Aldo SHOES

Guest MISSxSHAMPOO

Guest MISSxSHAMPOO

worse experience
So recently on November 21st I ordered a shoe on ALDO. but it took literally a week to come because it was Thanksgiving holidays.

Thinking I would receive my shoes at Thanksgiving I sent my shoes home since I am at college now, dorming.

But the shipping took super long, which i understand cause it was the holidays and ended up going back to school without getting my boots.

It ended up coming a day after I left to school and so I had it just in my room unopened.

Finally after 2 weeks, I came back home today since my finals were over and winter break just started.

When I came back I saw the package at my desk and rushed to open it but when I opened it there was only ONE shoe without the other pair.

and the one pair's shoe condition is HORRIBLE. its like washed out and it smells really bad.

okay, so what do i do? I am really pissed since i spent 80 bucks for the shoes and its pissing the hell out of me.

I am afraid they might accuse me of losing the shoe and messing it up and wanting a new pair since I didn't return it immediately when I got the boots.

But I obviously couldn't since i was at school without knowing the shoe would end up being the worse experience at ALDO…

what do you guys think I should do and did this ever happen to you guys?

The best thing I can tell you is to be pushy and try to return it. Call Aldo's customer service first and complain, voice in your dissatisfaction. If that doesn't work, try returning it to a store and see if that works.

Something similar happened to me. I ordered 2 different pairs of shoes, one for myself and one as a gift. So they both shipped separately. The first pair arrived in perfect condition, box, tissues, and printed "shipping confirmation". About 2 weeks after I had originally placed my order, the 2nd pair arrived. The box was in HORRIBLE condition, looked like someone stepped on it. The shoe itself was also in poor condition, saw threads coming out, slight questionable wear, and get this..the WRONG size. There was NO packingslip/invoice included either. The next day, I went to my local Aldo to get a refund. The guy helping me was very hesitant to refund my CC. He told me I had no packing slip and the shoe looked worn. I had to be very persistent and inform him it came that way. Luckily for me, I had the packing slip/ invoice from online (and first shipment) so he took it to his manager, who gave him the okay. Sometimes you just have to just push at it.

Sometimes, I question some of the employees at Aldo. They seem to pack/ship merchandise very half-a$$ed.

Guest pink-elephant

The same thing happened to my friend about the one shoe thing, I think it's common that they do that mistake. You should return it or go to the store to exchange it, tell them about your condition and everything. In my opinion, Aldo shoes are not worth it. I bought an Aldo pair of flats and they came just fine in the mail, but they feel super uncomfortable when I wear it. It feels like I'm not wearing any shoes at all, and I can not walk a long time in those shoes, even though they were FLATS.

Call customer service because I'm sure this happens a lot from ALDO. When ALDO gets online orders, they don't shipped it from a warehouse (from my experiences). They ship from a store, usually the closest store near you that has the product. That's why most of the time when you order 2 or more things, they come in separate packages. The one you got was probably used on display and the sales associates just packaged it anyway. They really should ship from a warehouse T__T

Guest MISSxSHAMPOO

^

Thanks for the replies, guys(:

I am going to return it this Wednesday since thats the only time I have.

My sister and I were like planning things out by going there looking b*tchy as heck(:

Imma go rampage if they tell me they can't. I mean I freakin spent 80 bucks-_-

Guest kayana20

Save that anger for aldo they do stuff like that all the time. I do not care how bad I need shoes I would never buy it from them. they knowingly sell damaged shoes and have the worst customer service ever. Make a big scene if they won;t take the shoes back and call the big boss . It;s their fault.

My experience isn't as similar to yours but I was pretty dissatisfied with aldo. I ordered from aldo last month and it took a little over a week for the shoes to come in. When I opened the package, the box was in horrible condition. It looked like it was stepped on o.O. There was this huge hole in it. And also, the box was in a bag too which I thought was weird. Who sends shoes bagged? The shoes were in pretty good condition though. I couldn't find an invoice in the package either so I was kind of worried if they would let me return it. Well, I returned the shoes because it was my fault for ordering the wrong size lol. I went online and followed their instructions on how to return and printed out the receipt to include. I sent it out and I think it took about two weeks to get a refund.

Good luck!

Guest AMIbunny

ehh. one time I bought a pair of shoes from Aldo online. When I got the shoes, there was a stain on one of them..but I returned it anyways

Guest luv4dawave

Yeah I ordered from Aldos once and never will I again.

My experience was not nearly as bad as yours, but I feel like Aldos shoes has really crappy quality for their price.

I bought a pair of wedges and they ripped in 2 weeks.

And I spent $80 on them.

You would think the quality is better :/

And yes. They have the WORST customer service ever. Always grumpy and gives you half-a$$ed answers. Happens everytime I walk into the Aldos store.

So yeah, girls--before you order from Aldos, see if you can find a similar pair ELSEWHERE.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

i've ordered from aldo several times before and have never had any problems.. the shoes are always shipped very quickly and come in perfect condition

Guest MISSxSHAMPOO

^

I am not hating on ALDO since I did purchase plenty of shoes from them but YOU NEED to see the condition of the one pair of shoes they sent me.

I mean they could of made a mistake by sending one shoe but it was in horrible condition ex) faded leather, the smell, ripped, etc..

My face expression was pretty priceless. Nonetheless, lets hope you're right that they'll try to help and exchange them for me as in a refund.

Guest Babysoul

I remember the first time I ordered shoes online and it came in a box with the another shoebox that contained the shoes. The 2nd and 3rd time I ordered online there wasn't the extra box, just the shoe box and the 4th time I ordered (latest) I didn't even get a shoebox o_o My most recent purchase in store was a pair of flats and after a month of wearing them there was a hole =( I was so sad!

As to your situation, IDK how they might handle it in store. If you're lucky and they're nice, everything will go smoothly. If they're cranky about it and won't let you return it you're probably going to have to call customer service and hope all goes well. Good luck!

Guest malicious_

I work for the company. Just go to any Aldo store and tell them what happened. I'm pretty sure you can return them or get another pair. Good luck! =)

Call them! Even if it sounds ridiculous that you only have a shoe instead of a pair, you should still call them and complain badly about it. Since you do not seem like the only one dealing with this kind of situation, you should really stand up for your money. Explain to them why you couldn't return immediately. My hypothesis is that they shipped to you a pair of shoes that were not brand new, but the one in store that everyone can try on, hence the bad condition. But that's just my thought.

If the person you are talking via customer service is not nice, hang up and call back 10 minutes later or something lol. You might have someone else on the other line. If not, ask for the supervisor.

I doubt it's a good idea to go instore because they probably do not want to deal with the hassle and will tell you to call customer service instead, since you ordered directly online.

Archived