[Drama 2011] The Duo 짝패

Guest yeohweping

Yeah, I'm pissed just reading the review/spoilers about the adorable baby switching that took place.  Wow, the frustration starts out immediately with this drama so I must continue to mull this one over....

I'm getting worked up already and I have not even watched any epis.blush.gif

You and me both!  Also, this is a 32 episode drama.  I'm not sure I can last through so many episodes of angst and misery.:tears:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yeohweping

Rating for 2nd ep.(TNS)

Nationwide : 10.6 (11th)/ Seoul: 12.5 (7th)

After-thoughts of ep.2

We are now fast-forwarding to 15 years later after the babies are switched and are introduced to the leads in their teens. Mak Soon is still the evil character who refused to 'give' Chun Dung back his real family although Soe Dol tells her in guilt how hard life have been for the should-be noble house child.

2011021001000536000039831.jpg

And out of the four teen leads, the boy playing Chun Dung (No Young Hyuk) "lights up" the screen whenever he is on. So until ep.08 where the adult leads came in, he maybe the one of reasons that makes viewers come abroad "The duo's ship" but also giving Chun Jung Myung who will be playing the adult 'Chun Dung' a difficult challenge to come up to par in acting for the future eps. in "The Duo"

1_mate_cast.jpg

K-drama rules : Genes

2011021001000537600039972.jpg

No matter how the children are switched, the family genes in them still determined their characters, ability/love to study, doing things that the common poor folks likes, manners.

Parents will always have feelings for their own kids even though they don't know that they are really their's.

Urgh!!.. I'm a Historical Drama LOVERS!

but this drama is too long. .should i download it?.. >_<".. oh my oh my .. Hmm.. I think i Should >_<".. argghh!! XD

Is there any subbing group who will take this project other than withs2?

I read in withs2 site that it's a special project... so it won't be available to everyone.. :(

Quote from withs2 site:

The Duo [짝패] (Feb 7, MBC Historical project – after “Queen of Reversal”; Chun Jung Myung, Han Ji Hye, Lee Sang Yoon)| Soompi [special project for WITH S2 Charity Donors ONLY]

Thanks a lot for the SCs and the epi summary. Impressed at teen Chun Dung. I've seen CJM in Cinderella Sisters, I'm looking forward to how he will portray adult Chun Dung.

32 episodes but I'm glad this is shorter than Jihye's last 2 dramas. Her daily drama Likeable or Not-172 episodes and East of Eden 56-episodes.

Guest yeohweping

15 years forward so fast?

The power of eating ginseng? :rolleyes:

==========

134617_122294_1354.jpg

201102091320231.gif

http://news.nate.com/view/20110209n12219

How much does Han Ji Hye and Jin Se Yeon look alike?

201102091638431001_1.jpg

Guest Trina987

Urgh!!.. I'm a Historical Drama LOVERS!

but this drama is too long. .should i download it?.. >_<".. oh my oh my .. Hmm.. I think i Should >_<".. argghh!! XD

I am a Historical dramas lovers too... So far, the first two episodes are good.. But, we have to wait how it will play out till episode 8 when the adults one will come to the screen... I love the new young actors and actresses as they are fresh and young looking and new into acting.. The storyline is interesting too.. I am looking forward to episode 3 and episode 4... However, what kind of songs at the end of the episode.. I am not sure who is the singer nor the song... does anyone know about it?????

Is there any subbing group who will take this project other than withs2?

I read in withs2 site that it's a special project... so it won't be available to everyone.. :(

Quote from withs2 site:

The Duo [짝패] (Feb 7, MBC Historical project – after “Queen of Reversal”; Chun Jung Myung, Han Ji Hye, Lee Sang Yoon)| Soompi [special project for WITH S2 Charity Donors ONLY]

darksmurfsub are working on this drama

go here

Guest GRAPEJUICE

Wow, I'm very impressed with this drama! I haven't been very happy with the sageuks these last few years even counting Jumong, Queen Seondeok, Dongyi, etc (BLEH)! This one reminds me a little of the sageuks I did like - Iljimae for the storyline (but let's just hope Hanjihye has a stronger presence than Hanhyojoo did) and maybe Damo for the general atmosphere. Anyhow, I like I like.

Jjakpae looks so promising. And I also like how it is only going to be around 30ish episodes which means it won't be too draggy, something that happens quite often to sageuks along the way. Everything about Jjakpae seems authentic and realistic, great acting by the veteran actors so far, unique breathtaking music... There is something old-fashioned about this drama but suspenseful at the same time despite the cliche switching babies routine. I loved how character-focused the first two episodes were. Although Maksoon is selfish and despicable in her actions, I can still understand why she does some of the things she does - she is driven by desperation, a means for survival, and in a way because she loves her child. If you look at it another way, she was taken away from her child against her will so she is reacting to the evil done to her. And it was realistic for her to have wanted to kill the slave hunter, I think most people would have. I mean, real people are selfish! I can't wait until we see how she will interact with Cheondong, the boy whose destiny she changed - I expect she would have conflicted feelings. She is a very real, strong character.

I even enjoy Ggokji the boss of the beggars' gang, quite a turn of character for Leemoonshik. He gave me goosebumps in some scenes because he seems so nonchalantly evil, but he also provides comic relief and there is something charming about how he treats his two wives. =)

I think I'm going to stick with this one. I already can't wait for the grownup Cheondong! Again watching sageuks, I feel so bad for all non-Yangban class of the Joseon era, now we even get an insight into beggars' lives! I'm interested in how they will be portrayed. Seesh, that is not a great way to live. Poor Cheondong, the life he could have had. But instead of the noble lifestyle he could have had, he will instead be a legend!! =) I hope the ratings go up.

Wow, I'm very impressed with this drama! I haven't been very happy with the sageuks these last few years even counting Jumong, Queen Seondeok, Dongyi, etc (BLEH)! This one reminds me a little of the sageuks I did like - Iljimae for the storyline (but let's just hope Hanjihye has a stronger presence than Hanhyojoo did) and maybe Damo for the general atmosphere. Anyhow, I like I like.

I think I'm going to stick with this one. I already can't wait for the grownup Cheondong! Again watching sageuks, I feel so bad for all non-Yangban class of the Joseon era, now we even get an insight into beggars' lives! I'm interested in how they will be portrayed. Seesh, that is not a great way to live. Poor Cheondong, the life he could have had. But instead of the noble lifestyle he could have had, he will instead be a legend!! =) I hope the ratings go up.

i think it has a very solid opening . the storytellig is gripping and i like how it get to the cente of things and not try to cover up the ugliness.mak soon is one with means to survive and via shortcut if possible .she didnt hestiate nor cover up her deeds . i was abit surprised when she didnt even deny sleeping with the master ..i mean from ex master .this woman going to cause alot of misery to those two boys ..but exciting to see that she is a woman of such complex personality . the young actors .i especially think young Cheondong is having quite a strong screen presence .~

i hope the writing continue to be this good ..i still had to see how CJM can take over the role ...it does seem like a challege for him .in a saguek roke ..

making of

My link

Guest GRAPEJUICE

i think it has a very solid opening . the storytellig is gripping and i like how it get to the cente of things and not try to cover up the ugliness.mak soon is one with means to survive and via shortcut if possible .she didnt hestiate nor cover up her deeds . i was abit surprised when she didnt even deny sleeping with the master ..i mean from ex master .this woman going to cause alot of misery to those two boys ..but exciting to see that she is a woman of such complex personality . the young actors .i especially think young Cheondong is having quite a strong screen presence .~

i hope the writing continue to be this good ..i still had to see how CJM can take over the role ...it does seem like a challege for him .in a saguek roke ..

making of

My link

I'm glad you agree!! Are you planning to continue this drama? I recognize your user name. =)

I am also worried about CJM. He wasn't too impressive in Cinderella's Sister (which I stopped watching halfway), but I think the character didn't do much for his abilities. He was quite good in Fashion 70s though! I think Cheondong in Jjakpaek is supposed to have a gentle, soft side so I think he will be good for that side of it. I don't know about the manly side though.

I like Leesangyoon as well. He is well-known in Korea for being a Seoul University graduate. So hot! He is still new to the acting business so his acting abilities... not so much. But pretty natural.

Archived