[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

JY now can start anew with MJ only I hope it’s not one sided as she appears to be clear about her motives and whose heart she's striking while he is aiming at two hearts. 

There's no point in hoping they do not kill him off with the ca but let's stay true to the storyline.....If they kill him off, it had better be so earth shattering that we're either all screaming at our screens or bawling our eyes out....  Choose wisely show.

I am still not convinced about the car accident or DH's obsession with IH during his college years.  I re-watched those scenes with WITHS2 subs and I got another distinct impression like DH's past is catching up with him and more needs to be revealed about it....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the preview from A Koala here.

Written preview for episode 8:

Jung Yeon gives Myung Joon painkillers, asking him whether this alleviates his pain? He tells her that he doesn’t have much time left, so why bother doing these pointless things. Jung Yeon tells Myung Joon that rich people often don’t act like rich people. They keep wanting to make more money. She sees this, and wonders if rich people have different blood flowing through their veins than regular people.

On the other hand, Do Hyun is on the rooftop, and cannot think of a solution to extricate himself. Suddenly he gets a call from In Hye, asking what his plans are for today. Do Hyun explains that he planning to attend a gathering of his former classmates. In Hye asks him to cancel his plans and meet with her right away, Do Hyun has a very bad feeling about it.

[Credit: written preview released by SBS, translated into Chinese by Baidu Midas bar, translated into English by me]

Here is the preview from A Koala here.

Written preview for episode 8:

Jung Yeon gives Myung Joon painkillers, asking him whether this alleviates his pain? He tells her that he doesn’t have much time left, so why bother doing these pointless things. Jung Yeon tells Myung Joon that rich people often don’t act like rich people. They keep wanting to make more money. She sees this, and wonders if rich people have different blood flowing through their veins than regular people.

On the other hand, Do Hyun is on the rooftop, and cannot think of a solution to extricate himself. Suddenly he gets a call from In Hye, asking what his plans are for today. Do Hyun explains that he planning to attend a gathering of his former classmates. In Hye asks him to cancel his plans and meet with her right away, Do Hyun has a very bad feeling about it.

[Credit: written preview released by SBS, translated into Chinese by Baidu Midas bar, translated into English by me]

Thanks for this. Sounds exciting! :)

Guest kimjohnhyun

this is so sad.. people are catching up.. i can't even watch now because darksmurfs removed the subtitles already on their site... T.T oh why are korean broadcasting networks so strict.. they know that their drama has also international audiences.. hahaha

i think they should someday include english subtitles during airtime by default.. hahaha

this is so sad.. people are catching up.. i can't even watch now because darksmurfs removed the subtitles already on their site... T.T oh why are korean broadcasting networks so strict.. they know that their drama has also international audiences.. hahaha

i think they should someday include english subtitles during airtime by default.. hahaha

Hi, can you watch from Jacinda1st?

Guest Asianatic

So according to the preview DH survived the interrogation?  I have a feeling IH wanting to meet him will actually turn out to be good news for him......This is how dramas work.  

All I am looking forward to is the nurse giving some TLC to the ailing playboy.  NMW's intensity always make their  few encounters so heart achingly romantic. With every upcoming episode you hope to see more of them and you are always left wanting more.  I wish the makers of the drama could see that the magic lies in these two people but JH is such a huge star so I am sure they will never dare to give the two younger actors more attention. We'll just have to wait for them to do drama together where they are the leads. I have been waiting for LMJ to work with LMH again and now I want her with NMW. Her magic is she makes her costars even hotter.  

It's extremely unlikely that SBS was behind the move against darksmurf's subs. If you are a member of the DS forum, go over there and read the thread about the matter. The signs are that the notice DS received and acted on was a fake, but he is understandably enough playing safe. I wouldn't rule out the return of Midas to DS when the dust dies down.

In the meantime I am sorry to see claims that the VK site owners are telling VK channel teams that they must not release softsubs on to other sites, thus shutting out people in those parts of the world that VK excludes. I stopped being a regular contributor of Kor-Eng translations to VK mainly because of their geographical exclusion policy and I doubt if many of the people who do all that hard work over at VK are happy to see their efforts visible only to people who live in the "right" parts of the globe.

It's extremely unlikely that SBS was behind the move against darksmurf's subs. If you are a member of the DS forum, go over there and read the thread about the matter. The signs are that the notice DS received and acted on was a fake, but he is understandably enough playing safe. I wouldn't rule out the return of Midas to DS when the dust dies down.

In the meantime I am sorry to see claims that the VK site owners are telling VK channel teams that they must not release softsubs on to other sites, thus shutting out people in those parts of the world that VK excludes. I stopped being a regular contributor of Kor-Eng translations to VK mainly because of their geographical exclusion policy and I doubt if many of the people who do all that hard work over at VK are happy to see their efforts visible only to people who live in the "right" parts of the globe.

So does this means that drama;s wont be subbed in the future ???? :o i soo dont hope it...

[...]

will this drama not be subbed anymore???

[...]

Don't panic. If I hadn't just started watching today's ep, I'd say keep cool like DH, but right now, around 10 mins in at the point I'm up to, he's

clearly scared stiff, though he's trying not to show it.

So let's make that: "keep cool like IH," though there are little signs of fraying at the edges there, too.

The only subs to suffer are the DS ones. And that may not be the last word where they're concerned. Their loss is unfortunate for people who understandably like to see some sort of subs as fast as possible and who are in parts of the world Viki blocks out.

In the long term, WITHS2 will come up with the goods. But they have their tried and tested workflow and aren't in the 24 hour turnaround game.

If it's really true that VK is trying to stop teams from putting out softsubs that can be used by people in countries that VK blocks out from their streaming service, then I think that's disgraceful, and something ought to be done about it. At the very least, people who contribute the segging and subbing to VK might want to ask themselves whether they are happy to have their work held captive in this way.

I stopped subbing at VK because I was unhappy with many aspects of how that site is owned, managed and run, despite my admiration for so many of the volunteers who cheerfully provide the slave labor on which the site owners depend. I went over there yesterday just to put some of the Midas ep 6 and 7 subs I had translated on DS and which on VK were either still missing or, in my view, not quite correct, into the VK version so that they wouldn't go to waste, but I don't intend to linger.

Archived