why do people prefer small face?

Guest banh_xe

Guest banh_xe
does it make your eye appear bigger?
... so i noticed that when i take picture pertaining my face .. my eyes appear bigger .. when i stand in public and look in the mirror and i notice my eyes are sooo small!!and that i have a small face compare to other girls :( so anyways .. why do people prefer a small face?

Guest Greenmeito

... so i noticed that when i take picture pertaining my face .. my eyes appear bigger .. when i stand in public and look in the mirror and i notice my eyes are sooo small!!and that i have a small face compare to other girls :( so anyways .. why do people prefer a small face?

I think faces look more delicate and structured, less clumsy. Since there's less area it draws more attention to your best features.

Guest angels.disguise

it's another asian obsession? kind of like the double eyelids and the tall nose.

big face or small, it's how the rest of your features fit onto that face that makes it attractive or not.

Guest wingfaith

Not sure about westerners' perspective, but i think  Asians have a pretty stereotypical standard on beauty.. For example, pale skin, tall nose, double eye lids etc. I guess small face is one of those features that we think is beautiful. also, if you look at asian media, most asian girls have pretty small faces :P

i prefer a smaller face. Asians do too otherwise they wouldn't have jaw reduction surgery :mellow:

and i would consider into to getting that surgery :sweatingbullets:

Guest AAgurl789

remember reading that zhang ziyi was casted in cthd (?) because her face is small..small faces look better on camera, more doll-like, more angular and less "sloppy" (ehh not a good word), cuter and looks better at most angles.

However many asians have a warped sense of beauty IMO. no small face= not pretty...which is wrong...you don't need a small face to be beautiful. some of the most beautifully acclaimed woman in the world (angelina jolie, Aishwarya rai, michele reis, keira knightley, etc.) don't have extremely small faces and they're beyond beautiful...their wider/more structured face is what makes them stand out and beautiful. these woman would lose their sex appeal if their faces were hand sized!!!

Guest Bby-GIE

who wants to become one of those bobble headed dogs.

their heads are massive.

but yeah with a big face = bigger looking head.

i don't think that really makes sense. but someone with a really big face may emphasise specific features

on a persons face.

Guest banh_xe

i prefer a smaller face. Asians do too otherwise they wouldn't have jaw reduction surgery :mellow:

and i would consider into to getting that surgery :sweatingbullets:

this celeb girl in china got that and she died on the operation table.. recently.. risky...

remember reading that zhang ziyi was casted in cthd (?) because her face is small..small faces look better on camera, more doll-like, more angular and less "sloppy" (ehh not a good word), cuter and looks better at most angles.

However many asians have a warped sense of beauty IMO. no small face= not pretty...which is wrong...you don't need a small face to be beautiful. some of the most beautifully acclaimed woman in the world (angelina jolie, Aishwarya rai, michele reis, keira knightley, etc.) don't have extremely small faces and they're beyond beautiful...their wider/more structured face is what makes them stand out and beautiful. these woman would lose their sex appeal if their faces were hand sized!!!

Ah you also remind me of something I read about Kim Tae Hee having a super small face (I think there was a picture comparing her face to a bottle of water/juice or something XD) and being beautiful for that. Which I don't deny, but it kinda makes me sad XD The 'standards' theses days are so high <_<

I think a small face makes your features look 'softer' if it's imaginable. Normally, people would say men have strong jawline so on the opposite, women would want to have a more arrow jawline (thus small face)... if that makes sense XD

And like many said, it's an asian trend ;) I hope it does go away soon though, because the idea of getting surgeries to thin out one's jawline gives me nightmares.

i think it's just a ridiculous asian beauty standard thing. i never thought that having a small face is prettier/cuter than having a relatively "big" face. and besides as long as your face size/head is in proportion w/ the rest of your body, i don't think it matter if the face is relatively big or small.

Yeah, I've heard this for a while now, and seen some pics of celebs with random objects next to their gface to show how small they are: CDs, water bottles, etc.) To me it's interesting. Also, pretty different from the 'western' beauty standard for film: you find that a lot of Hollywood stars have pretty big heads. Supposedly, a bigger 'face' translates to bigger features on screen. *shrug*

So long as the face-- whatever size it is-- has beautiful features, people'll like it. :]]

this celeb girl in china got that and she died on the operation table.. recently.. risky...

I've read about that and that scares me a bit.

But i think it may depend on how experienced the surgeon is :unsure:

Guest kitkat046

Having a small face is on the checklist - you know, the one that includes a high nose bridge, double eyelids, v-line chin, etc.

In Korea, a small face is considered cuter than a big one.

But really, you just need to focus on proportion.

Kan MiYoun is made fun of because her face is so big in proportion to her body, but her face is actually really small. It's just that she's so skinny.

Guest witchery

Never really thought about this in terms of the "Asians like cute + petite" trend thing, personally it's always just come down to facial proportions. A lot of Asians do tend to have smaller, flatter facial features and to keep the same features/face size ratio as other ethnicities we would have to have smaller faces. That's just my personal observation though, I have no substantial evidence to back that theory up.

Personally I don't face size is really a big deal. If you have attractive features, you're attractive. Your face is just kind of like the canvas they've been put on, face size shouldn't matter so much.

Archived