[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charmy19_23

JANG HYUK..... LEE MIN JUNG..... NO MIN WOO... :wub: :wub:

My gosh, Im sooo excited to All of them at their comeback drama....

Im going to watch Midas,, soon..Excited! Excited!

Guest overdosetheaddiction

we will be trending #SBSMIDAS tomorrow. :) lezgo!

and if you like min-woo... #GOGOMYEONGJUN

most importantly, let's all show our support by watching the pilot tomorrow, of course. ^____^

I thought this was worth sharing.

Will Jang score another success with ‘Midas’?

2011-02-21 19:20

The Slave Hunters’ star says he feels no pressure to live up to expectations

Judging from the star-studded cast fronting SBS’ new Monday and Tuesday night series, “Midas” looks like a shoo-in for success.

Then again, so did its predecessor “ATHENA: Goddess of War,” but high-profile heartthrobs like Jung Woo-sung and Cha Seung-won did not prove alluring enough to reel in top ratings for the Monday and Tuesday night series.

Ending one day earlier than planned, “ATHENA” passes on a burdensome baton to “Midas,” which like the action blockbuster, not only sports strong leads but also runs along a more serious vein than its musical rival, KBS’ “Dream High.”

At this point, it looks like television audiences are hankering for “Dream High’s” lighthearted song-and-dance numbers, but both “Midas” leads Jang Hyuk and Lee Min-jung are currently hot property and are largely successful in their careers. 

20110221001015_0.jpg

At the drama’s press conference on Monday, actress Lee sent a nod to Choi when she coyly said, “My character is betrayed by love but I am not sure if she will take revenge on him (Jang Hyuk’s lead) or if she will help him. It’s up to the scriptwriter.”

In what is a major departure from a golden track record chock full of rom-coms, Lee plays the disillusioned fiance to Jang’s slick Do-hyun, a fund manager-turned-lawyer who nabs the job of a lifetime working for a chaebol household.

Greed rears its ugly head when the family’s eldest daughter (played by veteran actress Kim Hee-ae) offers him a proposal he just can’t refuse, involving him in a high stakes game of power that threatens to transform him into a money-hungry monster.

Jang Hyuk cemented the cold-hearted image of his character when he described Do-hyun as “ambitious and loaded with desire” before quickly asserting that his character also possesses other facets.

Jang was also quick to state that he did not feel pressure to live up to his successful role in KBS’ “The Slave Hunters.”

“I know that may sound cocky, but characters and actors are not one and the same,” he explained. “This drama might do well, it might not. If I allowed myself to look back at ‘The Slave Hunters’ and try to differentiate my new role from that project then it might detract from my pure devotion to the art of acting. Back then I played Lee Dae-gil in ‘The Slave Hunters’ and now I am focusing on my role in ‘Midas.’”

So what kind of series will “Midas” be?

The preview reel that ran at the drama’s press conference promised an urban thriller with melodramatic plot twists in spades.

In what looks like a veritable cocktail of wealth, ambition, deception and seduction, the upcoming series will center on a family’s struggle to claim a major stake in the chaebol patriarch’s fortune.

Overseas interest in the series prior to tonight’s debut has been stupendous, with promotional events taking place in Singapore and Malaysia and Sony Pictures Entertainment Networks Asia purchasing the series.

“Midas” starts airing tonight on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:55 p.m. on SBS.

By Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Thanks mskololia1!

hahatk: thanks for the latest trailer.

Eh? Nobody posted pics from the Press Conference? What gives? :lol: OK...here are some pics and interviews from the press conference on Feb 21.

2011-02-2100000020_0eaae_o.JPG

2011022135433646.jpg

2011022183577_2011022120931.jpg

2011022183607_2011022120901.jpg

2011022183557_2011022120911.jpg

1656_L_1298270520.jpg

20110221182552_4d622fa0b021e_1.jpg

20110221194331_4d6241d33a522_1.jpg

1656_L_1298267736.jpg

20110221_leeminjung_inter.jpg

20110221194107_4d62414325f71_1.jpg

2011022181777_2011022119931.jpg

2011022181577_2011022119961.jpg

2011022101665_0.jpg

- Jang Hyuk was asked if he felt any regrets about Secret Garden? (he was originally cast as Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin's character) but had to back out for some reason)

He answered "Secret Garden is a really good drama." "I'm happy that Hyun Bin becomes an even better actor than from prior to that drama." "Right now I'm working hard to be able to express my character better on 'Midas'."

- Jang Hyuk said that "I have to change my appearance to play a shrewd fund manager." He also said "He doesn't feel burdened." "It might sound arrogant, but characters and actors are different. Actors act the characters."

- Jang Hyuk asked about revealing his chocolate abs (tight abs).

He answered "In 'Chuno' (Slave Hunters), I used my abs as a costume, a direct expression of the hardship of the commoners. In 'Midas' my abs are revealed in the shower scene not just to show it but because was feeling anguished int he story so he took a cold shower."

- Kim Hee Ae and Lee Min Jung praising one another.

Kim Hee Ae said "I was curious what kind of actress she is. I watched "Cyrano Dating Agency" and in there she is very pretty like a goddess. Though she looks like a goddess, she is down-to-earth and comfortable to be around just like a neighborhood girl."

Lee Min Jung said "I've always wanted to be like Kim Hee Ae sunbaenim. It's an honor for me to share the same stage as her. I want to learn everything I can from sunbaenim."

- Lee Min Jung was asked to choose between Jang Hyuk and Noh Min Woo.

Lee Min Jung answered "If talking about my character then of course I'd choose Jang Hyuk whom I've been seeing for 7 years. In real life he's taken so I'd choose Noh Min Woo."

- Jang Hyuk was asked a similar question between Lee Min Jung and Kim Hee Ae.

He answered "In the drama choosing Kim Hee Ae sunbae is more rational choice than the ideal romantic notion. But in real life it'll be hard to choose between them."

- Lee Min Jung was asked her favorite scene so far.

She answered "The wedding dress scene." She added "In Boys Over Flower, Smile,You, I wore a wedding dress but didn't get married. Would I also not get married this time? What kind of coincidence that I'd do this 3 times?"

- Lee Min Jung asked about her success as a movie actress in Cyrano Dating Agency

She answered "That movie left a strong effect. Of course I want to work hard on TV, but I also want to do movies."

Clip:

http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/02/21/2011022101896.html

And more...

1657_L_1298280400.jpg

20110221183952_4d6232e8adc73_1.jpg

0a780a6e01776f41a1e96f81d873bdfd.jpg

1656_L_1298270312.jpg

1656_L_1298270737.jpg

news1298278817_239334_1_m.jpg

21_133479.jpg

20110221002808_0.jpg

1656_L_1298270108.jpg

1298269758806_1.jpg

20110221170009_4d621b89f2dbb_1.jpg

20110221170210_4d621c020809b_1.jpg

70bc9722805ed127cb2340f59da147bb.jpg

More from various interviews:

- Kim Hee Ae said "There are so many beautiful women and men in our drama that I feel burdened." "Thought they're men, their faces are smaller and their skin are better than me."

- Kim Hee Ae was asked about her impression on Noh Min Woo

She said "He is very delicate. I can never get my hair to look right. Whenever I come on set, I'd ask Noh Min Woo for advice on hairstyles."

- Noh Min Woo said that the first time he met the director, the director said "You're quite popular with the ladies, aren't you?"

Noh Min Woo said" I answered 'It seems I'm more popular with the women than the men.' and the director seemed satisfied with that answer."

- Noh Min Woo said "The director doesn't want exaggerated expression or action when I play the playboy role. He wants a realistic acting." "The director also said this for my kiss scene 'Do how you normally would' so it really felt like the real thing on set."

- Noh Min Woo said "We had to endure a lot shooting in the cold winter. I really want the drama to do well. I think people look the most attractive when they work hard. We'll work hard on this drama. Please give this drama a lot of love."

- Kim Hee Ae asked about her beauty secrets

She said "I go to the dermatologist once a week. I use facial care cosmetics at home. But what I'd recommend the most is working out. I've never missed my daily work out for the last 10 years and I think that's my main beauty secret."

- Lee Min Jung about being called a goddess

She said " I've never thought of myself as a goddess or an uljjang (pretty face). I'm heppiest when I can portray my character well. That's why an actor looks pretty when she is acting. This time I also want through my acting look beautiful."

- Jang Hyuk talked about the difference between Tazza's Go Ni and Midas' Kim Do Hyun

Jang Hyuk said "My character in Tazza showed the grip that caught gamblers moreso than a story about money." "In Midas, Kim Do Hyun is like a moth to a flame chasing after money hunting for his chance to be a rich man." "There's a scene where after he succeeded he puts some food out for his deceased mother and said 'Mother, you must be cold and hungry. There's hot food here. You hated fish so I brought you some mear. Why couldn't you want? Because you couldn't wait, I had nobody to eat with at this table.'." "Tazza and Midas are different in many parts."

- Noh Min Woo said that he was nervous infront of Yoon Je Moon and Kim Hee Ae.

He said "When I shot a scene with Yoon Je Moon sunbae and saw his eyes, I was really shocked because his eyes look really scary." "When I shot a scene with Kim Hee Ae sunbae, my heart stirred from her beauty and elegance."

- Jang Hyuk talked about Kim Hee Ae

Jang Hyuk said "She is a sunbae (senior) to me in many ways." "I learned a lot about reaction when I act with her." "She is an amazing actor who leads with a firm hand."

- Lee Min Jung talked about working with Jang Hyuk for the second time

She said "He's an actor who always learns." "Jang Hyuk works hard taking care of his family. I think that's why he's lost a lot of weight." "Eat many healthy foods and gain a bit of weight back."

- Kim Hee Ae said "The story is really interesting. It might be hard if I have to work with unattrractive actors. Working with good looking actors is of course a good point but the fact that they are also serious about their work makes me happy." "Coming back to work after 4 years make me feel like I'm in a different country." "They might be young actors but I think it'll be different and not necessarily a bad thing."

- Kim Hee Ae also revealed that she had to speak English and Chinese for her role. "I studied Chinese for 2 months but I ended up only speaking Chinese 1 minute in the first episode."

EDIT:

Clip with the actors introducing themselves and photo time

http://www.tagstory.com/video/video_post.aspx?media_id=V000485719

EDIT 2:

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700800&g_serial=551513&rrf=nv

Kang Seung Yoon (of Superstar K fame) will be singing the ending theme song for Midas. The title of the song is '니가 천국이다' ('You're Heaven'). The song is composed by Lee Hyun Seung who wrote Kim Tae Woo's 'Love Rain' and many others. 'You're Heaven' will be the theme song for Jang Hyuk and Kim Hee Ae's love theme song.

Archived