[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adikkeluangman

No Min Woo lost 9.5kg for “Midas”

Actor No Min Woo revealed that he has lost 9.5 kg (~21 lbs) for his role as a cancer patient.

On April 1st, Nh Min Woo attended a press conference for his new drama, ”Midas“.

He revealed,

“My character in the show, ‘Yoo Myung Jun‘, has cancer. It hasn’t come out in the script yet but the cancer that Yoo Myung Jun has is pancreatic cancer, just like Steve Jobs. Hence, I have to express that he is getting more and more thin. So far I’ve lost 9.5 kg.“

When told that No Min Woo reminded people of actor Kim Myung Min, who lost a significant amount of weight to play a terminally ill patient in the movie “My Love By My Side“, he said, “I think I will have to lose about that much weight. I have to continue to lose weight.”

He continued,

“On my days off, I do aerobic exercises and eat salad. My body trembles while filming because it lacks energy. However, by acting when completely out of energy, my breathing changes. Also, my heart for ‘Jung Yeon’ (Lee Min Jung) grows stronger and more sorrowful… Being that I’m so hungry lately, I wish that Myung Jun set up a bakery in the program.“

No Min Woo’s role is that of a wealthy playboy who changes his ways once he meets a girl. After being diagnosed with cancer, he begins to pour out the remainder of his life to Jung Yeon.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/no-min-woo-lost-9-5kg-for-midas'>http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/no-min-woo-lost-9-5kg-for-midas

No Min Woo lost 9.5kg for “Midas”

Actor No Min Woo revealed that he has lost 9.5 kg (~21 lbs) for his role as a cancer patient.

On April 1st, Nh Min Woo attended a press conference for his new drama, ”Midas“.

He revealed,

“My character in the show, ‘Yoo Myung Jun‘, has cancer. It hasn’t come out in the script yet but the cancer that Yoo Myung Jun has is pancreatic cancer, just like Steve Jobs. Hence, I have to express that he is getting more and more thin. So far I’ve lost 9.5 kg.“

When told that No Min Woo reminded people of actor Kim Myung Min, who lost a significant amount of weight to play a terminally ill patient in the movie “My Love By My Side“, he said, “I think I will have to lose about that much weight. I have to continue to lose weight.”

He continued,

“On my days off, I do aerobic exercises and eat salad. My body trembles while filming because it lacks energy. However, by acting when completely out of energy, my breathing changes. Also, my heart for ‘Jung Yeon’ (Lee Min Jung) grows stronger and more sorrowful… Being that I’m so hungry lately, I wish that Myung Jun set up a bakery in the program.“

No Min Woo’s role is that of a wealthy playboy who changes his ways once he meets a girl. After being diagnosed with cancer, he begins to pour out the remainder of his life to Jung Yeon.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/no-min-woo-lost-9-5kg-for-midas'>http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/no-min-woo-lost-9-5kg-for-midas

Watching Midas 12! Quick notes:

- Amazing how IH is always so well dressed! It's a treat for the eyes. :)

- O, how I love this drama, and the twists at every turn, and the acting. Found IH priceless in her presumption when she talks to her brother, convinced to always be right. I'm enjoying seeing her have a really hard time for once. Can't wait for more.

- Ah! the family reunion between DH and his dad had me crack up! Clever writing. Can't think of a better place to do some bonding, ah ah! :D

-

IH, oh my. Finally knowing her brother is sick, and she finds a way to make it all about her?

:ph34r: "how could you do this to me? what exactly do I mean to you?" ??? :blink: *pulling my hair off*

- NMW rocks the dialog! "It's you who should get a treatment. My illness is nothing compared to yours." :w00t:

Back to watching some more.

Guest Asianatic

So is MJ's health getting better? Is he in remission?  JY mentioned that he was doing well and then his sis says his doc said the same thing. 

I am liking where JY and MJ are now. ........becoming good friends. Must be a first time for MJ to be doing it that way. Won't it be nice if he does go into remission and gets the girl?  I wish for once the writers would let the second lead get the girl.  But I am bracing myself for inevitable. With three episodes to go I don't see any hope for any MJ and JY romance.......this dramas has been just frustration for me.  My girl crush LMJ has been completely wasted in this drama. 

Recap for episodes 10 & 11 up. I haven't seen 12&13 but something tells me the 9.5kg weight loss was wasted on this role. 

Does this mean he's going to live and get the girl?  No more pale make up and dry lips for NMH ? I have been reading your recaps and now I can't look at scenes of DH and SJ without cracking up.....You are very good ...Like your love of the absurd....the way you make it so enjoyable. 

Guest cancerb

^

I think this is gonna be a 20 ep drama, coz:

1st: The next drama line-up after this scheduled to air at June 9th, and

2nd: I remember reading it on Nate couple of days ago , an article about how MIDAS still has 7 eps left and the reason why the expectation keep getting higher as it is for the rating.

And yes me too happy with MJ-JY situation right now, not a lovey dovey yet but we can see how she treat him better than she usually did before and he loving the attention he get.

They are what really drew me in this drama, esp when i got nothing to hang on to understand the whole ongoing story since the subtitles come out so late :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for the pictures, Kid_moon! Thanks, everyone, for the comments. So fun reading this thread. :)

Ah! I'm finally getting my MIDAS fixture. I'm watching episode 13! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif *O, Lilyphenix, sing for joy!* :D

Seriously, they could have renamed this drama "Double-face", lol!

Quick comments as I watch along:

- Wooo! I knew IH was evil, but THAT evil? You can't trust a single word that woman says. I thought after episode 12 shock, she would have softened up by now! :blink:

- DH is cool. Bad-richard simmons cool. Cool glasses-nerd-looking cool. I think you get the picture.

- The European looking guy who speaks Korean without an accent (I'm jealous)

is reporting to who, now? If it were to IH's former boyfriend, wouldn't he speak Korean? There seems to be another player who hasn't been introduced yet. *sigh* How puppet masters are there in total?

- I'm assuming the dad agreed to transferring IJ investment fund into Hanyoung Bank because he knows he's safe, i.e. he has a secret stash he thinks no one knows about.

- Can someone tell me if James is IH's ex bf? In any case, I'm now thinking he might be the one IH's second was talking to. James splits his time between the U.S. and South Korea, and I remember in the beginning that IH once or twice spoke English to a mystery interlocutor. I think that James. Would make sense, right? I'm also thinking that, basically, everyone working closely for IH was placed there either by him or with his knowledge. They seem to work for him, and not so much for her. IH acts all powerful, but she's a puppet herself and is likely to lose everything if she keeps at this pace.

- wow! It's interesting that the only person DH is willing to sincerely listen is that grandma. It looks like she's cracking his shell a bit. Keep at it, Grandma! I think she's slowly taking on the role of a maternal figure (one he lost at such a early age), in addition to maybe being a business partner. I think...

- Interesting how people high up in the financial world don't, absolutely don't trust each other and are always ready to double-cross one another (at least in this drama).

- Is Midas bringing the worst out of me? I want James to reap for his bad deeds, too. When will DH make a connection? Will he go after him? Will James ever fall, or will he be one of those villains who just gets away with his sin? Aaaah, the plot thickens.

Note: not that you're wondering why I sound so exciting to watch Midas. Not only I find it (obviously) to be a good and solidly entertaining drama, but it's been a long week. Thank Goodness for k-drama! :D

Back to it. :D

Guest ludmila

Can somebody explain to me what really happened at the end of episode 13? The english sub is not working well and I made a guess for most of the conversation :/

So, the prices was going up too fast? And was the first brother worried? He seemed worried at first, but the prison's gang leader convinced him that the company would still be growing.

I had NO idea what happened in the press conference. What was this conference all about?

Thank you guys in advance!

Guest misscorice

Can somebody explain to me what really happened at the end of episode 13? The english sub is not working well and I made a guess for most of the conversation :/

So, the prices was going up too fast? And was the first brother worried? He seemed worried at first, but the prison's gang leader convinced him that the company would still be growing.

I had NO idea what happened in the press conference. What was this conference all about?

Thank you guys in advance!

It's the shareholders' meeting, all agreed to dismiss IH's elder brother from his current position and replace with a new director being the gang leader.

It's the shareholders' meeting, all agreed to dismiss IH's elder brother from his current position and replace with a new director being the gang leader.

OMG, I must go and catch up.   What a web of deception is going on???? 

EDIT

Epis 11-13 are not fully subbed yet. Aigoo!

I hope JY does not listen to grandma.  What is does this woman's household look like?  JY has followed her own conscience and should continue to do so.  The grandma is a busybody in affairs that are none of her business.  If she wants to help DH (he's still being used by the wealthy) fine, but I draw the line with her encroaching into their personal lives.

OMG, I must go and catch up.   What a web of deception is going on???? 

I hope JY does not listen to grandma.  What is does this woman's household look like?  JY has followed her own conscience and should continue to do so.  The grandma is a busybody in affairs that are none of her business.  If she wants to help DH (he's still being used by the wealthy) fine, but I draw the line with her encroaching into their personal lives.

I agree with you, mskololial, though I'm not sure yet Grandma is using DH. She seems to genuinely care about him? (yeah, I'm saying that until she also does something fishy and stabs him in the back). It almost looks as if Grandma missed on real love and has made her mission to reunite YJ and DH.

Another thing. She keeps saying how YJ is good for DH,is the best thing that ever happened to him. Why does no one wonder is DH is good for YJ? (The answer is obvious. Once a stubborn mule, always a stubborn mule?)

I agree with you, mskololial, though I'm not sure yet Grandma is using DH. She seems to genuinely care about him? (yeah, I'm saying that until she also does something fishy and stabs him in the back). It almost looks as if Grandma missed on real love and has made her mission to reunite YJ and DH.

Another thing. She keeps saying how YJ is good for DH,is the best thing that ever happened to him. Why does no one wonder is DH is good for YJ? (The answer is obvious. Once a stubborn mule, always a stubborn mule?)

I think you bring out a good point about who is good for who.  As grandma coined, JY as being water implies that she has to constantly pour herself into DH to keep him level.  What hogwash are they preaching?  What will DH do for JY grandma---give her constant headaches and pain as a lifelong partner?  Puh-lease....

I have been reading your recaps and now I can't look at scenes of DH and SJ without cracking up.....You are very good ...Like your love of the absurd....the way you make it so enjoyable. 

Thanks a lot for saying this, Asianatic. I'm glad you're enjoying the recaps :) It's a shame I couldn't fangirl about my OTP in the last recap cos they didn't really have any scenes :D

msk, thanks for the song.

About grandma, truth be told, she wouldn't be so annoying if I rooted for the couple. If I did, I'm sure I'd find her meddling cute :D Yes, JY is DH's water, but she loved him before he showed this money obsessed side to her. And back then, she must have been getting something out of the relationship. If DH can work through his issues and get rid of this side, then they can get back together. I think that's what Granny's interference would be about. I haven't watched yet so it's just a guess. But there must have been something she got out of it since they dated for so long and planned to get married.

And being the fire to his water, grandma is right. If he'd loved her enough and valued the role she played in his life more, he would have heeded her warnings and not ended up in the predicament he found himself. So it is true that he needs someone like her. Now, what he brings to her? The show never really showed that. We never really saw the spark in their relationship or whatever it was that drew them together so it's hard to tell. It was never the focus of the drama.

Yes, but the incident five or so years ago seems like it precedes DH/JY coming together.  IF before, she did not see or know about his "criminal" activities back in the day before their joining.  If that's the case, he was faking it and going through the motions just giving her what he thought she wanted until what he wanted surfaced again....money and power.  She never knew the real him it seems imo.

So granny's insistence is meddling.  Yes, we can all agree that JY is good for DH, but DH does not appear to be good for JY.

I  like the last conversation that they had together before he goes to jail (without any trial?).  She asked him a question because I think she wanted to gain an understanding of who he is and what makes him tick. 

Archived