[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

Guest Asianatic

I agree with you all. The old rich lady is annoying.  She doesn't even know DH well and she's decided JY should be the fire engine to DH's inferno. Or does she sense that JY still cares for him?   If so how come we don't get any scenes where we are shown that JY is still cares for DH. 

If  NMN's lips start looking pink again ....that means he's going to live so I will be watching out for that. 

JY did ask DH not to go for revenge and the outcome would be worse....or something like that. But he's going ahead and he will win but at the cost of losing JY. That's what I hope the writers are going for. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ but when i was watching the new episode i still sense that JY still love DH but something is still bothering her that DH still cares about money and power. And i don't sense JY likes MH in my opinion she just treat him as friends. I think maybe the screenwriter will put JY will not end up with anyone....sigh....

why sbs can't give me a good ending????? After sign i still cannot forget the fear of being to absorbed in the drama and end up being pissed off in the end.

I hope that it won't happen to Midas...

Guest Asianatic

^^ but when i was watching the new episode i still sense that JY still love DH but something is still bothering her that DH still cares about money and power. And i don't sense JY likes MH in my opinion she just treat him as friends. I think maybe the screenwriter will put JY will not end up with anyone....sigh....

Yes, she seems to have some attachment ....after all she's been his gf for quite a bit of time. But it also looks like she's busy with her new job and her handsome rich friend. What gives me hope she did tell DH to forget everything and start anew and she seems disappointed with his reply.....that instead of regret he only feels anger and there's no turning back.  I don't think JY wants that kind of headache again. 

I am hoping that in the next episodes she'll start looking at MJ as more than a friend.  Maybe he will go into remission, his many ex gfs will show up and JY will think he's not a bad deal after all. 

Yes, she seems to have some attachment ....after all she's been his gf for quite a bit of time. But it also looks like she's busy with her new job and her handsome rich friend. What gives me hope she did tell DH to forget everything and start anew and she seems disappointed with his reply.....that instead of regret he only feels anger and there's no turning back.  I don't think JY wants that kind of headache again. 

I am hoping that in the next episodes she'll start looking at MJ as more than a friend.  Maybe he will go into remission, his many ex gfs will show up and JY will think he's not a bad deal after all. 

I am baffled that grandma is in on the sting against the Yoo family.  I think the woman may be a little senile; and I am surprised not to see her children.  They should be concerned about the amount of traffic by strangers in and out of her home....

JY accepted MJ's gift and dinner out.  If she did not want to be bothered I think she would have not accepted his gift or had dinner with him.  She’s rather to the point---blunt.  Even though her words to him when he dropped her off were not exactly encouraging, I don't think MJ will give up that easy. 

Hm, back to whether or not YJ knew of DH prior criminal's activities, was I wrong or did DH's mom died when he was barely finishing high school? It seems he was quite young still, and then raised himself and put himself through school. DH once told YJ that his mom always told him YJ was the best thing to ever happen to him (along those lines). It was in the earlier episodes, when we still had flashbacks of DH's life with his mom.

If the above is true, then it could imply that YJ and DH have been dating since more or less high school (trying to remember if I saw YJ and DH's mom together), i.e. since prior his first criminal activity.

My other question: we now call it criminal activity, but wasn't it said that DH had no idea he was actually laundering money, and doing so for a political candidate? just wondering...

About Grandma and her invisible kids, that woman strikes me as an iron hand in a velvet glove. As long as she's alive, it seems she reigns over her money all by herself. From what she said (and what we saw in the beginning), her kids didn't even come to the hospital to inquire about her wealth, but to ask for money. She then kicked the one guy out of her room, pestering about all "they" want is her money. (whose fault is it again? :))

I think to JY , DH is just memories , she no longer have feelings for him but she feels that she ought to do something for her ex-boyfriend that she loved a lot. Did DH tell his brother to be close to MJ young sister so that they can do something to IH and MJ family?

I got a feeling after all that happened , the 1 who got the inheritance will be the brother that haven't appear yet.

The DH/JY time line is still a mystery.  He could have been out of college when his mom met JY because the one associate does not appear to know her but she seemed to know the cautious guy.  The other guy mentioned his past and how afraid of DH he was during that time years ago.  If DH screwed up that time before while dating JY, and she does not know, he kept that from her then.  She only knew that he was always nice to her and never apologized.

As for DH not knowing he did anything illegal years ago, revisionist history or selective amnesia comes to mind. -_-

So grandma is a gangster too of sorts scheming with DH, lol.  She has no business given DH or JY any lessons in love based on her family dynamics.

Guest misscorice

Wow, so many opinions, and look like I am the only one who want DH and JY back together. lol

I don't think grandma is the type to do something fishy and stab DH in the back, kk. It's not something someone want to do when he/she gets old and in poor health condition. Seeing her past life in DH, grandma come to have sympathy with him, and want to help him, that's all.

Maybe the writer's intention is to focus on work life, especially the ill fate between DH and IH so the love life become secondary~

Guest vini_addicted_to_ji hoon

I love this 'smart drama' so much...

I really enjoyed the plot...they have a different story than mostly drama...

It feels like I get in to the story...

I love to see how Yoo In Hye use her 'power' to control everything arround her...she is so cool...I love when Do Hyun showing his 'smart brain'...and I really love to see my fav couple...Myeong Joon & Jeong Yeon...they look great together... ❤

Guest iluvemdan

I feel like there is too much to still happen with only 3 more episodes left! :X is it really true that there will be an extension? Not too sure how I will feel about that, but I think at this point, there is a lot left to be answered... so many an extension is needed. We will find out!

Really enjoying reading everyones' posts here, thanks so much for all your insight! :)

I really don't think that Jong Yeon will go back to Do Hyun... it just does not seem very likely right now. He probably is still harbouring feelings for her, but not coming to terms with them... and especially when he sees her with Myung Joon, it just adds to his feelings because he interprets that as if they are together. Jong Yeon definitely still cares for Do Hyun, but more in the sense that she is worried about him and wants him to be happy. I am sad because they had such a nice and long relationship, and as much as I would love for this relationship to continue, I just don't think that it is realistic right now in terms of how the drama is going.

I am loving that we are seeing more of Myung Joon! blush.gif the scene with him and In Hye, him getting upset about what she did to Jong Yeon... Noh Min Woo has really improved on his acting, I am so impressed!! I felt something inside when he said he loves Jong Yeon... I think you can really see that. Just her presence is so important to him... and as much as I would love for them to be together, I really like that they are spending more time together and I don't think Myung Joon is going to let go of that easily. I really hope though that his health gets better... T.T

Really excited to see the upcoming episodes!

Ammu

I feel like there is too much to still happen with only 3 more episodes left! :X is it really true that there will be an extension? Not too sure how I will feel about that, but I think at this point, there is a lot left to be answered... so many an extension is needed. We will find out!

Ammu

Ammu, at this point with three epis left, I would be willing to see an open ending at episode 16 with EVERYONE coming back to finish off what was started by our prison gang with a Midas 2.  I would not mind some new characters too with the next segment....  There is entirely too much to do to bring this family down realistically.... I know kdramas do not do this type of thing, but they need to start doing so.....

Guest Asianatic

I am baffled that grandma is in on the sting against the Yoo family.  I think the woman may be a little senile; and I am surprised not to see her children.  They should be concerned about the amount of traffic by strangers in and out of her home....

JY accepted MJ's gift and dinner out.  If she did not want to be bothered I think she would have not accepted his gift or had dinner with him.  She’s rather to the point---blunt.  Even though her words to him when he dropped her off were not exactly encouraging, I don't think MJ will give up that easy. 

The grandma character is really the script writer being lazy......It  makes no sense why she would want to help DH ....I know we are supposed to think that she sees herself in DH or is she doing this for JY?  It makes no sense .....unless she had some past history with the Yoo family.  I think Grandma is lonely and bored. 

I have a feeling DH will end up losing JY. After her meeting with DH at Busybody  grandma's house  she was standing under some ugly bridge and I had a feeling she was contemplating moving on. Not get struck with the monster DH has decided to become. 

Yes,  JY makes it pretty clear to MJ that she only wants to be friends. She just never responds to any of his subtle overtures but she doesn't reject him completely so there is hope.  I am so glad MJ has decided she's the one and as he has declared himself prideless  when it came to her.... I hope we'll have many more scenes of MJ's romantic pursuit of JY. 

I am so glad the elder brother got stung....What a knucklehead. 

He should have listened to his father and just did well with what he had instead of allowing someone to pump up his ego. 

He was pumped up and deflated by the same individual...lol.

Archived