"Why do you like me?"

Guest CaptainPants

Guest CaptainPants

wat do you say to that?
I dont know why but this is the hardest question for me to answer, even if its being asked by the guy im in love with.

I was wondering if anyone else had issues with responding to this question? For me i think my problem is i dont want to give a corny answer like "youre cute" "youre smart and ambitious" etc etc, not that i think less of people when they say that. But if someone is asking me that then they're probably someone really important to me and i dont wanna short change them with some cliche answer, but because of that I end up not really being able to say anything and i start to think why DO i like them?

This started bothering me because recently my close friend/crush has asked me multiple times why i liked him and usually i say "i dont know i cant describe it" which i know probably bothers him and makes him question if i really do like him. I mean i could answer him because there ARE reasons why i like him; I like his honesty, how he acts silly in the most retarded ways but cute at the same time, the way he cares so much for me and fusses over even the littlest things like i have a cough, as well as more practical/professional things like i admire that hes hardworking and very reliable member (we work together), which i think speaks a lot about his character. But for some reason i feel like those answers are...cliche?( i dont know wat other word to use).

Do you think I should tell him that even if i feel like im being cliche? And does it bother a guy when a girl wont tell him why she likes him? does that make him question her feelings? because im starting to get a vibe that hes questioning how i really feel and generally im a pretty reserved/protective about my true feelings.

Im also just curious about how other people respond.. or how people feel about this question. I think im over thinking things hahaha.

Guest CaptainPants

Minerals are blue

Marines are red

My heart is walled off

but supply depots go down for you

its a work in progress yah?

(sorry sc reference)

uh oh, people ask this 'cause they're depressed about themselves- low self-esteem stuff like that.

I did that for a time, asked every person I knew... it was retarted.

nothing you say will comfort him, you probably shouldn't answer- and when you do, it'll be when you're annoyed.

Guest mszdroopique

Girl you already got yourself a list of things to say! Just look him in the eye, say it, and apologize if you think you should for being cliche

This is what i would say:

You make me smile

you make me laugh

all the while

making me re-think about what i have

if soul mates existed

you'd be my better half

i would've wished this,

but no airplanes have passed

you're more to me than pikachu is to ash

And you're always on my mind like a one way track

i'd pick you over cold hard cash

throw it in the trash

and spend the day with you

cause girl(or boy) i love you

Guest Gofishus

Say the truth. There's got to be certain unique qualities about him, ie looks, smarts, humor, interests, etc that no other person possesses that you can tell him...

Guest Clu3less

i say it's better to tell him even if it's cliche. i think it's cute when it's a bit cliche?

i was having doubts with my relationship with my ex when we were together. he seemed like he didn't care about me or our relationship anymore. so i asked my ex the same question and all he could give me was an i don't know. i ended up breaking it off with him then and there after hearing that.

Guest kawaru-chan

haha My boyfriend asks this sometimes...

I usually just go (and this is actually word for word) "lol I dunno... I just do." Then go on to list the first few things that come into my head about why I like him xD

I don't think it's something that can be explained. It's just how it is xD 

My friend says we have 'good chemistry' and she loves how my boyfriend and I  interact with each other.  Everyone that knows me and my boyfriend consider us to be one entity now o___o

Sometimes I ask him the reasons why he likes me because I get curious... But it's a question I don't really take seriously.. Usually I'm in a silly mood when I ask him xP

; I like his honesty, how he acts silly in the most retarded ways but cute at the same time, the way he cares so much for me and fusses over even the littlest things like i have a cough, as well as more practical/professional things like i admire that hes hardworking and very reliable member (we work together), which i think speaks a lot about his character.

You just answered your own question. And in no way is anything like that "too cliche." It's the truth. Be honest with him. Maybe you could tell him it feels like the words are cliche, but you mean it, and you probably want to say a lot more. Or you could just add "more than words." haha

If you can't do that, write down every reason why you like him. :)

Guest hiswendy

My brain usually goes to the randomest, silliest, quirkiest details about them that I like, and that's what I tell them. Then they look at me weird.

Guest Meilumi

It doesn't matter if you think it's "cliche". If those are your honest thoughts, then you should tell him. If you're still worried that it's too cliche, word it differently and don't say it so up front. x)

you already have the reasons to why you like him! who cares if it's cliche or corny. he'll probably think it's sweet and stuff. and, you get to ask him the same question back and hear his answer!

Guest daulism

just request the radio station to play Bruno Mars' "Just the way you are" and include a shoutout.. making sure he's tuned in.

it'll get the point across.

but personally i would say something silly like, "i like you because you look cute when you fall asleep in class" :-D

Archived