• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hong Jong Hyun was mentioned in Running Man (Ep. 453)

Kim Jong Kook said, “Song Ji Hyo will often send people around her coffee trucks to their projects to show her support. However, Kwang Soo has done so many projects but Song Ji Hyo has never sent him one.”

Lee Kwang Soo added more fuel to the fire as he said, “She gifted Hong Jong Hyun and 2PM’s Junho with coffee trucks.” Song Ji Hyo replied by saying, “It’s because I have a back story with them.”

Lee-Kwang-Soo-Song-Ji-Hyo-1.jpg

Credits: https://www.soompi.com/article/1327505wpp/lee-kwang-soo-and-song-ji-hyo-bring-the-laughs-as-they-bicker-over-coffee-trucks-on-running-man

Hong Jong Hyun Talks About Wanting To Find Love And Get Married

On the latest episode of “Let’s Eat Dinner Together,” Hong Jong Hyun revealed that he was envious of his married co-star Kim So Yeon!

The two actors, who are currently starring in the hit KBS drama “Mother of Mine” together, appeared as guests on the May 29 broadcast of the JTBC variety show. During the episode, hosts Lee Kyung Kyu and Kang Ho Dong asked Kim So Yeon about her husband Lee Sang Woo, whom she began dating while they were filming the drama “Happy Home” together.

When asked how long they had dated before getting married, Kim So Yeon replied, “About a year.” Kang Ho Dong went on to ask, “Didn’t you meet while filming a drama? You started dating while you were still filming the drama, right?” Kim So Yeon confirmed, “Yes, it was just when the drama was about to end.”

Kang Ho Dong asked, “And the staff had no idea?” Kim So Yeon replied with a laugh, “Yes, but they told us later that they all thought we’d end up dating. Even though we hadn’t known.”

Kim-So-Yeon-Hong-Jong-Hyun-Lee-Kyung-Kyu

Lee Kyung Kyu asked whether it was common for co-stars to begin dating on set, and Kim So Yeon shyly responded, “I also thought that kind of thing wouldn’t happen, but it did.”

Suddenly, Hong Jong Hyun interjected hopefully, “Me too, one day…”

Kang Ho Dong then asked him, “Do you want to meet someone while filming a drama?” Hong Jong Hyun replied, “Of course. But to be really honest, it doesn’t need to be a drama. I just want to meet someone, wherever that might be.”

Lee Kyung Kyu asked him if he was thinking of getting married, and Hong Jong Hyun responded, “Of course.” The actor, who turned 30 years old by Korean reckoning this year, went on to reveal, “I want to get married in my thirties.”

Lets-Eat-Dinner-Together.jpg

Credits: https://www.soompi.com/article/1328486wpp/hong-jong-hyun-talks-about-wanting-to-find-love-and-get-married

• 2 weeks later...

Hong Jong Hyun received a coffee truck support from Kim Nam Gil.

P.s. I had no idea they were close, but I loved it. I think they became close because they are under the same management company now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to Hong Jong Hyun 홍종현
  • 2 months later...

Hong Jong Hyun Talks About His Dating Style + Ideal Type, Wanting To Get Married, And Upcoming Military Enlistment

Oct 14, 2019
by E. Cha

In a recent interview, Hong Jong Hyun talked about romance, dating, and how his hit drama “Mother of Mine” changed his views on marriage.

The actor recently starred in the popular KBS weekend drama “Mother of Mine” as romantic lead Han Tae Joo, who fell in love with and boldly pursued his boss Kang Mi Ri (played by Kim So Yeon).

When asked if his own approach to romance was similar to that of his character in the drama, Hong Jong Hyun replied, “I think we’re similar. If I find someone I like, I may not be as smooth or as polished as Han Tae Joo, but I’m the type to express my feelings. I think we’re similar in that way.”

He added that he resembled the character of Han Tae Joo in other ways as well, remarking, “I like experiencing things firsthand, and I love to travel. I also try hard to take care of the people around me. Han Tae Joo is a character that’s healthy both mentally and physically. I’m trying to live like that as well.”

Hong-Jong-Hyun-2.jpg

Hong Jong Hyun went on to share that starring in “Mother of Mine” had changed his outlook on marriage. “Because I’ve grown so accustomed to living alone, it’s hard for me to imagine married life,” he explained. “But while filming this drama, I started thinking that I wanted to get married.”

“Before, my attitude towards marriage was ‘If it happens, it happens; if not, no big deal,'” said the actor. “But now, I want to get married. I think the drama had a lot of influence on me. My older sister also had a baby, so I’m now an uncle, and some of my friends have gotten married. I felt that marriage is definitely a positive influence on people.”

When asked about his ideal type, Hong Jong Hyun responded, “I’d like to meet someone who likes animals or plants. I noticed that people who love and respect animals or plants are kind. I’d like to meet that kind of person.”

He went on to add, “I’m quiet and don’t talk much, so I’d like to meet someone who’s more cheerful and outgoing than I am. I like the kind of person who makes you feel happy when you spend time together.”

Hong-Jong-Hyun-3.jpg

Hong Jong Hyun also commented on his upcoming military enlistment. Although the date of his enlistment has not yet been decided, he shared, “I’ll be going soon. I don’t feel particularly affected by it. I think enlisting is a natural and obvious duty. Everyone goes, don’t they? I don’t feel upset by it or anything.”

Finally, he concluded the interview by taking a fond look back at his acting career thus far. “I always did my best and worked my hardest,” said Hong Jong Hyun. “I’m grateful to myself for working hard for 10 years. I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of exciting things happen in my future as an actor. I enjoy acting, and I want to continue acting for a longer period of time than my career up until now.”

While discussing the types of projects he wanted to take on next, Hong Jong Hyun remarked, “i’d like to try acting in a beautiful love story, and I also want to try being a part of a bright, cheerful project.” He added with a laugh, “There are still so many things I want to do.”

Hong-Jong-Hyun-4.jpg

Source:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358809wpp/hong-jong-hyun-talks-about-his-dating-style-ideal-type-wanting-to-get-married-and-upcoming-enlistment

• 3 weeks later...

Hong Jong Hyun Confirms Military Enlistment Date

Hong Jong Hyun Confirms Military Enlistment Date

Hong Jong Hyun will be enlisting in the military.

On November 5, the actor’s agency C-JeS Entertainment confirmed to new outlet Sports DongA, “Hong Jong Hyun will be enlisting on December 2. If we decide to reveal the location of his entrance into the training camp, we will announce it later.”

Hong Jong Hyun debuted as a model in 2007 and began his acting activities with the 2008 film “A Frozen Flower.” He most recently starred in SBS’s “Absolute Boyfriend” and KBS’s “Mother of Mine.”

We wish Hong Jong Hyun all the best during his upcoming service!

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1363809wpp/hong-jong-hyun-confirms-military-enlistment-date

Archived