[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tiffany

Although I like No Min Woo too, I don't think it's a waste of his efforts to act together with all the veterans and pick up tips from them. Of course, I also hope he will be in the lead in the next drama and get the girl, but I think it's good training for him.

Midas is almost on par now with The Duo, recording about 15%. In contrast, the Crime drama (starring Song Il Gook) is below 10%. So there must be something right about the drama. I would love to have a little more romance and screen time for No Min Woo as well. He barely gets 5 minutes. BUT the storyline is getting exciting, with alot of guessing who's going to do who in. I'm also curious to find out what the ending will be like

It would also seemed based on Hancinema's infor, the drama is scheduled for 20 eps, which would be about right as there are lots of things to tie up.

I'll probably write about the drama later but I do wish there were more discussion about it here on this thread.

baduy- are you still enjoying the whiskey in Scotland? Missed your input.

I'm still waiting to watch epis 11-12 subbed not to mention this weeks....Still don't know why JY was fired and how she came to work for grandma.  Who pushed her out to control or manipulate things?

I hope this does not wrap up next week because there is too much unfinished business.  Now the ex-con shows up to the Yoo manor and talks to father Yoo.  The guy has balls of steel and I want to koow what he proposes.  I would not comfortably work along side someone like that based on what he did to my family....

As for JY getting back with DH or helping him escape "in front of her father's home" is risky business.  I would think the writers would show the effects of her decision upon her life beginning with her dad and being shadowed, but I doubt it will.

Guest yukisuzu

Although I like No Min Woo too, I don't think it's a waste of his efforts to act together with all the veterans and pick up tips from them. Of course, I also hope he will be in the lead in the next drama and get the girl, but I think it's good training for him.

Midas is almost on par now with The Duo, recording about 15%. In contrast, the Crime drama (starring Song Il Gook) is below 10%. So there must be something right about the drama. I would love to have a little more romance and screen time for No Min Woo as well. He barely gets 5 minutes. BUT the storyline is getting exciting, with alot of guessing who's going to do who in. I'm also curious to find out what the ending will be like

It would also seemed based on Hancinema's infor, the drama is scheduled for 20 eps, which would be about right as there are lots of things to tie up.

I'll probably write about the drama later but I do wish there were more discussion about it here on this thread.

On the contrary, I feel that Midas is in a mess in terms of characterisation and the plotline may be a bit far-fetched at times, like how it's so easy for DH to get revenge because he happened to meet someone in jail who could help him with it. Then again, I understand that most K-dramas aren't the most realistic either, lol. With just a few episodes left, Midas doesn't seem like it'll wrap up nicely. And if there's an extension... well, we know from previous experiences that extensions seldom end well.

But that's just my personal opinion! If the ratings are going up then people must like it, which is always something good. :)

I actually think that No Min Woo can stand his own against veteran actors already, given his stellar performance in Rock Rock Rock. Definitely a huge leap from his wooden role in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho! I just wish Midas had given him more opportunities to shine; it's not like they can't since his plotline has so much room for elaboration. My heart aches that he lost so much weight only to appear for five seconds or so and give a sad expression EVERY SINGLE EPISODE when he's capable of so much more!

Guest misscorice

I'm still waiting to watch epis 11-12 subbed not to mention this weeks....Still don't know why JY was fired and how she came to work for grandma.  Who pushed her out to control or manipulate things?

JY was fired by IH cause she thinks JY is dating her younger brother. After being told by JY that MJ had cancer, IH asked JY to forget everything and keeps working in the hospital but JY rejected the offer, then grandma asked JY to help her spend her money by providing mortgage-free loans to the poor... Hope that help :)

But that's just my personal opinion! If the ratings are going up then people must like it, which is always something good. :)

I actually think that No Min Woo can stand his own against veteran actors already, given his stellar performance in Rock Rock Rock. Definitely a huge leap from his wooden role in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho! I just wish Midas had given him more opportunities to shine; it's not like they can't since his plotline has so much room for elaboration. My heart aches that he lost so much weight only to appear for five seconds or so and give a sad expression EVERY SINGLE EPISODE when he's capable of so much more!

I find MIDAS interesting to watch, I mean something different to feel than usual romance drama. I have watched so many romance kdramas so having to watch MIDAS especially acting by jang hyuk is like eating a good delicious steak once in a while rather than just having rice on the plate everyday .(typical asian haha).. :D

To me No Min Woo still need more acting skill to gain ;)

Guest Sakuya

If anyone has the links to download Minwoo's cuts in Midas starting from episode 8 I'm interested :) . Because I want to do a fanmade video.

I know there are links for the full episode, but it would take too much time to download every single full episode.

You can send me a message...

Thanks !

i absolutely agree with you Tiffany. No Min Woo is on his way to be a star so he really needs to have this experience, acting together with two daesang winners; Jang Hyuk and Kim Hee Ae. Acting wise, that will just do him good. For those NMW's fans out there, I hope it will make you more appreciate this hard working of him to be a better actor.

I want to get involved with the discussion here but I can't really follow the story. I have to wait for the Eng sub. But I do enjoy all the discussion you guys have been doing, (hello Baduy:)) and also the caps from Kid-Moon, kamsahamnida :)

Guest Sakuya

This is a cut from an Interview + behind the scenes of Midas.

So, I only upload the part the Making of the Needle scene, Kissing scene and Lee Min Jung and Minwoo playing piano.

The video is unlisted. So only people with the provided link can see the video. Because the video is from SBS , some countries are automatically blocked from viewing this.

Try the direct link

or Here

I only have one thing to say: No Min Woo, please pick better roles. All these secondary lead roles with hardly any airtime are wasting your talent and efforts... ;3;

Omg I totally agree. Well I didn't think he was that great as the gumiho hunter, well not bad but the role wasn't all that impressive. And then I watched that 4 episode docu-drama Rock Rock Rock where he portrayed legendary rocker kim taewon and he really brought out the best of his acting abilities,like, I was so blown away. He's doing a very good job of playing myungjoon right now but so little airtime :( So yeah he needs a role that can skyrocket himself to fame and popularity.

Guest NocturnePrince

Well, honestly I want to see more MinWoo... Reallie bad... I feel like it's unfair to see how few scenes he has. But I don't think his role here is a waste. Though he didn't appear much, he's reallie shining there... Yes, he still needs to learn acting but comparing from Gumiho, there's lot of progress. I was so sad when seeing he screamed in pain... :(

Guest misscorice

Look like many people here are NMW's fans, ;)

Of course, everyone has their own opinions but it's not fair to concentrate on just one character, especially a supporting role. I think his acting is good but if we are really into this whole plot, we'll find that the scenes of NMW, usually with JY, are like a break, nothing more for him to shine.

About JY getting back with DH. Someone even said she has no self-respect, I think it's a bit exaggerated. JY has never stopped loving DH, she left him cause she did not want the presence of IH in DH's life, not because of his ambition. Now its time for them to be happy even though many unexpected things are still waiting for them. If MJ is good, then DH is not bad. After all, one cant take good care of both work life and love life at the same time . :P

She did leave him because he let his ambition blind him to a lot of things. And don't forget that scene of him watching as thugs beat up the protesters - her father being one of them.

But as I said a long time ago, if the father can get over it, so can she but realistically, if this scene occurred in my life, I would never forgive him. I don't care if he says, "It's business, not personal."

67652000.jpg

I'm no Noh Min Woo fan but his fans are right -he's done nothing in this drama. Most of his scenes are not with the two leads so it's hard for him to even get acting lessons from them. Even those scenes with In Hye, frankly speaking, I'm sure that even I could hold my own in those scenes because they require no range at all. But at least this is another drama for his filmography.

IMO, Min Woo and Min Jung are pointless in this drama. Unless something amazing is waiting for us.

Guest lucky_moon

Midas OST Part.5

33wbk8p.jpg

01 슬픈 사랑 - No Min Woo:

http://www.multiupload.com/UJXIAUHVGK

lyrics:

사랑은 참 내 맘을 모르죠

세상은 참 내 맘을 모르죠

사랑하는 사람이 있어요

근데 그 사람은 내 맘도 몰라요

지금 이 순간 그 사람 너란걸

이런 못난 사랑 이제야 이제야

내 맘을 알았나요 느꼈나요

널 위한 이 맘

이런 못난 사랑 이제야 이제야

내 맘을 알았나요 느꼈나요 그대~

제발 내 눈을 내 맘을 부디 꼭 잊지 말아요

사람들은 그대를 모르죠

아름다운 그 맘을 모르죠

이별의 아픔, 아닌 척을 하죠

떠난 그 사람을 그리워하나요

앓고 있나요 난 그댈 보는데

이런 못난 사랑 이제야 이제야

내 맘을 알았나요 느꼈나요

널 위한 이 맘

이런 못난 사랑 이제야 이제야

내 맘을 알았나요 느꼈나요 그대~

제발 내 눈을 내 맘을 부디 꼭 잊지 말아요

그대 사랑만이 내 아픈 맘을

모두 잊게 하는 살게 하는 이유였는데

너무 사랑해요 이제는 이제는

내 맘을 알았나요 느꼈나요

널 위한 이 맘

이런 못난 사랑 이제야 이제야

내 맘을 알았나요 느꼈나요 그대~

날 잊어요 날 잊어요 부디

안녕 슬픈 사랑아

하얀사람님께서 등록해주신 가사입니다.

credit to ananasa & daum

IMO, Min Woo and Min Jung are pointless in this drama. Unless something amazing is waiting for us.

I'm not a MW fan either, but I really am resenting that the PD gave so much time to the "grandma" character vs the MJ character if there is to be a LOVE TRIANGLE.  She serves very little purpose other than to take a nurse and make a banker out of her.  Really?  Her explanation of why DH has gone "crazy" is bordering on amateur psychiatry....So this filler was not necessary when JY has a loving father.  JY has one voice telling her to get revenge and another telling her to overlook DH's demons after so many years apart....

Archived