[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

Guest jen2010

Hi Ocha- THanks for sharing the clip.

Good to see Hyukie on screen again

I don't think Do Hyun is going to be a nice guy here :P

Read from Zoi's blog that after the filming of the Client, we will probably see a change in the styling of Do Hyun, probably an indication of a change in his thoughts and ambition ~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be getting my Greek confused because I thought King Midas could not eat either...so he grew frail albeit rich and solitary as everything and everyone was being turned into gold...  So the enjoyment is definitely short-lived as success sometimes is once one settles down and gets quiet or introspective. 

Guest soompigalz

I UL the SBS Hanbam vids to Youtube hoping they don't complain about the copyright violation too soon.

Midas SBS Hanbam interview 1

Midas SBS Hanbam interview 2

Hiks they actually already did deleted part 1,

Still, thanks for sharing

Lee MinJung's nurse uniform is indeed unique and its different from the usual uniform they used for nurses in every other K-Drama, this makes me wonder whether No Minwoo will dress as a patient for most of her part in the drama since he is in a terminal stage of cancer and it must required him to stay at hospital 24/7, ^_^

If it so then wheres the fun of having hot guy in a drama? :tears::lol:

hmmmm, when i looked closer at the posters, i noticed that the bg is actually LMJ's character description poster (or at least thats what i think it is) cause you can see words too. i'm not sure why it's there o_o it seemed like someone took the posters [fanmade or not] and plastered it on LMJ's char description or something. but it's so easy to just start on a blank image canvas on photoshop lol so idk D:

but im soooo happy that midas is airing one week earlier! which is only less than 5 days away :D the bad thing is that they can only air one episode, and it's pretty hard to build the foundation for a drama with only one episode since people usually use the first week to determine whether or not they will continue the drama. but seeing how they decided to do that, they must have a fair amount of confidence that the first episode is capable of standing by itself. either that, or they just couldnt do anything about it lol

Guest soompigalz

Another stills:

Yoo MyungJun (No MinWoo)

midas2.jpg

This doesnt look like No Minwoo though, maybe just the angle :sweatingbullets:

Lee JungYun (Lee MinJung)

midas1k.jpg

There's more on the official website, but IE didnt work well with me, so sorry couldnt upload more :sweatingbullets:

I UL the TV vids to Tudou as well.

Midas SBS Interview Pt1

Midas SBS Interview Pt 2

Thank you hahatk dear!

Some translation...please feel free to correct or add to this...

from the first clip:

The clip started with the MC/reporter saying "On today's filming set, we're happy to see the faces of the cool city man Jang Hyuk, the pretty smiling eyes Lee Min Jung, and Kim Hee Ae who's returning after 4 years."

One of the staff member made a comment towards KHA "It looks like you're coming to give your sympathy." KHA replied "Seems that way...but I'm one of the actors here". Then the staff said "It's been a really long time."

The voiceover then went on to say "Aren't you curious to why these great actors are meeting together?" Then they showed the trailer.

How are you going to get 10 billion won

Yoo In Hye: I'll make you an offer you can't refuse

Kim Do Hyun: The operation has started

The drama that tells the trade secrets of the chaebols and that surrounding money starts now

The daughter of a chaebol... Yoo In Hye--Kim Hee Ae

The lawyer... Kim Do Hyun -- Jang Hyuk

The woman who loves...Lee Jung Yun--Lee Min Jung

in the drama Midas

The MC/reporter then said about how they're looking forward to seeing the actors and that there's a feeling of nervousness on set. The filming that day started with Jang Hyuk and Kim Hee Ae's meeting then Lee Min Jung seeing the situation. However just by looking at JH's face, KHA laughed and it was an NG.

Afterwards it's an interview with Jang Hyuk

The interviewer asked Hyuk where he thinks his popularity is gonna be in 2011. Hyuk answered in a joking manner that he thinks he'd still be popular :lol: . Then Jang Hyuk went on to say how in Chuno his character's eyes are that of someone who wants to die since there's nothing for him to live for. There's nothing for him to live for. While in Midas, his character's eyes are clear and that Kim Do Hyun is worried a lot.

Video interview part 2

The MC/interviewer said how Jang Hyuk's character received a secret offer from Kim Hee Ae's character.

Jang Hyuk said there's a lot of English legal terms so it wasn't easy. He asked his friend who is a lawyer and another one who is a fund manager in order to be able to say the right English terms.

The interviewer then said something like "He seems like an amazing character". Jang Hyuk replied again jokingly "I'm somewhat amazing myself":lol:.

The interviewer went on to ask about his choco abs. JH answered "The chocolate hasn't been sold yet". Then the interviewer mentioned how Valentine's day was recent. Hyuk answered that he just received the chocolate yesterday. (I think he was joking around between choco abs and real Valentine's day chocolate). Then Hyuk went on to say "Actually there's something like that in the 1st episode. But I have no idea why it was written like that" :lol: .

And then it showed the shower scene....and the caps said "Because it's so precious!" The voiceover at the end said "Writer-nim, Thank you very much!" LOL LOL

Then they showed Kim Hee Ae and Lee Min Jung. The MC said to look forward to the relationship between JH, his fiancee LMJ, and KHA.

Then a clip from the drama:

Lee Jung Yun: The invitations are here

Kim Do Hyun: Wow it came out great

Will he choose the woman who's been waiting for and only looking at him or will he choose money and prestige?

back to interview

JH: I'm really glad. I think she(Kim Hee Ae) is someone I can learn a lot from. Min Jung-ssi is also someonw I can learn from. It's really fun filming together with them.

but im soooo happy that midas is airing one week earlier! which is only less than 5 days away :D the bad thing is that they can only air one episode, and it's pretty hard to build the foundation for a drama with only one episode since people usually use the first week to determine whether or not they will continue the drama. but seeing how they decided to do that, they must have a fair amount of confidence that the first episode is capable of standing by itself. either that, or they just couldnt do anything about it lol

True true...I guess it just means SBS has a lot of faith in Midas. At first they were thinking of doing an Athena special episode but then decided not to. In any case, that just means the 1st episode has to be spectacular.

lilcrash and soompigalz: thanks for the pics!

Hi o-cha.  Can you add pics on the support cast members.  I'd like to know who the actor playing Kim Do-young is since he's mentioned in the interview translation.  Why is his lawyer worried?  :o 

"Afterwards it's an interview with Jang Hyuk

The interviewer asked Hyuk where he thinks his popularity is gonna be in 2011. Hyuk answered in a joking manner that he thinks he'd still be popular :lol: . Then Jang Hyuk went on to say how in Chuno his character's eyes are that of someone who wants to die since there's nothing for him to live for. There's nothing for him to live for. While in Midas, his character's eyes are clear and that Kim Do Hyun is worried a lot."

Finally found the complete Midas TV interview vid here.

http://qtv.freechal.com/Viewer/QTVOutViewer.asp?docid=3167006&srchcp=N&playtimePos=&q=%26%2351109;%26%2354785;#container

or

Midas TV Interview

Thanks ocha and mskololia for the translations of the vid. It's so great to have you translating for us; otherwise, I had no clue except picking up LMJ's name :P

hahatk, oh I did not translate that o-cha did.  I just cut 'n pasted in her translation in my comment.:sweatingbullets:

lol, I was in a hurry to post the links and then read the translations later. Yeah, you're right. The credit and thanks are all for our dearest o-cha :D

Guest SooInSmile

Looking good everyone in here is just so wow when I look at them. Can't wait to see it, hope the storyline is good then there is nothing to worry about!

Archived