godq.jpg

Title: 신의 퀴즈 / Shin-ui Quiz

Genre: Medical, crime, mystery

Episodes: 10

Broadcast network: OCN

Broadcast period: 2010-Oct-08 to TBA

Air time: Friday 22:00

Synopsis

Han Jin Woo, Korea's top medical examiner, leads a team of experts in conducting a medical crime investigation after strange events and mysterious deaths occur in a hospital. He first clashes with but is later aided by Kang Kyung Hee, an attractive female detective who possesses excellent skill in martial arts and a strong sense of justice.

Cast

Ryu Duk Hwan as Han Jin Woo

Yoon Joo Hee as Kang Kyung Hee

Choi Jung Woo as Jang Kyu Tae

Park Joon Myun as Jo Young Shil

Na Yoon as Kim Sung Do

Park Da An as Go Yoon Jung

Kim Gun Woo (김건우) as Nam Joo Nam

Chu Seung Wook (추승욱) as Park Seung Wook

Kim Tae Woo as Jae Suk (ep1)

Lee Ji Eun as Sung Mi (ep3)

Park No Shik (박노식) as two-faced man (ep3)

Im Hwa Young (임화영) as Yeo Rang (ep4)

Jung Eun Pyo as ob/gyn doctor (ep6)

Lee Dal Hyung (ep7)

Seo Ji Seung as Shi Eun (ep8)

Kim Byung Ok (김병옥)

Production Credits

Director: Lee Joon Hyung (이준형)

Screenwriter: Park Jae Bum (박재범)

--Credits to dramawiki

Articles

"Yoon Joo Hee Is Detective in God's Quiz" --> http://koreanvibe.com/yoon-joo-hee-is-detective-in-gods-quiz

"OCN God's Quiz Held Press Conference" --> http://koreanvibe.com/ocn-gods-quiz-held-press-conference

"'God's Quiz''s Ryu Duk Hwan -- 'I really want to act in a melodrama.'" --> http://news.naver.com/main/hotissue/read.nhn?mid=hot&sid1=106&cid=307159&iid=7306304&oid=213&aid=0000055043&ptype=011

(English translation) http://www.hancinema.net/ryoo-deok-hwan-from-god-s-quiz-said-i-really-want-to-do-some-mellow-drama-25328.html

For those who aren't familiar with Ryu Deok Hwan, he last acted in "U-Turn" in 2008 with So Ji Sub and Lee Yeon Hee, another OCN drama. He's also acted in "People of the Water Village (with Song Il Kook and Lee Bo Young) and Sharp #1. He's more known for his movies "Our Town, "Like a Virgin," and "My Little Bride," and confirmed for upcoming movie "Head" with Park Yeh Jin and Danny Ahn.

I've seen Ryu Deok Hwan before, but he's never really interested me until I stumbled across this drama (probably because I don't see OCN dramas that often). His character in "God's Quiz" is the young, quirky, yet mysterious Han Jin Woo, medical examiner.

"God's Quiz" is a drama that is less focused on the romantic ties (as Korean drama is wont to having love squares), but more on the murder cases at hand. Medical jargon is tossed back and forth, but Han Jin Woo's often odd but understandable analogies often relieve the heavy burden of little-known medical terms. And, oh yes, the scent of mystery surrounding our medical examiner is always lurking in the background, always ready to pull the viewer into an underlying plot that culminates to a climax near the end.

Title: 신의 퀴즈 시즌2 / Shin-ui Quiz 2

Episodes: 12

Cast

Ryu Duk Hwan as Han Jin Woo

Yoon Joo Hee as Kang Kyung Hee

Choi Jung Woo as Jang Kyu Tae

Park Joon Myun as Jo Young Shil

Na Yoon as Kim Sung Do

Kim Se Hyun (김세현) as Cha Woo Bin

Lee Seol Hee (이설희) as Min Ji Yool

Synopsis

Han Jin Woo and his team of medical experts continue to solve mysterious deaths and cases larger in scale and more intractable than before, including the truth of a rare disease that had been hidden behind seemingly simple crimes.

--Credits to dramawiki

God's Quiz Season 2 OST (Yes, there's an OST!)

Untouchable --> "Question" youtube

Redd --> "홀린/Spilling" youtube

Ryu Deok Hwan --> "It's Only You"* (My translation) youtube

*This song came out in the ending credits of the final episode of God's Quiz Season 2. I personally find this song very relaxing--even putting it under my favorites on my iPod. Translation coming soon!

hi there..

I tried to watch this at dramastyle but it isn't subtitled. do you know where I can sub for this drama?

Thanks!

It isn't subbed...yet. U.U Since there are no big names in this drama, the likelihood of it getting subbed is pretty slim.

But pleased to meet you! ^-^ Glad that there's another fan of this drama.

• 6 months later...
Guest sparklinghugs

season 2 of this drama is up!!! :) is anybody else watching it? the first mystery was really great. i feel like this is becoming a little like the american show 'bones' they brought in a psychiatrist too

season 2 of this drama is up!!! :) is anybody else watching it? the first mystery was really great. i feel like this is becoming a little like the american show 'bones' they brought in a psychiatrist too

I'm actually watching the second season! ^-^ So far it's very interesting. How about you?

Bones...I watch the show off and on, and it is a bit like it. ^-^ Great observation!

Off to watch Episode 5...even though I understand Korean, I feel like with all the medical jargon I want subtitles... U.U

Guest sparklinghugs

debbiek153 !!! so glad someone else is watching this drama hehe. the latest episode about the psychopath was kinda scary~ yeah i understand korean too but the medical talk is very...foreign haha. i sometimes google the medical words that they put up to explain in korean haha. i'm so curious where the whole top secret stuff is going. and is the chairman of the hospital in charge of them???? so confused and curious!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sparklinghugs

AAAHHH it's finally getting to the main storyplot of the drama!!! it seems like they made medicine where jin woo has murderous feelings whereas the other kid ended up getting' human' feelings. can't wait till next week, it seems like jinwoo is either framed or actually does kill someone....

• 6 months later...

I'm with you on that. I'm very interested in this series, but i need subtitles. I won't understand a thing.

Unfortunately, no subbing groups are interested in subtitling the two seasons (that I know of)--probably because the show doesn't showcase really big actors.

However, I am willing to (attempt to) translate some scenes. However, I am by no means a subber. ^-^ My Korean's not 100% perfect.

But, more uplifting news: Season 3 of God's Quiz has just been confirmed! OCN is confirmed to air the sceries around May this year. I might create a new topic for this, or just piggyback the current God's Quiz thread for the third season.

EDIT: meenia1_1 and Cn.bluefan, I stand corrected. The lovely DarkSmurfSub has subbed the first few episodes for God's Quiz Season 2. They're translated from Chinese subs, but I'm sure that they're accurate!

To those of you who don't know Viki has subbed season 1 and 2. Their subs are pretty good.

Season 1:

http://www.viki.com/.../1774-gods-quiz

Season 2:

http://www.viki.com/...57-god-s-quiz-2

I'm happy that they are doing a season 3. I really liked this drama. The theme about rare diseases is very interesting.

Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, my computer hates Viikii, but I hope others can enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Guest abieabie

im in love wih this drama...i try to find the season 2 with the sub but i just find 2 episode and i cant find the rest..someone please help me where i can download the sub for season 2?

help me pleaseeeeeeee

Guest sparklinghugs

sorry not sure about subs but OMG SEASON 3!?!?!?! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is seriously something to look forward to, can't wait for some exciting new 'enemy' hehe and some more romance between the detective and doctor kekeke :)

Archived