[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

Guest soompigalz

We'll be doing recaps on our blog so feel free to check them out! :)

Woho thanks for doing that sista, really appreciate it,

I just now realize that IH has a red heart-shape cellphone hanger, kinda ironic dont u think?

Also the preview for ep 6 look exciting, our sexy Casanova will start a new phase trying to win the heart of his "future first love" while Mr Money Hunter busy enjoying his plane-ride with a cup of coffee and a brand new hairstyle,. for this i would say YEPEEKAYAY, bring it on baldy =)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midas is getting exciting each and every episode. Someone who would like to learn more about money, stock, etc. should watch this one. It's an interesting and intelligent drama to watch. And also, the characters go well together.

Kim Hee Ae is perfect for the role of IH because she looks fabulous and sophisticated, she's an awesome actress. Jang Hyuk is as usual impressive, and hot for sure, he acting as DH is really realistic.

LMJ is really very pretty, and her character is lovable. I am really looking forward for her character to change, not in a bad way though...

Noh Min Woo... well, what can I say? Honestly, i first got curious with this drama coz of him.. I watched him in Pasta, MGIG, and Rock Rock Rock, and he's geting better and better each drama.. I hope to see more of him.

I don't know who will be coupled with whom in the end, but as the story progresses i decided not to blink. Im'a stick with MIDAS, coz this is a very intriguing and definitely awesome drama to watch.

Does anyone agree?

DH already on the way to US at the end of ep 5, and i guess the flight scene at ep 6 preview is when he back from US (i assume after 1 or 2 year).

And Yup, me too cant wait to see the real love triangle to begin

I have a question, is attorney Choi knew the fact that DH has been helping IH all this long?

He look surprise when SJ told him that, wasnt he the one who introduce DH to IH first before he introduces him to the chairman?

Oh, then i missed the scene then since i watched it RAW and i didn't understand hangul so much. I don't know, bcos i'm not sure if attorney choi pretending or not. In my opinion, he knew bout it but he was pretending at that time.

Ah, can't wait for MJ and JY scenes, i'm a bit biased on this couple since i thought DH has been changed toward her. The writer please get more scenes with this couple and dont let MJ dies later. :(

Guest fanart0101

"Midas" Lee Min-jeong, will she reveal wicked characters in the arms of Noh Min-woo?

photo159115.jpg

Lee Jeong-yeon (Lee Min-jeong) is showing signs to become a wicked girl.

In the fifth episode of SBS drama "Midas" on the 8th, Kim Do-hyeon (Jang Hyeok) decides to go abroad with Yoo In-hye (Kim Hee-ae. He decided to learn from her for a year. Lee Jeong-yeon held him back but failed.

Yoo In-hye has the intention to tear off Jeong-yeon from Do-hyeon. Kim Do-hyeon is grabbing the bait and Lee Jeong-yeon can't catch him.

There are cases where the lead female turns evil in drama where plutocrats fight for the heritance. They seek riches in order to take revenge on those who hurt them. Lee Jeong-yeon shows signs of this. The existence of Yoo Myeong-joon (Noh Min-woo) is that.

Yoo Myeong-joon is the son of a concubine and a loose fish. He approached Lee Jeong-yeon but was coolly rejected and humiliated several times. This is the formula of a rich guy and a common girl. He has now fallen for Lee Jeong-yeon and starts showing his true aspects. Lee Jeong-yeon ignores him but not as coldly as she did before.

In addition, he promised to help her. This day, he got a promise of a big inheritance from his sister Yoo In-hye. In the conflict of Lee Jeong-yeon who was outraged by Kim Do-hyeon leaving, the role of Yoo Myeong-joon seemed definite. He is waiting for Kim Do-hyeon to leave. Attention is being drawn on Lee Jeong-yeon's choice.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )& HanCinema

hopefully she doesn't turn evil^^^ then... this show would be a headache

I don't know about evil but I want to see her give IH and DH a run for her money.....Champion against champion so that DH realizes what an assssssssssssssss he is!

Bring it on!   If IH and JE were on the Jerry Springer show I'd be shouting,  "Jeong-yeon,  Jeong-yeon,  Jeong-yeon, etc.".

Guest lucky_moon

If you are watching Midas for the plot then I'd advice you to watch War of Money after you finish Midas, its like a sequence, DH here is obsess with money and as we all see he doesnt mind doing anything in sake of money but money isnt everything in life in the end of the drama we will see how relation can be broken cuz of money but its too late to realize that, in War of Money; NR used the money to punish those who destroy his family, he avenge them with the same weapon they are using to destroy others, he doesnt care what sequences he will get as long as they get a taste of their own medicine.

what I wanna say both drama have the same idea about money and both are good but in Midas it shows the DH and what he is gonna do or step on to reach what he wants when in War of Money it gives us a lesson not to belittle people and control their lives with our money cuz once this money will be a burden on us :)

I don't know about evil but I want to see her give IH and DH a run for her money.....Champion against champion so that DH realizes what an assssssssssssssss he is!

Bring it on!   If IH and JE were on the Jerry Springer show I'd be shouting,  "Jeong-yeon,  Jeong-yeon,  Jeong-yeon, etc.".

LOL! Jerry Springer ;) I too would be rooting for Jung Young though. And I agree. I kinda want to see her transform into a tough force and make DH regret that he left her.

LOL! Jerry Springer ;) I too would be rooting for Jung Young though. And I agree. I kinda want to see her transform into a tough force and make DH regret that he left her.

Honestly, I watch no more than around 5 mins of Springer after stumbling on the program....My amazement lasts about that long, lol.

I hope she toughens up too and if DH takes a second glance at what he's missed....alas, parting is such sweet sorrow.

Guest aircastles

I doubt it'll be a MJ and JY ending because JY loves Dh and knows he was only blinded by money. If in the end he changes, she'll probably forgive him, or she'll try really hard to change him and he might just change for her in the end~

Yeah, I agree. I highly doubt that MJ/JY will be endgame even though I'd love them to be. Although, at this point it is rather hard to see what will be endgame since it could go multiple ways - JY/DH, DH/IH or, if the drama wants to go this way, DH all lonely and regretful at the end. (Hah, ngl, that latter ending would be awesome in my book. I'd like for the drama to use DH as that ~cautionary tale~ of the consequences of greed, idk.)

I don't care for DH's "let's strike it big and get rich yo" (unless that's the point, idk) and IH is interesting in that mysterious way but it's hard to...connect to her? (I'm looking forward in getting to know more about her character, though.) I think the two characters I could see myself caring for is JY and MJ (if only they could give us more scenes of him, lol). But I am still interested to see where the plot takes us and more MJ/JY scenes ahem. ;)

I wonder why DH had to resign from the firm in order to be trained by Loan Asia for a year?

I'm liking the 2nd brother....He's explosive in his temperament which makes for good viewing.

Well, DH asked YJ to hold onto him as he will never let her go so they may be together in the end, but I still want to see her and MJ as couple, but this may not be in the script.

Guest soompigalz

Well if the writer still stick with the original plan of the story, i think we'll have a chance to witness JY-MJ moment of love, although as some of u have said before, it may not be the end result.

Mskololia1, DH resign from att Choi's law firm? i didnt know that, no wonder his office were all emptied up when SJ come, maybe IH wanna use his skill all for herself without any further bound/distraction from Yoo's big house.

the lesson abt money .is that .money is not dirty .but is the greed of men which make money evil

lol NMW is going to quote famous line from Secret garden .is this the best are you sure while being put in charge of the shopping mall

come to think of it..the actor who is NMW's father in Midas is KJW's grandfather lol

노민우, 현빈에 빙의? "이게 최선입니까?"

매일경제 원문 기사전송 2011-03-13 11:25

20110313_1299982989.jpg

SBS 월화드라마 '마이더스'에 출연 중인 노민우가 '시크릿가든' 속 현빈의 명대사를 선보일 예정이라 눈길을 끈다.

지난 방송분에서 TS몰 경영을 맡게 된 명준(노민우 분)은 14일 방송되는 '마이더스' 6회에서 임원들과 함께 쇼핑몰을 둘러보고 브리핑을 받는다.

이 과정에서 명준은 "이게 최선의 방안입니까?"라는 대사를 할 예정인 것. "이게 최선입니까?"라는 대사는 '시크릿가든'에서 김주원 역으로 활약한 현빈이 자주 하던 대사라 관심을 모은다.

특히 '시크릿가든' 속 김주원의 할아버지인 로엘그룹 회장 역을 중견 연기자 김성겸이 맡았는데, 공교롭게도 '마이더스' 속 명준의 아버지인 인진그룹 회장 역 역시 김성겸이 맡게 돼 드라마상 족보로 보면 노민우가 현빈의 삼촌(?)이 되는 셈이다.

'마이더스' 한 관계자는 "6회 대본이 나오고 명준의 대사에서 '시크릿가든' 속 현빈의 모습이 떠올려져 제작진 역시 깜짝 놀랐다"며 "현빈과 는 또 다른 CEO의 모습을 연기하는 노민우의 모습도 재미있게 지켜봐달라"고 전했다.

한편 '마이더스'는 흡인력 있는 스토리와 배우들의 명 연기로 호평 받고 있다.

If you are watching Midas for the plot then I'd advice you to watch War of Money after you finish Midas, its like a sequence, DH here is obsess with money and as we all see he doesnt mind doing anything in sake of money but money isnt everything in life in the end of the drama we will see how relation can be broken cuz of money but its too late to realize that, in War of Money; NR used the money to punish those who destroy his family, he avenge them with the same weapon they are using to destroy others, he doesnt care what sequences he will get as long as they get a taste of their own medicine.

what I wanna say both drama have the same idea about money and both are good but in Midas it shows the DH and what he is gonna do or step on to reach what he wants when in War of Money it gives us a lesson not to belittle people and control their lives with our money cuz once this money will be a burden on us :)

well said...Yea i kidda want to linked to war of money as well...if Midas is following the suit then bad and sad ending will happen in Midas as well which i dun want it to happen. But the storyline are heading and the sypnosis of MH dying...??? how can be a good ending? sigh

Mskololia1, DH resign from att Choi's law firm? i didnt know that, no wonder his office were all emptied up when SJ come, maybe IH wanna use his skill all for herself without any further bound/distraction from Yoo's big house.

It's like he's become her favorite "pet" and wants to keep him on a short leash.  I think she will not allow for any distractions as she's all about the money.  A big investment has been made in him.

It will be interesting to see what happens when he wants to zig and while she wants him to zag....Will the Yoo's eventually write it off as a loss and lesson learned or will sth more sinister happen???

I'm more disappointed in how DH treated his fiance.  He did not make sure she got home late at night or call to check up on her or anything along those lines.  He should have given her the SUV as the Firm or IH would have provide another transportation for him if he explained.  And, yes I think IH is very calculating because she knows human nature being involved in the stock markets.

EDIT

Oops!  Topped the page. 

Well, here are some pictures.

Additional Cast :

d0ffc7eb544de4598ac04c173e622f4b1296206995_full.jpg

Jung Suk Won as Jae Bum has been cast as Kim Hee Ae's bodyguard.

910e8e1207f58fb0a3ab71ce851b60c31296207299_full.jpg

Yeo Ho Min

758569f8baef64463b70e7f90bcf5c9c1296207487_full.jpg

Kim Sung Oh

44ed134106a3d23a104be5fc1c6ea62e1296207587_full.jpg

Lee Duk Hwa

a2972a4f9be37a112a2a5c989e614c5a1296207680_full.jpg

Yoon Je Moon

Archived