[Drama 2010] Yacha / Demon 야차

Guest dramaok

Guest dramaok

[OCN] Jo Donghyeok, Seo Doyeong, Jeon Hyebin, Son Byeongho, Seo Taehwa

Viewer Advisory: This program for audience age 18+ (19+ Korean) due to graphic and mature content

if anyone wants to take over the first post please PM me i would love it.

yachapig.jpg

A 12-episode high-budget 100% pre-broadcast filmed action sageuk set in mid-Joseon, about two brothers, one woman, their revenge, their rage, their loyalty and their love. A "Yaksa" or "Yacha" is a devilish killer, who carries out murders as part of the King's secret society against his political foes.

Drama Title: 야차 [夜叉] - Yaksa / Yacha / Demon

Station: OCN cable

Air dates: starts December 10, 2010

Air time: Friday night @ 12:00

Episodes: 12 total

PD: Kim Hong-Seon [김홍선]

Script: Jeong Hyeong-Su [정형수], Gu Dong-Hwei [구동회]

HP: http://www.onmoviestyle.com/series_site/main_889.asp?os_seq=889

Teaser Clip: OCN 야차 (youtube)

Main Characters (translated from Korean posted in drama main page:

[do not take translations outside soompi.com]

warning: these descriptions contain spoilers. you've been warned.

baekrok.jpg

Lee Baek-Rok (Jo Dong-Hyeok)

He used to be a simple and good-natured man living in the northwestward Hamgyeong-do. But one day after an encounter in Hanyang with his old friend (the King), he becomes the head of King's secret organization 'Heukwoongeom (Black Cloud Sword).' He is a "Yacha" the devilish killer who murders the King's political opponents without reservation, but he lives life embracing 'Jeong Yeon' on one side of his heart, and his ambition-consumed younger brother 'Baek-Gyeol' on another side of his heart. However he faces a spiraling position, where he and his brother are pointing swords at each other, and upon the precarious life of Baek-Rok hangs also the fate of the Black Cloud Sword which is about to collapse.

baekgyeol.jpg

Lee Baek-Gyeol (Seo Do-Yeong)

Baek-Rok’s younger brother. Unlike his simple-hearted brother, he has been clear-headed and ambitious since he was young. Upon finding out ‘Jeong Yeon’ the woman he loves is in love with his brother Baek-Rok, he leaves for Hanyang and becomes the son-in-law of the powerful Kang Chi-Soon. Under the protection of Kang Chi-Soon, Baek-Gyeol is rising to success, but he meets Jeong-Yeon again, when she is a Gisaeng, and in order to protect Jeong Yeon, he points his sword toward the head of the Black Cloud Sword, without knowing he is actually his own brother.

jeongyeon.jpg

Jeong Yeon (Jeon Hye-Bin)

The woman who received the love of both Baek-Rok and Baek-Gyeol. A beautiful and elegant daughter of a simple civilian, but literate and well-versed in the humanities. Perhaps it is due to her good-natured original self, that she would love the simple-hearted Baek-Rok over the overly ambitious Baek-Gyeol. However when Baek-Rok tells her if she loves him, she should choose his brother Baek-Gyeol instead, she feels betrayed and deflated at his feebleness, and she leaves for a faraway place never returning again. After a few years pass, Jeong-Yeon appears before Baek-Gyeol again, as Kang Chi-Soon’s favorite mistress, and thus begins her plot aimed to destroy the brothers.

kangchisoon.jpg

Kang Chi-Soon (Son Byeong-Ho)

The left-state councilor of the current royal court, and political heavyweight whose power is greater than that of the King. Upon the death of the previous king, he put a puppet king on the throne in order to seize control of the royal court, however when the new king tries to strengthen his power with the establishment of the Black Cloud Sword, he steps forward immediately to press for a new political regime. As someone who is fixated on gaining political power, he receives Baek-Gyeol as his son-in-law because he needs him, despite knowing he does not love his daughter. He is someone who becomes the target of Baek-Rok’s rage and revenge.

doshipyeong.jpg

Do Shi-Pyeong (Seo Tae-Hwa)

King's chief eunuch.

parkpo.jpg

Park Po (Park Won-Sang)

Conman from Sseushima Island.

jihyang.jpg

Ji Hyang (Seo Yeong)

Madam of Hanyang's top Gibang.

poster3y.jpg

201011151742481.jpgposter20.jpg

]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest venustiara

I read the drama summary and it looks very interesting.

Will anybody make the English subtitle for this drama because i can't understand Korean language that's why i can only watch Korean drama with English subs.

I hope someone will sub this drama...

I read the drama summary and it looks very interesting.

Will anybody make the English subtitle for this drama because i can't understand Korean language that's why i can only watch Korean drama with English subs.

I hope someone will sub this drama...

Viki's team picked it up so show some support to them as they are volunteers doing what they love and we get to enjoy too..... :D

Guest eduardjr

@Cricket

Thank you for this. :D

Another version for episode 1 softsub for [OCN] 야차.E01.101211.720P.HDTV.X264.AAC.24f-KK.mkv video version by Yacha Team @ ViKi.com.

Download Link: Click Me!

Enjoy again!!! :D:P

Guest CricketVK

English softsubs by Team Yacha @viki.com for ep 2 is now available:

Version: HDTiBiNET

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V3OXUA1H

Enjoy.

Guest eduardjr

Another version for episode 2 softsub for [OCN] 야차.E02.101218.720P.HDTV.X264.AAC.24f-KK.mkv video version by Yacha Team @ ViKi.com.

Download Link: Click Me!

Enjoy Again! :P:D

Wow, I see the eunuch who I thought was killed in epi 4 still around in epi 5. 

Aw, it looks like BR is happy (seemingly) in Japan where it looks like his training has begun.....

BK should be looking sad for what he thinks he did to his older brother.....

I wonder whose overall plan this was as my thoughts lead to the scholar to take the kingdom from the king and vice premier and turn it back to helping the ppl....plot thickens.  Cannot wait to see this episode.

Thanks semi-fly for the screencaps.

Guest CricketVK

English softsubs by Team Yacha @viki.com for ep 3 is now available:

Version: HDTiBiNET

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ALAQ241

Enjoy.

Archived