episode then the new drama will have to pull back to June instead..

Really? I thought it will end in the 16 episode as Lie to Me new drama of Kang Ji hwan going to aired its first episode on 9th of May..If its end on 21 episode then the new drama will have to pull back to June instead..

Na. Today was ep 16. Episode 21 will air on May 3 and Lie to me will start May 9.

Archived