[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest misscorice

Kid_moon, thanks for the pics.

SO SAD for both DH and JY. I feel bad for MJ but that doesn't mean JY should love him. She never had feeling for MJ before, so how can she love him now when DH becomes like this...

100 points for Jang Hyuk and the actress who plays IH for their acting skills~

Other than the other issues, another problem I have with JY and DH is that I don't 'feel' their love. When they were together, it was okay because people become very comfortable with each other but when they were apart and had all those tense moments, I didn't feel any sexual chemistry. I already said some time ago that I think they'll end up back together because that's generally what happens in this genre anyway (and they haven't given them alternate romances) but it's a shame about their lack of chemistry when they are together. Even when Jang Hyuk squints to show he's in pain, I don't sense any longing in him. And with JY, instead of feeling that she's torn because of her feelings despite being fed up with him, I feel that she's mad at her sibling.

Guest soompigalz

Other than the other issues, another problem I have with JY and DH is that I don't 'feel' their love. When they were together, it was okay because people become very comfortable with each other but when they were apart and had all those tense moments, I didn't feel any sexual chemistry. I already said some time ago that I think they'll end up back together because that's generally what happens in this genre anyway (and they haven't given them alternate romances) but it's a shame about their lack of chemistry when they are together. Even when Jang Hyuk squints to show he's in pain, I don't sense any longing in him. And with JY, instead of feeling that she's torn because of her feelings despite being fed up with him, I feel that she's mad at her sibling.

What sibling? I didnt recall JY has any sibling..

Also i agreed about the chemistry thing, to me the problem lean more toward the male side, he has minimum range of feeling and expression (thats why i couldnt care more for him)and the fact that he is not an affectionate character to begin with doesnt help in build up the chemistry.

What sibling? I didnt recall JY has any sibling..

Also i agreed about the chemistry thing, to me the problem lean more toward the male side, he has minimum range of feeling and expression (thats why i couldnt care more for him)and the fact that he is not an affectionate character to begin with doesnt help in build up the chemistry.

No, I just mean that even though they have a romantic history, it feels more like a sibling relationship from her end.

I re-watched epi 10 with subs and JY told the grandmother that HD was an excellent bet or sure thing re money matters.  Later she explained to DH that what she meant was he was horrible when it comes to matters of the heart.  I think this went over both DH and the grandma's heads because the woman is trying to get them back together. :tears:

So if JY is trying to force her love on DH to get him to respond (not that I think she has, but I do not know how else to describe their relationship), then it does look ackward because he is not hot and bothered but cool.  Interesting couple who I do not see together in the end.

Guest Asianatic

Yes, a JY-initiated kiss and a dance scene between them.....:D The OST "She Will Dance" has to go to these two.....

A dance sounds even better than a kiss. I just watched the raws so have no idea what's going on but JY did let MJ drive her home so that's a hopeful sign. They seem to have become good friends. Now we need one of MJ's many ex gfs to show up and maybe that will make JY sit up. 

IH is looking older with the new hair style. I think she should go back to her old one. I just love all the outfits she wears. The actor who's playing her is great. She really is the leading man of the drama. 

I re-watched epi 10 with subs and JY told the grandmother that HD was an excellent bet or sure thing re money matters.  Later she explained to DH that what she meant was he was horrible when it comes to matters of the heart.  I think this went over both DH and the grandma's heads because the woman is trying to get them back together. :tears:

It's interesting, I actually have a different opinion. I think that Grandma is exactly aware of what the problem is, because she used to be DH. She knows DH is playing a dangerous game, and that he has no idea how far deep he is now. She is also very aware at how different JY is, and seeing how good JY is to her (who was a former DH), and how there are still some lingering feelings between the two, I think that's why she's trying to get them back together.

Sorry if my explanation sounded a bit complicated. :sweatingbullets:

I also have a different opinion regarding DH's acting. I agree with the lack of sexual chemistry between the two, but I do think it suits the story in that JY is disgusted by what he has become, including how he treated her father, so yeah, she doesn't want him anywhere near her and it shows when they are together. She is soooooo cold to him, even when she looks at him.

DH, wow! Every time he looks at her, I can see the pain and yearning in his eyes, and the love. I can see that he suffers but is being stubborn in going after more and always more money and power status. I really think the actors are doing a great job. I think that we don't see any sexual chemistry, because at this point of the story, the writer(s) wrote it out of the script. I do hope that it will change, though. That if they do come together, we feel that they're really, emotionally connected and passionate about each other.

Oh my goodness. The comic relief and the cuteness? For some reasons, I really enjoy DH's little brother with Mira. I find them so cute together, and like how whether she realizes or not, she has grown fond of him. Notice that she hasn't tried to kill herself ever since they've been seeing each other. I know it's cheesy, but I hope they get a happy ending.

As for who is behind the accidents, it seems obvious

that it's IH's ex-boyfriend or whatever his status is. You know, the new guy? IH secretary is more faithful to HIM, than to her. I think that from the beginning he saw DH as a threat and wanted to eliminate him. Maybe he feared the moment where IH would want to keep doing business with DH and slip away from his grip. Maybe he foresaw she could become independent with DH in the picture. In any case, he's been keeping tabs on DH from the beginning through both IH and the secretary. Then at the first occasion, he forced IH to get rid of DH, giving her the speech "that's how the others (whoever they're going against, maybe MOFIA) got where they are now. Punish harshly when a mistake is made."

Just my two cents. :)

Oh man! I really, really don't like lawyer Choi. Didn't realize he was SO evil! He's basically only looking after his own interests, and will use IH, her brother etc... as pawns if needed, then have them go against each other if needed. :ph34r:

chicken little aka lilyphenix, you know you make me smile everytime I see you. ^_^  I like your take on the grandma.  I have yet to watch with subs her continued involvement in their relationship to get the "why" she's so interested.  I did read where she said she knew DH too or shared something in common with him to JY today in epi 10.  I just missed that connection in her conversation.  Doesn't she have grown children to harass?  j/k  I think she's in epi 11 so hopefully this one will be subbed soon.

You could be right about the lack of sexual tension in this drama being intentional.  The focus is elsewhere....

DC and MR are my couple in this drama.  I like these two together because I think he brings out the "happy" in her.  She was so pitiful before.

Asianatic, we have a drive home by MJ.  I'm looking forward to seeing today's episode.  We must have a function to go to so that JY can dress up!!!

Archived